(2013/09) September 2013

kakumi, enjoy ur detailed scan today! Mine is on 6th May, thats abt 1 wk more.
happy.gif

viiv, me too feeling some movements inside. Ytd was quite active actually, lasted for quite some times. Wonder are those hiccups which i read from some mummies.
happy.gif

groovy

thanks for sharing your experience... have you know your bb gender already?

Viiv

I felt small flutterings, little fish swimming sensation as what Mm describe... which i dunno if it is Gas.... but i did feel some pokes on one of the days.... bb movements are not very obvious to me yet... Hope to feel more obvious kicks soon.. today is day 1 of wk 18

all the best to everyone's detailed scans... mine is only on 17 May... so long.... can't wait already

hi mummies,

I delivered my boy in March and i've the following items to let go :

1) Pigeon disposal breast pad ( 1 box unopen, 1 box only used a few pieces )- $12 for both

2) baby bath cradle ( BN with price tag )- $10

Self collect at Sembawang.

PM or Watsapp me for pic @98470497

i'm in my 21 weeks now =)

viiv, yea i am also thinking of getting most of the things soon, if not latest by the next motherhood fair which is in end may (if i'm not wrong). just in case third trimester i'd be too tired to do any shopping.

kakumi, i think about 2kg gain per month in 2nd trim is fine! i gained 2kg in my 4th month too. but at the gynae's weighing machine, it recorded that i gained 5kg, he couldn't believe it and we all guess it's spoilt.

ann chua, i'm with breathepilates for my prenatal pilates. i like their small classes (4-5 persons only) and the instructor will make an effort to remember everyone's name. but it's always tiring at the end of the class, seems that my stamina is really bad. the other mummies all looked very fit to me..

i also started to feel baby movements since last week. some were very subtle like little bubbles bursting, some was fluttering and i had a few strong virations and twitchings. i still cannot believe this but i saw my tummy jerk sideways during one of the strong vibrations. i stared at my tummy for the longest time after that but i didn't see it again. but normally at night when i am relaxing, the strong vibrations happen. so exciting! sometimes when i squeeze my abs, i'd feel my little girl moving.

by the way, any mummies keen to meet up for hi-tea some day? =) really hope to meet u gals.

Clarise, im ok with hi-tea! Lets check it out with the other mummies first. Will be glad to meet all of you gals too. I have a fren who is from the Mar 12 forum, she still met up with some of the mummies there & sometimes arrange outing with the babies too. Last mth my fren's boy juz turned 1 & she invited the mummies too. Looked so fun!
happy.gif

Hi gals, i haven't been posting for a long time. too busy at work to check the forum.

I'm nearing the end of week 21. and yes, i have been feeling my baby's movements like many of you.

me finally started buying my baby's items over the weekend. wana wait until the motherhood fair but was worried that there will be too much to remember to buy, so decided to buy abit at a time.

spent almost $2k on sat. baby items are really expensive. bought baby cot, pram, car seat etc. mainly those impt stuff.

Would be happy to meet up with the mummies. good to put a face to the name.

Just to share. I know of good confinement lady. Her name is aunty susie. She is kind, honest, caring confinement lady. Please pm me for her contacts.

yay mummies who are keen to meet please indicate ur interest! i'd see how i can help to organize a tea session. so exciting to be able to have a mummies gathering =) i have friends who gave birth already and they still meet up with friends they met here.

Hey hey, high tea is good idea. Would like to meet up too but my time is a little inflexible cos got no help to look after #1 on weekends. Will definitely join if able!

I haven't bought much yet; only bought stuff that I see on forums if brand new or when colleagues go over to US or if my china colleague is ordering from Taobao!

I haven't even decided where baby is going to sleep!! got not much space to play with. I have a feeling that we will only decide when baby arrives and play by ear....

I'm considering buying a mobile that can attach to a playpen. Most of the mobiles I have seen can only attach to a cot. Has anyone seen something like that? A travel cot/playpen mobile?

