(2013/06) June 2013

noscon, the lady from Mt A said that disturbance from the construction should be minimal. Recently was considering other hospitals but likely will stick to Gleneagles. Haven't scheduled any hospital tour yet.

Ladies, how does Brixton Hicks contractions feel like? A few times I felt my bump tightening and some pressure on the pelvis, especially if I've walked some distance (I still walk pretty fast).

Baby's movements are vigorous sometimes, lately I felt it 'pushing' or thumping on my uterus? It was quite uncomfortable! It also seems to be moving a few spots at a time.

Braxton hicks is like tightening. ..I will gauge by pressing on my tummy n usually v hard then when it can b pressed means its over..also generally not pain..jus uncomfy...

Mt A if u go v early its ok..when I bring my boy to the PD there..aometimes afte 10am they tell me full..only drop off n we hafta park opposite...so tt was the deterring factor for me..

Tricia..I agree w the others..pls take HL ifnu can....u n ur baby's health is most impt..if touch wood..u go into labour early then who is gonna b responsible. ..I learnt tt it is easy for ppl to judge us but we r the ones who hafta live w the consequences...so its better to look after ur own interest..take care k

tricia, is your backache in rhythm with the cramping? i agree with the rest, ignore the colleagues who are giving you stares. can you ask your gynae to give you mc for a few days to rest?

hi all, been busy these few days. spent entire afternoon at expo last Sat. thanks to the shared info here, managed to get some stuffs such as:
- A&A muslin swaddles
- Goo.N diapers
- Rompers
- Mustela stretch marks cream
- Avent bottles and sterilizer (now saw that mothercare fair got better deal.. cheesh...)
- pillow and bolster

saw the quinny zapp xtra 2013 and like how it looks. any reviews on this? online video shows that it's quite troublesome to fold leh..

For breastpumps, i'm more inclined to the medela ones. do we need two?

as for hospital tour, i went for the gleneagles maternity tour. all seem pretty good. the wards are peaceful have got the cosy feel. was advised to request for labour wards with hot shower as not all are equipped with it. there's not much difference between the 1-bedded and the next level up.

----> Tricia, i can't believe your colleagues are behaving this way.
sad.gif
if it's me, i'll probably take HL to rest during this period. you take care!

our baby most likely will be named Alexandra.
happy.gif
for chinese name, we've got a few in mind, but need to consult our geomancer to confirm.

We very old-fashioned, going with either Michael or Charles (charlie). V traditional names
happy.gif

So far the kids and my hubby have been going "baby Charlie, baby Charlie" day in day out so most likely the latter

Hi all, tks for your advise... My cramping and back aching is constantly there, ytd juz carried the wok to wash.. Juz exert tat bit of pressure the cramping goes to my left labia bony area.. It's very disheartening.. I'm a healthcare wrker so require movement around and do some procedure, my parent and hubby all pressed on me to resign but I love my current job plus medical benefit etc also muz put into consideration... I will juz hang on take HL, my MC juz left few days .... I need to take AL also not approved- tis is crazy

Tricia: i think u ask your gynae to give u HL..i'm not sure if u can take all 16 days at once, which is what my sis did and your employer will have to give it to you with valid reasons...yes u may be 'discriminated', but baby is more impt, so do not strain yourself too much and have ample rest ok?

if u love your role in healthcare, i think if u join a govt org eventually, they may treat you a little more fairly on such leave as well.

take care and i hope u will feel better after resting!

estaefran: wow~ i feel i havent bought that much...haha...only got breastpumps, booked post-natal massage, got pillow+bolster, some rompers, socks and shoes..as for stretchmark creams, got them once i got preggy (KS right?) hahaa

havent gotten the milk bottles, diapers, swaddles yet.

Zaraa: yep, we are naming our girl - Nicolette Tracy
happy.gif
have been calling her by her name already. Chinese name got a few that we're still deciding which one. Hubby is easy but parents more picky..haha

estaefran, I spent 5.5hrs at the fair on saturday also lo.. bought the bb cot, A&A swaddles, Ameda breast pumps, Maxi cosi infant chair, babybjorn carrier and some ad hoc little cute mitten/booties... it was soooo tiring but worth it... haha

Heloo everyone ...

Today i also feel cramping but then shortly the cramping makes me go toilet... I dont know if that is braxton hicks or just stomachache but the ache is like those crampy feel....

