(2013/08) August 2013

Catherine & AugustBee: No worries, I m sure the other prenatal vitamins and folic acid will do fine too! Actually taking fish oil is good to take now too but I cant swallow capsules and cant stand the fishy smell from fish oil capsules so I try to take more fish instead.

I simply lurve the taste of BRANDS and EYS Chicken Essence (those bottled ones) and I usually drink in the morning,at room temperature.

I dont take bottle chicken essence cos i dont like the smell or taste. How about those home made ones, do they smell and taste like that too? I know it doesnt look as dark..

Told hubby about the BabyPlus and he has approved already ;p Will get from usa directly which is much cheaper. Anyway still got 2 months+ before I can use it.

Hello everyone
happy.gif

Congrats to all of you!!!

I tested positive end of November and saw a gynae last Saturday :D My EDD is not confirmed yet but I'm so excited and counted the weeks and I'm due sometime in August!!

Am having nausea the whole day since last week - really uncomfortable :p

I thought I would just join because it sounds like one big party here haha :D

Hi AugustBee! Me too! I bought it directly from USA via Amazon & inform my hubby after my purchase.. lol..

Hopefully it will arrive soon
happy.gif

Congrats soulffle!

I see the usa website it should be abt usd150. But my favourite site is currently OOS. Hopefully they replenish them next month.

hihi,
help!!! lunch time i ate the korean food, with fish, can i know what kind of fish used for korean food, at food court, does it high in Mercury??? I am scare and confuse now
sad.gif

Dear Mummies,
I just tested positive at home on thurs... This is my #2 and my #1 is a boy and hes is 2 years 1 mth old now... Hoping to have a girl... EDD is 14th Aug 2013.. so now im 5 weeks preg. Lets share our experience of being a mummy here ya!!

Wendy, those are mackerel. Do avoid next time ya. Mackerel is off the menu during pregnancy. Don't worry that you've eaten just once. You probably need to eat a lot to cause any risk.

Thanks augustbee, I have ate half of the fish this afternoon...
sad.gif
dun eat that next time, I have the crave of Korean food so I ate hais

Congrats pink ribbon. My EDD should be very near yours too
happy.gif
Right now I only have very slight nausea. And sleeping very early.

Wendy, I'm seeing Dr John Tee at KKH. Curious why you decide to try a male gynae this time. I mean for myself, I never wanted a female gynae because I thought male should be more gentle. Haa.

Hi pink ribbon, Dr John Tee never mention my EDD, but the first scan can see little water bag already, I dun have any symptom except tender breast and sleepy almost the same as #1 pregnancy
Hi augustbee u also seeing Dr John Tee but I see him at kk amk clinic nearer to me as I stay I woodlands, the pervious I saw is female, I dun really like her attitude always Kenna scolded by her, that time bo bian cos I signed package with her liao, after signing attitude totally changed, but I feel comfortable with DR John Tee, he give me this relax feeling first time seeing him

Oh no, being scolded?? I guess you had no choice in a way as you've mentioned. Nevermind, you're in good hands now.
Yes, I find him straight to the point (famous for being a man of few words) and I totally trust and feel comfortable with him. Does he offer package at his amk clinic? I actually stay near amk. But I still prefer to go kkh as it's near my office.

No no he doesn't offer package at all at KKH. Just thought maybe he does at his amk clinic? Anyway, I still prefer KKH pte suite
happy.gif

Pink ribbon: u r not alone. Its my 2nd pregnancy too but i also cannot remember what to do. I nearly ate half
Boiled eggs just now.

Hehhe pet suite. :p

There's no package at pte suite. It's pay per visit. I think ranges from 90ish to 110ish per visit (not inclusive of medication).

BabyS: i was at yakun jus now n was so tempted to our my all time favourite half boil egg too!! Actually issit too early to refrain ourselves from eating all these?
Wendy: you can go to Babycenter to calculate ur EDD..ive gotten mine from there... I havnt seen my gynae yet.. Think its a bit too early...

Hi all!

I'm expecting #2 and she is about week 6 now. Have yet to see the Gynae cos the last time the nurse recommended to go around 8weeks otherwise can't see anything too.. I am on vacation with my hubs and #1 now. #1 is turning 15mth soon!
I'm so much more excited about this pregnancy than the first... =D
Looking forward to chatting more!

Hi augustbee, thanks for inform, or else silly me keep waiting for package.. Hehe
Hi doodles, welcome .. And congrats to u, my #1 is 3 years old le... I scare I have hard time to tell him about #2
sad.gif

Hi pink ribbon, I went in baby center EDD 10 August 2013 haha I thot of national day ??? Haha

Good morning ladies.
Congrats doodles. There are indeed many 2nd time mummies here. With experiences, I guess you all feel more relaxed with the 2nd pregnancy?
happy.gif

This is something random but I was shared it's "worst" to be doing confinement during july/aug period as that's the hottest time of the year! Haa well, I'm sure we can live through it regardless.

Congrats doodles... Im expecting my #2 also... #1 now just turn 2 yrs old...

