(2013/09) September 2013

I tested 2 weeks ago but getting negative result. But last sunday I get morning sickness and check my upper tummy can't be tucked in already
sad.gif
Very upset but now I am sort of accepting fate already. Now I report to my manager some more becoz my supervisor left the company last year. So I guess I can't take so many mc too.

I am only 28 this year august and will be having 3 kids!! I cannot imagine if I keep having unplanned pregnancy by the time I cannot give birth anymore I might have lots of kids
sad.gif
sad.gif
Feels so upset the only thing my husband only said then no more HS until we want kid again. Even though I told him to use condom. Or maybe next time I will buy contraceptive pill without him knowing and let me have sin instead
sad.gif

I believe once the baby is in my tummy the risk of miscarriage is very very low. I never has spotting at all during all my pregnancy thx to the big buttock of mine I think baby is very safe.

Very feel pitiful to my 2nd one as she is still on tbf and she can latch well.

Oh yes, my nipples started to feel slight sore alr too... Wow, its so amazing that our symptoms are "progressing" together!! Haha..

Recently, my MS is getting from bad to worst. Initially was only feeling bloated, and lotsa burping of wind out, but still controlling not to throw out food.
But now the feeling is so intense that if i keep controlling not to throw up, i feel awful. So i jus go to toilet & throw up, and i feel better liao.. Haiz... Breakfast, lunch, dinner all like that.. super sian lo!!

We do not have any car, my husband only 30 this year. We will soon have a problem in going out especially when going to church since my maid is not catholic. Sometimes taxi are very difficult to find. We used to take bus from church, I carry my #2 and my husband with stroller and #1. Huhu..

Dunno why is this happening to us. People want to have kids but cannot but me don't want kids but always have

Groovy, omg pls dun feel depressed la.. Children are gifts from god ma..

Must feel blessed that next time u can retire early.. Me too, turning 28 this Aug.. But this is my 1st pregnancy.. U hor mia loh... Got 3 alr...
How i wish now i can turn back the clock & faster give birth, cos my hubby not young alr.. Then we must slog until very old then can retire..
sad.gif

Don't give up, must stay cheerful ya!!

Sharon, I'm having the first pregnancy now at age 32. Also a bit regret not having one earlier but I had too much commitment before that so drag until now. Now I understand having a baby after age 30 is terrible. My back aches and I got cramps frequently. Though I don't have MS, but after I've eaten, I feel nausea and I need to eat so that I don't feel nausea. If I don't eat, gastric will attack.

Last confinement is like hell for me. My mom came, goes shopping all the time, in the end caught flu and cannot help to take care of baby. She is only here for 2.5 weeks
I don't allow my maid to handle baby becoz newborn baby is so fragile.
My elder one has not entered childcare. Everytime I am going to catch some sleep my mum brought her to me becoz she wants to sleep with me. But sleep with me meaning I cannot sleep as in the end she cannot sleep too. My husband works only take 3 days paternity meaning when I reach home from hospital he only has 2 days left as I only stay 1 day in hospital becoz want to save $$

After I give birth to my #2, I keep getting flu every month. I blame my worst confinement is the cause of that.

And now I have no rest from pregnancy breastfeeding pregnancy breastfeeding pregnancy. My friend told me it might be the cause of my health problem becoz I total breastfeed all my babies until preggy again and again

Hi Groovy,

I can understand how you feel. This is my 3rd pregnancy too. I feel very lost and depressed when i knew about my pregnancy too cos we always wanted to stop at 2 and never never tot of having number 3. But as time goes by, i slowly accept the fact and decide to move on with my pregnancy.

Children are blessings. Embrace it
happy.gif

Sharon, retire early if not having unplanned again lor!! I cannot imagine hehe.

But I really feel this is fate already. God give kids to us to take care becoz He knew we can handle. Hopefully everything will go well.

The most upsetting is my 8mth old baby cannot get total millk even though this time I plan to breastfeed her until she wean herself which I don't know when, I was very prepared to breastfeed until she is 3 years old hux

Kiwi28: I don't understand the link leh..

(Highs and Lows

This one you can do just by looking south: if you're carrying high, break out the pink. If your bump is low, you're carrying a boy.)

U mean look at south if the tummy is high, then is gal gal, if tummy is low then is boy boy?

Tracy: Aiyo, i rather trade in back aches + cramps for MS loh.. Can u imagine throwing up all u ate 10 mins ago.. then somemore in the office, even if throw up, also dun dare to make too much noise lo.. Its a super torture for me lo!

Groovy: Actually i have zero experience or knows nothing abt breastfeeding. So can i ask, y u wanna BF ur #2 until 3 yrs old leh? I thought by then he/she can alr feed on porridge or soft food liao..