Went to 18 week scan and still boy! haha.. Looks like most likely my guess is true..

For mummies trying to have boy/girl next time can follow:
- to have girl, do it 2 days in a row after your period finished. (less chances to have a baby but if have sure will get a girl). --> happens to me in my 2nd one :S..
- to have boy, do it only after you have the most fertile mucus (looks like egg white).
I miscount 1 day I guess so it happens this time boy boy.. Miscount becoz my ovulation is late and didn't notice it becoz I thought it has happened the days before.. I think becoz I total breastfeed then one day just cannot wake up (about 8-12 hours) to feed my 6.5 mth old so during that day when I am not supposed to have ovulation, in the end come out huhu..
Becoz I realized I cannot wake up on 1 day and we did it less than 4 days after the day I cannot wake up :S

baby room: most likely will move my #1 to master bedroom then let my #2 sleep with #3 in the other room.

The reason becoz I am locking master bedroom during day time and after my maternity leave ends my maid will take care of baby and my #2 (when she does not enter childcare).

I will enroll my #2 to the same childcare as my #1, but learn from my mistake already. Must enroll once a week for a month, then twice a week, thrice, then full day to gain immunity first.

Last time my #1 is already 2 years old but got sick until hospitalized when she just enters childcare for 2 weeks :S..

I'm also at week 21. Time really flies. We're halfway through our pregnancy! Jia you to all expectant mummies 

I've bought small items like baby clothings, toys, wet wipes, detergent and milk bottles. I'm planning to get the big items during expo fair. Hope I'll still have the energy to shop then coz I'm starting to feel tired more easily these days.

Yeah, it'll be great to have a meet up session so that we can learn more from each other.

Groovy2009, congrats on knowing your bb's gender! So ur #1 gal, #2 boy ah? I cant wait to see my bb on 6th May too. The last scan bb was lying in the wrong position so making the scan difficult. Then gynae said most probably is gal bah. Thus, am waiting for the detailed scan to confirm so that i could buy the exact colors for the clothes etc.
happy.gif

I alrdy bought steriliser, rocker, avent milk bottles, breastmilk storage bags, storage cups & the avent starter kit.
happy.gif

@hui (faithmummy)- think you and I almost same time! Me one day more to 18 weeks (according to app) - I always forget from the last check
happy.gif

@Clarise (baobeimummy) - I signed up with breathe pilates too! Which day do you attend the class?

I haven't bought anything. My man has mandated that I have to clear the room before we buy anything...

Clarise, i bought the Avent steam steriliser from my fren. She has 2 sets and the set she sold me was a spare set she put at her mum's hse. I saw the condition still very gd so bought it from her for $40.

I bought a new set for my cousin during the Robinsons member sale last wk, and it cost $103 after the disc etc.
happy.gif

woah what a good deal u got! i saw the steriliser on their website is 159 or 199...

and also avent bottles i'm not sure if i should get natural or advanced... any advice?

Clarise, oh yes..their retail price is $159. My hubby's fren work in Philips and wanted to get the sterilier for me but after staff price is $111, so decided to get from my fren instead. Was thinking 3rd bb mah, so nt getting all first hand lah.

As for the milk bottles, i bought the honey colored bottles. Think its the advanced ones.
happy.gif

Clarise, if you gals wana get bb stuff like milk bottles, breastpum etc can try go Facebook Buzzy Tots Exchange. Everyday i've been searching there to see if anyone selling BN or preloved but in gd condition bb items or nt.
I got my Avent starter kit from there too at $5 only! The lady is selling dirt cheap so i die die oso must get it. Luckily she stay near my plc only. Its a brand new set some more, she said got it as a gift. But the set i bought come with only 1 125ml bottle & 1 260ml bottle. Usually it will come with 2 each size. But anyway its still cheap!
happy.gif

msblur, i see.. my friend also buy advanced.. actually i don't really understand what's the difference.

littleJ, my office is at newton so it's easy to hop over for the class. sometimes i also attend the monday 12noon but it's tough cos i get really hungry. lol

Clarise, actually i wanted the old version clear bottles type. But my fren said her side nt selling alrdy. Then her collick recommended the advance honey colored bottles, said its better. So i bought it loh.

