(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Baby, relax! That'll help dilation.
happy.gif
All the best!

Will they charge u less for the time u spend in 2-bedded??

pierced, I found it all right with Dr Ong EK previously. Too bad he's moved to Mt A. Will have to think thru what i value more, an in-house PD or one whom i think i'll be more comfortable with then.

Hi baby me, jia you!! U are the next one after Tanny...

Regards to bf, I told myself I go with the partical bf cos on my 1st day I didn't eat and I am on drip so bb was on fm. I didn't bother much until 2nd day then nurse let me start. TMC lc told us dnt feel stress if no milk as coloslum is wa we hv nw. So I am latching on when bb is time for feed and top up with fm. I dnt wa to stress too much if nt when I discharge I wnt be able to hv milk then it will be worst... I just follow the flow most impt is bb eat well. Vera seem to sleep alot... She will try to open her eye or move her eyes seldom see her open her eyes and she is a fussy gal. If her hand or leg exposed out she will cry.

Faithfully, good that u're not stressing urself out. Go with what u're comfortable with.
happy.gif
Looks like u've already started to figure out ur baby's likes and dislikes! Heheh...

Luv, thanks for posting this thread at the other thread....wasn't able to locate it heheheheheeee
happy.gif
so it's under 2012

Thanks Ladies
happy.gif

Luv, yes they will charge based on 2-bedded.

Tanny, yes, the room is a bit warm. I'm sweating now. Having delifrance now bcos very hungry.

baby...jiayou..

regarding bf, i bf my boy till 1 yr old but partial bf when i,went back to work.. nonetheless, it allowed me to save quite alot of money on FM..when i am at home, its total bf, fm plus bm when with babysitter. save money is a contributing factor too..lol..

btw, for epidural, doesn't mean that once we are induced or when contraction pain becomes unbearable, we can ask for epidural. I learnt it during my #1. only during active labour the epidural can be administered, meaning there must be dilation of 3-4 cm or more before it can be given. i had contraction pain every 3 to 4 secs but no dilation at all so no epidural.... my lower back was sooooo suan and painful also no use.

Hi saw eskimobaby posting...I had epidural once I admitted to the delivery ward. I had no pain and was only 1 CM dilated. I was induced in the morning by my gyn and was told to be admitted in the evening.

Was told that the epidural will help to hasten the dilation but guess that did not work for me. My dilation was super slow and finally had to go for C-section to see my BB.

jo03,
your hubby is really thoughtful. your son quite big liao rite? i think it's ok for him to come back every night... good bonding with the twins too... he can also learn to help care for them.

faithfully,
baby's wrinkled hands and feet so cute rite... it's good that your baby wants to be swaddled as it calms her down and they feel more secure and enclosed like in the womb. my girl didn't like to be swaddled... daddy even went to buy a swaddle cloth to swaddle her but she would find her way out
happy.gif

I think I used up about 6 bottles of epidural (including for the C-section). Plus side is that no pain but I had side effect of vomitting and shivering.

jude,
why no pain still put on epidural? there's another way of inducing is through drip. my gynae was telling me i had to be dilated 1cm then put on drip to hasten the dilation but i didn't even go past the 1cm mark hahaha

Hazel, wow, maybe my girl's jaundice not as serious as belle's. Coz she did update us on day2 that looks like jaundice coming but monitor one more day. Perhaps non-NICU so she less ja cheong about us.. Hahaha..

Ron, belle didn't hit the threshold yet. We asked for feedback too back then fr pp of that field. That's why hub wan to bring belle back to KKH.

Actually drs r human. Do make mistake also. I heard of some gynae too. Anyway, sf has been gossip free on that!

Want to ask... When I massage my breast and use finger to press my nipple there is some liquid coming out... It look abit transparents but I am sure it nt milk... Is colsum support to be yellowish color?? Why mine like milky transparents?

Also if I dnt hv milk now when I discharge, I should top up with fm, is it top up rite after I feed her 30 mins or I wait later for the top up?

Based on bb's weight, if bb is supposed to drink 60ml, fm top up is always 50%, ie 30ml right after latching on. Fr there if bb can finish n sleep thru to 2-3 hrs after feed, means is enough. If not, adjust next feed. If bb cannot finish the fm top up, then reduce the Amt next feed. A full bb shld last 2-3 hrs min till next feed.

Hi Joanne, your hubby is very 伟大 too
happy.gif
Role model for many. btw can I check with you, you requested for LC Betty right? Did she do home visit or you consulted her at kkh?

Baby Me, jia you!! Why suddenly induce, yesterday you were just talking about ctg... Do you know what's your contraction number now?

Thanks for the milk and water feeding tips ladies. Alright, if required, I'll request for spoon fed/ cup instead of bottle. Hubby is also quite adamant about the former. I'll be bringing bp to hospital, hope that will help too....

Re using breastpump post delivery....may I know if we pump in full, ie stimulate and express OR just stimulate? Cos I was thinking if express, won't this defeats the purpose of latching? If bm/ colostrum comes out via bp, then too late to latch on baby...??

Hmm...am I not making any sense??

Tromso, u can latch on baby first, then pump to ensure full emptying of breasts. Or pump in place of a feed (e.g. when baby's too sleepy to feed). Or if u want, pump in between feeds.

