(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Jo3, hahah... actually i didn't use hot towel or massage much too. Just latched on. But it's a good practice which I think i'll try this time round. Alternatively try drinking sthg hot b4 feeding.

If bb latches on properly, they won't hurt us even with teeth. Without correct latch-on, even their gums can hurt!! Of course, some babies might experiment and bite. By then, can sorta teach them cannot bite otherwise mummy won't feed them.
happy.gif

Dun give up after u've come so far. Maybe cos u have twins that's why it's hard to supply for both. If u give one breast, possibly not enuf. But hard to say, also depends on ur supply. If u think not enuf, u can consider topping up with FM after latching on if u dun mind doing partial BF.

How long baby latches on depends on how well they suckle and how quickly u let down. Each baby is different. And as they grow older, they'll become more efficient in suckling. Prob will take lesser time to empty ur breasts. Hang in there!

LuvNhope, no need needles. Yes same as used to feed bb medicine. Anyway, is nv reuse. After that throw for colostrum purpose. Those syringe cannot sterilise one

Btw, Jo3, it's normal to have sore nipples at the beginning. After the nipples toughen out, then won't hurt any more cos they're used to the suckling action already (unless incorrect latching on). Just have to tahan in the initial stages or use the nipple cream which other sisters have recommended.

Hazel, thanks for the detailed explanation. I understand now
happy.gif
Ok, I'll pack my spare Lucrin syringes into Hosp bag too.

Luv, I once visited a gf at hospital post her delivery and saw that she has quite a lot of colostrum, kept in a cup. Apparently she wasn't intending to feed baby with it (I think too much cos she had bad engorgement) so was asking if we would like to try her colostrum hmm... Lucky mummy with lotsa bm
happy.gif

baby has good threshold 80 cannot feel pain? my pain threshold must be lousy. 80 im in much pain already i think. that big green no right?

baby_me: jia you!

my legs are badly swollen suddenly.. i think i nvr get up to walk, thats why.

btw how to wash bb mouth?

Tromso, aiyoh, so wasted. Why didn't she wanna feed baby with it leh? Did u try? LOL.

To mummies like me with limited supply, every single drop of BM / colostrum is precious!!

LuvNhope, like wat I say, the syringe in the unopen pack is sterilised syringe. U can see it in the packaging of the indubitably wrapped syringe. Once used, cannot reuse. Throw.

Luv, I think Hazel 'shoot' the colostrum into the fm, so no need to sterilise the syringe after retrieving fr fridge. Correct Hazel?

I guess if not going to do that, then may have to 'shoot' colostrum into a sterilised spoon/ cup and feed baby with it.

Just curious...I thought its sufficient for baby to take colostrum for first few days, why is it that still need fm? Or colostrum is not enough?

Faithfully, I dun understand y Vera is on light. Tmc standard is only if bb is 10.5 and above then on light. On day of discharge my gal was at 10.1. 6 days after she is born she is at 15! That's where dr ong wh checked on her. Straight away admitted and put on light for 2 days. That's where tmc over fed her. They gave her a lot of fm + bm I brought over. Under light causes bb to b dehydrated that's y they kept feeding. After 2 days she was9.5.

Luv, my gal was discharged by dr ong ek. Feel he is a nice pd too. But too bad... My gynae worked with dr ong wh.

Joanne, yr hubby is doing a great job. Remember to praise him.

Tromso, my gal saw dr ong again today but I din bring. She had fever this morning temp reach 38.1 at dr ong clinic. But she is ok v happy and want to play!!!! We suspect she is teething. Argh!! Dr ong wants to see her if she does not get well. I waste another chance to ask for discount.

J03, not enough always top up with fm after feeding! If not bb wun put on weight. Also bb will cry for milk again v soon.

Cat, coz is the super KS pd! Her standard is 10 is jaundice! Belle 9.9 she said borderline! So scared her level increase next day n so put her on photo light! Anyway, dun like after after a few incidents. Sent her for tests that were not required! I told Sf on this test she did, he also said not required! Consistent with wat I gather online

Hazel, guess it's the storing part that baffles me. Well, guess if we feed by cup or spoon, also not 100% sterilised. Shld be fine.
happy.gif

Tromso, think Hazel feeds the colostrum alone directly. Correct, Hazel?

Joanne, I can't remember if it was Nellie or Chris taught be a method... And it works well for me. U use bb milk bottle fill with hot water. Roll it on yr breast b4 u pump. By doing that I empty my breast and removed block ducts and got more milk!! Try to c if it works

Hi Joanne, what I watched fr the Cavin Soh show is, his baby demanded next feed 1 hr after the prior feed. Wong Boi Boi reckons baby wasn't fed enough, so more was given.

