(2013/11) November 2013

Lyn>Gynae said my risk is higher as I am approaching the big 40, now I am thinking if I should go for the test at all, since no matter what, I will carry on with the pregnancy

Lyn: cheeseburger is yummy!!
happy.gif

Dreamygal/Ankh: Hi5.... Think the P1 registration will be coming soon. Say June? Or July? Have you decide on a school? My #1 is in full day childcare. How about yours?

Hi all, hope everyone is feeling great today.

Hi Cookiesbun,

$600 is very expensive. Can even pay for a normal delivery without epidural I think. Hehe.

I paid $250 for my #1, done in kkh 6 years ago.

yeah loh.. cos I need to scan for 2, so slightly abit more.. if not wrong those prviate ones also cost ard $500+

haiz! nvm.. buy one "an-xin"

Cheeseburger, lyn, I ate a burger today! Hehe.

Cheeseburger, my girl will be going to my alma mater, which is super far away. Actually wanted to apply for PV for some schools around my area, but things cropped up. Now just worried about next year's logistics. Yep, P1 registration should be in July. MOE officer advised to watch out for news about it in the papers and tv. Think kindys should also receive notification. Or check individual school's website. I'll be registering under phase 2A2, which was held in mid Jul last year.

Thanx Lyn, my spotting has stopped already.. *phew*

I'll also be doing my Oscar test in end april... at Paragon.. i dont know how much will it cost too.. =x..

i have the strong sudden cravings for 100 plus & Coke!! i donno why... i used to hate gassy drinks before preggy.. but now am craving for it.. and i know its not good for bb... so trying to endure............

kitkat: hope you're feeling better now.. the gynae's nurse said to monitor.. if the flow is getting heavier gotta go A&E *touchwood*

But now it stopped totally.. so dint pay much attn to it anymore..

im eating my cheeseburger now! so happy.. haha
winkle, u sip abit la... juz a few mouth. don finish all

winkle, got caffeine free rootbeer, just search for it. Saw it at my gynae's clinic vending machine! very gassy too
happy.gif

regarding bleeding, just read online one of the causes is due to dehydration. So somehow we must try to drink enough water.

Dear Ladies, would like to join u all. Just tested positive when my period was late for 14days as I had afew false alarm before. =) So far I only felt very nauseous and bloated. Yesterday had diarrhea but today better. Based on my first day lmp 18th feb, I should be abt 6weeks. EDD 25th Nov. Tonight going to see gynae Dr Wu at punggol plaza. =)

Welcome Carine =) & congrats!!!!
We also have a closed FB group named " hush hush 2013" you may want to join if u want..

Jasline is the administrator.. probably will have to wait for her to approve.

Little beanie: what's your email address? I can invite you if you can't find the grp

Hi winkle, glad to hear u r ok now!

Wow Cookiesbun, r u having twins so the scan is higher?

Welcome Carine! I also get nauseas throughout the day..esp later in the day, like now... @_@ wishing the clock could move faster so that I can KO and go back lie in bed. Enjoy your 1st visit, if gynae do internal scan, u can get to see your little white dot ;)

Lyn: ya, have to pay attention to the news. Feeling very excited for my #1. Hehe. Another phase to go through.

Well......
Have a break. Have a CheeseBurger!!
happy.gif

Hi Cookiesbun, wow congrats! Having 1 was like strike lottery already, to have twins is superb! heehee the news flow so fast, I could only catch here & there sia :p

Yah little beanie, enjoy your cheeseburger, I had mine yesterday but today no mood..I just want to lie down & sleep, too nauseas..

Cheeseburger : My girl is in those 4 hours kindy. Registration in july. I'm going for phrase 2B. Hopefully can get in as its less than 500m away. I'm trying rosyth.
happy.gif

Cheeseburger cheeseburger cheeseburger!! Haha u are in hot demand!

I m doing my scan at NUH Fetal Care centre I think. Shd be end April too. Think was $200++ can't rem. for me if baby isn't healthy I will end it cos I don't think it is fair to bring him/ her into the world. I will forever worry abt the baby! Plus society is so unfair to them. What happens if I pass on before him/ her?

Re: nausea
I'm puking at 11pm leh. Very sian. Whole day like something stuck in the throat.
sad.gif

Hi! I have #1 who is 18 months old. Today just found out via Clear Blue test kit that I am expecting #2. Quite a surprise because I don't have any symptoms. No nausea, no fatigue (actually I am already very tired from #1 anyway!), nothing at all! I checked website and I am supposedly 6 weeks and EDD is 21 Nov. Because I didn't know, I was eating tons of sashimi, drinking coffee, eating junk, jumping around! I even planned to perm my hair but I guess have to postpone.

Now my problem is that my work stresses me out. Any tips to relax at work (but still appear hardworking)?

I had some bleeding again but lesser le. But doctor say the blood clots will not affect baby. It's in a different area. I onli went supermarket for a walk to stretch. Haiz.

