(2013/08) August 2013

Congrats BabyS. So many 2nd-timers here....

Actually I'm contemplating should I wait till at least I can see baby's heartbeat at doc's. My appt is coming Wed and I'll be only couple of days past 5 weeks on Wed. Should I wait for another week at least?

I got my maternity wear from taobao.com and indeed they are much cheaper compared to SG.

Hi, am mommy from 12 dec, I 'd like to sell my baby plus. In good condition. Brought end of June at takashimaya,still under warranty till end of feb next year.
Selling at $260

Interested, please contact me at 90225579

Augustbee: thanks!

Since u have any appt already, why dont u just go for it? Sometimes 5 weeeks may be able to see, maybe u calculate wrongly, etc. if cannot see sac maybe can see if lining is thickening. For #1, we didnt see any sac, even with the transvaginal scan but dr says lining getting a little thick. He prescribed me with hormone pills and iron tablets (i dunno why though, i wasnt bleeding or anything)

Thanks for the advice. Yes I've got the appt already. Shall go for a peace of mind
happy.gif

Hi mummies.. can anyone help me? My menses is iiregular lah. But menses shld be ard 30-40 days like that . Last fri i got light crampings n see brown discharge so i thinking shld be af coming. But hor until now i havent see red. Is still brown discharge n is v little. It cant be implantation bleeding leh. Hmm.. anyone experience it ? I thinking is either pregnant or due to stress??? But i first time experience this...

Pregnancy symptoms can be very similar to AF ones, so hard to tell. If you want, do a HPT. If it's -ve, test again in 2days time.

I had implantation bleeding and I was tested +ve on the same day.

Hello everyone!
This is my 2nd pregnancy. 1st child is 2 years old now. I remembered during my 1st pregnancy, I dare not carry heavy things and walk too much during 1st trimester. Now I can't... My #1 is now super sticky to me and want me to carry her all the time. Hope everything will be alright.

Hi,

My apologies for interrupting your disscussions!

I am looking to sell my Medela Freestyle Local Set. It was purchased in May 2012 and still has a good 6 months of local warranty left. I had latched my baby on directly most of the time and therefore the set is hardly used and in an excellent condition. I am willing to let go of the Medela Freestyle at $550. If you are interested, do PM me or contact me on my mobile at 9431-5642. Thanks!

7869987.jpg
- what's in the box
7869988.jpg
- warranty card and purchase receipt

Im in my 6 weeks today. My 1st check up will be onli on next tue. Cant wait to hear baby heartbeat.
Now having headache...sian.

A friend looking to put up her unborn baby for adoption.. pls call or sms 94886023 .. she doesnt want to hv to go for an abortion.. thank u.

I just went to see gynae today for my 2nd visit. 1st visit was 1 week plus ago & can't see anything. Only lining thicken. This visit can see a sac, estimated 5 weeks 4 days, EDD 8/8/2013. Nxt visit will be 4 weeks later on 8/1/2012... Can't wait for the nxt visit to arrive earlier...

Congrats Elaine. So happy for you. Im sure you can see heartbeat next Tue.

I think I can only see a sac too at the time I visit this Wed as I'll be 5wk 3dy.

A friend looking to put up her unborn baby for adoption.. pls call or sms 94886023 .. she doesnt want to hv to go for an abortion.. thank u.

Catherine, ooo maybe national day baby!

But benefits of having ur bday in august, u get national day baby discounts! Cos my #1 is also a august baby and we always make use of her bday discounts in august. Haha.

Hello all! I'm 5w3d! First time...EDD 9 Aug! Patriotic sia! lol...i'm not supersituous but i've told our families and closest gfs. They say dont tell people abt it until 3 months. I'm now super worried anything will happen like mc...

No morning sickness (at least not yet)...just super bloated tummy and boobs (the only good thing so far! haha)

I'll be very obvious in office wan coz I wear sky high heels, avid coffee and alcohol drinker, and avid exerciser...now i cant all any of these...my cols are already suspecting...but if i cannot say until 3 months, how to siam ah?!?!

I havent got a gynae yet also. I heard no point visiting till week 8 or later. Havent decided who also.

