2012 Twins

Mar mum2: my Dr. said dangerous to natural givr birth for twins so he recommend fo go for c sec. U so gd can give birth natural.

As of 26 weeks my twin 1 is 829g n twin 2 is 769 g. I'm worry that is it too small?

I put my twins in the same cot from birth till about 3 months.... Some babies wriggle a lot so cannot put together cos will bump into the other one. Otherwise, can be together till they start turning or kicking around.

Pinkie,
Previously, my gynae keep asking me to deliver naturally at operation theatre just in case of anything. But after seeking some opinion from other mummies with twins, I insisted on natural delivery at delivery ward.

It depends on your gynae. But if you are confident, no issue to deliver naturally. Check his/her experience on delivering twins.

I'm not sure of the size... As long as by 36 weeks they are 2kg each will be fine. (If I'm not wrong)

my edd is jun 2013. i think there are some reasons for advising csect. my gynae advise me to csect cos my twins are sharing 1 placenta, though i have heard of mummies deliver natural too when twins share 1 placenta. its the level of risk that gynae / mummy want to take ba.

marmum, will 1 of your twin wake the other twin up when cry?

1 placenta but 2 water bags? A lot of advices by gynaes are based on their comfort level. Maybe he's not confident of natural delivery for twins.... in case of complications or if the 2nd twin turns head up after the 1st comes out.

Depends. Sometimes the other twin continue to sleep.

Hi pinkberries,
jus for ur reference, but utimately its up to u & ur gynae to discuss & decide. I delivered my identical twins at 37wks via normal delivery. My girls share 1 placenta but 2 water bags. twin 1 head down n twin 2 breech. My gynae is confident to deliver via normal delivery. She has also assured me that she has even delivery single bb in breech.anyway, when my twin 1 is out, there's space for twin 2 to turn. With 3 push, my twin 2 is out.
happy.gif
both healthy weight, 2.8kg & 2.4kg

Just done my check up today! Now 28 weeks and weight 2
1.1kg & 1.2kg. Hopefully by 36weeks will reached 2kg!

Mine is identical boys! I choose Mt A too! But haven't decide natural or c-sec...a bit scared of natural leh....

Hi beautifulseeds, thanks for e info. Think my gynae not confident. So far she only told me csect. Maybe I'll ask her again. Can advise what did u eat during e pregnancy that bb get such good weight?

Hi pinkberries,
I am vegetarian. So I just took rice, veg, (esp. Spinach & pumpkin), beans, tofu, etc. folic acid & vitB thru out pregnancy. Once a week, will take the herbal soup that my Chinese Dr prescribe. But that's more for the "qi" & the back. I eat the same portion as normal, only eat more in the last month. I guess its the healthy home cooked food that my mum prepared that help boost the bbs weight in the last few weeks when I stayed hm & plenty of rest. (i started maternity leave at 35weeks). Overall, i only gained 11kg, & lost all of it after I delivery.

so happy to find this thread! i may be expecting twins.. edd sep 2013. has anyone gave birth via natural birth? how was it? was baby b in distress?

TO all expecting mums,
Ask your doc why he/she wants you to go c sec. I've know many including myself who have gone thru it via natural birth. I don't even recall my gynae giving me that option. ha ha... he just advised me to deliver naturally at operating theatre just in case after twin 1 comes out and twin 2 turns head up.

But after asking around with other twins mummies, I told my gynae that I want to deliver at normal suite. He was ok with it. In fact he was confident that even if twin 2 turns, he can turn it around.

My gynae has had experience in delivering twins so I'm guessing that for those who keep advising against it are probably those with little experience in that. OR, they have other plans. Cos via C section, the dates are set. I do know of some friends gynae who 'insisted' on C sects for singles or multiples cos they will be on leave or travelling etc on or around edd.

My Dr. ask me to take Prenatal Vitamin 2 tablets per day. And DHA and Calcium also need to take 2 per day. Can take vitamin 2 per day?? Just wanna check... Thanks

Hi Mummies! I'm 31 weeks now!! So gan cheong and dunno what to do...Can i have a list what to prepared?? May i know what is the charges for Mt. A for twins?

Hi cy0919. Couple of more weeks and bb will be out!
happy.gif

I delivered my twins at Mt A last Nov and my bill was about 10k total (incl hosp charges, meds, gynae & dr fee etc) for C-sec with epidural 2 bedroom. Babies were okay in normal nursery. They were under photo therapy for 1 day due to mild jaundice. Can deduct about 5 k from medisave.

Thanks coco! Pray hard babies will reached 2kg!

How about parkway east? Any mummy? Need to choose between parkway east and mt a...

What things to prepared??

Thanks a lot!

If going Mt A, rem your nightgown/sleep dress cos the hospital don't provide. Get those with front buttons so that you can breastfeed easily.

And also bring sanitary pads for heavy flow. Mt A provides a packet but if all is used or if you don't like their type of pads, you can use yours. I also brought disposable panties.

dear mummies,

im 8weeks now and expecting a twin also

This is my first pregnancy and actually quite worry if my body can handle a twin in the same time.

Hope can get some advises from the mummies here who have the experience in twin also.

Anyone can recommend me a doc who has experience in twin, preferable at Mt A or amk area.

Thanks..

any mummies did not engage maid and take care of twins yourself, with no help from parents?

are you able to cope or would you advise to get a maid?

Hi mummies, have some twins clothes to clear. Each set at $10 including normal postage.

Set 1:
Brand new. For about 6-9 months.
8235610.jpg

Set 2:
Wore twice only. Suitable for about 9 months.
8235611.jpg

Set 3:
Preloved. Indicated size 0-6 months.
8235612.jpg

Set 4:
Washed but not worn. Size indicated 0-6 months.
8235613.jpg

Set 5:
Wore twice only. Added the ribbon and button on my own. Can remove. Size indicated 90.
8235614.jpg

Oh u still working? My dr advise me to rest more. I'm worrying for preterm labour. At night I can't sleep well.

Dear mummies/mummies-to-be

I have the following pre-loved items for sale:

1. Madela free-style breast pump complete with accessories (including extra set of breast shield and related parts to reduce washing frequency). Bought at $900plus in total, now letting go at $450 (pump still in excellent working condition).

2. Pre-loved twin rompers and PJs, worn less than 5 times each. Different prices cos different number of sets.

3. Freezer for storing EMB. Bought for $320, letting go at $250 (used less than 3 months, condition as good as new).

For items in (1) and (2), you can view them at the following:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/#photos/102905874370933496768/albums/5852145266786080945

No picture yet for item (3), can provide if interested.

Those interested in these items, pl PM me ok?

Thanks!

Gynae gv ask me rest at hm start from today...definitely can't sleep well at night! Wake up almost every 2 hours...
Pinkbeeries84, now my baby 2.5 & 2.3

Mainly I eat rice 3 to 4 times per day. Yeah I planned to go for c sec. 1 bb engage the other one is not. So I got no choice.
Hi Cy0919, do u start drinking coconut juice?

Cy0919 so good u can try natural.. Thanks for e advise. I can start drinking coconut juice.

Pinkberries84, do u know e gander ald?

Congrats Cy0919. Me too just gb on 18 April via c sect. Boy is 2.9 kg n gal is 2.85 kg. I also staying in hosp due to I haven't recover yet...

Congrats cy0919 n pinkie! Are your babies considered full term?

Cy0919 hope ur babies can be discharged asap.

Pinkie, wow your babies have such good weight,, muz b very tiring on u..

Back