Groovy,

Congratulations, I remember you wanted a Boy !!
have you feel bb movements at Week 18?

LittleJ

Ya we conceived about same time
happy.gif

think we going to give birth at the same time too... have you feel any bb movements to date?

Hey gals

Im approaching my 22nd week. We're likely to have another girl! Think my bb has progressed from flutters to jerks! Another active one.

After all the scar from initial scans, we're just glad bb is healthy. I went from 2nd opinion from Prof Ananda and 3rd opinion from Dr TC Chang and both said bb is fine. Thus, we opted out amnio.

Count me in for hi-tea session! Im still in contact with some mummies from April 2007 forum since my #1, even though she came early and was born in March. I think #2 will likely be an August bb this time.

Msblur, just requested to join buzzy tots exchange
happy.gif

Maybe we could do the high tea session next weekend? It'd be good to exchange ideas on what to buy
happy.gif
) esp first time mom like me, I'm so spoilt for choices and not really sure what's good and what's not

Hello! Guess I haven logged in for a long time! If not for my long mc I hardly have time to log in!

I go with Weiwei for iherb! Been taking Nordic prenatal also. Also probiotic chews and shampoo and supplements for the kids. Their DHL shipment is cheap if u buy more than usd 60.

For #1 in had very lofty dream and wanted to go-ahead without epidual but ended up going in too early and had to endure very long labour and had to have epidural last min (err midnight...) cos cannot tahan. And cos labour was long, I needed 2.5 tubes.... So much for not even wanting 1... I have no side effects at all and I could even eat and drink at the nurses' disgust as they were afraid of any side effects but I thought I needed the energy to push and insisted on eating haha! #2 was easier cos my contractions came at night so I try to tahan at home so that I dun admit too early. But both kids took a lot of pushes to come out.... Really tire me...

I may wanna order confinement food to eat after the CL leaves so mummies pls review!

Thanks gd to hear Clarise... Then I shall call up to go trial in June.

Congrats groovy and gene on knowing your bb gender.

I'm fine with hi tea if time permits.

Ya.. Buzzy tots exchange a lot BN and preloved in gd condition items. I browse it frequently too.
happy.gif

Hello mummies,

I was googling on website for those post natal shape wear n I will want to invest in one good piece.

But I am tore between spanx n wink shape wear. Anyone got recommendation?

Cos I want to start wearing one after birth.. Hopefully to bring down the budging belly

Wow!! took me quite some time to finish reading from my last post! lol
Yea!! did the scan today n it's a girl! Hmmm.. gain another 2kg since my last visit!
I don't mind hi-tea!
happy.gif

Eino, I tried spanx for #2 and intend to try wink for this one! I read that the first I-forgot-how-many-weeks was very crucial in bringing the hips back to shape so i tired all sorts! Like asking the massuer to tie the bind very tight and pull down closer to the hips, wear spanx over and use another binder to put everything in place. I also bought some cheaper shape wear from bp to rotate and it helped! I went back to my M size quite fast which was pre #1 and will definitely do the same this time!

Cookiezz ,which model are u getting from Wink? The bikini or? The belt are sold out.. I was thinking of spanx.. Co's cheaper than wink...
Oh dear.... I am confused again..

Winks design are limited.
Whereas there's lot of design n type for spanx.. really don't know which to choose.... and I intend to choose one that I can also wear under the evening dress after post natal as well

I have 2 girls already so now wanted a boy. Haha..
But not yet detail scan..

Has felt a slight baby movement but not so obvious.

Yup mummies if u can tahan contraction at home is better actually. Becoz if u go hospital they sure put you on ctg machine etc. they are so expensive. I went to hospital very early for my #1 and spend 12 hours plus, my #2 I only 2 hours in labour room and got difference like $300 on equipment cost. Ridicullous right!
Didn't even take epidural on both

I'm thinking of getting wink too! Found a thread on this forum by a lady who was bringing it in direct from US.

