(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Eskimobaby n gals here wondering if anybody first pregnancy natural birth is very fast must be very lucky ba, coz I heard usually first one takes a longer time. Its so contradicting for me, I wan n don't wan the due date to arrive so soon. Wan to c the bb soon, but scared the pain n the big responsibilities dunnoe if I can cope or m I gonna be a good mummy...

Ya first timer, nor,ally long labour. Just have to keep my finger crossed and pray hard for a smooth delivery.

Eskimobaby like to check for PD, after discharge, we have to bring be back for check up right? If for normal healthy baby, how many times do we have to bring back? N also for injections, can we go kkh or polyclinic or other PD? Actually me quite confused with the PD issues. Can u pls enlighten me? Luv too, pls share your views too.

Whiteclover, I wrote down 2 PD that was recommended by ivf year 2012 thread, n they are Dr Ong Wong Hong (cheap and good) and Dr Ong Boon Hong From algow united square. Don't know if the Dr Ong which u mentioned are one of them or not. Initially wanted to use Dr Ong Boon Hong, but after seeing what u had said abt ur sis, I hesitated. Gotta check with dr loh.

Luv, eskimobaby, also not sure. He just said looks like mine would be c-sec. When I asked why, he said nvr mind, wait till later to confirm.

Doubt it is baby size cos he said baby size was ok. So far, put on abt 9kg and baby's abt 2.1kg. My sugar level is on the higher side though.

Sade - meant dr ong eng keow (now at mt A). My sister's first one was dr ong woon hong. But I have friends who use dr ong woon hong and like him. Just that, my sis had bad experience with him.

Eskimobaby, c-sec, are you konk out during labour or do u still feel the pain? Also, after the c-sec, is it painful? Can u still breastfeed after csec?

Whiteclove, how many weeks r u? I think my baby is small, 1.1 for 27+ weeks.. Is it ok?

My cousin had c and she also breastfeed her baby. So shouldn't be a problem.

Sade, I have people who touched without asking too which I am relatively quite ok if they are people I know but this one is a stranger leh. Oh well, anyway she already touched... :S

I haven't quite started shopping and haven't registered for antenatal class... So will think about childbirth later... Probably going with epidural.

Sade, salute you for going w/o epidural!

sade,
there's no hard and fast rule. usually after u are discharged with baby, a few days later, PD will ask u to go back just for a general assessment or check jaundice level and after that it's just the normal periodic development assessments and vaccinations. for checking of jaundice level, if u don't wan to go to PD u can go to polyclinic, there's an express que for newborns so dun have to que like the rest. for vaccinations and development assessments, u can go to polyclinics too or go to kkh pte children's clinic. for kkh pcc, they have PDs too to assess the child's development and after that send for vaccinations. the good thing abt kkh pcc is that they don't see sick children so u don't have to worry about ur child exposed to all the flu bugs or viruses and que also dun have to wait that long. just that u need to have another PD in mind, maybe nearer ur home, to take ur child to if he/she falls sick.

Eskimobaby thanks for explaining. Oh I see. At least now I have a clearer pic of what to do. I have a PD in mind which is nearer to my house. So that mean kkh pcc is better for bb vaccinations then polyclinic.

Whiteclover so u dont know y u need c section. Aiya y he din disclosed the reason n made u guessing?

Koirc I also don't know y strangers like to touch tummy. Out of 3 who touched me, one of them is like v distant relative whom I nv saw sin almost 20yr ago. I find it funny that they touched my tummy cos as if my bb will respond n kick. Hehe. N also my 2 young nieces also kept on touching as they r curious n wan to feel bb kicks. I don't see it as a way of taking away luck n my mum told me bb r Xiao qi so shouldn't let ppl touch unnecessary. Sometimes my tummy is super hard guess she is unhappy so I refrain from touching my tummy.

Bbshower, dun worry to much abt gaining 10kg, of course if too much, dr will tell u to tahan. Bb is growing fine n healthily yes? That's all we need to know.

Btw, were u informed of bb's wt during any scan? I dun remember leh.....

Chevy I did ask Dr Matthew Lau abt the weight n he mention still small so hard to say. I guess also becoz he is not the one doing the scanning, shld ve ask the sonographer.

Btw Chevy ytd i went for chk up with another gynae becoz Dr Lau not ard so he refer me to her. I waited for 2.5hrs at the specilist clinic A! But then she is very good! She sees my past record and make an effort to explain thgs to me. Glad I was refer to her despite the long wait
happy.gif

Chevy, I thou of a doula before but my hb said nope.
Din look into water birth cos TMC don't have. I got in touch with a doula before asking her abt prices n services.

Done my Oscar scan yesterday. Result moderate. But dr comment the neck skin thinner will be better. Scratch scratch. Then said wait for my blood test result to be out first.

Babysmurf how r u now? Have u discharged from hospital?
Ya have to wait for blood test result to be out.

Hi Babysmurf, hope you are doing well. Has your bleeding stopped? Hang in there, you have come so far
happy.gif
We are now both 12 weeks already
happy.gif
I'm doing my Oscar scan on Monday and will see doctor 1 week later to review the results.

All the other 1st trimester mummies, how are you feeling?

Bb shower, glad the stand-im dr was nice
happy.gif
Hope mine will be too! Do you mean the dr explained your condition which previously dr lau didn't?

Sade, oh....ur dh is not comfortable with another presence? I thk I wld feel weird too heheheeee..... Am wondering if the hyno really does effectively help with pain management bo.....

Babysmurf, good to stay a while longer since ur dh is not home lah. at least there r nurses looking out for u in kkh.

