(2013/09) September 2013

Clarise, yes...coz' for the velcro type i scare it will wear off the longe we use. For the pocket insert type, I should be getting a few from my supplier to try loh.

Hi mummies to be, I'd like to sell 99% good condition baby cot including mattress, bed cover, teething cover and other accessories at $99 only. 
 I am staying in Jurong west and can contact me at 91834477. 
It's quite new n my baby seldom used it. 
The baby cot can be changed to three different height. 
Thanks. 
P:s/ the cot still look likes brand new.it's in white color.

Shall we have our tea at Laduree??
happy.gif

Hi mummies to be, I'd like to sell 99% good condition baby cot including mattress, bed cover, teething cover and other accessories at $99 only. 
 I am staying in Jurong west and can contact me at 91834477. 
It's quite new n my baby seldom used it. 
The baby cot can be changed to three different height. 
Thanks. 
P:s/ the cot still look likes brand new.it's in white color.

Morning ladies, hope you gals enjoy ur PH!
happy.gif
Ytd was out almost the whole day celebrating my younger gal's birthday, thats why didnt have time to log in.
happy.gif

Clarise, oh so sad...i was still thinking we can go there & try out the macarons. Wonder are they really that nice as most ppl describe.
Hmm...is there any Bakerzin at Taka?

Hi all,

Been some time since I last checked the thread and see that it has moved so fast!
happy.gif
Great to know you girls are planning a meetup. Do share time and place when decided. I will join if time permits.

Some updates about my pregnancy.
- Currently at 19 weeks and my last scan by gynae at 16 weeks say likely boy(2nd boy if confirm
happy.gif
). My detailed scan is next Fri(10-may) at TMC. So looking forward to it!
- lately have been having some cramps on off and also rather tired on some days and backache. Thought 2nd trimester should be the most energetic time! Vaguely scanned the thread some mummies also having such symptoms. how do you girls overcome that?
- Signed up with PEM for confinement lady for convenience and assurance of CL though there are quite mixed reviews on them. Also took up their herbs package. Now contemplating whether to also take up their massage package...one stop! anyone tried their whole suite of services b4?

2 days to weekend :D

Ya msblur.. also wanted so much to go try. Looks like can only tabao bring home and eat.

Hope everyone had a good labour day
happy.gif
I kinda "wasted" it by sleeping from 2-8pm. Lol

I'm setting a tentive timing for this Saturday 11 may.
Is 2.30pm okay for you mummies?
As for the venue, there's tcc, twg, marmalade pantry at ion. There's Paris baguette at Wisma but I don't really like the place, quite "messy" lol. There's piqué Nique at taka, they also have nice macarons Hee.

I'm currently in 21 weeks and appetite shrinking already
sad.gif
I can't eat much at one setting so I'm eating many small meals a day, sigh. It's quite troublesome. If I eat a normal size meal, I'd feel super sick. And then there's this horrible taste in the mouth.. Anyone has any idea how to get rid of it? Makes me really sick. And I'm beginning to have this bloody taste in my mouth sometimes, and indeed my gums bled last night. Time for a trip to the dentist but what would the dentist do?

Just wanna share that I have a staycation booked at W hotel this month end! It's for our 4th anniversary, at the same time last "holiday" before 2nd Tri is over? Hope we all have a good third Tri as well..

Clarise, yes can juz do tabao loh.
sad.gif
Maybe if we are meeting up at Taka or Ion, we can just pop by to tabao on the way hm? Hmm...im ok with TCC or TWG. I seldom step in town actually, so dun really know where all these places are or wat they are selling. Im ok with the timing too.
happy.gif
Lets see who else can join.

brandsfever is having sale on Beco baby carrier. The price becomes $145 after shipping cost.

I once bought Ergo baby carrier from them too. It's real & legit. Last time they are under voucherwow but now they have their own website.

Just now I bought Beco baby carrier. So I will have ergo and beco hehe. Last time my Ergo is under 60% discount so it's only $99.. But I believe I won't get that price anymore so it's better to buy Beco when it has discount..

Clarise - sorry were u the one keen to get my extra cloth diaper inserts? Hehe

Eino and Weiwei - I feel spanx doesn't really help to bind the tummy, more like hide the problem so I use mainly when I go out ESP during dinners cos it's vpl free. And also at night when I need to make sure the binder doesn't fall apart. I nearly bought shrinkx but changed my mind last min as my waist and hips have a very big difference so I was afraid that the shrinkx will not stay in place. I bought the postpartum shape wear by a pigeon's brand, INujirushi at maternity exchange (later found out taka is cheaper but I was really desperate) and I quite like it cos it's high waist and there are hooks at the hip level so I will put them to the tightest every night before I zzz. It tend to slip down a bit (at least much lesser than my spanx) so this time I am looking at the wink ones which has the shoulder strap. There is one seller in the bp and also another one who sometimes has a bp in the forum too. I am fishing ard for promo first cos dont need it so soon anyway and hopefully cos it's made of medical grade fabric so should be able to give better compression although I like my pigeon one too but I wanna have an extra set to rotate

Groovy2009, how does this Beco baby carrier looks like? And is it nice to use? Coz' im still thinking whether to get a Baby bjoin. The price is getting very ex nw & there are so many types. I only have a sling nw passed down from my sis's fren. My fren said she will pass me a carrier but i haven seen it yet, so nt sure what type is hers.

