(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

sade

Hi, wanted to start a new thread for those that bfp from ivf and due in 2013. Welcome to join in the discussions. Good day to all!

Halo Sade!
happy.gif

Hi chevy, me nt active during ivf cos don't want extra stress so didn't go forum. Knows there are other forum but they had alrdy given birth. Feel to create a new thread so that can form our own group too.
Congrats to u too! When is ur edd?

my 1st gynae appt is 2molo so hopefully will know edd then..... but est is mid mar. wat abt urself? when r u expecting to c ur miracle?
happy.gif

6 weeks appt? So u still seeing Dr zou?

I went thru appt every 2 weeks starting fr week 6 till week 12.
Mine is 22 Jan 13. It's my first child after 6 yrs of marriage. Really forward to my little miracle arrival.

6wks? if count from ET, then it's 4th wk.
Yepz, me still seeing dr zou and taking her an tai med.

It's 1st for me after 7yrs of "bliss" heheheheee....

Yep. It's 6th week from your last menstrual period. (LMP).
So she must be happy for u right?
I din go back aft my ET. So she din know abt me. Maybe she thou no hope for me liao.
Whose ur ivf gynae?

Hi hi ladies!! Thanks sade for creating this thread! In fact, I was just wondering last night if we shld create a new thread for those due in 2013, heheh...

sade, think for IVF, not accurate to count from LMP leh... My gynae says count from ET date.

Thanks alot Sade for creating this thread
happy.gif

Chevy how come ur gynae appt is tmr I thgt is today? Isn't it suppose to be same day as u/s? Btw how's ur u/s?

sade, I was wondering after all of them on 2012 thread pop, and none of u are in that thread, then I'll be so lonely! LOL.

sade, yeah, the calculator says count from ER date, but donno why gynae says count from ET date. And anyway from scans so far, projected EDD seems closer to the date counted from ET date too!

Ya it's quite hard to catch up. But I guess it's just diff stage of pregnancy. So tend to be in diff stage of topic too
happy.gif
but we also need advice from those who have pass those stage so can share with us what to expect
happy.gif

hi of course can go around all few threads to read and ask. Just thought of setting a new one for year 2013 so that many more bfp ladies can join in here.

Because for me, i counted fr ER date too. Din check with my gynae on the dates. Because on the first scan, he will give you the EDD.

I am no expert. just sharing what i know. hehe.

bbshower, my EDD is 15 or 16 Feb 2013. Based on calculation is 15th. Based on scans so far, seems like 16th.

How abt u? Most of u shld be due in March right?

Think my fellow Feb MTBs are bruno & BabyGalore.

Please be reminded to be cautious as first trimester are deem as risky. Even without ivf too.
As it's a precious bb, so we must be extra careful. That's my own thought. Just take the whole first trimester as 2ww. Slow and steady.

Wah 15 or 16 feb isit CNY season? Mine shld be march ba I will only know next week when I c gynae. Wah later urs is CNY first baby then can get lots of sponsor.

bbshower, yeah, CNY season lor... Hiring confinement nanny also more ex! First day of CNY is 10 Feb i think. If my baby so lucky get sponsors I dun mind, hahah...
happy.gif

Sade ya very stressful in 1st trimester especially hearing alot of MC. That's y I took 2 mths of NPL just to play safe. Hope everyone can pass 1st trimester smoothly. Is there any food or fruits we can't take during 1st trimester? Btw do you gals take Mac
happy.gif

Wah Luv it's only less than 1week from CNY leh got very high chance leh. Hope u get the sponsorship
happy.gif
but must be natural birth right cannot be c-sect right?

if u want confinement nanny, then can start sourcing soon. I had called PEM and was quoted $3k and $150plus for levy and 2 ang poa. That is for CNY period. He told me that he's going to increase the price as the market rate is higher. I had called a freelance CL, she quoted me $3600 and 3 ang poa.

Luvnhope Btw, may i ask how many weeks are you now?

sade, think PEM's rate is actually quite reasonable. Plus they guarantee a CL. I'm very worried a freelance CL might just fly kite cos it's CNY period lor... Am confirming with PEM soon.

