(2013/08) August 2013

hi, I am preggy with my #2 @ week 5, but strange when i visited the gynae, he din tell me about the EDD, unlike my pervious gynae, she told me straight away about the EDD...
Anyone has your gynae inform you anything about EDD?

I'll go find out more on BabyPlus
happy.gif
My hubby is quite an "au naturale". He even says last time pregnant women also didn't have ultrasound scans and babies also popped out like that. Ha! But that was LAST time, I said. Have to see what he thinks about this new gadget (at least new to me ;p).

wendy, I thought you can ask you gynae on the EDD when you visited?

Catherine: the baby plus gadget sounds interesting. Do you think it's effective? How much does it cost?

I don't recall hearing about this gadget when I had my #1. Maybe that time not popular.

Hi bbkk: thanks! Do u keep track of the Aug threads too? Yours is due in may or June right? How r u getting on?
happy.gif
is Shirley Huang also in the same thread as u?

Hi AugustBee: thanks! Wow! U told ur boss at week 4 or 5? I will be having my appraisal session with my boss later but dun think I will tell him yet coz my DH said to keep quiet till 3 mths first. Think will only tell my boss n colls at week 10-12 onwards if all things go well. Coz my boss n colls super big mouth. Think they will spread to the whole office if i tell anyone of them now. Just nice before Cny will be my week 12
happy.gif

Envy u... it will be ur #2 liao
happy.gif
ur #1 is a gal or boy?

Usaginoko: I'm at my week 4 this week too
happy.gif
Earliest gynae appt booked for me is only 2 Jan. Dec slots all fully booked. Happy and excited for u too! Have u seen a gynae or told anyone yet?

Wendy: wow! U r also expecting ur #2 too! Have u told anyone other than ur DH yet?

Hi AugustBee, I thot Gynae will advise when visit, must ask ar, then i check with him next visit,

hi TTCing, I told my company, as i need to travel around internally, I told my mum and mother in law, what is DH?

I was wondering how to tell my boy about #2, hmmm
he is 3 years old already

CKS: think it's useful for #1. so try out on #2 as well.. hehehe... it's abt $300+?

during my 1st visit, cant see anything, so doc nv told me EDD. 2nd visit, then gave me the EDD as 8/8/2012

Tell them only when you feel comfortable
happy.gif
My office environment is quite healthy and I’m sure my boss will let me share this news with the rest only when I’m ready to tell them. This is my 2nd pregnancy; my last was a miscarriage few months ago.

If that’s your lingering question on EDD, you can always ask  I don’t usually wait for gynae to tell me everything.

DH = Dear Hubby/Husband.

Augustbee: sorry to hear abt ur mc. I'm sure this rainbow baby of yours will be yours to keep and hold come July/Aug 2013! Hugs! Have u calculated ur edd? Mine is ard 20 Aug according to baby center mobile app. Have u ladies downloaded that app yet? It's quite informative and tracks ur beanie every single day inside u
happy.gif

Wendy: Ic. For me, I dun travel for my job so I will just see how long more I can tahan b4 I tell my boss n nosy colls ;) Just to ensure baby is stable b4 I tell them. Luckily I will be clearing a few days of leave in Dec so I will take the chance to rest more. Booked gynae appt on 2 Jan, @ week 7 as Dec is fully booked. Looking forward to see my baby's heartbeat then!

Catherine, can I know if you use the BabyPlus, do you still play soothing musics to your foetus? I was googling and it says the BabyPlus is to be used twice a day, 1 hr every session. So I wonder if I still need to let the baby hear any other sounds.(too much maybe).

I happen to see that it costs USD140-150 on some USA sites which I have access to. But mostly already out of stock.

Thanks TTCing. I'm staying positive
happy.gif
Based on my ovulation date, my EDD is 12Aug. My gf just delivered her first baby and it was 2.5 weeks earlier than her EDD. So ya, mine could possibly pop in July too! I also want that app but my old fashion blackberry has limited performance. I'll be upgrading it to android end of this month so I can have it downloaded then
happy.gif

7weeks is a good time to catch sight of the beanie! My first appt is next Wed. Hope can catch the flickering heartbeat on the screen. I will be 6wk2dy.

