(2013/09) September 2013

we bot stroller (combi - light and can cls with 1 hand), cot and car seat all at kaki bukit baby kingdom over the weekend.. haha

service there very personalised and quite impressed.. the lady will explain to you every single feature of every single model then u decide what suits u... best is can bargain! =D

viiv, not sure about maclaren huhu.. mine is Silver Cross pop sport. But in the end I still feel quite heavy.. It's about 6-7 kg if I'm not wrong..

Hi can I be put as tentative first for our Saturday tea. Dunno if I will be able to make it..

Btw, I forgot, who recommends chiropractor and which one is the best and where? How much is the estimate cost per visit?
I tell my ex-colleage (age about 60+ years old) who has leg-knee pain and she said maybe she want to give it a try since otherwise she will need to go for surgery already. She said best if she can avoid surgery..

ann.. hmmm.. think OG private sales do have good lobangs! just tat need to squeeze w alot of aunties early in the morning lor! kekee.. hubby n mother in law went to buy. hubby almost fainted, cos too messy n scary inside!!

Hihi,

I've a lightly used Medela Swing, condition: 8/10.

Willing to let go @$150neg
Interested pls pm me, tks!

8369492.jpg

ferendipity, i tried to pm you but you don't accept private messages.. can you enable it? or alternative try messaging me your contact number? =)

Kakumi & S Huang, i tried to pm you but you don't accept private messages.. can you enable it? or alternatively, try messaging me your contact number? =)

Private messages regarding this Saturday's meetup is sent to:
1. msblur
2. weiwei
3. charmayne
4. ann chua
5. groovy2009
6. gene

ferendipity, kakumi and s huang can't receive pm so i'd wait for them to let me know =)

looks like we have 10 mummies coming!
any mummies interested, please let me know on this thread or pm me also ok. depending on the size of the group, i'd check where is a good place to make reservations.

just in case you missed out details of the gathering, it's this saturday 11 may, 2.30pm. venue will be at orchard (tcc or marmalade pantry)

kakumi, i saw the brand capella at a website called kulily.com but i haven't seen it at shops yet. maybe i'd check it out.

ann chua, i am also thinking of waiting til motherhood forum, but my hubby is really excited to buy now.. haha. he even bought diapers already.

Angelic^SouL, is kaki bukit baby kingdom a showroom or shop? i'm also interested in combi actually cos it is light. i'm prone to back problems so i can't carry a heavy pram.. but my hubby feels it is too light and flimsy.

by the way i bought medela pump in style from craigslist, brandnew and only 390. i think shops selling 700? if you are keen to buy medela pumps, i saw kulily.com selling at 420 only. and at 450 you can buy a bundle which includes the handsfree bra. i'm not sure how necessary is the handsfree bra thing but if i saw this bundle earlier i think i'd have gotten it instead of from craigslist.. kulily offers one-for-one exchange during first year. i hope mine don't spoil during warranty if not i dunno where to exchange..

Hi mummies, i just went for my detailed scan & its a princess again.
happy.gif

Clarise, hw much did u see the quinny zapp extra selling at?

msblur, congrats! can buy more pretty clothes hehe

i saw quinny zap extra selling $729 at spring maternity. but there's a newer version quinny zap extra with folding seat. i prefer the folding seat one though. i saw this online so i havent seen the real physical set yet.

Clarise: kaki bukit is like a warehouse showroom kind.. got quite a lot of variety to choose from.. we compared against combi and capella.. combi is 4.5kg, capella is bout 5.5 kg or sth lydat.. so we decided with combi..

msblur! congrats!!
happy.gif
can doll up ur princess le!

Clarise.. hmm I've seen quite a few departmental stores that carries the brand capella wor.. think they have it at BHG, OG, Robinsons? u can go check it out.

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and im looking forward to getting to know you all and ofcourse learn a lot!
I am pregnant with my first baby due at the end of September
happy.gif

oh yeah congrats msblur on knowing ur bb gender =) girl's clothings are so much easier to find as compared to boys.. walked the stretch along vivo.. tink got 2 stalls selling specifically bb girl stuff.. haha

Angelic, woops then my umbrella stroller should be lighter than 6 kg haha.. I cannot even remember now. bought very long time ago. But it's still a bit bulky.
But now we have kinderwagon hop stroller (double stroller) already for my both girls. So far hasn't tried to go using bus as my younger one still need to be carried..

Msblur, ocngrats on girl again! It's okay can use jiejie's clothings and buy some more. Can doll them up together, matching clothes
happy.gif

How old are your elder ones?

Hi there Indy. :) welcome to our group chat! i'm having my first bb too! n it's a girl! edd will be mid sept. hehee

me n hubby r looking through bb names.. such a headache to find a nice n meaningful name ar!!

Maclaren Techno XT is super durable and it lasted me till now since I had my daughter 6 years ago. But its quite heavy if u need to carry up the bus w 1 hand and carry bb on another.

I had a combi too. Light weight and reversible so bb can face u. But so light, u cant hang anything on it without worrying it'll flip. Basket under the seat is too small also. I gave it to a friend.

I have a Jeep umbrella stroller but u cant recline. And the only time i need the stroller is when my kid is sleeping so it didnt work well.

just wondering, have any mummies named their babies? i have a name that both me and hubby likes, not sure when's the norm to let friends know when they ask?

