2012 Twins

I was already a sahm before I had the twins cos I have 3 other kids. If you are able to find help to take care of them, you can still work. Ultimately, what do you want? Not everyone can stand being at home everyday. Some prefer to work.

I am also a sahm after the birth of my no 1 for two yrs then came the twins. Agree that not everyone can stay at home. Cost there isn't any freedom. U are expected to do everything n u dun even have an hr of lunch time peace.
How I cope? I have a time schedule for everything from feeding to bath time to teaching time.

How do u Bf twins? I find it very tiring n time consuming to feed one by one, basically am feeding whole day. If feed both together, I can't mange myself n need someone to bring bb to me n help position bb, also my hands will be holding on to both bb n can't move at all. Btw, when feeding both, I cradle hold one bb, n football hold the other bb.

Grace,
Considered no. I just have to close 1 eye to the mess in the house. But my parents do help often on Saturdays. Either with my older kids or twins.

winky,
Yes, I was almost dying when I fed one by one.... practically no rest/sleeping time.... till nipples was so sore that I cry everytime I feed. So feeding together save a bit of time.

If I'm alone, I'll put the bb near me, put on the nursing pillow, then grab one to latch then grab the other to latch the other side.

The Twin nursing pillow is big enough to keep then in position. But I put extra pillow behind my back for support. So I jus gently hold them while they lie on the nursing pillow. At the same time can rest. If carry to feed, will be too tedious.

btw, I'm selling my twin nursing pillow if you are keen.

Marmum, is yr twin pillow breast friend? Where n how much when u buy? I was initially trying to get new one, but don't really mind second hand too. Hows condition? Price? N yr location?

Pm me. Thanks.

I gave up bf. Too time consuming with twins n a hyper toddler. I have no help too. Yes I do close eye on household chores n get tingkat food. Only weekends hub are to clean hse.

i still not sure wat i wan feeling lose n something feeling useless as nt earning $$ but keep spending haiz,... anyhow im still tryin to cope being a new sahm & adjust to nw having hubby at home once every 2 weeks due to his oversea trip. btw any mummy using light weight single stroller like combi well comfort 4.6kg is it safe to use stroller so light when my boy is already 7.3kg??

At first I do feel lost but I got used to it. Plus hub also got used to it ended up he was more responsible n best part he even gives me more $ to spend n pay the bills. Lol. Last time working he splits every bill n expects me to pay n save. Now I just spend lol. I kinda like it. My hub even helps around the house now too.
I used combi light weight stroller till now. My boy is 2 yrs old n 12 kg. Still gg strong. I love it.

Winky, i imported a twin nursing pillow fm US, award-winning n supposed to be better than My Brest Friend, see details here:
http://www.doubleblessings.com/

Never used it cos my twins were premature and never did learn to latch on. Bought for ard US$70 before shipping charges, including shipping close to $200 cos of size. M letting go at S$100.

Lemme know if u're interested? It's brand new n the colour is lime green, what you see at the top of the webpage.

Hi joleen, thks guess u are the lucky one. Although my hubby nver say much n he do agree me staying home but now we can't spend lik the good old days n forget about any holiday planning. He alwys nag me hav to save for future is like a pressure to me is it I'm spending too much will I not able to give better living for the bb ?? So is it I stop earning I hav to take all this?? Haiz I knw is always hard to ask for $$ so kind of lost did I made the right decision to leave my Job?? Wat can I do to have both takecare bb n work frm home, then I realize I do have skills .. Feeling so emo recently don't knw wat to plan for my babies. Jus hope I'm nt walking into a depression !!

Hi eabb
I know how u feel as if i dun work, think will face same situation as u..hence, no matter how much i wish not to work to take care bbies.. I still dun dare to throw tt letter as i think will feel more stress to take $$ fr hb..;(

hi mummies,

I have many packets of frozen bm in my freezer which I wan to donate out. My girls were in the nicu for 6 weeks and their intake was very low hence Im left with many frozen bm. It is a pity for me to throw my bm away so I thought of donating them away. Anyone know if there is such agency where I can donate them or anyone would like to have these bm?
Thanks

hello all mummies..

just found this twins forum..so glad to see many twin mummies sharing..

my twin girls are turning 4 months soon.. they were born in june at 35wks 5days.

just went back to work last week but missing n worrying about my girls..like some of you, dunno if staying at home or working is better..