Augustbee: For #1, i played baby plus in morning and afternoon. At night, play classical music or read nursery rhymes. hehe.. last time first time pregnant, v kiasu. everything also try. haha..

im using BabyBump iphone app. not too bad. hehe...

My nxt visit is on 8 Jan. sibeh sianz... still so long more to go.

Wow your baby must be very well entertained back then. LOL.

For this round, I probably will skip the OSCAR and opt straight for the invasive test due to my age and my last MC.

Hi all. Congrats to all that are expecting.. This will be my 2nd pregnancy but i lost my first one at almost week 10. So now I'm quite excited yet super worried at the same time. I'm now in week 6 and is seeing the gynae next week. Like the last time, the morning sickness is terrible. Wish I can just stay in bed and not work. Hahaha..

Congrats Oisterbaby! Stay positive ya! btw can i know if u hv spotting problems for ur #1? I'm quite worried abt my #2 cos i hv some spotting problems for 2days before my menses is due...

Haha.. i also wish to stay on the bed.. cant wake up in the morning.. btw u may ask ur doc to prescribe some medicine that will help with pregnancy.. the doc in KK gave me some.. hv to eat for 2wks but i dont hv the name of the medicine..

Hi mummies. Just seen my gynae and I'm @ week 5 now. This will be my #2
happy.gif

MS start to kick in..just puke in the morning
sad.gif

Catherine, I also use babyplus for my #1 but she not a easy baby. Haha. But I do agree on the alert part. She very alert. Will use it on #2 too.

Augustbee: Oscar test is only blood test + ultrasound. less risky than those invasive tests. why not just try out OSCAR first?

Hi Rachyo.. Thank you. I have zero spotting for the previous pregnancy so it was very surprising when we did not see the hb anymore at week 11 and I was still having the morning sickness.

Dun worry too much about the spotting.. Just take care of yourself.

Congrats Babyxi & Oisterbaby!Yeah keep the positivity going. Likewise, I lost mine at 13 weeks... now am newly preggie at 5wk+. My last nausea was bad too. Lost weight. Now, seems to be ok but maybe it's too early. *fingers crossed*.

Catherine, I did OSCAR in my first pregnancy. Result wasn't ideal and I lost the baby shortly (just one week later). Didnt do the invasive test then. I read that such invasive tests are recommended for ladies beyond 35 and also have had chromosome pregnancy before. So I thought I fit into it. But in anyway, I will consult my gynae is due time.

AugustBee, thanks!
Yup yup..positive thinking!!
My gynae mentioned that my bb this time is abit small as he spend sometime to find and was abit worried initially but after talking to my mum, I feel better.

As for spotting, try not to walk too much and sit or bed rest as much as possible. I too had spotting and cramping for my #1 during the 1st tri and it doesn't help with a terrible ms. I was on HL for two months. That is really a low period of my life.

Hope we all have a smooth 9months ahead!
happy.gif

Hi ladies
i'm 6wk and my EDD is 5Aug. when i go to gynae last monday, he give me folic acid of 5mg but when i read in the website it mention that it should not take more than 1mg (1000mcg). i'm confuse now. any idea how much folic acid should we drink? Thanks
happy.gif

I just did another test, it's positive so I've made gynae appointment on 10 Jan coz he's fully booked till then. Based on LMP, I'm at wk4 now. I've not told anyone except hubby, and the sales person at GNC coz I bought prenatal vitamins today. I'll announce to my family this weekend. Friends probably after wk12.

Regarding prenatal education, for #1 I only listened to classical music at times. Too lazy to read. Didn't get BabyPlus coz I felt it's rather ex. My #1 is an alert and active girl.