Saw the waterbag and yolk.. Gynae said might be still early to see the baby... so ask me to go back in 2 weeks time. Couldnt believe I could be pregnant! Been ttc since 7 yrs ago! My nauseous last thru out the whole 24/7.. been having sleepless night recently... =(

mummies, i started spotting since wed afternoon. went to see the gynae yday and given a jab and rest days. But there's still brown discharge this morning. is it normal? bcoz when i see the gynae, he doesn't seems to be very worried abt my condition.

i will be seeing him again next week.

Love Everyday, i am also very stressful at work. and gynae said maybe due to stress that i had spotting. not very sure abt this. but i think we have to do the bare minimum thats all. ignore the rest which are beyond our control. jia you!

Xnruier, i am going to Europe F&E in 2 weeks time. agree that it is a bit dangerous, but just inform the doc and ask if there's any precaution you need to take. yday my gynae told me not to eat uncook food there esp in France. no milk, unpasturised products. do check with your gynae b4 flying. he also advise to buy travel insurance.

i just want to stay in relax mode till my holiday. and hope my spotting can clear soon.

congrats carine!

Anybody i missed out to put in the table. on mc now so veri free at home. haha

kimbear, pls try to walk slowly. everything take it easy hor. u continue monitor yur brown discharge. if there's no more, should be okie. on mon afternoon i got bleeding, but by evening gynae say no more bleeding. but next morning got some brown discharge, but after tat no more liao. just continue monitoring.

gals, remember to continue eating folic acid. can b bought at unity, cheaper.

Hi Fuzzybear, mine also in NUH but in mid-May. Doc told me its $250
happy.gif

Hi Kitkat & Kimbear, hope your spottings can clear soon. Btw kitkat, i thot bed rest means definately must stay in bed? My gf shared that she had a bit of spotting, given 2 days MC for bedrest. She cannot tahan, walked to market to buy 1 brunch of bananas to make banana cake...then the spotting came back and then kenna MC again. So play play ok? Rest well when needed ah
happy.gif

Congrats Carine! Dun worry, 2 weeks will pass soon and u'll get to see your little one again. I think my gynae quite relaxed leh, saw little one at 6wks scan and confirm all ok, although can't hear heartbeat yet, she says she dun need to see me till 2 months later..my next appt in June...gonna be a long wait sia...

Welcome Love Everyday! My EDD is 22 Nov, pretty close to yours ;) Before I was tested positive, I had a lot of sashimi too! LS the next day and then all ok after that heehee *luckily* Oh, I also had a lot of junk food too LOL (thot my menses was coming, I stocked up some potato chips!) Work stress...same here, its more of battling nauseas & tiredness in the afternoon and yet meeting deadlines..Jiayou!!

kitkat, i am also on mc. hahaha... now surfing net for travel insurance and some preg info. thanks for the link!

ya, after i finished surfing, i will be going to bed rest. yday i bought a pregnancy book from Popular bookshop and i read this very interesting. "spotting is due to the fetus "buried" into the uterus linning thus causing it to be disturb then spotting." in short implantation. i find it interesting and so true! so i guess we dont need to worry unless it is heavy bleeding. *fingers crossed*

i am walking very slowly since i found out i am preg. everything slow motion. i find it very funny as i look like normal yet behave like 8mths preg!

Lyn, thanks! i also hope spotting clear soon! i will get more rest...

Hi kitkat,

Try to tahan and bed rest more k.. Hope your spotting clears off soon
happy.gif
Can help to add my info to the table?

Child #: 1
EDD: 21 Nov
Doc: Prof P C Wong
Hosp: NUH

I just saw my bb's heartbeat yesterday
happy.gif
Hubby and i were very happy as our 1st scan was not promising and we were just hoping for the best.. We were so relieved and happy.. I'm supposed to be at 7w, but scan measured 6w3d, doc says it's fine..

Morning mummies! Actually I'm a bit confused.. So actually our pregenacy weeks is accordingly to our LMD, but doc advise is accordingly to the baby size to determine how many weeks we are pregnant?

Hello Love Everyday! Welcome...

I was same like you. Had tons of sashimi, cycled from Changi to Fort Road(to and fro) and I went dragonboat! My god, think I was really active. Lucky everything is okay....

Carine: Congrats!!!

FuzzyBear: Craving for some cheeseburger too?
happy.gif

Jasline: yes, it's me.
happy.gif

cookiesbun, the online calculator use LMD but sometime ppl ovulate late or early so doc will estimate based on bb size instead.

mummies who's spotting, please take care and rest more.

AR, u r from may 2010 rite? u came to my place for gathering during our maternity leave. didnt know that you relocated to KL.