Zaraa
We have confirmed #2 's English name to be Evette. #1 has my initial so #2 will take daddy's initial.

Chinese name tentatively we have one but must see whether suitable or not.

Think I am quite KS also. I have brought swaddles, mitten & booties, milk bottles, rompers, handkerchiefs, got 1 Avent single electric breastpump, Avent disposable breastpads, carrier & cloth diapers.

Should have most of the items already. :p Enjoying my shopping. Still considering if there is a need for me to go to the mothercare fair or not.

Zaraa, the names we had thought about were Andrea, Chloe, Sarah and Joey. have fun, still got time to decide. hehehe..

Tricia, quite horrifying that they will deny a pregnant staff AL. even more ironic when you are working in a healthcare environment. did you gynae prescribe you medication for the cramping? usually when i experience fatique or back pain, i will take MC/AL. hubby also disapprove me to go to work as baby and health is the top priority.

mabelths, i you've gotten the more essential stuffs. for breastpumps, i walk to and fro between avent and medela then got so confused. lol, in the end, didn't buy. u r not kiasu to get the stretchmark cream, coz i've been using it regularly too. lol..

yveyve, ya, it was quite fun to stroll around leisurely, looking at baby stuffs. just don't like being approached by the aggressive insurance and cordlife people. :p also saw the baby crawling contest, duper cute. :D

seems like everyone have a good buy from the expo sales.. anyone got playpen? im looking for a budget type cos need to buy two..

anyone have a nice english name starting with 'Z' for bb gal..? im thinking of zoey but wish to have more options.. (=

and hor, have you all start planning for baby full month celebration? venue, catering, full month package etc..

Zaraa

For girls, I thought Leah, Sophie, madeline are not bad....
happy.gif

Any ideas for boys?! Cracking my head but can't find any I like, not to mention Chinese names... Oh a bit panicking....

Tricia
Do rest well and have plenty of bed rest.... Take care

Mt A
I just talked to my gynae. I don't know whether he's having a bad day or fed up with people asking to deliver at Mt A, he doesn't seems happy when I told him I want to deliver there. He just told me in case of emergency, he might not be able to make it on time(like underlying threatening me like that). Some more he look ok until I mention this matter, seems like a sore spot for him. Aiya, it will seems like I'm an unresponsible mom if I choose Mt A from the way he explained to me, so frustrating cos I'm so bent on delivering there..... Sigh
sad.gif

Baby plus
Anyone using this? Does it work?
happy.gif

noscon: i guess best to discuss with your gynae on where he is comfy to deliver at. for me that was a choice of consideration when i chose my gynae. i'm also bent on delivering at Mt A, that's why chose Dr Kang who's there, also after recommendation by my friends who was with her
happy.gif

absentmama - i love the name charlie!!! haha hubby n i were tempted to name our girl tt..but we figured in asian context very hard to pple to accept a 'boy's' name for a girl so dont want her to be misunderstood or made fun of..but nice!!!
happy.gif

we went thru sooooo many names ..i like traditional names too..n hubby n i cldnt agree..but jus before we found out gender we standby a girl n boy name..jus like we did for #1..hehe..we r naming her Isabella...yes we like long names..or at least I do..and also we look for more biblical names with gd meaning
happy.gif

Mabelths
I know he prefer Tmc cos he persuaded many of his patients to change to tmc. His clinic is under Tmc but I didn't realize how much he "prefer" tmc until I spoke to him today cos his package actually allows us to either deliver at tmc or mt a so I thought I can choose later...sigh

Vivi
Evette seems nice in writing, how do you pronounce it?
happy.gif

Hapieger
I will let you know if I come across any nice Z gal name...
happy.gif
for first month, I'm thinking of a small intimate lunch with family, though parents want a party. I saw in this forum that Marriott has got children birthday and first month packages...might try there.... As for first month cakes, I have not thought about it, might be begawan solo again....

Noscon
It should be prounuced as E - vette something like yvette.
happy.gif
Thanks for the compliment, I still find that 2 syallable makes it easier than 3...

Hugs some gynae are like this especially those under the TMC panel they will still persuade to go with TMC because some gynaes if not wrong stay at that area and their clinics are based there.

Hapiegal
What about Zelia?

thanks noscon mummy.. i tot of keeping it simple too but our families are already 60 pax.. and july happened to be my #1's 3rd birthday, so just make it big! haha..

thanks vivi mummy.. will suggest to my HB.. haha.. happened to came across another bb gal name using the link provided by mabelths... Zoelle.. how about it?

hello mummies!

