(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Hope, my bb just went for the 6-in-1 & rotavirus yesterday. Bb weighing 6.3kg. Then according to the formula for milk qty..seems like my bb consuming more.
Checked with pd...he said use 3h as a gauge. So if bb gets hungry b4 3h then we can increase qty. Looks like we are gauging it correctly.
Whats your bb weight?
Nxt mth bb due for pneumococol...

ok min81, i will call if tmr still have.

anyone know if pants too tight also will affect or cause any spotting ma? haa, silly qns
happy.gif

Bb: u r with dr tan HH right. If not just call hotline n tell them u need to see dr tan early. Otherwise go to the 24hrs O&G clinic.

whiteclover I had been nursing my bb outside. I have no problem doing it. ya maybe u should do it without the pillow at home first.

dian tang jia you on bf! personally I find that by latching bb during first month can increase milk supply instead of pumping. although its stressful n cant really rest much as it is feed on demand but can increase supply.

Sade: i will try that! i have inverted nipple for my left breast. so i have more milk at my right breast. Still low volume .

min81: yes the wound still hurt but manageable with pain killer. it may take 4-6 weeks to heal.

Lil ponyo: my CL sleep with the bb. so that we are not disturbed at night. I just pumped my bm and cl just warmed up and feed the bb. but my bm is not enough so my bb is fed mostly with fm now.

Hi Babysmurf, no more check ups for me at TPS. Today is the last. Next week must go PES clinic to do blood test b4 C sec date. Quite down about babies weight - one twin only gained 100gm in 2 weeks, the other 300gm. Think it's time next week to get them out, no point staying on since I can't nourish them or give them space to grow.

How was your CGT and your appointment today? You are so lucky your DH accompany you for all appointments!

Hi Lil, my maid will be here latest next week thank goodness. Not pleased with the timing but have to make do and my mum can train her while I am in the hospital. Glad that you have sorted out your CL! Almost there now, we are!

Mofmm: clear my swap test n done ctg no contraction. No dilate. Next wk have to go for a detail scan on her weight. Scare too big. Now abt 3kg. My dh gan chiong. Even want to ask dr tan to do c sect or induce me early. He cannot wait to see her ex- girlfriend aka baby girl. Hahaha

Mofmm, don't be down about babies weight. Together they put on 400g all thanks to you! Carrying twins isn't easy at all so be proud of what you have accomplished! As long as they are healthy, that's all that matters. They can put on the weight after they are delivered! Single digit count down to D Day!!! Happy to hear your maid is coming. Everything's falling into place!

Dian tang, I also have a left inverted nipple. After my boobs got bigger throughout pregnancy, the skin has stretched it out a little so it's more like flat than inverted now. Will also have to jia you like you and all mummies here when it's my turn! Are you wearing binder everyday to support your wound?

Babysmurf, you DH is so funny
happy.gif
tell him dont gan chiong and enjoy couple time and a good night sleep while it lasts!! Glad you passed your test. All ready?

Thanks, Small bunny!!

Whiteclover: I also dunno how to bf outside as there were no pillows. Only cradle hold is suitable , rite? Or cross cradle ?

Lil Ponyo: yes we have to work harder by massaging the nipple out bef latching or do more pumping . I have difficulties latching bb on the breast with inverted nipple.
Yes u need a abdominal binder. If u have , can pack to ur hosp bag . It help to raise ur tummy up so that it won't sit on the wound at bikini area. I wear it everyday except sleeping .

Whiteclover, just try latching at home w/o the pillow. I latched in car, at my mum's place... yet to do it in public area..but doubt i will unless i lazy to bring out ebm or fm...hee...
Once i din pump for more than 6h and breast super hard. Pump oso useless cos milk doesnt wan flow out. End up latching works. Indeed bb sucking is better than pumping.

Hi bb, Jasmine, I also Dun have much symptoms. Keep worrying. So I just drop by the 24 hours clinic last Fri and they gave me a scan. Can see yolk and sac. This sat will see dr tan. Hope can see the heartbeat at 6 Weeks!

Nidellia- great to hear that. My symptoms went away since mon and had brown discharge since yesterday. Will be going down o&G later for an access.

Lavender: Great to hear that!!

Bbluck- how's your spotting? Did u go o&G last night?

Congrats to BB, Jasmine and Lavender. Welcome to the thread.

Koirc: Im going down to Bambini Photo this Sat to sign the package. Price has increased to $800. I quite like the photos. Btw did you do ur own hairdo and makeup?

Girl Girl, Mofmm and Lil: congrats to you gals. Are you all very excited? Counting down …..  Have a safe and smooth delivery.

Whiteclover: In that case, we need to prepare two red packet?

Dian tang,

Okie hope your c-sect wound recovers quickly
happy.gif
Is it painful to walk around and do stuff? Cos actually hubby and i not thinking of getting CL.. If let's say i need to go thru c-sect, was wondering if we'll be able to manage cos recovery will definitely be slower than normal delivery..