Then on occasions that his baby fussed big time very shortly after a feed, WBB reckons baby is not hungry, just fussy, she suggested giving water. In the show, Cavin fed water via the milk bottle.

There is a TMC postnatal 24 hrs helpline (in their website), not sure if they can help. Or you may like to call up WBB direct for assistance. I'll pm you her hp.

LuvNhope, u dun store the colostrum for more than 24hrs! So no need to worry abt the need to sterilise. Remember wbb said, after sterilising, the bottles r good for 24hrs? I just put the syringe with colostrum in clean new zip lock bag. N put in fridge. Brought to NICU in cooler bag n the nurse mixed it in belle's fm n feed her.

Wow, many popping by this week.

Joanne, I massage while bb latching on, not before, like u said
If not the milk will start flowing out.
I did all these at the beginning coz no choice, gotta stimulate milk supply and make sure my ducts are not blocked. I used hot towel, massage together during the latching, plus I drank something hot before I start latching on. Can see how busy I was preparing to latch.
But u are different with twins, so like Luv and the rest advised, maybe if ur twins are still hungry u can partial bf and supplement with fm too. Don't stress yourself up over the bf process. I think it's really not easy with twins. My 2 colleagues with twins also didnt even bf at all!

Tanny, yes that big green number. Just feel slight uncomfortable when it reached 80. How many tablets did u use?

Hazel, now ai know how you feel when Dr Loh checked below there. It's really PAIN. My down there sore now ahhhh.
Just inserted 2nd tablet. Tmr will go to labor ward at 7am.

The massage shld always start fr the outer breast, slowly massage towards the direction of the areola in circular motion.

Baby, sf is forcing the cervix to open. Which is good! Well, coz of the pain he inflicted, when they administer the bullet down there to induce, is painful too! Anyway, ask for epi before he burst water bag Tomorrow ok.Tell him when he said he is bursting. But If tonight, u go into active labor, n is painful, the nurse is suppose to push u down to labour ward. Ask for epidural immediately.

The only pain I experienced is fr sf vE!

Ladies, I don't know if I should get epi now or later when I feel pain? Now I feel slight uncomfortable already. Any advise? Scared too late n I don't want to feel the pain.

Just saw your post Hazel. Ok, so will ask if they push me to labor tonite. That means can feel the pain already. Gosh. ... Hopefully can take it.

Baby Me....stay focused and relaxed. I was told to imagine 'baby coming out' moment, may help with dilation
happy.gif

So much info exchange about bf...glad we are bringing this up now and having active discussion and getting advice. Thanks so much ladies, really, can never learn enough
happy.gif

Was filling my hubby in on our discussion and I can see he's totally confused lol...I asked him to read up the What To Expect for baby again so we can be on same page. Can't imagine storing all these in my head cos I'm
sure I'll forget them all post delivery. I need a wingman with good brain...!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi tromso
No.. The Tmc Lc just come n visit me .. Is an indian woman n she really kind.. But very painful when she pinch my nipple hard when me at hospital stay.. Betty i call her 2 days ago when hv fever to find out is it due to the breast n she says yes.. Then at night super high fever so hb bought me to kkh hospital n they refer me to their lc so to ans luvnhope query, yes, u can see kkh or tmc lc.. Anyway got $$, any lc can see.. Hee..

Oh ya, thx ron on bf tips too..

Btw, how u gals make sure bb mouth open big when do latching? Sometime they just suck on my nipple as mouth open so small n nipple really soar lor..;(

Baby, they will check ctg now n then. So, ask if u hv contractions. For me, I only hv 1 bullet inserted below at 11pm. Till next morning, 8am, the nurse monitored ctg abt 2x. I felt cramps now n then n I was bleeding.. U too now right? But crampy only. Not labour pain. Dr loh checked again at 8am next day, super pain again! N said e will burst water bag after the nurse push me down to labour ward. Thats when I told him, epidural first before he does any further stuff. Once water bag burst, labour will start! So is better to start epi early coz for me, the effects took quite a long while to come! I kept asking why I dun feel numb at lower body yet! Was told cannot administer too high a dosage....

Yah, Hazel. Y bleeding? Yes, I feel cramp every 5-10 mnts now. Still can take it. So Dr will check again next morning? Gosh...I hate that moment. Can I request epi before he check tmr?

OMG, my next bed patient snoring out loud. Very loud till make me stress. Can't even close my eyes as the snoring will frighten u... Gosh. Pray pray tmr can get the room I want, otherwise I can go crazy.

Dear gals,
A lot of posts to catch up on!!! Visiting dr Loh tmr (Friday) for my LAST appt (goodness!!!). Counting down THREE days. Yeah!!! Hopefully Bb let me walk tmr. I wanna go check out some dim sum restaurants for 1st month celebs and go bugis temple to pray, buy herbs and first month decor!!!