Congrats ms blur..
happy.gif

Thanks Clarise, the website you shared is cheaper than buying local set
happy.gif

Groovy, you can recommend your friend to Discover Chiropatic at 71 Tras Street... You can go their website to take a look http://www.discoverchiro.com.sg/discoverchiro/Welcome.html

The charges at 1st consultation $100, subsequent consultation $70. There are 2 therapies - ultrasound therapy $10 per area & cold therapy $10 per area too. Prices are before gst.

Morning mummies!
happy.gif

Clarise, nice chatting with u on watsapp ytd.
happy.gif
Btw...i haven gotten any carrier or stroller yet. Should be popping by the Motherhood fair to see if i can get any cheap carrier. As for stroller, i will be going to the bb stores at Kaki Bukit.
happy.gif

So u like Quinny stroller ah? Hmm...my cousin has brand new to let go. She bought it without her hubby's knowledge and got scolded by him coz' they alrdy hav one at hm. Hers is the newer model, i did post here previously. Did u see it? She is reducing the price to $600 now.

Little J, i wont be attending any pre-natal class as i don't find it necessary. You might wana take a look at the TMC website to find what you wanted.
happy.gif

Indy S, welcome to our group!
happy.gif

Kakumi/Angelic^Soul, yes...i was telling hubby i have excuses to buy more Hello Kitty now! Told him there are so many nice stuff to buy for gals.
happy.gif

Groovy2009, my bb cant use jiejies' clothings anymore coz' they are grown up liao. My 2 elder gals are 13 & 10, so everything are long ago given away. So its time to get some new ones!
happy.gif

Ann, are both doctors OK? Or which one is better?
Thanks for the info!
happy.gif

msblur, woops haha so grown up already! Yup2 more excuses to buy new one!

Haiz.. thinking most of my girl girl clothes can't be pass down to their brother.. I keep buying clothes for my girl girl, my own mum also. I think both of them has more clothes than me!! Especially my #2 since I bought lots of new one
Now I have started to keep the unisex clothes/ the one look boyish to pass it down. hahaha..
Still waiting for my detail scan to really confirm boy though.
happy.gif

Groovy2009, yes...got to get more new ones! Shall pop by the bb fair this mth end to see if i can get any gd deals.
happy.gif

Ytd i waited so long for my scan at TMC loh. They told me there will be some delay, said today babies all not cooperating leh. haha..

msblur,

nope, didn't enjoy much
sad.gif
Toddler got sick and didn't sleep well. So didn't get much rest and shopping.

Also, you're right, things are more expensive in BKK now. I went to platinum to look at children's clothes; unfortunately I just shopped on taobao before I went and so everything looked expensive!! :p

I just got tons of milk bags hahahah!!!! My hubby even complained to my little girl that all mummy bought was milk bags :p

Hi all,

I am a first time mummy and due date in mid-sept.

Can I ask if any of the mummy here is considering infant care services?

weiwei, oh dear...it must be a tiring trip.
sad.gif
But at least u got something for urself...the milk bags! My hubby oso said the most things he got for me are the milk bags! Haha..
happy.gif

I've got a colleague pumping too so she asked me to get her some. I came back with 10 boxes! hahah.. I just went to the same shop in MBK 2 days in a row and swiped all the boxes on the shelf. LOL. They must think I was crazy.

hmm what are milk bags for ah? milk storage bags?

Bunny: yeah! i registered and is on the longgg waiting list for my first skool infant care le..

Angelic^Soul,

milk bags are BPA free bags used specially to store and freeze milk. It's another option for milk storage, other than bottles. The nice thing is that you can save freezer space by freezing the milk flat and then stack them all up.

Hi Mummies,

I've got a few BN items to let go, PM me if interested. Thanks =)

Meetup @ Jurong East / Yishun MRT
or
Registered Postage (pay by buyer)

8374667.jpg

Hi mummies,

I have the following to let go:

- Ikea Sniglar Changing Station with changing mat $35
- Unopened box of Lansinoh Milk Storage Bags x 100 $30
- Brand new in box Tommee Tippee Bottle & Food Warmer $45
- Preloved (Used for 1 month) Tommee Tippee Steam Sterilizer $80 (Can be used with bottles from other brands)
- Brand new in box Philips Avent Steamer/Blender $150

Please PM or email [email protected]. Thanks!

Usually some milk bags cannot really withstand heat that much. So you will need to thaw it overnight in lower compartment in your fridge, then pour inside milk bottle, then heat..

Groovy, I guess both doctors are fine. I'm seeing Dr Low. Very nice and friendly doc, always remember his conversation with patient.. Prevent me from getting nervous while he does what is required
happy.gif

Angelic^soul,

yep... but I think it's very small, so just going to the motherhood fair end of may instead.

I'm going on Friday pm (31May), anyone going too? maybe can meet up for tea
happy.gif

These days, my baby has been kicking A LOT! So much and so hard that my tummy moves. I dont remember my #1 being so hyper at this point yet. Is this normal?

msblur,

Am taking half day leave to go. Can't stand crowds these days
sad.gif
Also, it's impossible to shop with my 3 yr old ard. Phobia she gets abducted cos she's so friendly with everyone!!! Even when I tell her horror stories about bad uncles and aunties who steal little girls. Haiz.

yeah yeah same heree!!! my bb is also super active! but its gd to feel them kick!

at my last appt, gynae actually told me must monitor at least everyday must move.. =D so its a sign of assurance too!

Back