Happy weekend ladies!!! Im home alone with #1... Hub working overseas.. Boring.... =(

Augustbee: my #1 was born in august, i dunno if its the weather that made me hot and grumpy or the restrictions of confinement that made me grumpy. Haha. But i bathed myself, bathed baby, wash bottles, went on my own by bus for my post delivery check.. I went to hair salons for
My hairwash. Wash liao, straight away blow dry. Confinement food, my mum cook for one week. After that we ran out of ideas and just cooked our normal food but added in ginger and sesame oil. Drank longan drink for one day only
Cos it made me very constipated!

I'm still ok .. Haha. Singapore is too hot to catch a
Cold during confinement..

Actually I love confinement food. Coincidentally I was doing one month confinement when I had my D&C recently in Aug. Indeed it was sooooo hot, especially I wasn't supposed to catch fan wind and food were making me all heated up. Couldnt take it and I already washed my hair few days after the start of confinement. Whole day I was like a sweaty meat. After the hot herbal bath, I felt even more hot!

Back to the food, although they can be repetitive, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks to my wonderful MIL. After the confinement, I went back to my sinseh and she says my pulse reading tells I'm pretty much better than before. I feel better, sleep better (I needed naps. Now I don't need anymore, at least before my BFP now!), and my constipation problem is gone for sure. So I truly believe a proper confinement do you good.

BabyS: if too hot can switch on the aircondition.. I hope wont be tt bad... My first one was in Nov.. So weather was superb. i didnt was hair till the 8th day... Dont dare to go hair salon... Im afraid tt they might faint after knowing i didnt wash for 8 days!!

Augustbee: i LOVE confinement food too... And i ate big portion.. I have confinement aunty to cook for me n i had 2 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 teabreak and 1 dinner every day... No food after 8pm thou.. And i took confinement food for 40 days.. My confinement aumty left after 28 days n my mum continued till 40th day. I m as strong as a bull nw.. So i think proper care and good confinement food is impt! Will follow again this time too!

Hi, i did a home pregnancy test and it turned positive. What should I do now, when should i contact a gynae and which gynae to go to? Thanks

Hey Annie!

Congratulations!! You can call up the clinic on Monday and get the nurse to advise when you should schedule a visit. =D

BabyS & AugustBee, I love confinement food too! but i didnt take much during my #1 cos he had bad jaundice and I dono if the ginger and wine will worsen it as he was on full BM. and the confinement lady wasnt much of a cook too... I hope to enjoy more confinement food this time round! =D

Wondering if i should diy this time or get a day time confinement lady.. Cos i will have to take care of my older
Girl too.. Confinement food not worth caterinc cos i dont eat alot of the usual confinement food infredients like liver etc.

I went for my 1st gynae appt. the edd for #2 is same as #1! But i am so impressed with the dr's clinic, machiam spa and facial shop!!!! And so impressed with his ultrasound machine too, also got screen in front of me (maybe cos my prev
Gynae's ultrasound and clinic very lok kok compared to this new clinic..)

Hello all MTB here, i've just tested w bfp altho i suspected for one wk! Abit lost here cuz its my #1. Any gynae to intro? Im shortlisting mt a. :D

Nana: what r u looking for in a gynae? Male/ female, clinic based in mt a or elsewhere (but still deliver in mt a), which area..

AugustBee, ur mil so good to cook for you. Mine said no time to cook..so engage a confinement nanny in the end. Personally feel that confinement is important cos my health get worse then my pre pregnancy days. I feel cold easily, get tired easily and my legs are not so strong as before.

This time rd got to do a good one so as to bu back my body.

BabyS, think get a day time confinement lady better cos you need to rest during confinement. Diy and need to take care of one tod and a newborn no easy job lei.

Babyxi, I must say I'm very lucky... my MIL works full time but yet she takes care of almost everything at home, including my confinement meals by waking up extra earlier everyday. I think she's a superwoman.

I'm quite "easy" on the confinement food because I also dont eat liver/pork leg this kind. So she cooks chicken, fresh steam cod fish, vege, herbal soup. Everyday was like that and I find them very yummy
happy.gif
But she said liver is important so she suggested I can just add the liver slices into the herbal soup when I'm heating it up. Then just drink the soup. Don't eat the liver is fine. The soup alone will help to replenish the blood. But the liver is not put to waste as my dog gets to eat it. My dog also got her "confinement" food with me. lol.

I also agree on the importance of an extra pair of helping hands when it comes to confinement period. The food is crucial of course, but I find having someone to take care of the baby is even more important because you mummy has to get as much rest as possible and you're not supposed to touch water too much. I mean the CL will be the one handling all these chores for you.

Yes we are all staying under one roof since I got married 2 years ago. Waiting for our own place to be TOP in 2015.

Am glad my inlaws are nothing of those horror inlaw stories I heard about!

Taking my beanie out today for a day trip in msia
happy.gif

Hi babyS, i wil prefer a female gynae, nt necessarily based at ma.. im at north east. Any one can share which gynae u r using/ intend to use?
happy.gif

Hi nana.. Congrats... My gynae for my #1 was at TMC dr joycelyn.. I prefer a female doc... But parking at TMC is terrible.. So im thinking if to change to the gynae near my house. Still thinking. Im staying in the north east too.

Mine is a male gynae, cos i feel male gynaes r more gentle.

For a start, maybe u can go to the
Mt a website, search under the gynae list. They have a list of drs thT will do delivery at mt a. Not all of them have clinics based at mt a but u can call the clinic to check.

Back