How's all mummies coping here. My bb just turn a month old. Cl left. More busy, little time for toddlers n supply dropping
sad.gif

Hi,

Anyone interested to buy breastfeeding pillow for twins? New and was never used. Letting go for 60sgd, self collect.. Please pm interested. Thanks.

Hi Mommies,

Selling Brand New Yaolan/ Sarong / Rocker Motor to help your little one to sleep. Effective on my bb. Allow me to have more sleep.

* Packaging includes with
1. A unit of Sunflower brand electronic rocker
2. A set of of (7pcs) springs which hold up to 21 kgs.
3. A AC-DC Adaptor.
4. User Manual and Springs Guide.

1. Safe- Unique "Overload Reset System" to
* protect the electronic circuit.
* prevent overheating of the DC motor.

2. Imported "SynHz - Designed motor.

3. Auto timer

4. Durable ABS casing and reliable POM internal parts.

Selling @ Kiddy Palace & Tom & Stephanie~ $159.
Selling $120. Interested pls msg 91450808

Ellos to all twins MUMMIES!!

Having been reading through tis twins forum for quite some times and realise there is alot of twin mummies sharing the tings they know.. My twin girls are now 4 months plus already and were born in June at 35wks 6days!!

Now am so trouble about going to work or just be a stay home mummy to take care of them.. quite worry to leave them with my MIL... =(

GNC Fenugreek
Selling at $17(usual price $29.50), i only ate a few tablets.
My colostrum came on first day and I believe was due to fenugreek.
expiry date July 2015.

Twin plus my best friend pillow
Selling at $80(usual price $165), I only used it for a few days, excellent condition.
Very good to breastfeed twin concurrently with correct posture, i used it even when i was breastfeeding one baby.
Due to no enough milk supply to feed both twin, end up I have switched to formula milk. I still love the pillow!

Baby plus education system
Selling at $210(usual price at $295), I used it for my twin. (My first pregnancy)
They are the best babies, only wake up during feed. Very worth to invest since we have two inside us(this was what I think when i bought haha)

collection at sengkang shell petrol station or mrt.

Hi Elmo

I am interested on the best friend pillow. I stayed in Seng Kang so can meet you at mrt station.

I PM you my contact

Hi mummies who have delivered past 35 weeks! Any tips on how u managed to hold the babies in there till they reach sucha healthy weight? I'm currently in my 32nd week and still working. So afraid the babies might be born prematurely as they are only aroun 1.5kg each

Hi mummy joleen, could u let me know where did u purchase your combi twin stroller? I called a couple of places but they do not carry this brand and I might settle for a MacLaren twin techno

Beenies,
Go and eat durian. I heard that is baby to light once u eat durian they can help baby to gain weight.
I try once and it really help.

Beenies: than you really have to find a way to gain his weight. Maybe u could try to ask ur doctor. As i also dont quite like durian, max 4 seeds for me. I ate twice when i expected him.
For ppl tell me that high sugar foods can increase the baby weight (don't know true anot).

Hi Beenies,

Ive carried my twins till 37 weeks via elective CS. Try to eat food rich in protein and eat every two to three hours. And try to rest as much as possible. I started my maternity leave 4 weeks prior to giving birth. My babies came out 2.8 and 3 kg.

Hi mummies here, I delivered my twins 2 months ago in mid sep. My belly is still big now, can see my tummy loses it's firm n dropping. How long it take for u to wear back old clothes? Any good ideas on firming? Wrap doesn't seem to help, am worried tummy has been over stretched as it now looks so diff (many small horizontal lines. not stretch marks) from my previous single pregnancy.

Hi Shirley and mummy101, thanks for the tips! Should be starting my rest next week at 33 weeks. I hope the babies and I can tahan for another month before delivery. Btw was the c-section scary? I actually saw a YouTube video on csection which was kinda gory

Hi beenies, I just recently had my twins at 36 weeks (planned c section). I was also concerned about their weights but thank god each weighs just above 2kg and were in normal nursery. I had a steroid jab around week 32 in case they would come early. Had to eat durian and ice cream and basically carbs. I was told to eat more carbs than protein, not sure why ... no gestational diabetes for me, so it was alright for me to indulge in these...