I also bought Shrinkx hips from a mummy who didn't use it. I hope it works for me. I would like to wear my old skinny jeans back.

I'm going bangkok this weekend!!! So looking forward to it. Counting down now hee..

Clarise,
Where did you buy the baby clothes etc? Platinum? I remember msblur saying that it has become v ex there now.

Groovy2009, me too! I have 2 gals am hoping for a boy this time. But seems like most likely its gonna be a gal again coz' the last scan my gynae cant see gender & he said most likely gal.
happy.gif

Oh yes...my sis was at Rivervale mall ytd and there's sale on bobdog bb clothes at the atrium. The bb clothes are all clearing at $1 each! My sis bought 2 sets of mittens & booties, 3 tops & 4 bottoms for bb for just $11!

weiwei, i bought my baby girls clothes from platinum mall. the range is normally 170-300 baht? most are around 200-250 baht.. which means about SGD8.50-10.60 for each dress or romper. don't think it's very ex. i saw some of the same pieces selling at kiddy palace! of cos i'm glad i bought at bangkok for half the price hehe.

mummies, how does tea session on 11 may, Saturday sound? maybe 3pm.

msblur. Woops hopefully will be boy
happy.gif

I like bobdog clothes, also love their diaper cover hehe.. Always use them for both babies.
But their diaper cover L size is a bit small, my #2 only use it until she is 6 mth old then cannot anymore..

My #1 uses it until 1 year though becoz she's small size..

Would like to buy some more diaper cover bobdog brand for the new baby. Becoz it's quite easily spoiled actually but it's cheap only 3 for $11.

Groovy2009, oh didnt know Bobdog they hav diaper covers. I was still thinking of popping down to the sales today and see what they have left. My sis scare all got snatched up ytd so bought some for me first. Oh yes...their clothes are quite lasting, my gals used to wear their PJs, can last so long. Or maybe coz' they are skinny bah. Haha..
happy.gif

If im going down today, u wan me to help u see if they have the diaper covers on sale? I actually like their long pants. My sis bought some long pants & shorts for bb too ytd.
happy.gif

once again, i want to ask about cloth diapering...

mummies who have experience in it, please give me some advice! =)

what kind of cloth diaper system are u using? correct me if i am wrong,
there's the traditional white cloth (which u need to fold many times) + the waterproof diaper cover.
there's the prefolds, which doesnt need folding + diaper cover.
there's the pocket diapers which u can put an insert inside.

what are ur views on each type? seems that not alot of people know about inserts, i asked my mum and sister-in-law they all seem to never hear of that. my mum commented that cloth diapers are very hot for the baby, is that true?

S huang, it's a tea session for all mummies! everyone can contribute some ideas and also get to know more friends =)

i'm gonna pm everyone who indicates interest for the tea session =)

Clarise, count me in for the tea session. Do let me know the place & time ya. Tentatively im free on that day.
happy.gif

As for the cloth diaper, the latest one is the pocket diapers which you just put a microfiber insert inside. Think i will give this a try loh, coz' my fren bought & show her mum hw to use it as her mum help her with her bb during her confinement. Her mum commented its gd & can use till bb quite big. Just that some places they sell the pocket diapers without any inserts so u hav to buy separately. Some places sell with 2 inserts and if you think that it wont be enuff, then u can buy extras.
happy.gif

msblur, thanks for sharing the lobang. I'll check out the sales after work today
happy.gif
How many sets of mittens and booties do we need to buy?

Charmayne, how many sets of mittens & booties depend on individual. I bought so many sets for my elder gal, will change everytime after bath. And i know some mummies dun let their bb wear mittens & booties.

thanks clarise!

Charmayne, i think msblur or someone else shared a link on where to get diapers with inserts online. it is quite affordable. you can look thru the archives to look for the link. i wanna buy some and let my mum try too. she kinda kept insisting on using the traditional cloth diaper.

Back