Tromso, I had brown discharged this morning. Came down to
Dr Loh clinic, but he was not here yet. Dr M checked n did VE, but no dilation at all. Put me on ctg for half n hour. After that, Dr Loh came in. He saw the result n said so so only. But due to the discharge, he said it's better to induce as not sure if anything wrong with placenta or any other thing or not.
So here I am, insert a tablet n did ctg again. Contraction number only 80, didn't feel any pain at all. Even till now, it's already 6 hrs n no pain at all. Dunno how long more I need to wait.

Thanks Luv and Hazel. So if after latching then pump next and if can still pump out colostrum, do we keep it and feed baby during next feed? Or don't feed baby with it, next feed continue to do latch on again?

Baby Me, I see. Indeed I read that brown discharge is a bit more of a concern compared to red/ pink. Good that you are in good hands now
happy.gif
You should hit 90 soon bah, Tanny could feel the pain then, so hope you'll dilute fast too. Hang in there!!

Baby_me , Jia you ! Wonder how long will induction take into effect .. Keep us updated ..

I am going to check myself for induction on Sunday night.. Hope the effect will be fast . Dr Loh say if at 8 am no effect will need another tablet . Not good to break water too soon too. My baby only grew 100g since last week . Now only 2.8 kg at 38 weeks 3 days .So if consider 2 weeks only grew 100g instead of the norm of 400g. Dr Loh say as long as bb active and still have water he is not worried . BB not engaged yet . He say no need do CTG an no need to check for dilation .. He seems quite distracted today .. Didn't discuss with him much...

Good to hear fr you Baby Penguin
happy.gif
100g better than nil, you rest well these couple of days and all the best to your Sunday admission
happy.gif

Looks like majority will be delivered by Mon-Tues...babies galore
happy.gif
happy.gif

Tromso, actually if it's only colostrum, might be a bit difficult to use BP to store cos it may be too little in qty as compared to BM and it's thicker than BM, may not flow so well into the bottles. Maybe u can consider expressing by hand and I hear some pple using syringes to keep the colostrum and feed to baby.

LuvNhope, yes I jams express the colostrum n store in syringe! Put in fridge. Feeding time put in fm n feed! Syringe I get fr the ward nurses for free!

Hazel, ooh, didn't know can get syringes from the nurses! The syringes are those sterile ones right? But we wouldn't be able to ensure the syringes are sterilised after. Or is there any special way you store the syringes?

Tromso, hopefully can dilate faster. Now I still can walk around.

BabyPenguin, what time u will be admitted on Sunday night? Till 8am for next tablet is how many hours? Till now they have not put another tablet for me, dunno how long need to wait for next tablet. Last check up, my baby didn't put on weight at all for a week. Dr Loh also didn't say anything wrong. So yours put on 100g should be okay. Don't worry.

LuvNhope, yes sterilised syringe. Is written on the sealed pack. U know those syringe we use for Lucrin. Is those type. NICU has alot! I just take. Used only once. So throw after that

Tromso, if there is milk flow u use BP. If not hand express. Colostrum is yellow on colour. If got milk flow, the milk is yellowish. No milk flow, colostrum is easily visble when u hand express. After a few days to a wk, When milk flow turns to almost pale white that means no more colostrum.

So u latch bb first. After that hand express n see how. Got colostrum only, collect on syringe. If got milk flow then use BP. If not the colostrum all stuck in the breast shield n will not flow to the bottle. Keep for next feed in fridge. If nothing when I hand express. U can use BP to stimulate.

Hi baby_me , Dr Loh ask me check in at 1130pm on Sunday . Then I saw in the pink form he put "call me at 730am " . Then he say if no effect 8 am pur another tablet . So i think 8 hrs . Mine the previous week is no increase and this week only 100g . He say he leave the decision to us . Me and hubby think think le maybe induce out better .. Come out feed far fat . Mummy tummy no space for her to grow le maybe..

Hi Luvnhope, eskimo n pierced
Thks for ur advise on bf n bonding of my son with twins.. Eskimo got a pt too.. As he sure feel i neglect him now.. Sometime i see him alone sit at sofa, i feel upset as me n hb busy with two bbies when cl cooks.. Hv been keep explain to him tt bbies r young, dun know anything yet so hope he understands.. Hb has been accompany him alot when i doing bf n busy resting..
Luvnhope n pierced, u mean everytime u put hot towel on breast before bf? So on ah.. But how long u put before feeding.. Sometime cl carry bb to me n i quickly wipe using a towel she put in a tupperware n feed crying bb immediately, no time to make sure towel hot though..;( if use hot towel can increase supply? I hv been let them latch on for 30mins till my breast feel sore n soft so dun think hv anymore milk plus already sore so dun feel like pumping..;( i hv been massaging while feeding my bb but not sure why still hv lump.. Sigh..lc say must massage first then feed bb but by then is already so messy as milk keep dripping.. Like very wasteful too if bb mouth no latch yet..so how u gals massage? Btw, when ur bb has teeth, u still latch on mah? Wun they bite? So u still supplement with fm despite not enough bm ah n u also dun giveup? Thats very motivating.. Me keep latch on but bm still not enough n worst is after half an hr latch on n put them on bed, only after half hr n they start cry for more milk again., sometime almost immediately cry for more milk.. sadz.. I only give one breast for one baby as want to be fair for both to absorb some nutrient.. Is it one breast so sure not enough? But one breast for 30mins latch on is it too long? Thks gals for ur advise.. Very impt for me n rest of going to pop mummies too.. Thk u so much..;)

Hi baby
Yeh, is ur turn now.. Jiayou n hv a smooth delivery..;)

Back