Hi greenies,
I agreed what coco say ask eat things with high carbs it help to gain weight cos I think is due to high sugar. As for protein I not too sure. Maybe u could check with ur doctor as u r expecting twins. C-section wasn,t scary as u can't see Wat they are doin n also not pain during the delivery.. All the best to u.

Thank u coco and Shirley for the advice and encouragement! So glad I found this forum with the support from mummies who are going thru or went thru the same experience.

Hi to all mummies! I'm 30 weeks now and doc gave me 2 weeks mc as my blood pressure is high
sad.gif
. Must be more careful with my diet now and tell my bbs to stay inside as long as they can ....

Hi,

Ive read a book about multiples pregnancy and it encourage by the doctor/author to increase protein. It said that it will increase the babies weight by adding protein to your food intake. Usually multiples are smaller than singleton but if you have the correct food they can at least catch up with the weight and they could avoid nicu due to 2kg birth weight factor. But of course there are factors like baby able to suckle, breath, etc. Pregnancy is not easy, what more for twins. But we just have to do our part, rest and eat well and listen to our obgyne. Cs ops is easy its the recovery that is hard, but with help from hubby, family and friends, you could do it.
happy.gif

Hi mummies! I'm in week 33 n jus started to rest at home. How often are mummies visiting their gynae now? My told me to visit her 3 weeks later. Is that the norm?

Hi Beenies,

During my preganancy, I visit KKH, my appiontment is every 3-4weeks once until i gave birth, but because i gave birth on the 37 weeks, never go through the critical time (37 weeks to 40 weeks)

I think is depend on your situation to judge the next appointment.

Hi Beenies, for me when I hit 31 weeks I was seeing my gynae every 2 weeks but he would also send me for follow up growth scans at 32 and 34 weeks to check on placenta blood flow etc because one of my twins was smaller than the other. So I was having scans almost every week but I believe it is because of the weight difference between my twins.

Hi mummy coco and mummy Joyce! Thanks for sharing the info! Shall have trust in my gynae then cos I'm always under the impression that by week 32 it will be a fortnightly visit

Beenie..my appt is every 2wks from wk30 onwards...i am currently 33wks and will be going for another growth scan in 1wk plus.

hi mummies,

I'm a mummy with twin girls too.. they are 7months now.. would like to check if you ladies would be keen to get the following:

1) Mybrestfren twin pillow
2) Mc claren twin pram

Both are lightly used and in good condition. Need to sell the pillow as one of them are no longer nursing anymore..keke..
Do PM me if you are keen. Thanks!

HI all, I'm new to the forums... first time mum and I got twins! Actually due in May 2013.
I'm now looking for confinement lady. Would you all kindly give me any advice? Thanks !

hi mummies,

would like to ask mummies how is the sleeping arrangement like if you have more than twins (another older kid)? are the twins sleeping in their individual cot in a room with the other sibling or all sleeping with the mummy, etc?

thanks..

Hi mummies,
Have u celebrated or celebrating it twinnies 1 yr old birthday party? Any ideas on what themes to use?

Hi pinkberries, I dun hav an elder child but my twins (11mths old now) start sleeping in their room from 4mths onwards.

hi mumm2be,
I'm celebrating my twins bday in less 2 weeks time. It will be an animal theme party as we r vegetarians & would like our frens to love animals too
happy.gif

Hi mummies, I'm new here and expecting twins boy! EDD in Apr 2013. Now is 17 weeks. Saw some mummies started reat at hm at 32weeks, is it advice by gynae?

Hi mummies..

My EDD in may 2013. Now is 26 weeks. And Dr. advise me to go for c section between 37-38 weeks. So my c section on April third week.

Hi Cy0919 & pinkie!

Cy0919,
Nope. Unless ur condition requires you to rest in bed.

Pinkie,
Any reason why he wants u to go for c section? I delivered at 36 weeks, natural.

Back