(2013/09) September 2013

just be careful when visiting cheap nail salons, i heard some cheap salons use fake OPI from china thats why they can offer you $5 nail services. Not good for normal ppl let alone pregnant ladies

Kiwi: I am hoping for a girl.. keke..

Yes, i also hope the CNY faster cum so that it can take away my MS... Feeling terrible these few days, esp at night aft dinner..
I am supposed to take the folic acid pills, and progesterone pills, but in the end i m too bloated, cant take in any at all.

My hubby say i "cao geng", dun wanna eat pills.. But i m procrastinating if i should keep the food in my tummy or keep the medicine. (Cos i can go release the awful feeling by throwing up, then wait awhile to take the medicine. But i think better to keep the food in there loh, at least better for baby)

What do u gals think?

Like my lunch awhile ago, i also feel terrible, so i went to throw up my bf before gg lunch.
So that i can at least finish up my lunch. (if later throw up again, at least it absorbed abit of it alr)

Whenever i m "suffering", my mind keeps thinking "all mummy zhen wei da". Its really not easy to endure thru during pregnancy period, and i really salute those who can have more than 1 kids.. Very brave, very noble, very respectable...
happy.gif

I have IPL appt for underarm too, and i checked with doc, she say its fine, but most IPL companies wouldnt do for pregnant ladies cos they afraid of implications.

These few days so xin ku until i nv put on makeup to work..
sad.gif

I told my mummy, she scold me.. say dun be a lazy woman.. Later my boss dun like the haggard look.. LOL...
But i realised i have been giving my boss (male) a "ai si buay si" look nowadays.. But its just naturally came out of my expression, not i purposely make lo.. Hope he can understand la..

Groovy>> Claud is right -- you can purchase the ovulation test strips from the SMH forum. Clearblue also has ovulation test kits, but these are alot more expensive. As for charting of the basal body temperature, you need a basal body thermometer which can be found in Guardian pharmacy. This thermometer measures up to 2 decimal places, as compared to our regular ones that measure up to 1 decimal place only. I don't chart my BBT so I don't know the exact process, but I understand that you have to diligetly take your temperature at the same time in the morning everyday, before you even get out of bed.

Actually, you don't have to have intercourse throughout your cycle in order to get pregnant. Only intercourse during your fertile period (typically maximum about 5 days per cycle) will get you pregnant. So even though you and your hubbie already cut down to once a month or once every 2 months, if this falls within your fertile period (which obviously it did!), and since both of you are so fertile (i.e. good sperm and egg, friendly cervical environment etc.), very easy to get pregnant!

As for cervical mucus, most of us will have some amount of it throughout the cycle. The difference is the appearance and texture of the mucus. Fertile mucus is egg white like, transparent and very stretchy. If you find that you have such fertile mucus throughout your cycle, then perhaps your cervical mucus does not provide a good indication of whether you're going to ovulate.

But don't worry so much. I'm sure you will be able to cope with 3 young kids. Like I said before, God will not give you what you cannot handle. Infact, I think God must really have wanted you and your hubbie to have this child!

hi gers! Haven posted since 2 weeks ago coz i am feeling really umcopmfortable!!

Groovy, to be honest i felt kinda miserable like you as this is my #3but i actually planned for it. Just that when the MS comes plus bloatedness plus nauseous for the last few weeks , it did made me have negative thoughts!I am thinking i reallY "itchy backside" my #1 already 5 and #2 coming 3.. so i still wanna make myself bz!! Sgh.. i could have an easier life sooner...i have been doing SAH and doing PT wrk for some time, was hoping to join back workforce soon but now... hmm.. think at least a few more years..
sad.gif
.. sometimes feel really miserable at home, uncomfortable and still have to take care of my 2 kids, send them to sch and so on..

