(2013/06) June 2013

Ms E, usually the older folks prefer boys.. Your mum likes girls? But no matter what gender as long as the baby is healthy I believe your will love her grandson too after he's born.

Yah I looked at the insurance plans again, and they do not cover very much even for the congenital defects. I think they won't cover pre-existing conditions either, so not very worthwhile especially since the premiums are prob very high..

Do you have to take anything to control your bp? My friend had pre-eclampsia for her pregnancies so she's always induced at 36-37 weeks.

For me I have very low bp during pregnancy. Around the range of 94/55 so I am always giddy

Absentmama... yah.. cz I already have a boy so mum was looking forward to have a granddaughter.
I was still working and stationed in macau during my first preg. My bp though hit 180+, but the gynae in Macau did not gave me any medication. That's y I chose to fly back to consult Dr Beh and give birth here. When I came back it, I was induced at 38 weeks but ended up in emergency c-sec due to the high bp. Condition is still ok now but I guess it will keep rising as the baby grows.

PSP: yes detailed scan on 20th week whereas oscar scan is between 11-14th week. i signed the FBI before my scans, oscar appt was made from gynae side and when i went down to make pymt i just need to produce the FBI card and will be entitled for discount on scans. i remembered paying about $435 for both oscar & detailed scan after discount. was told by tmc that i pay together will be cheaper.

If I'm not wrong, most of the congenital conditions covered under maternity insurance can be detected via ultrasound, other than the one affecting eyesight due to premature birth. so imo it is not very worthwhile to get the insurance as the actual coverage for those conditions is only 5-10k max..

Janiz
That means you look still slim slim despite beng pregnant !! Treat it like a compliment lol

Ms E
I bought pru first gift when I had my #1 I dont find it really useful because after birth the plan is like a savings plan and the premium is rather high so now it eats into my savings as I became a SAHM.

For #2 I plan to get the essential hospitalization plan first and savings plan for #2 when I have more $ coming in since I have started to be a real estate agent.

Hi mummies, have u all bought your bottles yet? I'm selling the new design avent bottles as I realised I have stocked up Too many. Bottles and teats, will sell them cheaper than what u get in department stores.

Please text me 94759662 okie!

Good morning everyone! Did my scan (17 weeks) last Sat but sadly, can't tell the gender yet. Doc said 'no signs of a boy but also can't confirm that it's a girl'. lol... gotta wait another month for my detailed scan.

was shown my oscar + blood test results, everything is ok. got a bit high blood pressure, but doc said it's ok. i've put on about 6+kg so far, obvious bump. been feeling slightly breathless but movement wise, i don't feel that much a difference as compared to pre-pregnancy.

may all have a good week ahead!
happy.gif

morning mummies!

start of a new week...hopefully more of us will feel our babies kicking!

maybe i'm too used to my stomach growling..sometimes i wonder if i am hungry or is it my baby moving.

blessed week ahead mummies!
happy.gif

all the best Joanne!

all my friends guessing tht i am having a girl...hahaaa...they say coz my bump is small and i still look the same as before!

i was just telling my hubby that nobody gives me a seat on the mrt during peak hours...and u know what he said? 'if i see u on the train i wouldnt give the seat to u too coz i wouldnt think u are pregnant' (-_-")

good morning everyone!!

Wheee!! this week is my 20th week. Half-way mark. Belly started to show, and ppl gave up seats on the bus/MRT, but sad to say is the angmohs and foreign workers.....

BB started to kick more furiously and sometimes in the middle of the night when i wake up for toilet...lolxxx wonder if he/she is protesting or wat..

Girl^Girl..haha..yea! half-way mark...i'm 2+wks from 20 wks....can't wait for my detailed scan.

