(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Koirc,
First one 70 yrs old so gotta make sure her stamina is good as she needs to take care of bb at nite. For no. 3 wat kind of ground rules? No washing of underwear? No cooking for hubby? It really depends on ur needs whether the CL can satisfy ur needs, no point engaging one cos of recommendation from ur frens if u have to ve so accomodating. Maybe u can try out agencies talk to them before u decide.

Znatasha,
Agree with the rest to rest at home at least for the next 2-4 weeks. I was on HL for 4 weeks after my bleeding episode. When u work, it's inevitable that u have to walk around.

Dian tang,
My first trimester was every 2 weeks but once stabilize was changed to 3 weeks, now 2nd trimester is every 4 weeks, last trimester if no issue should be every 3 weeks until the last month may be more frequent like every 2 wks or 1 wk.

I'm under dr loh n I think for him if no issue he won't want to see u so frequently which is ok for me.

I only have these 3 for now.
sad.gif
I like 1 and 2 but I also find 1 a bit old. 2 will be disruptive since she can't do it for the entire month. Sigh!

Koirc: Agree with the other ladies too. Better look for other better options.

Ladies: Any idea what is the rate now for CL for year 2013?
I have check with PEM and the price is S$2,050 + S$157 work permit for 28 days. And, if you choose the nanny that you want it will be additional $200. Beside all this we still have to give Ang Pao on arrival & departure. Not cheap, ya?

Sade - haven decided yet. My hb doing up a list of pros and cons, so leaving it to him. Lately, a lot of ppl scaring me that jan mth a lot of deliveries and tmc may hv shortage of beds. Did u ask abt specifying of the room in your recent visit?

Kittykatty - yes that's the price my sister paid for 2012 too. I think that is market rate.

Koirc, if I were you, I'd try to look for other options since the ones now don't seem to be able to fulfil basic requirements (either in terms of age, duration or demands). Are you comfortable with the demands made by No 3?

Abt ur question regarding waterbag leak, hope it's not something u're worried abt? Yes, there's always a possibility, but rare case I suppose.

kittykatty, that's abt the market rate and cheaper than what some freelancers are asking for.

Whiteclover, That's no point securing a Ward cos during yesterday class, Mrs Chong said that even thou had booked Ward in adv, if on that day, if the Ward is not available then no choice. Even upgrade or downgrade.
But I m still going to ask to book soon. So the point is no matter How early that we had booked, its still depend on that day.
Oh I see. So ur hubby will make the decision for blood cord.

Koirc,
Yes it's possible n it's very dangerous as the leaking of waterbag means that baby is exposed to all external harmful germs, bacteria n infection. If the leaking can be stopped n amniotic fluid can maintain at normal level then usually it's ok but sometimes can cause some defects in baby too. In worst case scenario, if there's not enuff fluid left then it will not be a viable pregnancy anymore. I had this happening to a close fren whose waterbag burst at the end of first tri n baby didn't survived which was totally heartbreaking. I was really affected by it too cos we were very close.

Not trying to scare everyone but just sharing info... Pls don't be alarmed.

Actually for those with kkh pte suite. They also have a pkg but there's no special discounts for consultations just that u pay $488 in advance n they will deduct each visit from this amt then they will give $100 voucher to spend at the pharmacy upon delivery. Any unused amt from the $488 will be used to offset ur delivery n hosp costs. I dunno if they still have this but I find it very worth it cos I went to buy all the pigeon wet wipes, detergent n etc with the voucher so it's like u pay $488 n get another $100 free
happy.gif

sade, no, have not used Lucky Baby car seat b4. My gal's car seat is Concord brand, which seems to be defunct in S'pore now!
sad.gif

Heard Britax is not bad.

Luv, ok thanks. Cos this coming weekend, there is a sale for baby studio. I had rejected the hand me down car seat, hence now looking for one. Ya britax is good. Just trying to see if should buy a cheaper brand or britax.