But but... its still a blessing to be preg so easily, i have seen my fren who failed ivf 3 x and her only kid is my #1 age and she has given up hope for another one. So kinda poor thing too, she also suffered mc for 2 x. Its gonna be tough esp when your kids are young but at least you get over the difficult times together and enjoy much earlier than the rest of us.. I see my fren who have 3 kids consecutive years.. now 5,4,3.. its so much easier for them now! So cheer up.. we are in this together.. :D

Sharon/ Ann..
Same here.. my appetitie is crap.. feel nauseous all the time.. lost abt 1.5 kg already.. not that i am complaining on that.. my #1 i pile on 18 kg, #2 pile on 12 kg.. hopefully #3 last than 10 kg.

Tangerinz
Thanks for posting the chart. Its accurate for my #1 and #2, i did the same checks in the last pregnancy, so this time if accurate i shld be getting a girl!

Groovy,
Girls are good! Gers are much more manageable than boys!From my personal experience :D but dun think too much u never know... most impt healthy!
Honestly.. its great to have company... the kids can entertain each other when i dun feel like entertaining them... my only grouse is the high standard of living and .. gasps.. living with 6.9 million pp!!! Faintzzz..

Tao: I already told my boss the moment i knew i m pregnant.
Bcos i must let him know so that he will not plan my travel plans and he will know that i m not able to work as hard as previously..
Basically i told him: Boss i have 1 gd news & 1 bad news. Which one u wanna know 1st?
He choosed the bad news. Then i say: I will not be able to perform as efficiently and i will be going on series of intermitent leaves and MC for some time. And i will not be able to travel as much as before. *his raised his eyebrow & eyes big big look at me*
Then i say: the good news is i am pregnant!
Haha... so maybe u can try my pattern lo.. hehehehe

Sharon, LOL..

Anastasia, thanks for the info. That's the problem becoz the only thing that I can differentiate is the egg white mucus. That's why all my unplanned pregancy I suspect are girls
sad.gif
Becoz I know once get that egg white I won't do until the next 3 days... Huhu.. Hopefully it won't happen again
sad.gif

Dunno until when I should hide the pregnancy huhuhu becoz I already took 2 times maternity. I thinj my boss will be shocked.

Have given up fighting for promotion last year and this year need to give up again. Has been in the same co for almost 6 years but never gets promoted
sad.gif
. Feels quite sad

Will definitely wait first until I get my Bonus which I believe will be greatly affected by my maternity leave last year. I always wonder maternity leave vs new hire join in q1/q2 who gets more bonus. I believe it is the new hire

hi gals, haven't been online for around 1 week cos i was given 1 week's hospitalization leave (HL) for bed rest at home.

went for my 2nd appt last thurs. baby is growing well. can hear the heartbeat this time. beating super fast. i can even see the heart beating. it's amazing.

the gynae tried to scan other areas to check if everything is ok, then realised that i have some blood accumulation beside the sac. that could explain why i have brown discharge some time. it's not very serious so he gave me 1 week's HL to rest at home.

spent more than half hr catching up on the posts. i have similar symptons as most of you gals so i shall not comment on mine here.

anyway my 3rd appt is 19 feb. by then i will need to take OSCARS test. what is this test? am i spelling it correctly?

oh btw, i broke the news to my boss since i need to take 1 week's HL last thurs. luckily he is quite nice. he even asked me not to worry abt work when i offered to check emails on my bb.

Mummies, which hospital you all delivering in?

I delivered my 1st 2 in TMC. Not sure if I should switch to KKH since its lower in costs :p

Anyone delivered in KKH before? How is their service?

Sharon, I have not told my boss abt my pregnancy yet. Want to wait till first trimester over then will announce. But now dunno is it 心里作用? I feel my tummy protruding le :p At week 7 is it possible huh?

Ferendipity>> hope your spotting has stopped and that you're feeling much better. Your boss sounds very accommodating. Some bosses don't like it when someone in their team gets pregnant. Luckily for me, my boss is one of the understanding type. I hope she's like this for current pregnancy, which is my 3rd in the 6 years that I've been with this company.