Sharon - i think its because of all the benefits of breast milk for the baby. Their immunity will be stronger and for the mummy wise, the uterus can contract back faster, can regain pre pregnancy weight and figure faster (case to case basis) and also it saves a lot of money on milk powder. (1.8kg around $60)

Groovy - congrats on your 3rd baby. It is indeed a blessing from god. Too early to guess gender. It might be a baby boy for all you know. *fingers crossed* I have many friends around me who have been trying for many years but no results. There are other ladies who want kids but the pregnancy was short lived. We must rejoice in the fact we are blessed. I pray hard all of us in this chat can go through the 9-10 months together and emerge as proud mummies of little feets in September!

It is not easy but we have support from each other we can make it! Stay Healthy ladies!!! *hugs*

ermmm the results says its a boy...

But yesterday tangerine's posting on ramzi gender prediction theory, my result is a girl leh... LOL!!

Which one to trust sia?...

For Non-1st time mummies, do u request back from hospital & consume your placenta aft giving birth? Ever heard of the Pros/Cons of doing so?

hahaha we will know 3 months later!

i have another predictor, so far also very accurate (tested with my April mummies), if anyone interested then i post it up.

sharon, my hubby did ask for the placenta (i dunno what was in his mind) and the hospital pass it to us in a red plastic bag YIKES

then at night we didnt know what to do with it my husband bring to the toilet to throw away. wahahaha

Tangerinez: Interested!! Pls post!!

LOL... So wasteful, throw away ar!!!
I read online they say can cook & eat it leh.. Ermm, as i am typing this, i felt a gush of air coming out my mouth & burping.. *disgusted*

Hi, I'm 5w5d now, still no morning sickness. Feeling super hungry these days and need to eat every 2hours or so?! And very tired too. Don't think I've felt this tired in my entire life. End up sleeping 1-2 hours earlier every night and can't keep awake in the afternoons. And since early week, I'm experiencing cramps on and off and random aches. And so worried about spotting that i use pantyliner 24/7 but thankfully all clear so far. Another 8 more days to my gynae visit, eagerly counting down with whatever energy I have left.

Viiv: Me also feeling very tired, esp aft lunch.. Feel like taking a nap.. hehehe..

But i can't get good sleep in the night. Like i will wake up at ard 2+ or 3am to pee, then can't get back to good slp again. Just feel that my tummy portion very uncomfortable. Its been like this since the 1st day i know i am pregnant. (19-jan) I hope this wil not continue for the next 9 mths+...
Cos the most torturous thing i felt for this pregnancy is that i cant eat or sleep well. (I m a super glutton + deep sleeper, aka pig my hubby call me)

So i hope i can eat & sleep well loh~

Tangerine - post post post!!! haha different predictor gives me different results too. Aiyo throw away so wasted, I am thinking of getting it cooked with herbs then grind into powder and take as supplements. I read online for instructions before.

Viiv - no ms is good (touch wood), I am always hungry and sleepy too. Keep snacking but selectively. Likes potato chips more than chocolate. Nowadays I fall asleep at night before 12, sometimes 10plus i am zzz-ing away already. Then I will wake up 2-3 times halfway to pee. It is so tiring. I cant wait for weekends to come soon!!

Sharon, just love it so much becoz she can latch well. I love the bonding when she latch...

Last time my #1 managed total until 12 mth old. She latch only 4 mths then after that reject once I go back to work so I total pump. But pumping very short lived as I preggy again when she is 12 mth old, supply immediately reduced by 1/3, then 1/2, and I still pumping until she is 15 mth old, usually 4 times a day until she is 12 mth old, then 3 times, the. 2 times, then 1 time.. From 800 ml reduced become 600, 400, 200, 100 last time.

Now when I pump in office (1 time only)I can only produce only 160ml. Decreased from last time 220 ml Before pregnancy. So upset. I think soon will decreased half already, then Soon will be gone. Hux hux.. Poor baby #2. I feel like a bad mummy. My #2 priviledge as the youngest and pampered kid will be gone soon

Yup I get up 2-3 times a night (while before pregnancy I sleep throughout!) but strangely no urge to pee, usually get up due to some cramp/ache somewhere and then check the time and quickly fall back asleep.

Checked with my friend, she had extreme tiredness for around two months! Oh dear.

Its 4 plus now, hang in there. Time to knock off soon!

I'm craving soupy dishes nowadays, eg kway teow soup, fish soup, soba etc. Snack-wise I will take fruits eg apple, banana, cherry tomato, or yogurt. But on the whole, I prefer salty food to sweet food these days.