Welcome to the new mummies!!! Bb shower and chevy!!! It's always great to see new names!!!

Dear j03,
Hope your bf experience will get better! And your hubby really very supportive
happy.gif

Dear angelxuan and bbjourney,
So nice of you two to come up to me on Wednesday at taka fair. I was too disappointed in being unable to shop to notice people around. Lol. Rested 30mins in car and 20mins on bench and ony walked for 3mins on the fair's floor and need to sit down again. Lol.

Dear baby me,
You're next in line!!! Looking forward to ur birth story! My c-sect next Monday, hopefully I'd have single bedded!!

Dear baby penguin,
You admitting on Sunday? I'm admitting on Monday! Wonder if we'd ever meet! Hehe.

Dear faithfully,
Vera is such a nice name!!! Sounds elegant!!!

Dear Tanny,
What's your bb's name? Sorry if u shared before, I must have missed it!

Baby, was told bleeding coz cervix is dilating. Yes dr Loh will check first down there.. There will be a few VE thru out labour. But once u r on epi, u can feel the pain though u cam feel the checking. Soon bb will arrive. Happy occasion!
happy.gif

Bb Shower & Chevy, congrats and welcome!

Baby Me, jia you and have a smooth delivery!

Sashamama, you are too good to be missed! Just had to go up to you to say hi and personally wish you the best for your upcoming c-sec.
happy.gif

Ladies, just wanna say that I am also learning alot from your discussions about bf and really appreciates all the sharing. Didn't know colostrum can be hand expressed and collected in syringe - thanks Hazel!

Hi Baby Me, no news fr you since just before midnight, hope your dilation is progressing well and coping well with contraction pains.

Mummies, I'm just curious what you do to clean up yourself after delivery, at your wards? Full on shower? Or just wipe down? With the warm water fr shower head?

Tanny, I just recall there is also a metabolism test for baby, which is typically done after 48hrs after birth.

Angel, thanks so much for posting all the ads in fb
happy.gif
It's def gd distraction for me heee...

Sashamama, what other dim sum places you'll be checking out today? You are 1 active mtb heee... Let us know what you get fr Party stores ok
happy.gif

I'm thinking to go watch Dark Knight, will hv to play by ear. Going to set up the cot at my mum's place this Sat, exciting
happy.gif

Tanny, u may wan to opt for hearing test. Metalbolism irregularities r usually rare, so u can opt out. But hearing test is better to do coz if anything, early intervention will not affect bb's development. Coz is something that is v difficult to check if nv send for the test. Read my email then u will understand more.

Hi all the mummies, m wondering what tyPe of milk or what brand do your all take during early stage of pregnancy? N normally start drinking from which stage☺

Bbshower, my mum bought me Enfamum. I started drnking from end of 1st trimester after MS gets slightly better. I dont really like the taste at first but now used to it liao. May try a different brand (as i have some samples) after current tin is finished.

Hi Bb shower, I started with Anmum in first trimester, tasted nice, not so sweet. Then I subsequently switched to Similac cos it is lowest in fat content but it tastes quite artificial I feel. If you are on Ensure milk powder, can finish it then start on the mummies milk powder
happy.gif

Tromso,
I would prefer to use the syringes used for feeding baby medicine cos they r individually packed n after you retrieve your colostrum can just put the syringe back into the pack. Just ask from the nurses, I'm sure they will have it.

Bbshower,
I'm taking ammum. I like the taste. Actually any fresh milk is fine too.

Tromso, aiyo, Im gaining weight as usual, now i gained 16kg leh, i think by the end, im going to hit my #1 case of 20 kg again. I've been making myself eat like non stop, all the protein food etc plus more intake than normal.
Hopefully by next week check up the weight gain again is to bb, not to me. now I look like a whale, with puffy cheeks! yucks!
but anyway, i tell myself neve rmind, as long bb can gain weight, i will lose the weight again after giving birth.
I keep telling her to absorb more, absorb more.

i didnt know we can opt for hearing test at TMC, guess KK is just standard and tests bb for it, or maybe I have forgotten what I did signed few yrs back. haha!

Tromso, do you find Similac very powdery even though we try stirring it so much? i wonder why.
I tried the Dumex Mamil Mama samples, not too bad but my hub went to buy another tin of Similac again! so Im stuck with that.

I think I will also use the feed baby medicine type of syringe if necess. like what eskimo said, hospital have abundance of it.
i have lots at home from my dad coz he works in the lab.

Welcome Bbshower n Chevy.

Bbshower, i took Anmum, Similac, Dumex n Enfamama ( some are sample from my gynea's clinic). :p

Bb_me, hv dr loh come to check you? Or you give birth liao? Jiayou!!!

Back