Lil: no more red red. My result will be out on Monday. Ur hubby will be excited. My hubby so excited keep asking question during the scan. My baobei turn n kicks. Sonographer have a hard time measuring her like play hide n seek. Hahaha

Chevy: the nurse really eagle eyes on me. Started a bit walking out of my room only. They come catch me n tell me no red red also must rest in bed. Don't strain or stress our tummy.

Chevy ya Dr Lau only say everythg very good thats all. But the replacement gynae got explain to be the position of the baby, and told me baby must be in a certain position then can natural birth. Now baby position no good but at current stage she mention don't ve to worry
happy.gif
Dr Lau is also good lar, just that female gynae seems like easier to talk to hehe...

Babysmurf no matter what you have to minimize ur walking around...and don't stress yourself too much k. And dont take too cold(liang)drinks and food now.

babysmurf, good to hear that. Do bed rest for these few days and not over exert yourself. So has the cyst dissolved?

Chevy, ya it's funny to have another person around during delivery. But quite interesting to have a doula around as she can calm n encourage us. hehe. but then hb don't like the idea hence it's out.

Babysmurf, yay that is good news. Good that there are eagle eyes on you then you will be a good girl and stay in bed! I know it can be boring but hang in there. Look up baby names, shop online or play sudoku to distract yourself. Remember...everyday is a victory
happy.gif

Are you still nauseous? I'm getting better and better but seem to be more dizzy and have headaches. There's always something!

My husband is worried about the Oscar scan whereas I'm numb already. I feel that so many things are out of our control in this journey that I've given up on worrying. I just focus on getting through day by day.

Lil ponyo good to hear that ur ms is getting better now. Ya that's good. Not be too worried abt all these as its not within our control n also it's up to fate. Do enjoy ur pregnancy as u r approaching 2nd trimester. Ur energy level n appetite will be back. ;-)

sade, I'll prob choose Dr Ong EK as my PD then switch to a PD closer to my home for the normal developmental reviews and jabs.
Btw, dun worry abt touching ur tummy... Baby can feel it and might respond too. I doubt your tummy hardening is due to baby cos it's ur uterus that hardens, not baby... so perhaps u are too tense. Or it could be BH.

Luv initially I also dont believe but then during 2nd trimester my tummy was always v hard cos I kept on touching it. It gets v tense up. And then during prenatal class, Mrs. Wong said that bb might be unhappy or tense up so if tummy gets hard then better don't touch it n leave it alone. Cos my tummy became v hard for whole day. Not only awhile.

How to know if it's Braxton hicks?

Oic. Is Dr Ong EK from mt A? Have u used him before? What's his price? Any idea?

sade, WBB said that? Hmm... I'm still sceptical, hahah...

When BH happens, ur entire tummy hardens and tightens. When I say hardens, it's really quite hard almost like rock hard. But it shldn't be painful unlike a real contraction.

Dr Ong EK used to be at TMC. Now his clinic's at Mt A. Yeah, used him for my gal b4. Can't find any other PD that I wanna use. So tot juz stick to him lah.

Luv, ya during first lesson, she asked us to touch each other tummy among a group of 6 women. My tummy is the 2nd hardest among all.
If I din rem wrongly, she said either unhappy or tense. Whiteclover do u still rem it?
So ever sin then, I tried not to touch whenever it's hard.
Oh I see, no wonder u r using Dr Ong EK. Let me check with dr loh again. N see how. Thanks.

Luv, sometimes I will feel that my tummy is as hard as stone. But it's for few hours. So might not be Braxton hicks for me.

Thanks, Sade. Yes, my husband and I are happy that we are crossing the 2nd trimester milestone soon. I can't wait for my energy and appetite to be back. Right now, besides going to work, I do absolutely nothing. As soon as I get home, I just lie on the sofa and wait for my husband to bring me food. Well, unless he is on business trips and then I need to move my lazy butt
happy.gif

Chevy, first lesson was ok. The exercises are similar to what I learnt in prenatal yoga. But not too bad coz DH was there so now he understands more of why we feel discomfort etc haha. And the tips Sade gave to sit at the back is really good! I'm glad we sat at the back else back will be v suan at the end of the lesson. So rem to go early and chop the back seat!

Dear mummies, I'm a reporter from straits times. We're looking to feature a range of mums to be in 2013, for a year-end report on your hopes and aspirations for baby. Pls PM me or email me at [email protected] if you don't mind being interviewed? Can also pass the word around, Thanks!

whiteclover, in fact, it was dh who told me. he read it on the net. it is said that raising our arms will obstruct milk flow wo..... but it's up to u to believe lah..... however, I dun c how it will affect
happy.gif

Thanks. Got worried cos my clothes are all hung in wardrobe above my head.

Cannot tahan my aunty. Didn't say anything in the beginning.now with 2 plus mths to go, then suddenly keep telling me this and that cannot do. Make me and my mil kan cheong.

Hi Whiteclover, my mil and aunties told me that too. But my laundry poles are all above my head so no choice.

Certain things I'll follow, like not to move the bed and not to attend any funeral.

whiteclover, i understand ur predicament. when i told my colleagues abt my pregnancy, i told them plse do not tell me the pantang stuffs. cos i dun wan to be worried unncessarily if i happen to do something not supposed to. common sayings if i alrdy know like no sewing on bed, no hammering nails into wall etc, i will follow lor.

Whiteclover me doing prenatal yoga n there is lots of hand stretching n arms above head pose. I also read somewhere with regard to hand raising issues. Don't think too much abt it.
True lor how to wash hair then?

Baby expo
Date:

14 - 16 December 2012

Venue:

Singapore Expo Hall 5B

Show Hours:

Friday and Saturday (11:00 am – 9:00 pm)
Sunday (11:00 am – 8:00 pm)

Back