Wow, seems like most of you have bought much stuff already!! So far......I have only spent a bomb on carters and oshkosh clothings online for my baby!

Am heading down to the mothercare fair after my gynae visit this Friday. Hoping to get the A&A swaddle and avent bottles and sterilizers. I suspect I will have alot more to buy once I reach the fair!! Better finish up with my research!

Take care all you mummies!

I had like mad backache yesterday night. Climb in and out of bed like an old woman. Cant believe it's another 3-4 months before we pop! Cant help but feel that I will somehow miss the pregancy period once baby is out! hah.

First month celebration, are most of you doing it at home?

hello all mummies,

Woah.. seems like many have started thinking of names and bought baby stuffs already.

I have not done so and come to think of it, our due date is like another 3 to 4 mths time only.

I am sourcing on breast pumps now and decided on Medela breast pumps.

Just to check if any bought breastpumps from amazon before?

Fefe
for me I will do it at the hotel since I have about 50-60 paxs and I am doing it at 1 seating. My house not enough to do and I dont want to clean up the house after that.

noscon mummy, saw the Marriott website... its not cheap at all.. $65++ per pax, min 50 pax.. which can be $4k++! OMG! and my budget is only 1k! )=

for me i think 1st mth will do at home ba. Shd be ordering sweetest moments cakes for relatives/solo vouchers for colleagues etc... and a buffet lor.... my house walkway can put buffet... but a bit small lar. hotel buffet/package more expensive, so dunnoe if we wanna spend the $$$
happy.gif

Actually I think gynaes have preference for hospital as they may be more used to the ppl and facilities they always deliver at, such as the midwives, nurses etc. And I think usually it is where their clinic is located so it's easy for them to go check on you during the day, and go back to their clinic. My gynae only delivers at Mt E cos her clinic is there

chevelle, can order through awaybabyessentials instead of Amazon. I believe their pricing is better. Take note if order Freestyle will incur GST.

We have not decided on name as well... Chinese name will go look for the expert after baby is born

Baby first month probably do at function room as per #1. For first month cakes, I'm thinking of ordering from JB Lavender cos their Lapis really v nice. But seems like no email address, think I need to give a call and figure out how it's gonna get into SG. I ordered from Sweetest Moments for #1

i also dun wan to hold it at my place for the full month celebration.. thinking fren's condo function room... but just cant decide on the date cos i dunno when will she pop.. sigh...

mummies, wheres and when is the mothercare fair? any good deals on playpen <$90n or any other good deals?

for buffet, im looking at chilli api &amp; bliss (my fren's)...

for full month cake, im looking at chozconfectionary, sweetest moments or bakerzin voucher

ang ku kuey/glutinous rice/red eggs.. havent source yet..

hmmm... will probably host the first month celebration at home or rent the pavilion space downstairs for lunch buffet. tried spicevillage for our housewarming recently and the food's pretty good!

also received some sweetest moments vouchers/discount coupons from the dumex welcome pack, so most prob will order from sweetest moments. my colleague used them before and i thought the packaging is simple and nice.
happy.gif

Heard pine garden not bad too...yup also bought sweetest moment for families n begawan voucher for colleagues last time....

As for cakes I dont know if I want sweetest moment because like it looks so little while the traditional kind is the whole cake.
But their stuff is nice and packaging nice. I ordered their cupcakes for #1's birthday and the cake taste nice.

I ordered Bengawan Solo for my first but the service SUPER SUCKS and I scolded them and complained but the management did not bother to get back to me.

Hapieger
They hv cakes for full month celebration....
happy.gif

Chewie
Thanks for replying... I understand what you saying...let me elaborate, my gynae office is not physically inside Tmc. If it is, then I understand why he prefer tmc. His package states we can choose bet 2 hosp so I think he should not discourage his patients in this way. Just very unfortunate, he prefers one more than the other. For me, I heard good things about mt A service level, so decided to go there. Got to discuss some more with hubby before we decide...
happy.gif

Vivi
Yup... Most likely I'm ordering from them too.... Their lychee martini n black forest cakes quite ok.... Then i will add some cute cupcakes n ang gu kueh....GAO din!

Vivi
I'm not sure...never order from them. I will go down to "trial test" first before ordering then go from there....heehee

Back