I'm 10 weeks plus now. How abt u? Into 2nd tri liao?

Oic bbshower, good to rest and take things slowly now.
Fruits to avoid is pineapple, unripe papaya, watermelon, banana (del monte, coconut.
Foods to avoid is oysters, uncooked food, sashimi, rojak, bitter gourd, brinjal, brown cucumber, spicy food.

no cold and gassy drinks now.
avoid coffee and cocoa.

i wrote that down from other past thread.

14 weeks plus. Done with oscar test. Phew! Looking forward to detail scan.

Ya the price is reasonable for PEM. But i din book them cos wanna save a bit cos spend quite alot on ivf and doc visits.

Wah it's so expensive to get a nanny. Ya CNY period is more worrying about them flying kite.

Btw Sade you r with which doc n which hospital?

sade, so u're not hiring a CL? Who'll help u out then?

Good results on ur OSCAR I believe?
happy.gif
I'm doing mine next Sat.

Who's ur gynae btw?

Dr S F Loh TMC.

Low risk.

What's about both of your gynae?

You manage to book the scan? Cos for tmc, have to go and queue due to dragon year.

Guess my hubby and mum have to help me out during confinement.

Meantime, i will enrol for the parent craft class from TMC.

Btw luv, did u scan every 2 weeks? R u still on support now?

Sade ur EDD is in jan so ur bb will still be a dragon bb
happy.gif

Mine gynae is dr Matthew lau frm kkh same as Chevy. Wondering how is Chevy checkup.

sade, yeah, booked for 4 Aug. Thankfully the clinic lady was kiasu and told us July slots all full, better book Aug slots fast.

Dr Tseng did my IVF for me, so still going to him to wean me off my support med. I also went back to see my prev gynae. Did my scans 2 to 3 weeks' interval.

Yup, still on support. Hopefully can stop by Week 14? Have u stopped all support liao?

Did u sign up for the FBI card? Can get discount on the prenatal classes.

Hi ladies! Migrate to this thread too hehe
Went for my gynae appt just now and after v scan got fresh red blood..freak out..
Gynae say leave to fate..feel hopeless
Going back next week for 6wk scan
Wondering if dr zou can help me..haiz

Ewea u mean after scan u get fresh blood?Btw how's ur scan? Oh dear r u given extra support? U r with which gynae?

Dr jerry fm kkh, I got proluton jab on mon fm pte gynae so he say if need jab mon can go and see him.
So now as usual 3x tab
Ya right after scan I wipe is red..past few days either brown or reddish brown..
Oh saw a sac fm scan.

Luv taking Oscar test I thgt there is a risk of MC right? Erm I might not do it ba.

Ewea I thk u better bed rest now n I understand from previous thread the gal mention can take lotus cook with rice to stop blood flow, u might wanna chk the recipi from them or chk with dr zou. Becoz I m not too sure.

bbshower, OSCAR test is just a BT and ultrasound scan. Nothing invasive. It's the amnio test and CVS that are invasive and carry risk.

ewea, take care! Congrats on seeing the sac! It's a good start! Maybe can check with the private gynae again. Is it Dr Loh?

Luv oic I thgt it's the whole Package. If just blood test n ultrasound than its okay. If need to draw the fluid out I think gonna think twice
happy.gif

bbshower, ya I'm bedresting now, have appt w dr zou later and it will be my first visit.

Luv, I went to dr adrian at sengkang cos nearer n that day dr loh appt too full. Will go to dr loh if my condition still don't improve w tcm.
I'm glad to see the sac too but worried at the same time with all the bleeding..

bbshower, after the BT and ultrasound, if results are good and show low risk, then no further tests needed. If results show high risk then doc might recommend to do further tests like the amnio and CVS.

BabyG, glad u joined us! Why do u say ur doc is bochap?

BabyGalore does dr Jerry do delivery? He seems like a very soft gynae. I understand that not all ivf doc do delivery.

hi ewea, pls do bed rest now. Rem to ask Dr Zou for advise and recipe.

LuvNhope, yeah i stopped supports on week 12.
So that's meant u done yours at CARE?

Had alrdy sign up the FBI card.

Back