BabyG, think Eskimo is referring to her visits at Dr Loh's new clinic, not at KK.
happy.gif

Anyone going down to expo this weekend?

babygalore,
i dunno if kkh still has the package now cos that was what i had 3 yrs ago when i gave birth at kkh. it's only for the pte suite tho.

Hi, anyone with KKH TPS?
I conceived thru IVF in Aug. My EDD is late April next year.
I'm 13+ weeks and went for my first appt with Prof John Tee yesterday. I find that the scanning equipment at TPS is so old and unclear. We don't even have another separate monitor to view comfortably when doc is doing the scan.
I'm quite disappointed with the equipment and cannot imagine that i have to face the same old machine for the next 7 months. Prof John Tee also seems tired during the consultation (My appt is at 6.00pm). He doesn't have much to say to me too.
I'm contemplating if i should switch to other pte docs.
Can some sisters from The Private Suite give some advice and share your experience?

congrats melody!

im with kk TPS as well. I agree the scan machine is ancient. Super unclear. Its better when you go to AMC for the scan.

Melody, I'm with Dr June Tan but at Clinic A. Because I'm having twins, I need to scan at ADC everytime before my doc appt so no chance to use their scan machine.... She also takes appt at TPS but guess all the machines are the same...

Hi BabyGalore & Joanne,
thanks for sharing. I went AMC & ADC before. Scanning is definitely clearer there. But i also realised that scanner in room 3 of ADC is clearer than room 5.
Now wondering if i should change to normal private doctor cos at least i can do scans at AMC instead of using that old scanner at TPS room.

My pregnancy has been filled with fears.
From bleeding episodes from 6 weeks to diagnosing with subclorionic haemorrhage, then insufficient amniotic fluid due to the bleeding. Finally comes the oscar scan at week 11 and i'm considered high risk for T18 & T13 due to nasal bone absent (unclear from scan)
I will be going for second opinion at Camden Medical next week with Dr Anandakumar before deciding if i want to go for the invasive amnio test.
Haiz, our pregnancy from IVF is already so precious, how can we risk getting m/c from the amnio.
Choosing a good gynae also difficult...
So many things to worry.

Melody, take care and try your best to think positively. Can imagine how you feel as unlike many others, our ttc journey did not come easy. At least you are already a step closer to the seeing your precious one while some of us are still trying. Jiayou!

Hi Koirc, I agree with the other ladies, perhaps you need to continue looking for more CL options. I have been thinking if we hire a private CL (i.e. not from agency), how do we guarantee that they can start work on the day we need them if our delivery date may be early or late by sometimes a week? Won't it interfere with the CL's next engagement? Hence, I was thinking perhaps an agency is good in this sense because they can guarantee a CL on any day but the down side is we don't get to choose who it is.

Melody123, sorry to hear about your tough journey. You are a very strong woman and have faith that everything will be fine. I've heard of Dr Anandakumar from another thread and that is good so hopefully, you will have a peace of mind and better informed to make your decision well. Take care and all the best!

Dian-Tang, my scan yesterday was good! No need vaginal scan anymore. Ha ha! Can do tummy scan now. Doctor said the baby is exactly on track which is good to hear. The little sac that has stopped growing is still there so hopefully, it will be smaller by my next scan in 2 weeks. Doctor asked if I can 'tahan' for 2 weeks because he is happy to entertain me with a weekly scan. We agreed that we won't get obsessed and stuck to 2 weeks. The doctor took me off Progynova and gave me some pills for nausea which he confirms is perfectly safe. So that's good.

Babysmurf, is your scan today, right?

Hi EskimoBaby and Baby Galore, KKH TPS still has that 488 package scheme - they gave me the brochure on Tues when I asked if they have any package scheme.