Hi all *waves* I'm into my 9th week and this will b my #2. I think I'm the oldest MTB here ..turning 42 this year & having a bb again...OMG! I just hope to have a smooth pregnancy & delivery. Same to everyone too!
happy.gif

gender predictor

8084821.jpg

take the chinese age when you conceive the baby, and the english month when you conceive the baby to find the gender.

for example, most of our babies are conceived in Dec 2012. at that time my chinese age is 33. then it's a girl.

this has proved accurate for ALL my personal friends (not a lot, maybe just 7 or 8), and mostly accurate for my online mummy friends.

Kiwi2, thanks! Let's jiayou together with 3 kids.

Mine will all be small babies. I don't know how to handle later. Even now both kids started to fight for toys already. My elder one is quite okay now can bit by bit understand. I cannot imagine my #2 later will only be 15 mth old when baby is born... Some more at night my husband and I have no help since my maid is not sleeping with our kids. Huhu.. But we also want her to have a good sleep so she can take
Care of our kids well during day time..

Poor #2 I think at 18 mth old will need to enter childcare already hux.

groovy, dun despair. im not catholic but i'm sure your God will provide for you when the time comes.

my #1 is currently 10 months old. i have helper but baby also sleep with us and wakes up multiple times at night. but hubby and i made the conscious decision to try for #2 when #1 is still young. xinku once and for all when we still have energy (and i am much older than you!)

things will work out on its own. have faith and enjoy the pregnancy. don't you miss the little one kicking inside your tummy, and cradling a newborn, and breastfeeding #3 again? hee...

Any 2nd time mummy here experiencing water leaking at this time? ... I felt a sudden gush of clear water coming out n my panty is wet now ... Nv had that with my #1

Yesterday went for my first gynae visit and i alreadly discuss my ligation with the doc. Very scared to get preggie with #4. Cos I not young anymore.

But doc told me ligation can only do 6 weeks after delivery. And chance of getting preggie is 1 in 200. Guess there are no 100 percent method.

Groovy>> Both hubbie and I are also Catholics and we also practice NFP. We've been married for more than 7 years and so far, no accidents. All my pregnancies are planned. I'm expecting #3 now.

The success of NFP depends largely on your monitoring of your cervical mucus. Unfortunately, when you're breastfeeding, the lack of mucus is NOT a good indication that you're not in your fertile period. Do you use other forms of fertility charting? For instance, measuring your basal body temperature and using ovulation test strips?

You and your hubbie are very blessed to be able to conceive so easily. There are numerous women who try all methods and are still unable to conceive. Perhaps after you deliver #3 you should consider charting your basal body temperature, using ovulation test strips and monitoring cervical mucus altogether - I think a combination of methods will be more helpful in preventing pregnancy.

One priest that I know actually advised 2 of his parishioners (husband and wife) to use condoms because they enjoyed making love so much and always ended up having unplanned pregnancies (I think theirs was something like 5 pregnancies already).

Every baby is a blessing from God and you cannot imagine how envious some other women would be of you. Enjoy your pregnancy and keep a cheerful mind knowing that God will not give you something that you cannot handle!

mirai_ check in at gynae right away.

how does gender prediction work for twin or multiple pregnancies?! lol

Groovy>> Perhaps you may wanna send your #1 to Childcare soon? She's already 28 mths old and in my opinion, of a good age to go childcare and socialize with her peers. I'm sure she will enjoy school, although there will be some adjusting (I.e. crying) in the beginning.

I sent my #1 to Childcare at 18mths old. Prior to that, he was taken care full time by my helper. I decided to send him at that age because I felt that it was not beneficial for him to stay home with my helper for too long a time - lack of exposure and stimulation. Also, I was expecting my #2 and I wanted my #1 to have a couple of months to get used to Childcare before his little sister was born. So off he went to Childcare at 18mths old, and his little sister was born about 4 mths later.

My #2 will be 18 mths old in about 1 mth's time. Similarly, she will be starting childcare.

I'm turning 31 this year and only having #1, and I'm envious of all you mummies having no 2 or 3! Most of my friends do not have kids yet and once we started trying, realised that it isn't that easy to conceive. So sort of regretted putting off plans to start a family earlier.

Hi Groovy,
Don't worry! Kids are a joy (even naughty ones) and always look long term. They are lucky to be able to grow up together, and have each other, even when parents are already old/gone. Imagine a single child, lonely after school, nobody to confide secrets with at home, and all alone supporting aged parent. At least you have a maid to help you. There is always childcare too. Just think of it as mummy working extra extra hard in the early years, to earn payoff in your golden year. (they will give you money right? Hehehe)

I just got back from my KKH appt, as a subsidised patient. Service is very good. Doctors are young but at least they are the reassuring type. Waiting was slightly long due to scanningand blood test, but overall still a positive experience.