Joys should be shared with close family & friends. It won't cause MC for sure
happy.gif

As for other people, dont need to hide nor announce. If they ask, then just tell them.

Good morning all!

I juz tested +ve last sat n only seeing my Gynae next Mon. If all things goes well, this will be my no.3. Hope can continue to chit chat with all of you here :)

BabyS: i gave birth to #1 at 37 weeks plus. probably will give birth #2 in mid July...

hehe... i didnt tell my colleagues abt my pregnancy cos they have been warning me not to get pregnant so fast. Too many pple in the dept going for maternity leave. super shortage of manpower. will hide till cannot hide. only problem is my tummy start to show liao.

Hey Catherine, I also had my #1 at about 37+ weeks. Is it the norm that if you have the first one early, the second will be early as well?

mine was induced labour cos waterbag fluid running low. if not, probably can tahan till about 38 + weeks. yup, heard that if 1st one early, 2nd one probably early too. hehehe...

My whole labour only took about 4hrs and its painless. hopefully this time round will be shorter. hehe...

I also like to have 3. But I'm too old already. Ha!

I called my gynae clinic and I'm adviced to visit him at 6 weeks instead. (supposed to be tomorrow when I'm only 5wk2dy). So I've postponed my first appt to next Wed
happy.gif
Looking forward.

I totally skip titbits and tea. No cold beverages. Only eat proper meals. So yes I'm already starting to watch what I eat.....

i used to drink 3 cups of tea every day. Since i tested positive, i immediately stopped.
sad.gif
but now, I have been coughing and having flu for days. have been on medication. hopefully it doesnt affect the baby.

Besides that, i just eat normal meals.

Old? I should be the oldest here! Turning 36 in dec. this will be my number #2 if everything goes smoothly. Unlike my 1st pregnancy, I'm always hungry this time.

Who is your gynae? Wanna share?
I havent decided on a gynae. Now inclined towards Dr Tan Hak Koon from SGH coz closest to my place. Most gynaes are so out of the way man.

I've got recommendation for Dr Benjamin Tham also. But KK so far.

Anyone has any idea on the pricing for private ward in SGH?

I see! Do u ladies started to hv weird cravings before knowing you are pregnant? I actually kept wanting to drink cold beverages (ice lemon tea & bubble tea etc). Skin started to hv reaction against the usual product that I always use.. hmm.. my first pregnancy was totally different..

hmm... i dun have weird cravings.. but i have morning sickness due to sensitive nose. I'm v sensitve towards coffeeshops and foodcourts.

me too! sensitive nose, kept sneezing in different places.. i guess our body is gonna change day by day.. lets hope for the best
happy.gif

my face suddenly turn dry, red and flaky. my colleagues still ask me what happen to my face.. dun know is it hormone changes or due to weather.
sad.gif
yar lor, pray hard for the best!

does anyone use baby plus? haha.. i used it for my 1st child, seems to have a little impact. gonna used it for 2nd one too.

My ms symptoms for #1and #2 different.. 1, i was always craving for cold fuji apples and pandan snow skin mooncake (yes, in the middle of dec i crave for mooncake. By the tome my confinement over it was mooncake fest, but no more craving liao). #2 i only have bloatedness, gas and
Some heart burn. Sense of taste a bit different. Some food seem spoilt to me while oters think its ok.

But for both pregnancies, thank God no nausea pr
Vomitting. Just extreme tiredness. But hor, my tummy very big liao leh! At Week 6, my tummy is te size of what my tummy was in week 16 of 1st pregnancy! Need to wear mat pants already.. Dunno is it bcos i experience more bloatedness now also.. And i find i cannot sleep on my right side liao, i get breathless.

i kept wanting to eat chicken! i dont tend to eat so much chicken before. esp fried chicken! then we joking coz baby gonna be snake mah. so like chicken loh...

I don't have weird cravings... But just feel hungry all the time!! I'm interested in baby plus. Didn't try that for #1 but intend to try for #2.
My gynae is dr Kek of mt elizabeth.

Hi! Just tested positive last Monday and saw gynae on Friday, should be 5w5d today. It's my first pregnancy, still trying to get used to the idea that I'm actually pregnant, kinda lost on the things I need to do/buy/prepare for.