@TTCing, are you seeing Dr Henry Cheng too? I remember seeing your post at the thread about him.

my folic acid is also 5mg. shouldnt be a problem lah. i also took it during my 1st pregnancy.

My family wise, only my hubby and my parents know. Will announce to my FIL/MIL & colleagues after week 14. hehe...

Hi melody
Taking 5mg of folic acid is fine. Excess folic acid get flushed away through our urine, so never mind to take more. It's very good for us.

Hi Hi
What is Oscar test, Pervious pregency i did not do this Oscar test, what i know is triple blood test that was done on me
?????

OSCAR test is to test for down sydrome. just a blood test.. nothing much. in fact, i heard the test is not v accurate.. it's ok if u dun do.

usaginoko: yup, I am seeing him since late Sept. R u seeing him too? Heard that he is on vacation from 11-21 Dec and after that he is fully booked till 8 Jan. Maybe someday we will bump into each other in his clinic unknowingly :p

Do u intend to deliver at Mt A and how old is ur #1? Seem like we have quite a lot of mummies here with #1
happy.gif

Catherine: I m considering to buy the BabyPlus as I have also heard so much abt it but maybe to get a 2nd hand one instead as it is too ex. Do u know where to get a good 2nd hand one?

I feel more than often, OSCAR gives false tension. That's what I gather from most friends. They proceed to the invasive tests and usually the test results turn out to be satisfactory.

Catherine: Noted with thanks
happy.gif

Btw, is the OSCAR test expensive? Heard some ladies say that it costed them like around $300??

So sorry to hear of those who had mc...but great that you ladies are having #2. congrats...

Erm this is my #1 and I'm worried about MC!

Is there something that triggered your mc or could have been prevented? Or you just mc with no symptoms no warning?

I think we'll be quite devastated if it happens
sad.gif
not sure if theres something we can do to avoid...

i've already told both our families and close friends. aiyoh i cannot hide secrets man! haha

I paid $300 plus for my daughter's oscar test 3yrs ago.

Urgh, i keep burping today and keep getting heart burn!! Hate the sour taste..

Cat.. I can understand hw u feel.. i was like tis on my #1.. its horrible.. remember dnt cough.. cos coughing will gradually make u vomit out..
sad.gif

@TTCing, yup I'm seeing Dr Henry Cheng. He delivered my #1 who is 1 year old now. I intend to deliver at Mt A for #2 too. That time I did OSCAR at Dr Cheng's was almost $300, include scan, blood test & consultation. Results were poor, so I did invasive tests. Hopefully #2 results better.

My MS haven't started but I feel tired more easily.

usaginoko: ic. I will see if I need to do OSCAR or just do the invasive tests so I heard most OSCAR results are not accurate and costly. Seems to scare mums-to-be but it turns out that the baby is fine.

I am still waiting for my 1st appointment on 2 Jan, a good 3 weeks away! He seems a very detailed and patient gynae and I think i will stick to him till delivery as I would like to deliver at Mt A too.

I dun feel any discomfort except slight abdomenial cramps and sore bbs and feeling sleepy after lunch (but I tend to feel sleepy after lunch anyway before I was pregnant
happy.gif
)

Meanwhile, I will pop folic acid, vit B and more green veg and a fruit every day. Started to drink chicken essence every 2-3 days due to craving and for the strength.

Girls, I need your baby dust! Hope to hop onto the preggy bandwagon for my #2. Testing in a few days' time. Fingers n toes crossed. ;)

Catherine: I drink both Brands and Eu Yan Sang's Chicken Essence
happy.gif
Do u take those as well in your 1st trimester?

Hi Ann, no negative thoughts! Just enjoy your pregnancy every day
happy.gif

usaginoko, may you share more on the invasive test you had? Was it very painful? I read you have to stay in bed as much as possible for 2 days after the procedure.

biscuitin, keeping fingers crossed for you too.

TTC: i dun drink chickn essense cos scared of the smell.. hehehe.... but if it's really good for pregnancy, i might try. hehe...

Back