(2013/04) April 2013

Mummypooh: Can understand how you feel. Best is to talk to baby before the scan and ask baby to be cooperative so that everything can be done quickly. =)

Sam: Oh that's good to hear! For my #1, I was dilated 4cm at 36 weeks+, but i didn't know cos couldn't feel any contractions, and was still going to work, shopping, etc! Hopefully #2 stays inside for longer!
happy.gif

Junebunny: I see...

Angela: Aries is also good! Hehe...

Macam: good luck! Can't wait for mine! 11 oct... So far away. Can't wait to see baby again
happy.gif

JTS: there's a baby market from 5-7 oct at expo! Can't wait to top up diapers and fm for my #1. Hoping I can do bottle exchange too... http://www.babymarket.com.sg/

Hi, thanks mtbs
happy.gif

just did my scan, doc say got a lot of gas so he had hard time scanning, daphne how was yours? Hubby was saying baby face look like him but to me I can't see much lol. Good luck to mothers awaiting results and those that going to scan soon!
happy.gif

Shhh,
Every bb is diff, hence no hard and fast rule that #2 will come out faster than #1

Macam,
I tot OSCAR done by hospital staff not doctor?

Good morning mtbs!

The rain this morning made me very sleepy. Was hoping today's Saturday instead so I can sleep in.

Woke up at 3am and had tummyache. I was pretty frustrated coz I wanna sleep. In the end I ended up farting for 10 mins in the toilet! I wonder where did all the gas come from! Goodness! Hubby laughed non-stop when I told him about it. Any mummies experience that? I don't remember having so much gas for my No. 1.

Angela,

Same as u. My tummy also bloated w gas, when i sleep also feel v uncomfy. Must find d gd position to rest my bloated tummy!!

Haiz both preg with #1 and #2 now i have a lot of gas.. It always comes out when i am vomitting.. So when i am vomitting it becomes quite embarressing... Hope it ends soon....

Me too. Bloatedness is worse at night for me, always feel so full, so end up skipping dinner. Mornings are not too bad, so I end up eating alot for breakfast, haha

Dear all, I received many request. Pls be patient. I will add you all soon.

Andy: I dont know how to answer your question. Currently the group is called April Mommies. You are the 1st daddy here! Let me ask them.

Hi All, had been so busy with work and lost touch in the forum. Will still be busy till at least next week, suffocating with my work stuff. I need a break soon.
sad.gif

I am going for my OSCAR next monday and seeing my doc on wed for the results, feeling excited. What are the things we need to take note of? Any special position for the baby to be at? Need to start telling my baby every night now. Looking forward to next thursday whereby I can finally announce to everyone about the good news. I had run out of bottoms, couldn't wear my jeans and pants. Even my skirts are tight now.
sad.gif
Any suggestions to buy clothings?

Lee: what request are you referring to?

bb burger: Request to join facebook group.

Andy: They prefer the group to be mommies only cause can discuss sensitive issues. Sorry. We can always chat with daddies here.

Hi lee! EDD 11 may 2013
happy.gif
but csect date yet to cfm.. So basically am in limbo between apr and may 2013..

Seen gynae ytd
happy.gif
can see bb's hb yay!
happy.gif

For those who has PM me, pls check your email.

Added to fb:
Hinohana
Ava_m
Cloudee
Jocelynyl

Fail to add as search not enabled on fb:
Wongval
Alicelui

Hello everyone, finally crossed 12wks, so dare to join this thread!

Can I join the fb group?

EDD: 6 April 2013
Baby #: 1
Gynae: Dr LC Foong
Hospital: Gleneagles
Area: Central

My email is: [email protected]

Looking fwd to chatting with everyone!

hi mtbs! I'm expecting my #1. hope that the little Bb will be fine and healthy. had MC in may, was devastated. so cross fingers this is good. going for my Oscar on the 4th. usually how long does it take? intend to take leave the whole day and wait in the hospital.

nick: chillypadi
EDD: 18 April
Baby: #1
area: NE
gynae: Dr kenneth lee
hospital: mt a

can add me in fb group? [email protected]
thx!