Nidellia,

Congrats on seeing the sac and yolk sac!
happy.gif

BB,

Think you can go down o&g like what nidellia did.. Since you've had discharge, maybe can get a progesterone jab..

min81: it is better to get cl cos u need a lot of rest after c sect. it is not advisable to walk ard and do things. unless u have someone else to help u and dh

Min81: as a first mum, is more advisable to get help during confinement even for natural delivery. At least can have rest n there is someone experience to cook n take of baby like how to bath them.

Min81, ya I agree with Dian Tang and Babysmurf. There is no such thing as too much help. Also, when your DH goes back to work, you will be on your own. And even if your mum or mum-in-law help you, they will be tired too. If you do decide to get one, now is the time to start looking. I started looking when I was around 4 months and even then it was a little challenging.

wow nidellia..can see the yolk sac at week 5 liao ma? hee. so fast..

min81 & jamsine: yes.. last nite and today no more dark discharge. but i will monitor 1-2 more days then go down..

babysmurf, my swab test done on Monday, so within 48 hours will know lo. If negative then no call...hehehe....

Mofmm, dun worry too much ....I am sure both babies are doing fine ...

For me now I am 65kg ...fat like a penguin... And really cannot walk for long. Sigh...

Jasmine, so far saw one sac. My Hubby hopes its twins though.

Min81, thanks! Congrats to passing your 1st tri!! Hope can hear the heartbeat soon.

Bb, ya lo. I was so worried. Trying to relax myself and not be too paranoid. The doc who scanned said I've no bleeding and my cervix is closed. I Dun Hv much symptoms. Just these 2 Weeks been turning in earlier nightly, waking up in the middle to go toilet, butt pain at right side. Even written an email to dr tan. He told me not to worry and will see me first this sat morning. You also monitor your staining too. Your doc sees you so late ah. 2 Weeks I also cannot tahan.

Mofmm, babysmurf and all popping mums, jiayou!! Very soon you can hug your precious ones in your arms.

Nidellia: don't worry. Now u have to relax n take nutritious food more protein to boost ur littles one. Tummy cramp is be is ur little one is hold tightly to ur uterus. Take a deep breath. Enjoy the moments now. Later in 3rd trimster more to come.

Psp: ur turn coming after us.

Lil: my dh gan chiong cos I told him u all cut q. Heehee then my girl has not even engage. Another 2wks to my edd. Come out earlier he can see with his own eyes rather than everyday ask me how his girl. Arrgh.

Girl girl: Tehan 2more days. I also cannot Tehan to walk too long. Sleeping becoming difficult for me also. Cannot turn lol. Too big n heavy.

Ladies: anyone using avent sterilizer? Instruction said put 100 of water inside. But after the whole process done, I still have lot of water. Is this normal?

Thanks babysmurf, I can't wait to give birth..

So heavy to sleep now, backaches and pain is making me so miserable. Haven been having good sleep for many many nights..

Babysmurf, its normal. They only 'steam' for that few minutes, so the water will still be ard. No worries. Just make sure u clean the dish daily so that it will not rust.

Hi Small Bunny, Twin A is 2.4 and Twin B is 2.2kg at wk36. First time there is a big diff weight wise but read on multiples forums that the last month of pregnancy for multiples is diff from singleton pregnancies as there is likely to be growth restriction. Just down cos I have tried to boost their weight by eating bird nest, essence of chicken, durians and maternal milk daily and the gain is so minimal.

Hi Lil, thanks for the encouragement really appreciate it. Yup I guess when they are out then I can fatten them up. My belly is full of stretch marks even above the belly button area and there is just nowhere for them to grow or move to turn head down. For the binder, I am taking Reikibaby's advice to buy from hospital pharmacy after the c sec and the physiotherapist has advised me of the correct size n type to get. Maybe u can check with your doc first before buying from Guardian?

Hi Nidellia, thanks for the encouragement. Remember to keep thinking positive and Dr Tan is usually v reassuring and right about stuff. I saw the sacs too and fretted there was no heartbeat but he told me next visit (8wks) sure will have and there was! You are in good hands, rest more and take care of yourself!

Hi PSP, u are in the single digits in terms of weeks - jia you! Hang in there! Time will pass quickly as u occupy time with tying up work, preparing for baby stuff, resting etc. Hope you have an enjoyable n memorable photo shoot

Hi GirlGirl, Tx for the reassurance
happy.gif
just 2 more days for you - wishing you a safe n smooth delivery! Must update us k? Think of Happy Feet (the movie) when you mention Penguin, I am sure your little active baby girl will be as cute and lovable as the movie lead!

Hi Babysmurf, 3kg is a nice weight - read that most NBs fall between 2.5 to 3.5! I'm sure your little one will let your hubby n u know when she is ready to come out - if no dilation or contraction means she is comfortable inside right? And probably want to let you two enjoy the last few days of "Er ren shi jie"

Mofmm: not worry your baobeis are of gd weight for twins. By next wk, your twins will be abt 2.5kg. Do you need to take the jab to mature their lungs? My DH want her to be out today same as our wed anniversary. Hahaha. She too comfortable till I carry 1 big watermelon. Even dr tan asked me why my tummy look so big for just 1wk review lol. My stretch marks getting darker n spreading upwards.

