(2013/01) Jan 2013

blurblur: feeling very bad... sleepy...
berries: go and see see look look that shop..
bliss_ling: my gynae Dr kenneth edward lee has a clinic at Mt A medical centre, basement and another clinic at Marsling there... He is gd..
happy.gif

Cheryl and trevi: if we get BFP this time round. bbq'd likely born next year 20 odd Jan 13.. just in time for dragon tail? but confinement on cny..
sad.gif
lol

shirley

ib can be brown, pink or red. my 1st preg is just saw 1 time of red streak only, den again it varies from people.

monitor again.

Jlau: ya, its normal that the pills will make u giddy and nauseous... I'm on it too as I've got the cramps and blood clot was found beside the sac...

Oscar is not compulsory, but I'll be doing the test 5 weeks later as I feel it's gd to knw abt baby's condition.

thanks Cheryl!!
happy.gif

i'm grabing and collect bb dust here everyday.. haha.. kiasu!

okie purplewish, tink will go over and see see look look over some weekends..

Berries, courageous81, Cheryl: hopefully spot on!!! But should I go check soon?? or too early? really wanna see BFP.. sorry for the precious post. should be bb not bbq'd.

Tres: Congrats!! Spread your bb dusts to us!!!

Ally: Catching the dust here!

Tres: Congrats!

Berries: Jia you! my no# 1 is 16mths now

Shirley: Yes. In time for Dragon tail. CNY 2013 starts 10 Feb 2013
My no# 1 was Jan 2011 Tiger tail..

shirley

try to test after 3-4 days later. meanwhile monitor. cos it it ib, need to wait for hcg to increase b4 u can test

thanks all , mummies!!!

berries, dun worry / stress.. if stress, not good for trying too ;-P

sorry ah, what is BFP? IB? New to such terms?

wah, Cheryl, this time #2 also tio CNY? How did you cope the previous time? DId you still go out and pai nian?? If all going well, we will be having confinement during CNY lor, gone are the yummy food leh!!!

tres

as i was staying with in law tat time, i was grounded at home loh. ppl come bai nian, i just stay inside room. >< and ya no nice food for cny

i havent tio #2, hoping ..
happy.gif

BFP=big fat positive IB=implantation bleeding bleeding

ah i see! Thanks Cheryl.

As said, dun stress ba.... affect chances...
have you tried using ovulation indicator?? I used and tio mine on the 2nd try!

Tres: BFP - big fat positive, IB - implantation bleeding

trevi: so good.. Two year end babies.. can celebrate together. two layer cakes.

Cheryl: hcg will double up every day right? I will tahan.. 2ww is real pain.. especially to someone like me with no patience. lol

courageous81: will test again few days later.. When's your next appt with gyne? know your edd already?

Hi All, tested postive yesterday and spotting in the evening. Went to see a GP and did HCG. I have been having cramps for the last 2 weeks. Did u/s at Radiology clinic and found tat I have small amount of fluid (?blood) in the fundal endometrial cavity.
sad.gif

Currently 4w pregnant and EDD is 20 Jan

I am currently staying in OZ and hoping to fly back end of the month to have my gynae check if everything is alright..

Baby dust to all..

TRES!!! u just reminded me of the yummy food that i'll be missing out on this coming CNY!!! Although my EDD is 1 jan, but maybe bb comes out early huh...in time to gorge???

Courageous81: I feel you. think on the bright side.. the moment you're tested positive, its the start of the never ending worries. I guess I will feel the way you're experiencing now once I test BFP. can.I check.with you, did your af went haywire after the mc or still remain. regular?

hmmm..mine still alright leh. ard 32 days cycle. and i gt BFP just after two cycles of AF in March and April. urs went haywire?

tres

ya used o kit &amp; it my 1st time using it. nvr got positive den i run out opk rite. so i just monitor discharge.

shirley

yes once it implanted. the hcg will increase, they will advise test after 3-4 days after the implantation bleeding.

Courageous81: mine suppose a 28 days cycle.. but af came 3 weeks later after d&amp;c. So abit paranoid now.. Super Jia let..

Cheryl: thanks for sharing.. I need lots of baby dust.. going to get the watson pregnancy test kit later.

Anyone going testing soon?

Hi shirley, thks n I'm in my 5th weeks;) I knw the waiting time is very frustrating and really killing u but no choice, just hv to wait patiently n stay positive ok!!! Preferably to test at least one day after ur missed period. Watson got sell cassette type with urine stopper, can't rem the brand but I personally feel this is gd n abt $8. Cheaper than clear blue.U can give it a try;)
Hi Dorie, thks for ur advice cos tot must hv doc guarantee chop before seeing gynae;) nw I feel lesser symptoms compared to last wk except easily get hungry..is this normal?

Attn to all mummies to be, lets spread more baby dust to all and welcome more dragon babies!!!
My hubby is overjoyed that we manage to get dragon bb in 'snake' yr cos less competitive &amp; less bb crowd to this yr, u knw enroll child to infant care, sch,etc..