Msblur- dont ever get a bjorn. Useless. Give u backache n all the weight falls only on baby's crotch. Poor baby.

Recommend manduca. Ergo is also smth like manduca. Ergonomic n good.

msblur,

I think I saw the manduca on qoo10; you can compare prices! I've got a friend who recommended the manduca over the baby bjorn, but what to do, I already have the baby bjorn.

What I found was that the baby bjorn killed my back when baby got really heavy. Another is that if you put the baby facing front, the posture is unnatural for his spine. So I'm planning to put baby on my babynari hiphugger after he can sit up straight, more flexi for him to turn around and see things. The hiphugger by far was the best investment I made, cos used til my daughter is almost 2. Now we just tell her, "no carry, no pram. walk so that your legs can become strong and then we'll buy you a bike" :p that worked.

Think I'm pretty firm to get the wink shapewear, tho I'll probably get the bikini instead. Dunno how hot it will get!

I'll try to make it on 11May but depends on whether hubby can look after #1 or not. high tea sounds lovely, wherever it is!

weiwei, oh ok...will go take a look in Qoo10 later. Hubby actually said to buy stroller enuff. But then told him i need a carrier too loh, sometimes just go downstairs or nearby i can just use carrier. I've nv use stroller for my 2 elder gals. Only use the sarong sling, and when they got bigger i bought the buggy.

Manduca is good ... its one of my most used item .. prefer that to stroller cuz when go out alone hard to carry baby n stroller up the bus .. or in shopping centers ... kinda of dangerous to use stroller on escalators .. n the lifts r oways crowded with ppl who throw u dirty looks since u take up the majority of the spaces in the lift ...

Manduca carrier doesn't have forward facing which im totally fine cuz I personally feel that front facing quite bad for baby's back .. if theres a bp do get from the bp cuz buying from sg quite expensive ... I got mine for abt 200+

Tea Session - 11th May, Sat @ 2.30pm
Venue: To be confirmed

1. Clarise
2. msblur
3. ferendipity

Anyone else keen to meet up pls add ur name to the list.
happy.gif

I heard don't ever get babyBjorn too!

I have Ergo baby carrier. It was very very good. The straps are easily adjustable, so it's good you can latch even inside the carrier. You can see youtube got someone video how to latch using ergo and it was the easiest compare to beco and the rest.

Ergo is also very easily to be used. It opens in front and once you put baby inside can easily strap it.

Even I can use it to carry my #1 which is 2 years old and 11 kg.

It won't feel that heavy using ergo baby carrier.

I heard manduca is the most similar to ergo and the good thing for manduca the material is not as thick as Ergo and it can be used from newborn..

But manduca price is so expensive. hehe.. Btw but the bp that you mentioned quite cheap lor.. But I always wonder if buy from Qoo10 or SMH forum, we do not know if it was the real and legitimate one or the fake one.
Quite a lot of fake Ergo in the market. Not sure about Manduca/Beco..
Especially Qoo10 is the worst! Even I bought training pants got the fake one too!! I bought some good quality one, then see someone post cheaper price and bought that in the end it was the fake one. very thin material.

I'd rather buy from brandsfever because I am more convinced as I bought a real Ergo there before..

I even still use Ergo to carry my #2 sometimes if no choice huhu.. my #2 now is about 8 kg..
But surely I will still use my hand to support so it won't strain my tummy so much..

I am in love with Ergo but with the original price of $249 I don't think I'll buy new one..

My friend has Beco and from them they still say baby still feels heavy using Beco. And some does not use it for a long time because she said her baby is so tall then she has difficulties if carrying using Beco.
But I saw some internet reviews comparing Beco to Ergo some love Beco more. That's why in the end just buy first.. hehe..

Ergo is very good to be used for elder child I guess because the position can be adjusted so if they are tall it won't really affect your view.. hehehe..

wooopss.. forgot to mention. The reason I bought Beco also becoz I believe my #1 and #2 once saw me/hubby carry baby they will want to be carried too! It's better to use carrier as it won't be that heavy.. Sigh..
Even though I have even bought the double stroller.

Nowadays it's good as most of the time both are okay in the stroller.