Oscar test, actually the test isn't very accurate. i personally know of friend who get false result and went for DNA test to confirm. lucky bb is normal. and of course there are ppl who got good result but end up with a ds bb. i didnt do it from my #1 but i might consider for this one. a bit older liao. hee...

actually im quite worry that im overeating. yesterday early morning i had a pk of fried beehoon with chicken wing, an hr later im hungry but i control till lunch. by then im super hungry liao. had sushi (cooked stuff only), French fries and ice-cream. by 3pm i had to eat again, a toast and small cup of coffee. dinner at mil, mil cooking is awful so i eat little. went hm put #1 to sleep had a pk of maggie and apple. a bit too much rite but im hungry all the time. haiz... just 6wks plus i think my tummy cannot hide liao. cannot button my pants.
sad.gif

I hope when I go see gynae on the 23rd, he will advice me the EDD, till now I still not sure =(

This morning when I woke up, i feel so Genki!..but now i feel ms kicking in. Tri 2 faster come!!

Kimbear: do take care and rest more. How will you be traveling around Europe? I went to the 4 countries that you will be going during my honeymoon 3 yrs back. Maybe was trying to squeeze the most out of the 3 weeks there and cover many of the must-go cities, it was rather tiring. Especially need to carry luggage up and down the eurail and also some metro stations in europe does not have escalator have to climb stairs. So you really have to be careful ok. Let your hubby take the luggage for you.

mummychua: oscar test tells us the chance of the baby having down syndrome and not a definite yes or no. For example comparing 1:480(higher chance) and 1:4800(lower chance), but it doesn't mean high chance will sure get and low chance sure dun get. Sorry ah, i math tutor talk more mathematically. So you mention about this DNA test? Where to do? Cant we just go for this test straight instead?

Cheeseburger: your nick really made me wanna eat cheeseburger. The craving became so strong last night that i wanted to eat it for brunch today. But i know i'll be too lazy to walk to my nearest mac so my hubby said "let's go get it now" last night at 12.30am! my greedy hubby in the end not only got the cheeseburger, he also got a 6pc nuggets meal and a choc sundae to share! Eat till i bloated again haha. when we arrived home after eating, my hubby just happily fall asleep immediately and left me struggling to get to sleep because i can feel my body working super hard to digest the food. Only managed to sleep at 4am. I swear off late night suppers from now on.

Just to check with all mummies, are your tummies showing already? most of us should be 2 mths already right? I admit i wasnt the type with no tummy fats before getting preggy. But seems like my tummy is really bigger or is it really all the new built-up of fats?

Hi min, glad to hear good news from u!! U will continue with prof Wong till first trim rite? I m rotting on my sofa till neck ache.

I had cravings for cheeseburger since cheeseburger joined. Den got craving for spaghetti in tomato sauce. So will ask hubby to cook later. Yum yum.

I onli hav nausea feelings but still eat as per normal. Tink I m a natural glutton.

Xnurier, i think i'm ard 6wks++ but my tummy is also getting bigger esp when i wear dresses can see the lil bulge lor... and also like putting on weight like nobody biz
sad.gif
i dun eat that much but still getting fatter... a bit depressing
sad.gif

Hello!!

Spotting mommies: it is natural to see a bit of brown for a few days. Ur body is expelling the blood and this would take some time. As long as the blood is not red u don't have to worry too much. Rest as much as u can! This coming from me, who spotted for every single pregnancy. Sometimes standing too long puts pressure on ur cervix hence u might get some small capillary breaking. So be off ur feet as much as u can.

Kimbear, better be careful in Europe. Don't walk too much. Did u manage to see baby's heartbeat? Did doc say wheres the bleeding from?

Cheeseburger, I haven't had any! Haha I'm feeling extra nauseated this am but am controlling not to puke in office. Damn sian.

Carine, I recognize ur nick!! Was wondering why I seem to know u then realized we chatted a bit last time when I was ttc-ing back in 07-08. Hang in there! Is this ur first child?

Re: EDD
This will change according to the size of the baby. Actually scanning is an art. Hence ur edd would seem to be changing (plus minus a few days). Don't worry abt it too much. Not many ppl give birth on their EDDs.
happy.gif

Xruier, to test for fetal DNA to rule out genetic diseases has risk involved. U need to do chorionicentitis or amniocentesis. It involves inserting a needle into ur amniotic bag to get the cells. Theres a higher chance of miscarrying after such a procedure. That's why most will go for the OSCAR testing first. If needed then do those invasive tests. Btw those tests are not 100% accurate. I personally know of a mom who did amniocentitis and the baby was thought to have Downs. She decided to keep the baby and in the end when she gave birth, the baby was 100% normal.

Re: bump
Mine is def showing. After 2 kids, everything is sagging to my knees.
sad.gif

Kitkat,

Ya sorry MIA for a while cos of ms.. Started at 5 wks until now.. Enjoy all the food you can eat now!
happy.gif
I'm happy to just laze on bed.. Haha.. Hubby said lucky i quit already, if not, i'll be so stressed with work on my mind and feeling sick at the same time.. Yup will continue with Prof for 1st trimester.. After that will decide which gynae to switch to..

Zhuzhu, Xnruier,

Good that you gals are putting on weight.. Means you're eatingwell.. I've already lost about 2 kg but my doc says it's normal.. He says i'll probably complain about gaining weight too fast in 2nd trimester, so don't worry.. Haha..

Back