Rekibaby: how to get rid of the water in the sterilizer. Maybe tested for the first time, I opened after the process got 1very strong plastic smell. Eeeeee

PSP, I agree with Mofmm that time will pass faster and faster! So hang in there!

This morning, I was just hit (again!) with the reality of how soon baby will be here and got upset with my DH for not doing enough. Usually when I can't sleep at night, I end up going through my mental list of things that needs to be done. Our house is a mess, baby laundry is not completed, we have not bought stroller and bath tub, maid issue not settled...sometimes, I wonder why men don't get that urgency to get everything settled like us. He still works and surf internet as usual every evening! Anyway, after my outburst this morning, he texted me this afternoon and said he will come home and cook for me tonight. Hee hee.

Mofmm, I can imagine how big and heavy you feel. Both twins combined, you are carrying 4.6kg! None of our singleton babies are that heavy and we already feel like penguins/whales/and other big animals! LOL!!! So rest assured, you are doing a good job. What's more important and commendable is how you are able to keep them in your womb until full term. You will be Week 37 when you deliver! As you know, twins usually have to come out earlier. Your girls will thank you for that!

And speaking of penguins, all the best Girl Girl! Can't wait for your update!! LOL, your description of yourself is so funny
happy.gif

Good idea to ask doctor/nurse first before buying the binder. Actually I already have 2 but they are smaller and more for later part of my maternity leave. I need one immediately post surgery.

Babysmurf, tell your DH the longer baby stay in womb the better it is for her. She will be even more ready to face the world when she comes out!!

Can't wait for my scan this Saturday!

Lil Ponyo,

Do try to zz more instead of stressing over the list. If there is no time to clean the house, just try your best for your room if ur bb in same room. There is no urgency for stroller, as bb is small n you can carry in your arms. But a bath tub is essential though. Relax n chill to wait for bb arrival ok.

Mofmm, excite for u. 2 bb! If the gynae think the wt is fine, then dun worry k. More imps is their structure.

I feel sianz. One month le but breast milk still very low in volume. I just take papaya fish soup daily n fenugreek daily. At least I tried my best, got give bb some bm beats I not giving.
happy.gif

Thanks to all who wish my bb his bb shower. I held at hdb multi purpose hall. Rental 50 without gst with gst is 53.5 and deposit 100. Times flies, without realizing, my bb has grown from a NB. Every night I woke so many times, till now I am still struggling. Hope bb outgrows the night feeds.

Tomorrow, bb going for his hep b 2nd dose.

Chevy, u back to work? Are things ok?

Reiki, so u went PD for jabs? Hmm I weigh bb by carrying her than minus my weight should be 5.6kg Hee. I think bb boys heavier lei Hee. Yours is a Gd weight!

Whiteclover, have you got your wink shape wear? Does it work?? Hee.

Went to O&G today. Nothing was assured... Saw a sac though. Was ordered to have blood test taken today and Friday to chk whether the hcg level is rising or not. Progesterone pill to be taken 3 times instead of 2 times a day. Sigh...even more worrying now... :/

MofMM keep your spirits up. Your babies are very good weight! I'm just hoping my babies will be as obedient and stay in there until wk 37. I'm looking forward to my scan next Monday. Hope babies are well within range!

Hi jasmine, all the best to u ...don't worry too much... Maybe u can ask dr whether can give u more support? As in nuh we have vagina insert, oral pills & oil based jab to support the pregnancy.

Lil Ponyo: relax relax, I think bathtub and ur abdominal binder can buy first. Stroller can wait a while.

Usagi: you can try soup with black beans which can boost milk. I also have low milk supply . Now got improve when I drink more warm drinks . For me , as long as I have milk, I am contented.

Good morning all..

Jasmine! Me too! went to O&G last evening. hmm but doc didnt ask me to do blood test leh.. also saw a tiny blueberrylike.. ha.. doc is quite satisfied as no sign of bleeding. need to increase 3 dosage per day as well.. but honestly, i am more at ease now.. she assured me that on-off cramping and slight discharge at this stage is normal, but still have to be careful though.

wah, the waiting time.. really long..

Thanks babysmurf and mofmm, I will be positive and wait patiently. Looking forward to seeing dr tan this sat.

Bb, glad to hear you r ok. Just monitor closely.

Jasmine, Dun worry. Relax. The more stressed you are is not gng to do the baby good. Be positive. Cheers!

whiteclover I read before that bf bb lack of vit d n iron unlike fm which are formulated with it. what kind of vit did ur pd gave u?
btw do u still see those drunken smile on ur bb now?
I seldom saw that alrdy.
n does ur girl scream happily during play time? my girl has been screaming every day. worried she might be voiceless. haha. I have a super talkative girl.

Back