Hm..just a silly qn to ask..for those of u who did your detailed scan in KKH, do they give u MC after that? can we request for one?

i also didnt buy pregnancy related insurance..think not so necessary...must go find out if really pregnancy insureance can pass on to baby...

my bump also not obvious..no one give me seat on mrt also.. i still wear normal clothes..all my maternity wear all take out oredi not so so lazy to wash...dont really feel like wearing them

i bgt a normal ppl shift dress for CNY.i hope the bump doesnt grow too much before CNY.if not there goes the dress...for now still can wear..hoping n praying the bump doesnt grow really big all of a sudden...

maybe during CNY relatives still cant guess i am preggy.hahaha...

but one veyr obvious sign coz i always wear high heels during normal times..nowadays i wear flat..ppl oredi suspecting y i suddently wear flat..one colleague even manage to guess correctly tt i am preggy due to the change in shoes..like tt also can..so observant lor..

my MIL prefer girls coz she has 3 boys and no girls..so when i had a girl for #2..she really quite happy...at the gynae my hubby some more say ifits girl..me n my MIL will be very happy lor...my hubby more pro boy coz he wants to play soccer with them ...

actually i already suspected my #3 gender liao at 12 week detailed scan...but next round of scan will know for sure..but to me quite indifferent coz i have 1 boy 1 girl..

any one here into not knowing the gender? think most asian will find out as soon as possible..i have a fren..she n hubby know but she doesnt let the rest of the world know......not even the elder girl know the gender or the grandparents..weird hor..but i dont think i can keep such a secret..unless i dont know the secret myself.

oh abt pre natal classes..i went during #1..when its actually D Day..all breathing method all not useful coz in pain....i even told my hubby to shut up coz he was teachingme how to breathe....hahaha..but ok lar..those wiht #1 should just go n bond with hubby during pre natal session...

malbelths> yes u can request MC from ADC at KKH.
happy.gif
i did that for my 13th week scan at ADC as well.

jaime> hahaha..ya lar...suddenly u wear flats mah...
happy.gif
i bought a pair of hush puppies flats as well. Rotate among my crocs and in singapore weather, cannot depend on 1 pair of shoes! ....

jaime / Girl^Girl: i'm still wearing my low heels, but i change to flats in the office (which is something i do even before preg), so nt many pple know.

i recently swapped my BN heels with a mummy for flats...but have been getting blisters with that flats
sad.gif
so may be getting a new pair..haha

Mine also kkh, but is at FMC, not ADC.. date also changed from 30 Jan to 29 Jan

Btw I realised I look pregnant only when I'm constipated.. Or after a meal.. Which means the bump isn't truly there yet, haha..

hi Windy, as usual, i'm always 2 days behind u..haha...my detailed scan going to be on 1 Feb
happy.gif

absentmama: i cant rmb whether shld we be going to ADC or nt...need to see the appt letter which i have left at home
happy.gif

i'm still wearing some of my normal workdresses too, only those more fitting ones cant fit me anymore

Tangbai: Care to share how you brew Pao Shen with Birdnest? How many slices of Pao Shen is moderate and how much does it cost? Cos I am planning to take that.
happy.gif

Joanne - hi 5. I too going for my 16th week scan tomorrow. Hopefully bb will cooperate too. But hub not free to acc mi hence got my mom to go wwith mi.

Mabelths - my colleague was telling mi this morning that a man was fighting seat wwith her in mrt and he got the cheek to smile at her after seeing her bump. Angry lor

I alr started wearing flats when i knew I was preggy. Colleagues also suspected n asks but I denied cos not 3 mths yet. Now as they see my bump they r v certain n din ask again haha..

I alr can't wear almost all my skirts. Time to dig out my loose clothing soon

Anyone has a good remedy for constipation ? Am immuned to prune juice n fruits dun realli help n even fleet to loosen bowels also can't do the job. Guess my body is heaty like volcano. Feel so bloated and a lot of gas in gastric also.

Joanne> yes full day MC...

malbelths> i alrdy got the apptment form/letter together with my apptment booklet ard 2 mths ago. So just staple them together. The ADC at level 2 next to delivery suite recept area.

ling> stupid man lor. Fight with preg mummy. that is why i carry my apptmt booklet in my bag... and then a few days ago i took bus home, then got 1 auntie want to gv up the "inside" seat for me. But hor how to squeeze in???? so i totally reject her and say i dun want. Then another lady gave up her seat for me coz the stupid bus was wobbling ...