Bb burger, for Oscar scan it's to see if your baby has down's syndrome, so they will check for nasal bone length cos that's a good indication and sign of down's. They also check for other chromosomal abnormalities. Usually this time can't tell the baby's gender yet though, but you can ask baby to move more during the scan cos need to see his/her face
happy.gif
if I recall it takes about 1 hour, and you may need to do a blood test to see if you are HIV positive etc hehe. At least that's what my gynae's clinic did at TMC.

Cloudily: thanks for the add! But I'm still not in the group hehe...

Thanks Cloudily for the add too... but I don't know how to acknowledge the invite - where can I find it on my fb?? Help anyone? :p

Thanks Lee! I will PM you soon on my email address.

Hinohana, u mean from the Oscar scan they will be able to tell if baby has down's syndrome? I always thought it is the blood test that determines the result. This means I can announce my good news on Monday instead, right after my Oscar scan. So happy. I am also doing my Oscar scan at TMC. My appointment is very early at 8 plus. Will have to wake up very early, so hope my baby is not sleepy at the time of scan.

hi Lee, thanks for the update. no problem, I understand.
happy.gif

piyo- I think my wife is the only mom who don't use fb. ..lol she is using my account in her phone. ..maybe can track me if I happen to chat with other gals. .lol

11week today. already arrange appt for down test next mon...hopefully everything will go on smoothly. she is quite worry as she is 35 this year and she know that the risk will get higher when age go up. .

btw, any mom choose kkh tps? is there any package for the doc? I mean my gal got some kind of package when we visit doc heng last time. .something like you pay $600 from 3 month onward and all the visit to the doc will be included.

Hi all this is my 2nd preg. #1 was borned in Dec 2010.
May all mummies have a happy and smooth pregnancy ahead!

Nick tanlj_17
EDD 28 Apr 13
Baby # 2
Area Jurong
Gynae AProf Mary Rauff
Hospital NUH
Email [email protected]

Hi all

Any idea when we can get the blood test result ah? i too kan jeong already

Lee, Can add me yo the FB grp?

Nick: Macam
EDD: 11 Apr 2013
Baby # 1
Area: Jurong
Gynae: Doc Henry cheng
will pm u my email
thakns

Macam,

You mean Oscar test results? The last time I did it via TMC, gotta it within same day. I did the test early in the morning, by 5+ review with gynae

The forum is quiet today! Just curious, mummies - what are some of your greatest fears, regarding pregnancy and labour?
happy.gif

For me, I think it's an emergency c-section. I was blessed with a pretty easy birth for #1, and I've heard many stories about how my mummy friends ran into difficulty and last min, gotta go for e-c-sec. It terrifies me!

Hi mummies,

I've been a silent reader for quite sometime coz was busy taking care of my #1 daughter after her cleft operation and the past one week she had vomit+diarrhea due to stomach virus. Anyway my #1 is a Nov 2011 baby, and I'm currently expecting my #2.

Lee, I've pm-ed you my request to join the FB group.

EDD: 3rd April 2013
Baby#: #2
Gynae: John Tee
Hospital: KKH
Area: Jurong West

Hi all, done with my Oscar test this morning. Everything went smoothly. Didn't spend much time waiting probably Coz I m at the early slot.

Baby in right position, but sonographer said baby a bit active, wriggling, a bit hard to take the measurements. Heehee. Sonographer showed us the thing between the thighs but said it's too early to determine gender Coz both gender will have that small thing between thighs during early development. Do the rest whom did the Oscar test also hv the same experience?

Hi Shan, registration, waiting time, scan plus blood test about 35mins.
happy.gif

Will be seeing my doc on wed for the results. So looking forward!!
happy.gif

Back