Hi Lil, how was your scan yesterday? Our EDD is about the same - mine is 1 day after yours - 11 June 2013. And I think that's why our symptoms are tracking each other - the dry skin and terrible nausea. I can't get up earlier than 1030 though I sleep at 12 and some days I am just too tired to even switch on my laptop to work. I don't get hungry on the morning like you do but changes to the breasts are similar and my nipple area feels itchy. Then there is the lack of appetite. I asked if I could stop the Dupahaston but was told to do that is to risk my pregnancy but at least dosage reduced to twice a day.
I fully agree with your sentiments about exchanging places with the husband. How I envy those who have a smooth pregnancy

Lil: Good to hear that everything is fine for you. when is your next scan?

Melody: You are excellent and a strong woman. Take care and have faith. What is KKH TPS?

Mofmm: I do agree with you. The Duphashaston is making me uneasy. Nausea and uncomfortable. I was taking 3 times a day and really feel very bad.

Ladies, do you experience white discharge?

Hi Psp, it stands for KK Hospital The Private Suite. Talk to your doctor about Duphaston...I was offered the alternative of vaginal inserts but did not feel comfortable,

Eskimobaby, how do you know if it's waterbag leaking leh?

Btw, I just got 3 more CLs' contact. Am gonna call them after lunch.

Melody123 - all the best for your scan next week. Heard the dr is very detailed and careful.

Experienced mummies - check w u. Do we need to choose a pediatrician before delivery? Or it is a norm for hospital to assign one during delivery.

Mofmm, yesterday after my scan, my doctor said my edd is 11 June 2013 so it is same as yours! Initially when I said my edd is 10 Jun is because I used an online calculator. Ha ha! I also asked my doctor if the reason for me feeling sick & nauseous is due to Duphaston. He said no, it's morning sickness and told me to continue until end of 1st trimester. Also my inserts, need to keep going.

PSP, Thanks! My next scan is 9 Nov. Doctor also scheduled me for an Oscar scan at NUH on 26 Nov already.

Dian-tang, thanks. How are you feeling nowadays? It's funny how our bodies change. You become more oily while I just dried up! My skin on my shin is so dry that it looks like a dessert floor. My DH teased me this morning when he saw my legs, "wah, once you get pregnant, you really let yourself go. Skin so dry and didn't shave!" HA ha! Don't know whether to smack him or to laugh!

melody, u sound like a strong lady. Jiayou!

PSP, yes, it's common to have increased white discharge during preg.

whiteclover, if u're with KK, think no need to choose, cos they have in-house PDs. If private, usually your gynae will be able to recommend one. Or else you indicate your preferred PD also can.

Hi all mummies to be!

Thanks to Lil ponyo for introducing this thread to me..

I just did my ivf in aug/sept and bfp.. Now at 9+ weeks and expecting twins! Hope to learn more things from you all ladies..
happy.gif

Babysmurf, wow so much has grown!! So happy for you to see the feet! Ha ha! During my scan yesterday (7w2d), it's still a glob. I can't make out anything except for the fluttering heartbeat.

Welcome, Saralyn!!

melody,
i was also under high risk for the oscar test due to my blood test result and went to dr ananda. Luckily, for my detailed scan, everything was ok and the ratio increased so it's low risk now.

saralyn,
congrats on ur twins!

whiteclover,
i think dr loh will assign the PD if you don't choose.

mofmm,
great, then it's good to sign up that pkg cos really worth it and don't have to worry whether you utilise the full amt or not as upon delivery definitely will use up that amount.

Luv, eskimobaby,read on forum that dr loh normally by default assigns to dr ang ai tin who is really ex. Wondering if I choose my own, shd I choose one which is near my house (but veli far from tmc) or choose one who is near tmc so that they can go in time.

Melody, it's Nv easy, but it's good to go Camden for 2nd opinion. All the best for your next scan.

Saralyn, welcome n congrats on having a twins.

Whiteclover, wen to dr Loh today n then had asked Alice abt booking ward. I filled up the form. N submitted to the tmc reception. They won't email us for any confirmation, so everything is only subjected to the actual day availability.
As for the PD, I had the same thinking as u. I also don't know how yet, will ask him in my next visit.

Back