Windy? My detailed scan on 13th Feb... looonng wait... Mabelths and u are lucky! Detailed scan coming soon... finally will be able to know the gender and start shoppping!!

Ling: Maybe you can try kiwi and blueberry and also drink warm water in the morning. At least 2 litres a day. Think it will be better to try relieve yourself after a meal.

how i deal with my constipation is by taking plateful potion of fruits.

happymok> the price of pao shen depends on grade n country. US pao shen is beta product. the price of grad can range from less than $20 onwards, so it's really depends how much u want buy. my aunt always put around 1/2dzn slices (3-4in) of pao shen into bird nest; preparartion for 6pax. also depends how strong you want the pao shen.

i carry a bottle of pao shen powder around. when i feel tired or nausea, i'll take a teaspoon of it.

joanne: i pray u can see your bb's gender this coming scan!
happy.gif
ask ur bb cooperate with u..hehe

ling: yea...esp peak hour pple fight seats with u...i think maybe that wierdo smile nt upon seeing the bump...he's just too dense to notice?

i also agree so far only foreigners seem to give up their seats..

as for constipation, i agree with happymok...drink warm water in the morning..and drink lots of water thru-out the day...and i have a very 'unconventional' remedy....eat McDonalds sausage mcmuffin breakfast..hahaa...everytime i eat it, without fail will head to the toilet...dont ask me why?!

jaime: it's petite! hehe..not short
happy.gif
well..petite girls look younger! for me i havent gone to buy a pair of comfy flats yet...so still in my heels

mabelths...petite sound nice..but the reality is short..haha...
i see the melissa jelly flats like very nice..dont know whether comfy or not...nowadays BP got fake chanel, ferragamo flat on sales..tempted to buy..but dont know whethre comfy or not..
but after popping all this goes into cold storage..coz i really dont like flats..also wasted..
my fren says pazzion flat are very comfy...those blink blink ones..

mabelths, agree! after eating sausage mcmuffin breakfast, sure go toilet!! happened to me 3 times already! lol!

i've just booked TMC childbirth edu course by mrs wong boh boi. weekday class starting end mar..
happy.gif

estaefran, me too! I just booked for Saturdays 2-4pm class at AMK... starting 30 Mar... think this timing just right... will end a couple of mths before giving birth... won't forget so easily. hehe

absentmama: Me too! I realised my bump is pretty small when I get up in the morning. It'll 'show' more obviously after my breakfast.

yveyve, yeah, the course seems so informative, quite looking forward to it. initially wanted weekend, but hubby may go overseas on one of the weekends. weekday need to rush over after work, also no time to eat dinner.
sad.gif

Afternoon mothers!

Finally spotting a bump for sure, though no one is asking yet. I've been thinking of signing up for prenatal class at TMC also, but is it only for mothers giving birth there? I'm with KKH though =(

hanaa & qayn: you can sign the pre natal class at www.tmc-sin.com.sg/pwr (gotta use IE). if delivering in TMC, slightly cheaper price about $20-$25 difference. so regardless of which hospital you are giving birth, you can still sign up wong boh boi classes
happy.gif

furthermore with TMC FBI card, still entitled to 5% off the classes.

qayn I attended the kkh prenatal classes before, it's very good too so unless you really like the tmc speaker you can also consider going for the KK one.

jaime: i'm getting some cheap ones too...saw some at mondo going for $9.90 only!

i'm still quite skeptical buying shoes from BP as they are sometimes not comfy

hi all!! so sorry to be inactive as being sahm, i seldom have time and chance to log on my pc. once awhile will read with my phone but its hard to reply.

my angel is back, not much of the language barrier with my myanmar maid but she's a fresh maid with no experience, everything i have to teach from very basic, like she dont even know have to move away stuffs on the floor while mopping. so anything she sees, like a shoe box or a toy, she just mop around it! and a lot more other things to talk about. how's your boy new cc?