The OSCAR test that you're going for at around wk12 is to test whether the baby is at high or low risk of having down syndrome. It consists of scanning and blood tests. Both tests must be interpreted together, but usually the scan result (which is available immediately) will be a fairly good indication.

Kiwi>> Are you sticking to the same gynae? Cos usually the choice of the hospital is determined by which gynae you choose. You dont wanna stick with your gynae for the earlier pregnancies? I'm staying with the same gynae, so will be at TMC.

sharon, the medication is more impt than the food now. i've shared previously that the baby doesnt require nutrients from mummy during 1st trimester. but folic acid is very important to prevent genetic defects (the baby doesn't absorb it but somehow the folic acid minimizes genetic defects).

progesterone pills also important - this is to support the pregnancy and prevent miscarriage.

i know MS is very xinku but pls pls do try to take these pills.

Anastasia, now I am seeing KKH under susidised patient. My gynae is a bit ex so dunno will switch back to him or not.

Me also KKH.. But my doc super ex leh.. 1st consultation is $150, plus scanning is ard $90, then medicine etc i think total abt 300 liao.. Apparently my good friend recommended me, and tell me that he is very very popular one.. Dr John Tee, anyone heard b4? So i think i m paying for premium in govt hosp lo.. *sob sob*

Tangerinz: Ok, i will take note on that, and guai guai take medication on time.
happy.gif

Kiwi: My tummy also protruding out.. haha, think is cos b4 pregnant alr got "xiao du nan", then now can illegally "let out", no need to suck tummy in alr.. Wahahahaha...

Ferendipity: Aiyo 1 week HL ar.. Hope u r feeling better! Jia you, we cross this difficult time tgt ok?

Btw, for 1st time mummies, what are u intending to buy at this stage? I wanna set aside a list of items that my close friends or relatives can sponsor me aft giving birth.. So for experienced mummies, what u think should i invest on? Or save aside for? I am really an inexperienced mum..
sad.gif

thanks gals, i'm feeling better. not too sure about the blood condition now. hopefully during the next appt, there is no more blood.

just had a long talk with my boss since today is my 1st day back at work. he is super nice. shared with me a lot of info and also his experience. he is super aunty, even go down into details like asking me to sleep on my side, buy glass bottles instead of plastic bottles etc... he is also very kind to offer to reschedule my work if i'm too tired, or even work from home... hahaah...

Is it true all older siblings will get extremely naughty if they sense another baby coming along?

My #1 10 months old has been super naughty ever since my first gynae visit. Super testing my patience and he is specially naughty when with me but not as naughty when with others.

tangerinez mine too! she was her infant care teachers' pet cos she is very independent. but after i found out on my pregnancy, her behaviour changed mildly. want things her way. dont know if its cos she just turned one?

Kiwi,
I delivered #1 at TMC and #2 at Mt A both by the same gynae. I will go for Mt A this time round because MT A rooms ere bigger and services are better. And parking is also easier.

For kkh, will you be going private suites? if private suites you will have the same gynae following you thru but I heard price not much different from private. But if you are going thru subsidized rate, you might have different gynaes thruout during the checkup. If you are comfortable with it then no prob. Who was your last gynae? My gynae is pretty affordable. He starts package on the 1st visit and his package is less than $600 for the whole pregnancy of coz excluding detailed scan and Oscar test. If you are staying at sk or cck area you may wanna consider him. But he is quite brief not those that will spend long time to talk to you though. Some mummies dun like .. i was a bit shocked during my 1st pregnancy too.

One thing i can vouch for him is he has good stitching skills! I can walk almost immediately after I deliver via natural... The wound doesn't hurt n heal nicely on both occasions.

Tangerinz..