Courageous, think n stay positive, well, I had a MC before I had my bb girl. During then I was rather paranoid as well but thanks to God's blessing, she is now a healthy 14 mth old toddler.
In fact, for this bb, I kinda have the same fear... As I dun want to get thru that again... So I'm telling myself to remain positive... God will help me thru!!!

Ally, if ur EDD is 1st jan, full month is ard 1st feb?? Still can eat CNY stuff right ??

CNY
Lol, can eat it all before CNY! But we will get so fat the gynae might scold :p

I'll just have a good Christmas party with turkey and ham and the works!

Gynae
Still not sure... Mt E? Mt. A? NUH? Maybe I should just toss a coin
sad.gif

Year end/ year beginning child
I like year end child. I know many parents who have read Outliers will be familiar with the theory of Jan child being ahead of classmates...but to me, Jan child like 留级生, ahead but older, anyway :D. And it seems an awful waste of time to be physically a year older and studying the same thing as your 'peers'. Lol... I'm a Jan child myself and I hate to think I'll be a year older by the time the bb comes!

That's just another way of looking at things from the perspective of a Jan mummy la
happy.gif

Hi all, i'm back from bkk.. When i alighted e flight, went toilet.. Gosh see red.. Ok well.. I tot missed it again... Den when i reached hm, noting leh till this morning.. I decided to go see gynae... Tested and noting appear so gynae n i continued to tok den line slowly appear.. Haha. But it's kinda of faint though

Keeping fingers crossed.. Gynae say to monitor and test again nxt wk if no AF.. Meanwhile taking hormone pills to 'protect' in an event it is..

My gynae funny.. He say seems like it is positive but den again dunwan to cfm yet..

*keep fingers crossed*

Ladies... I have to say byebye to this thread liao... AF reported this evening while I was at my girls' ballet class. So looks like this should be the end of my TTC journey bah. Next year 40yo liao... if I continue on, my next child might be just a few years older than my first grandchild... hahahahaha.... cannot lah!

You all have a wonderful pregnancy journey... enjoy each step... esp the 2nd trimester when most of you should start to feel better... thank you for putting up with this very imaginative old lady... unfortunately, my imagination is more fertile than my reproductive system... haha.

Enjoy being a Jan mummy... I shall remember to pop by when you all start popping...
happy.gif
those with december edds who are trying for jan babies... dong ok?! every night psycho baby to wait a little longer... heehee.

4season: the symptoms will go on and off one... no problem... it's just liddat... so you have better days than others... just rejoice on days when you don't feel so lousy, and look forward to good days when you are having a lousy one... and remember, it will soon pass, and before you can even blink, you will have a baby in your arms.
happy.gif
and then you blink a few more times, the baby will be 12 years old. hahahahahaha.
happy.gif

b3ll: hope all goes well with you! *fingers crossed*

tres: test positive means positive liao... no need gyn confirm one...
happy.gif
unless it is the very remote chance that its a "chemical" pregnancy... but those are quite rare. congratulations!!!

ally: awww, thanks... but there are other experienced mommies here too!
happy.gif
I'm sure they can help you too. In fact, some of my info might be outdated!!!

OSCAR: I think I never did the OSCAR testing... not for any of my three. I was quite young with my first, then after my first, my doc knows that I don't want to do any testing because I won't abort anyway, so he also never refer me for testing... so I also dunno whether it's compulsory or what... all I know is, I have never done it. I made my stand clear to my doc, and he is a Christian too, so he understood my position, so he never asked me to go for counselling or anything again.
happy.gif
even when my #3 showed red flags at the detailed scan.
happy.gif

I think it was on this thread that we were talking about children with special needs... I pray that all your children will be perfectly healthy and normal and wonderful... but I will just share with you that my 3 children actually all are special needs children. They go to mainstream schools, but my eldest is on the autism spectrum with aspergers and dyslexia, my second has dyslexia and my third has sensory processing disorder. these are all hidden disabilities that you don't see from the get go... so i pray that you never need advice in this area, but should you, I'm just a PM away.

That's why I said, moms of special needs kids just have to step up, and rise to the occasion and deal and manage and adjust expectations... it's not tragic... my kids bring me much joy... and they are a joy to their teachers as well... I'm so proud of them.
happy.gif

OK, very long liao... all the best everyone!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hey Dorie
Hate to see you go, you have been such an inspiration :D . Don't really leave ok. Come by often.

And don't lose heart. 40 is not that old. I come from a family of old mothers... My sis gave birth to her 4th at 39
happy.gif
if the Lord is willing, we will never know.

You are a great mother. Children are a blessing (rem Ps 127?), I'm sure God will richly bless you and your family.

Haha I was still hoping to meet you in real person :p

Awww, fullhouse, thanks for the encouragement. Yes, children are indeed a blessing from God... heh, ok, I shall pop by once in a while... but the thread moves quite fast... I'm very sure after a while i will be lost. heehee.

haha, you can always add me in FB. PM me and I'll tell you how to find me. heh.