So far no nausea, no appetite change, no cravings, just feeling more tired and sleepy that usual... keeping my fingers crossed that it'll stay as smooth for the rest of the first trimester. If we can't take caffine, what else can we take to combat the fatigue, esp during working hours?

Any mummies flew during your previous pregnancies? I'm supposed to go to the US at the end of the month for 1.5 weeks. I'm somewhat worried about the risks of travelling, plus doc advised that it could be the peak of morning sickness (8-10 weeks).

Hi Leng!

Congrats! Hmm.. its gd if u could read up articles on pregnancy.. cos it would really help when u face different situations or changes in ur body..

I'm also feeling extra tired.. n i started to hv super sensitive skin too.. no caffinated drinks but u could drink some juices.. eat some biscuits etc..

I flew overseas for business trip on my first pregnancy.. i was 4mths pregnant at the time.. actually we still can travel when we are pregnant.. but we may face some body changes cos may not get used to the food, weather, timing etc n may get ill easily.. try not to go before 4mths cos baby is not stable yet.. oh i still remember i choke SIA's basin when i'm flying on their plane.. didnt managed to react fast hence ended up puke in their basin instead of toilet bowl
sad.gif

Ann: haha.. Ur analogy of snake eat chicken farnie lah...

Congrats leng.. I think nothin can help with keeping us alert and awake man..

Anyone informed ur bosses yet that u r pregnant?

Hi ladies! Congrats to all of u here
happy.gif

I just tested +ve this morning on my DPO14 and is still in a state of shock but happy of coz
happy.gif
as we have been trying since early this year.

This is my #1 & week 4. So far, not much symptoms except breakout on my chin area, slight bearable cramps on both sides of my abdomen (sometimes left, sometimes right) & craving for Chinese soups and chicken essence.

Hope to learn and share the next 8 months or so with all of u here
happy.gif

Omg TTC, <font size="+2"> Hugh Congratulations!</font>

I am so happy for you.
Hope you have a wonderful 9 months ahead.
Do take care ya

That's wonderful ttcing!

I still get some twinging pain on my left lower ab too at 5week+. This is just the uterus area expanding to house a growing little fellow
happy.gif

Yes I've told my boss abt my pregnancy. It's good to let the boss knows before anyone else in the office. She's very happy for me
happy.gif

littleMay/ Augustbee: Baby plus is a prenatal education system for the baby. think start from 18 weeks till you give birth. every week got different lesson to follow.. i found #1 to be quite alert and v easy to take care. V seldom cry. In his 1 hr enrichment class, teacher commented he have long attention span though he's only 11 mth old. thinking of trying on #2 too. hehehe.... no harm trying since i already have it at home.

I got cravings for salted fish steamed pork. oops...

Leng, I travelled alot during my first pregnancy. Flew to Korea(1 week), Europe(2.5 weeks) during 1st trimester &amp; Bali (1 week) during 3rd trimester.. quite safe to travel. no worries. Just be more careful will do.

Hi mtb! I just got a BFP 1 day b4 my period due coz got feeling we strike ;) Now period 2 days overdue, so I guess the BFP isn't false positive huh?

It's my #2 and I've yet to make gynae appointment. Still can't believe I'm preg. Prob test again few days later, double confirm then call gynae.

I'm happy there's a #2 but worried abt my #1 who's 12mths old. As a sahm, it's just me &amp; bb whole day. How to carry her now? Will she resent her sibling if I send her to childcare?

Thanks for sharing, Cath. So it's e-learning kind or there are books/gadgets? So from 18weeks onwards you need to follow the steps everyday? Find it refreshing that you can actually teach/calm a baby before he's even born
happy.gif

I also intend to travel after my 1st trime. Should be ok so long the gynae gives green light.

Augustbee: it's a gadget, strapped around your waist and let your baby listen. Yup, 18 weeks onwards, then start to follow the step. Hopefully #2 also v easy to take care. ** pray hard)

I just booked my airfare. going taiwan once i hit 2nd trimester.

usaginoko: i'm also sending my #1 to childcare once #2 is born. I'm a fTWM, my mum helping me to take care. but i know it's v hard to take care of 2 leh.. no choice lah.

Back