My #2 also say he doesn't want me .. Sob.. He rather the grandfather bring him n the sister to sch
sad.gif

my ms is killing me again ... went to the GP cuz all the current vomit med i have failed me ... i vomited 5x from within 2 hours ... =(

this preg is really not an easy one ... seems to be worse than my last one ...

i feel like dying every day =(

Oh dear mirai hang in there! I just had gastric cramps from 7+ until 10+ , by right got eat won't cramp don't know why like that suddenly, I'm feeling better now. Please take care

Haiz, my #1 had been busy throwing tantrums since I conceived... Now better at home but a terror in school... i get complaints both from teacher and principal a few times a week. So stressed out man.

Kkh subsidized, need referral letter from polyclinic. The serviceis ok. After having #1 and now #2, l feel the need to save $$.

Yay... Will do facial to pamper myself!

Those with bad MS.... Jiayou! Hope over soon. Try different drugs. The last one I took maxalon didn't always work. Heard zofran or phernagern can be alternatives, but must be prescribed by doctor.

I feel so lucky only to have mild MS this time...

Sharon, I got referral letter from polyclinic to be susidised patient at KKH.

Ya. Susidised patient cannot choose gynae. Whichever gynae on duty will attend to us on the appointment date.

I still prefer my pte gynae during my last 2 pregnancies of cos. Not sure if I will switch to him during 2nd trimester.

Agree with superwoman, now with 2 kids to support, must be careful with spending xp

@ Sharon, as a mummy of 2, I felt a good breast pump is the most worth investing in.

I would recommend Ameda electric dual pump
happy.gif

As my this pregnancy is not planned and I have always wanted to stop at 2, I have given all the babies stuff and maternity wear away liao.

Now got to get back everything again
sad.gif

Thanx candy ... Just hope wk 10 will be better ... I dun wun to be lying in bed whole day during Cny ... =(

I am going facial today. A bit hesitating,because my package comes with those machines which I do not know if it is safe. Keep my finger cross.

Hope wk 10 will really be good. Starting wk 10 tomorrow. From yesterday night till now, keep having nausea feeling. Like having something stuck around throat away but did managed to keep it down till now. Think I better throw up before going facial or else, it doesn't look good throwing up during facial.

Hi Ferendipity, hope all goes well for you. Thanks for the excel. Didn't know that there is so much to be prepared. Have not start asking around for anything. After first trimester need to start asking around if anybody willing to pass down items to me. Haha. If not gonna buy all.

Jia you to everyone!

I used to love weekends cos I can sleep until 11+ 12 but nowadays my body auto wake up. I find it strange.

Wow a few of you are at week 10 already! I'm only at my 7th week.

Kiwi - may I know how much cheaper is it at kkh?

Kiwi, my tummy also protruding out. Even my colleagues also realize that I'm pregnant. Cos I was feeling my tummy as I feel cramps. So one and two colleagues knows that, which means the whole department will know soon..

I also went facial, but didn't use machines and should massage, just use padding to penetrate the ampoules into my skin. But be sure to check ur skin are products with ur beautician. For me, some of my skin are is not recommended to use during pregnancy cos it has peeling effect.

Just to ask, is it safe to go traveling after first trimester? I just won a 3D2N resort stay in Thailand.

Wow Tracy, congrats to you. Yup, 2nd trimester is safe for traveling. I'm thinking of short trip too.
happy.gif

Kiwi, your gynae visit is cheap. My first visit cost me $300+, hope 2nd visit will be less cheaper.

I can't sleep on my side, tummy feel uncomfortable even with small pillow beneath. Been sleeping on my back.

Dead tired during weekends. Preggy, but still need to carry my#2 everywhere, she is about 7.8 kg now. Simply becoz sat gone out meet friends so don't bring maid. Today gone for my hubby friend's baby baptism + full mth. Same thing. Didn't really took cab becoz don't want to waste money. Only took cab to go to mass becoz otherwise will be late. But for both trip need to go by bus. And usual arrangement I carry baby, hubby bring stroller and our big bags. If needed I will also bring my #1 up through the bus stairs. Now I whole body ache.