Dorie : i feel so touched when i see your posting.. Dont say byebye to this thread can.. im already missing u now!!! oh dear n aso after seeing ur post i feel my chances of BFP reli no more le..but i jus bought the watson test kit. really hope i wont waste the kit. is either my af report these few days so i dont need to use the kit.. Jiayou jiayou! you are a great mummy !! but i reli missed u lei.. Or dorie if my af comes can we form another new thread n chat there cos i loves to see ur postings..

awww, you ladies make me wanna cry (silly hormones!)...

blurblur: you must jiayou ok? heehee... even if AF come, you must keep on jiayou.... don't give up... don't stress but don't give up ok? heh. aiyoh, start new thread? errr... the overimaginative moms thread? heehee.... you can always find me in FB... hahahahahaha...

berries: awwww, no lah... plenty of ppl in here also to give lots of that...
happy.gif
you take care ok?

dra: i just saw your post! we must have cross posted! congrats! my #3 was also liddat... faint positive at doc's.... jiayou!!! hang in there! im sure there will be good news when you go see doc again!!!!

Dorie i pm u my email addy le. U add me okie??

Dorie : Im not sad cos i get BFN this morning.. cos im scared if im diagnosed with anything wrong with my body.. im thinking of my kids lah.. i think too much le huh?? Actually like i said earlier if im reli preggie i will revd an unexpected pressie. If not i wont be too sad as my hub wanna a snake bb, n i dont think this is the right period to have bb.. But if have we will be happy too.
happy.gif

Dorie : yup yup..I add u le
happy.gif
happy.gif
My dear.. Haaa i deleted your postings saying "we have mutual friends and they are from TTC group" haha cos i dont want to let ppl know im in this thread lolxx. u dont mind hor??

anyway, today mi seems to feeling better le. As in those symptoms, jus constantly hungry which is my pms..And also my breast like pain pain.. Now i feel wet down there.. So i thinking AF might come .. Maybe after seeing those BFN postings, my mind "send message" to my internal organs and ask them to stop all the symptoms so i wont think too much kekee..

Hi all, I am currently week 5 as per what my gynae told me yesterday! Am really excited and happy as this is my 1st =) cant wait to go back after 2 weeks to hear bb heartbeat.

I have many questions wish to know eg:

1)Do you all still continue using skin care and make up? (heard that some skin care and make up is not gd for bb)

2) What cannot drink or eat anymore? (heard that cannot drink cold drinks anymore, seafood also)

3) When you all start to inform your closes friends and colleagues? ( I heard ppl saying better to only announce after 12 weeks but sometimes is really bo bian and when ppl suspect and ask you)

Any1 can help? hee.....

blur: oops... sorry... eh, but those are not from this TTC group leh... those were from my TTC'08 group... how come you know them? were you there too? hahahahaahha... no problem.... heehee... yeah, i still have some "symptoms" too, but i guess it's just PMS symptoms bah.

candy: i thinkyou have to research which chemicals are no good. i'm not very good at such things, but i generally don't use makeup etc, so i wasn't too bothered.

for me, i eat and drink anything, i can't be bothered also. basically, i am very naughty one. hahahahaha.

as for informing, for me, i will tell after the 6wks scan, when we see the heartbeat and all is well. we tell friends because we would like them to pray for us and bb as well... plus my children can't keep a secret. hurhur. but it's really up to you lah.

dorie: although I seldom post comments, but I'm always in this thread and I've been looking fwd to seeing your encouragements, very long (due to answering everyone's qn) and inspirational posts everyday! I'll sure miss seeing u!
And, you are a GREAT MUM!

Dorie : I am in the same situation as you. AF just reported in the evening too which I thought was implantation bleeding.. but the bleeding came like normal period.. Its really great to see you teaching us and guiding us with your experience. 39 is never old.. You have a young at heart personality.
happy.gif

candy: i just realised I forgot to say, "congratulations!!!!" heehee...

shirley: wah, thanks... but i feel very old leh... especially when i see all my ex-students in FB hor having kids of their own liao... @.@ hahahaha

Dorie : is ok is ok.. Cos my so called symptoms havent tell my family not said my fb friends cos if BFN v malu worrr....
hmm..yaya think so hor.. cos i give birth to my 1st gal in mar08.. hohooo. we already know 4 yrs ago in forum!! hahaa..i try not to think too much now. But im vvv hungry now got to eat before i sleep or else i cant sleep haa..

thanks Dorie for the info =)....... abt informing, i told my boss today cos he want me to go australia for like 3 to 4 days anytime soon, so i have to tell him early so that he can find other people to go but i told him not to tell anybody cos is too early now.
But he told me if my colleagues ask me if I am pregnant thats y i nv go aus, he said replied yes! if people ask u then u ans yes, dun say it out yourself! LOL......

I am very excited and looking forward, but at the same time worried too! cos worried abt bb heartbeat....hopefully everything turn out well =)

Shirley : okok nv mind jia you for the new cycle. Im sure u all will be the first few to create feb 13 thread in SMH.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Candy : Congrats!! Hmm.. not to eat too "liang" food like grass jelly... i stil got make up when pregnant, so no worries.. Jus that cannot dye hair, do massage.. U know all these hor? and ya dont eat raw food like sashimi.

Back