(2012) TTC for #2 & More Mummies !

Prosper & Sherry, thanks
happy.gif

Jas, thanks ya. cos lately i got 2 frens got back high risk result from OSCAR & nit to do amnio test at wk15-16 i asked Dr Wong he told me the test is bound to give 5% false alarm but he still encourage us to go for it..faintz

Donkey: don't worry too much, my Oscar result for #1 was 1:35! Went for amniotic test and it was ok! Normally is a false alarm for Oscar test.

sherry,
thanks!

OSCAR test:
i did not do oscar during my 1st pregnancy. heard its nothing to worry as its always a false alarm.

Canopy.. Woww..serious ar 1:35??? so scary!!!
I have appt @tmc for oscar tis coming thursday.. a bit worry
sad.gif

How abt the amniotic? Is it painful? Heard that it carries miscarriage risk!

Donkey / Wil'mom, go with a ping chang xin, should be fine. When I did mine, I also freaked big time due to high risk age group. My result was 1: 1300+ or 1:1500+, super low risk.

My gynae was sharing with me, this kind of DS tests were done at much later stage in earlier days but now everybody want to know earlier, therefore, now can be done at 11-12weeks to detect earlier and decide what to do earlier.

There is another test which you can do, CSV or something, less invasive.

Hi,
Trying for a No2. Waiting for good news by xmas/new year. Last few days was experiencing tummy cramps, bloatness, back aches. Today no such symptoms. so praying for a good news by early next week
happy.gif

Hi All.
Disappered for a couple of weeks because work went crazy and was away for a bit etc.
I see that Sherry has graduated. Congrats! I think Sherry you struck on your first month trying right?
I am in 2ww now as well after having tried Clomid this month. Went for follicular scan and there was one good sized egg and a couple of smaller ones which may not be significant. I hope we got lucky. I have been having some pms like symptoms for the last 2 days though like feeling a bit dizzy, tenderness, back ache etc. I hope that doesn't mean period is coming....

hello ming8110! thanks.. ya, were lucky to struck on my first month.. guess its easier cause i have very regular menses? maybe make it easier for me to plan..
Now only hope baby stick well.. cause still very early stage too...

All the best, babe.. bingo bingo yeah! when can u start testing?

hi to all ttcing mummies here, I am almost reaching the end of my 2ww, I should be testing on tomorrow morning. For my #1, I got early symptons like cramping and nausea even 3 days before menses arrived, so I think I do not have much chance for this 2nd cycle cos don't have much symptoms, haiz....

For my next cycle, I think gonna invest in the ovulation kits to maximise my chance...

Sophie, save time n money, go direct gynae. Scan follicle n whack. Using opks not very full proof. But it's yr choice ;) good luck!!

Hi nimkulet, welcome.I do have a friend whose bb only second month and still bfing and got pregnant. Doctor told her while bfing chances are low, so she nv have protected sex and end up pregnant. Now the boy is 5 yo.

hi all this morning i had a BFN so have to start all over again...kind of expected so lesser disappointment, now waiting for my menses to arrive, hope it won't delay too much...

missycandy, thanks for your suggestion. I am thinking to try one more month, if still cannot, then I will visit gynae or tcm to check. Just want to check with experienced mummies here, when is the appropriate time to go see gynae? After menses finish?

TTCing is really a stressful process...

Sophie,

Go on the first day of your menses.. Most likely gynae will ask how long you tried, then give clomid to help to release egg and ask you to go scan on day 13-15 to see if you ovulate.

Hi Sophie: Nvm, there is next month to try. How long have you been trying? If this is your first month trying, you may not wish to see your gynae yet? I went to see my gynae because I was having irregular menses and knew that I would need some help. Was put on clomid for days 2 to 6 and told to go back for follicular scanning (to see if and how many eggs were developing - they want the eggs to be a minimum of 1.8 cm) and to time intercourse accordingly.
Now fingers crossed and hoping for good news.

Sherry: Ovulation was on day 18 so I guess I should only test end of this month. Wish me luck. I need all the baby dust I can get
happy.gif

Sophie> is your menses due today? Otherwise, there is still chance cause some produce lesser hcg for the kit to track..

Ming8110: baby dust to u!!!

ET - thanks for your info. This is my second cycle of trying.

prosper - this is my day 30, normally my cycle range from 30-35 days. As long as AF haven't arrive, maybe i still stand a small chance.

ming8110 - last time I used to have irregular cycle, after I removed my cysts after #1, my cycle is more regular now. Do you mind to share with me who is your gynae?

Thanks for all mummies' help in answering my questions. You all are very experienced, there is so much to learn for TTC...

hi sherry, in need of your baby dust...yup my menses 'supposed' to due today. but sometimes will delay up to 5 days depend on stress level.

ming8110 and prosper - pray for your good news.

haha i itchy hand tested yesterday. Dunno my eyes are tricking on me. Can see got shadow but can also say dun have. Hai.. I know is still early. today only 9DPO

Sophie> passing some to u too! Still got chance..never see red, never give up

Prosper> haha got chance? I tested day 9 after ovualation

Sherry, I wanted to test today telling myself if my test kit arrived in my letterbox, i will test. But just now i opened up letterbox, it was not here yet. Maybe God want me to test in another 1-2 days.
happy.gif

Sherry, do you have implantation cramp during ur 7-8 DPO? I have cramp yesterday thinking af coming for sure. quickly wore on a pad just in case.

Canopyhaza, Eliz, MeinMe & Wil's mon, thanks for assuring me. Hope my result will be swee swee like wat Jas's said.

MeinMe, ya i heard OSCAR vy much determined by maternal age glad tat ur test result came back low risk.

Canopyhaze, tat's wat i worry oscar give false alarm then nit to do go thru amnio or CVS & torturing 2wks while waiting for result.

Prosper: I had a bit of cramp on day 5 but am not sure if it's because of the red wine I drank during my cousin
Wedding..

Prosper, Jia You!!!

I will be going thru a series of fertility test from next week, this is supposed to be my BD week. Not sure if I should BD or wait till I complete the test. Super no mood to work, I will be on leave from this Fri till after New Year. Looking forward for a good break!

hi gals,
i am new here.
#1 is now 3 yr old. Trying for #2 since early this yr. not successful for many cycles....
wondering why.... so thought join thread here and can get more info.
name is queenie cheers.

Donkey : can opt for express service to get the result, I got mine within 48hrs after the amniotic test, just have to pay a few hundreds extra.

I dunno getting more and more losing hope. It was a plain white blank at 10DPO. Not even a faint line. Not going to think it will have in another 2 days...

Prosper,
dun get stressed. Relax abit. For the past few months, i had been very stressed about it till i decided to see openly. Jiayou hor!

Babe, dun be stressed. Anyway, u tested way ahead of your next menses yeah.. But no red, there is still chance. Some kits ain't sensitive to track days before as prob body only release very low HCG..

Back