I think when baby is born or maybe one more mth cannot go by bus anymore. So sad. Sometimes really feel taxi getting so expensive and so difficult to find.

Feels really gloomy. Why God gives me this test. After my #2 is born I already complain I have no rest in being a mother which cost health problem for me. I keep breastfeeding and had no rest at all until I get pregnant again. And now I repeat the same cycle again.

I think when I am old I might have calcium deficiency issue becoz of these
sad.gif

But sure all carrying heavy things etc I believe won't cause any issue to the baby. Baby is really safe in my tummy. Before I know pregnant I even carry my 11 year old for quite a distance. All those carrying I think will only cause back pain for me.

My hubby is small built. That's why our bag already about 10 kgs, plus stroller 7 kgs, he can't seem to be able to carry my elder one anymore. He tried before but looks a bit scary.

He wanted to carry both my baby and the bags but usuAlly when he does that then my elder one asked me to carry her. I'd rather carry the younger one becoz lighter and sometimes she will cry for milk so I can breastfeed her immediately. So far I haven't supplement with fm at all. Maybe will try next week

Today I told my hubby to do weigh training hahah he must be able to carry 11 kg elder one, 7 kg stroller, 10 kg bags up the stairs to cross the street. I was just joking lah. Dunno if he took it seriously. But he has never do any weigh training lor! Very skinny no muscles

Groovy, are u using a baby carrier? A good one would help. Easier on your arms and back. Plus some can also carry and breastfeed at the same time.
How about getting a lighter stroller? I was using a 12kg stroller but this weekend we went to buy a 5kg stroller instead. Easier for both your hubby and yourself to use. So when take cab you use the heavy stroller when take bus you use the lighter stroller.
Baby hypermart has sale now. Some strollers (good European brands) are only going for less than $200 (but cannot fully recline)

Morning! What a gloomy monday. Groovy, you still bf your #2? That is real hard work. Can try formula actually... My boy hated expressed bm, but loves his gain IQ for kids 1+, smells like vanilla. Can even mix bm with formula in case they cannot get used to it.

Just want to ask mummies when did you start eating obimin vitamins? My sister claims that my gynae must have forgotten to prescribe as can start in 1st trim..

Been going with almost no meat for 3 weeks now. Did any mummies have meat aversion? How long does this last? I can't even stand the thought of eating my fav bak kwa, which is sad. Even the fish yesterday that tasted like chicken turned me off... Almost becoming vegeterian.

i dun take obimin, heard obimin is quite strong and can cause MS. my gynae will prescribe multi-vit from 2nd trimester. according to her 1st trimester only need folic acid. optional is calcium. the rest no need.

i am a pork lover but i also had meat aversion with #1. lasted till MS is gone, around week 14 or 15.

I also stop eating pork and fish. Sometimes when it comes to meals, I dont know what to eat.

Groovy take care of your back, it is not easy cos 1st trimester very tiring.

does any mummies here experience drowsiness from utrogestan? I know it causes drowsiness, so i take before i sleep. I really feel very drowsy and knocked out from the effect. Experienced it last night.

** stepping into my 8th week this week **

Anyone going to the baby care festival 22-24 Feb at expo? I guess its probably too early to start shopping, my experienced mummy friends advise buying stuffs at 6-7 months onwards.

I think for a lot of us, once we know the gender we can start buying!! hehehe I wish the predictor is accurate at least I know what color to paint the baby room.

Tangerinez same here, my gynae did not ask me to take any vitamins except folic acid. Only for the first few weeks he prescribed me some progesterone pills.

Btw not superwoman processed meat is actually not advisable to consume while pregnant, so take it as a blessing you are having aversions to your fave bak kwa. ;p

Has anybody say sayonara to MS yet? will it happen after 12 weeks? I am keeping fingers crossed so tight that mine will go away sooner.

Back