kis, hope your boy has adapted to pg already. how's he doing now? my maid can understand english but have to slowly say it to her, cos i think different accent and tone, she have to listen a few times to get what I say.

hapieger, my first payment was around $4k too cos is a fresh maid, i have to pay the first 7 months loan of hers to agent first. yes, they are kinda slow, and somemore no experience really make things worse. my blood boils everyday. comm problem still okay as she can understand me but when i speak too fast, she dont get it, but she just nod her head and go off. nowadays, i will ask her so she nod head is understand me or answer yes to my question? then no response from her, i will ask her again my question and ask "yes or no?" she will tell me No.

I realise my this round pregnancy, I've no patience at all. keep scolding the maid when i'm not a hot/quick temper person. really thinking if i should let go and not having a maid. haiz. but preggie now with a girl and bring her to school, then cook can be quite taxing. I didnt let my maid take care of my girl at all. she only here to do housework and assist me in whatever things i need. she also cant react much to my girl's danger like her hand already reaching out to touch a hot cover from the wok, the maid can just look at her and stone there. this kind of thing i dont knw how to teach her already. thought is common sense. really v pek chek to have a maid at times.

anger will affect baby hor. i feel so bad. my first pregnancy i was still working and everyday can chat with colleagues, go out for fresh air during lunch, do what I want during weekend. Now i'm really like a yellow face housewife, everyday just cook, take care of my girl and now to take care a maid. Have to learn to control my emotion better for the little one in my tummy now. I remember I only angry once during my first pregnancy and bcos of work at office, but v fast cool off already cos have ppl to talk to.

CL: I have engaged one during my 5th wk. very kaisu this time, cos scare good CL are all booked. last time my CL cost was $1.9k (2yrs back), now should be $2.3 / $2.4k last time AB I gave $20 each for come and leave, cos dont feel she did a good job and keep chasing the "ai" show that time. Ya, if did a good job, i will give more on the leaving-AB.

some of you already did detailed scan! im only going for 16th wk scan this week. hee!!

Absentmama, ya the insurance is like investment link policy.. Guess me and hubby more kiasu for 1st kid. If no issues just treat it as a savings plan for the BB...

I'm 20 weeks this week but Gynae only planning to do detailed scan on 22 weeks so still gotta wait. But tomorrow is routine check so hopefully can see gender!

Shan991 - hope your baby cooperates tmr! Yah I guess our posts about genetic conditions can be a bit frightening
happy.gif

Qayn - you need to look under "kkh antenatal classes". You will quite a lot of info, the classes are very popular so you might try and see if there is any vacancies. They also have aqua aerobics etc quite a lot classes you can sign up for if you're inclined to do so.

Regarding insurance, I ask around b4, I think only AXA and prudential have it n both will convert into an ILP policy under baby. Personally I dun like ILP policy so decided not to take up.

Cherrry,

My first maid was fr Myanmar too..starting very hardworking..slowly cut corner le..I saw it but kept quiet..also nvr pass my boy to her too..they r like wood..always love to go out with us..

My boy still crying at pg..today nvr go sch cos flu n diarrhea..tml I think might stay at home too..still diarrhea..

This Pino maid not bad..know how to take care of children..but v quiet..sometimes also dunno she understand or not..

i had my 20 wk scan today too.

hi joanne, ling, vivi, corinang, cherry,

thanks for sharing. may i know where u found your confinement ladies? i called up the agencies n the prices r comparable to what u posted here. but the agencies will charge the cl a fee right? so why would good cl want to be under the agencies??? hmm....

hi kome,

i'm also settling my #1 into p1.

Hi och, so u managed to catch a glimpse on bb gender? Im waiting for my detailed scan next friday, been wanting to start some bb stuff shopping haha

I got my CL through my friend. Saw her CL during her confinement n decided to book her. u got a point... if CL is good how come under agency. Could it be they are secured a min sum of salary?

Back