But once baby is born I will carry him everywhere until he's about 6 mth old as I want to nurse him everywhere too.. I have difficulties during #2 as my #1 gets jealous when she saw me nursing my #2. So I'd rather carry my #2 compare to carrying #1 as then my #1 has no choice but to be with someone else so I can nurse my #2.
Otherwise if I carry #1 then #2 wants to nurse, when I give her to someone else she will fuss and fuss..

woops just now saw website for Beco carrier, actually real price is only USD130.. so the deal in brandsfever is just so so only huhu..
Nvm already bought one :S..

Groovy2009, wow...thanks for the clear explaination. I saw the bp seller for the Manduca she posted the actual website for us to view the designs, does it mean that its authentic? So which means Manduca & Ergo carriers are both similar, and we can nurse bb at the same time while using the carrier too? If yes, i will just shortlist these 2 carriers liao & see which one i will get in the end.
happy.gif

Msblur I cannot say that it is sure authentic. But maybe you can ask the persons that bought from that bp whether it is authentic or not.. Or if the seller really honest can ask her too.

But it looks like a lot of people bought already from that bp. If no complains then that can mean authentic...

I just seen manduca singapore website and they have a few licensed seller like agapebabies..

Right now everything is made in china. Sure got some dishonest sell non authentic but similar items...

If I see manduca europe website the real price is €119 which is about SGD190. Not sure how can the seller sell the items at SGD180 and below...

If from agapebabies the cheapest manduca is SGD249 with $20 return voucher, seems quite reasonable

Yup manduca and ergo very similar I saw their designs. Manduca is better in the sense can carry newborn. In june 2012 mummies someone bought both and say prefer manduca becoz material is more cooling..

I have not seen any real manduca carrier but I saw youtube. Not sure whether manduca is easy for nursing but for ergo it really has an easy to adjust strap..
The reviewer in youtube compares it with beco, where beco is more difficult to adjust

Novena square 2 has a shop selling the baby carriers ... maybe those who r interested can go down n take a look?

Manduca has a newborn seat for infant ... n can extend the bck piece when the baby gets taller ...

I dont know about Manduca but Ergo has been around for some time. For my #1, i used it even when she's abt 4yo when we travel. The weight distribution is very good too.

Count me in for the meet up!

Haizzz... Agapebabies also hAs free store voucher for their carrier now.. Regret buying too fast at brandsfever..
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5417812.html?1367624387

Mine is ergo organic and just bought beco butterfly 2 in brandsfever.

Actually the price becomes not much different with the store voucher. Ergo original also $169 only with $15 store voucher .

But then beco comes with the infant insert maybe will be better for me becoz can use it since small as I have ergo too that do not come with infant insert

Sigh~ Im having a sinus infection now ... right side of the face id tender to touch n my right jaw, teeth n gum r painful when I open my mouth ... having headache n slight fever too ...

What a weekend ... =(

Count me in for the tea too!! been having running nose on n off! n I cant seem to sleep soundly at nite! I hope this wont continue else I will be a zombie when I go wrk lor!

I was so tired and sick for past few days so no posts..

So let's confirm the tea session for 11 may, 2.30pm!
Would tcc or marmalade pantry be good? I'd pm those interested tmr to get Ur numbers so it's easier to keep in touch
happy.gif
meanwhile I check where I can make reservations
happy.gif

*excited*

Clarise, thanks. Any place is ok with me as long as there's seats for us to sit down & chit chat.
happy.gif

So I will update the list as follow so that its easier for you to pm us.
happy.gif

Tea Session - 11th May, Sat @ 2.30pm
Venue: Tcc or Marmalade pantry

1. Clarise
2. msblur
3. ferendipity
4. groovy2009
5. Gene
6. kakumi

No problem, thanks for compiling the list msblur
happy.gif

By the way I went looking for strollers and car seats yesterday with hubby. We both like quinny zapp extra and maxi Cosi cabriofix. Anyone has bought theirs already? When's a good time to buy, is it too early now?

Clarise.. my hubby bought the bb stroller 1 or 2 mths ago during OG private sale.. we bought the brand capella. Seen my fren using it n think tat it's quite good, so bought it le.. think we bought it @ around 100 plus? usual price selling at 300 plus?? forgot le..

Clarise, I have not buy any stroller or car seats. Maybe you could wait till the may 30 fair at expo to take a look.

Wow, kakumi, I didn't know OG sells stroller that cheap. Maybe I will look out their sale next time. Thanks!

Groovy, will maclaren techno xt will lightweight enough for travelling by public transport? Or what other umbrella strollers do you recommend?

Will like to join this Saturday's tea pls!
1. Claire's
2. Msblur
3. Ferendipity
4. groovy2009
5. Gene
6. kakumi
7. Viiv

Back