Realise baby in tummy already looks cute at 9+ weeks... Looks like it was waving and eating fingers! Haiz... But lost 1 kg due to MS already... The nurses also say... Wah, so slim... Better drink more milk!!

tangerine, thanks! Huhu ya lor. Now my 8 mth old is not sleeping at all until 12 midnight or 1 AM!! Most likely it's becoz of the change taste of milk during this pregnancy
sad.gif
. Because she started to be like this only recently... I woke her up at around 6.45 AM to latch before I pump then I go to work..

Anastasia, my #1 is in childcare already. Last time she is 23 mth old then I enroll her. Just before I went back office. But in the end she is sick just 3 weeks after I enroll her, until hospitalized. Therefore I enroll her at first twice a week, thrice a week, and now she has started enjoying school so we enroll her four time a week..

Anastasia, Where can I get the ovulation test strip? Is it in guardian? For the basal body temperature how to check? Got the special thermometer is it?

Huhu this time we even only make love sometimes once every 2 months, once every month but then it's still happening again!
It's very difficult for me because I think I am super fertile! I even only have 1 month break without mens even though my baby is total breastfeed. The same thing happens with my #1..
I always check my cervical mucus and I think I have the mucus almost everyday! Like that how. That means I cannot HS at all
sad.gif
.. Some more I think hubby's army really can stay very long in my big and warm buttock, causing all girls baby. Arrghhh!!

Btw, just went for my gynea checkup, estimatedly baby is 6 weeks old! Therefore there is still a chance for a boy I guess. But then I might be disappointed later huhuhu..

Thanks mummies for all encouragement. Hopefully we can handle 3 kids under 3..

Hello to all who have just join.

Hi Groovy, try to think positive and may bb #3 be a boy for you.
happy.gif

Wow, seems like almost everyone have heard their bb heartbeat during 1st visit to gynae. I did not managed to hear my bb heartbeat
sad.gif

Think my bb very shy. Tested 3 times on urine test kit then shows positive in wk 6. (Even clear blue which a lot of ppl tell me very accurate did not detect)

Looking forward to my MS/NS to go away. Always feel hungry, but when eat a bit, nausea or simply throw up. Am hungry but simply can't take food. Keep drinking milo and making my throat sore... Too Heaty, can't take milk or Ribena now. Am trying fruit juice
sad.gif
having backache as well . Anyone having issue standing straight? Now in wk 9, since wk 7 have been sloughing.. Back is super aching. Longing for massage.

Hope what Claud says will be true. All MS/NS be gone on CNY eve, then I can finally get some proper food.

Envy all who could sleep early. I'm super tired but can't sleep at night..
sad.gif
4-5am will wake up pee too.. Think only slept 5-6hrs a day. Always sleepy at noon. Looking forward to wkend so I can nap in noon.
happy.gif

Haha, the bb prediction give me diff result. I hope it will be a boy.
happy.gif

Groovy... You can get the ovolution test strip in motherhood forum - bulk purchase thread. There is this seller - BBMeagan I think... It's much cheaper to get here than off the shelves in stores!

Yes yes... New year eve if just 8 more days to go!
happy.gif

I also wake up at 4 nowadays!! Even though my #2 only sleeps at 12 or 1 am. U are still blessed with 5-6 hours sleeping. Huhu... Total I sleep 4-6 hours only everyday....

Harlow, I also keep waking up and then can't get back to sleep.Such a sianz feeling right. I heard MS will ease up between week 10-12 for most pple. Jiayou!

Does anyone know if it is safe for preggy to go for facial? Feel like beautifying myself before CNY

Not Superwoman... its safe to go for facial. But you need to let them know in advance, and remind them before facial... so they dont use any machine on you.

Hello not superwoman, I went for facial yesterday. It is safe as long as no electromagnetic tools were to get in contact of your face and they will skip the neck and shoulder rub (sadly) if u r in first trimester.
Vivv, I am going for pedicure for CNY not sure bout gelish tho. I am reading the book what to expect when you are expecting and my gynae told me his wife also read it when she was prego. Inside the author gives advices on pedicure and it's ok as long as its well ventilated and use trusted products like OPI. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

IPL on Brazilian area to be avoided, Brazilian waxing up to individual. IPL on armpits n legs n face is Alright but please check if they are comfortable n experienced?

Manicure n pedicures are fine, just don't inhale too much acetone n the acrylic nail powder n solutions. Not very good. Stay away from paint smell as well.

Back