(2012/11) Nov 2012

Hi sunflower, as i know, when ur breast engorge, that means it producing milk, so, you have to express out. do you pump every 3 hourly?

Hi, sushi1465. Thanks for replying!! Yes, I do pump every 3 hrs but the engorgement started after Saturday (my bb full mth party) whereby I didn't diligently pump out. As I have said, I tried warm n cold compress and even using of my hand to squeeze out the milk but so far, not much milk came out and also hand squeezing it HURTS very badly.
After hand squeezing, I also use the pump hoping that my milk can come out BUT still nothing.
sad.gif

Now im also starting to realise that my good right breast which used to produce more milk is starting to decrease now. Any advise?? I still intend to give BB bm. Thanks!!

Actually, the unfortunate truth is that, or some pp, as long as u don't pump on the dot, u might be prone to blocked ducts or lumps. I am one of them, too. I pump three hourly too, but once, I was out buying something and dragged the pumping time till 4 hours. Before I knew it , there was a lump in my breast and it hurts. The milk supply also dropped.

When this happens, you really have to endure the pain and massage your breast REALLY hard. Cup your breast with your hand (with your nipple sandwiched between your index finger and middle finger) and massage strongly. It will hurt real bad. Endure so that the lump will loosen. If u cannot bring yourself to do it, u might have to approach a lactation consultant to help u. One tip is go for a hot shower first before massaging. Cold compress or cold cabbage will reduce pain but will also reduce supply if over-used.

I'm sorry that this had to happen to u, but it does happen sometimes. Endure and after u go through it, supply should resume. Be diligent with pumping, otherwise lumps will return. If u r planning to wean in future, do it gently by extending your pumping time by 15 min each time.

All the best.

hi, mummies, need your advise, pls. my baby (6 weeks) has been making fuss / crying / unable to have good sleep every night till around 2++am. we suspect is nite colic and have been feeding her gripe water since but still the same. at night, she wants to be cuddled and always sleeps like one hour then awake and cry.

anyone facing the same situation? what do you do? just let her cry or should we cuddle her. i cuddle her to sleep whenever she cries and was scolded that i spoilt her....sigh...

any suggestion what i should do?

Hi sushi,

My 7 wk old baby has colic as well and refused to sleep after feed. I fed her ridwind and I think it helps to remove stomach wind and she tend to sleep better after that. Cuddling is a way to soothe them and I believe that is ok. Try to put pacifier and it helps to soothe as well. Colic will last till 3 mth but at the moment have to bear with the crying.

hi, lavender mum, thanks for the reply. may i know what is ridwind? where can i get it? put in the milk and feed?

thanks.

Thks lavender mum.
Btw, my bb sometimes cries n wants to be cuddled to sleep during daytime too, i wonder if this is normal? should just let her cries or cuddle her? would it be a bad habit to her wabting to be cuddled if we give in to her whenever shd cries?

Hi sushi,

Most babies like to be cuddled as they like the warmth n security . Its individual choice, if u cn find alternative means to make them sleep better, then u can skip the cuddling. Consider yaolan or beansprout pillow.

Posted on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 1:26 am:       
Hi mummies,

I have excess frozen breast milk that I would like to give away as my freezer is full.. My baby is 12 weeks old now.
Self collection at Joo Seng.

If interested, pls whatsapp or msg me at 90039490

hi, mummies, my girl always awake and cry after 15 - 30 minutes sleep at night like 9pm to 4 or 5am; she can't sleep long like in the day time. even though she was awake for a few hours in the daytime, thinking she should be very tired and sleep well during night time, but, she doesn't, she still awake every 15 or 30 minutes, and cries. Anyone experiencing this? Any advise what to do with it?

And the worst is, my hubby was so angry and he throw his comforter over her very hard when she is crying. Is this considered abuse? she is only 7weeks++. When he is in good mood, he will coax and cuddle her. but when he is in bad mood, he will shout and get angry at my girl when she is crying. When my girl is crying and when he is in good mood, he won't say anything when i coax my girl. but, when he is in bad mood, he blames me that i spoit my girl that i try to coax her when he is crying. I'm really feeling very down. I worry i will get depression if this continues. Last night when he throw the conforter hard onto my girl, i really feel worried and have the impulse taking my girl back to my parents house in kl. I think his behaviour is really wrong.

I'm worried how would this affect my girl in future when she grows up? she might get this abusive behaviour too in the future.

Someone please advise....what i want during this period is supports and undderstanding to both me and my little baby. But what i always get is complaints from him that i spoilt my girl and giving hints i don't know how to take care of my girl telling me things like how and how his colleague and the wife taking care of their kids.

i think one day i will get crazy and down in depression and end up divorce....

Hi Sushi, have u tried letting ur girl sleep on her front or using the yaolan? If my girl is wakeful at night, I'll pit her on her chest to sleep. But u have to ensure that ur bb neck is strong enough to turn in case of suffocation. Else, u can try yaolan

hi, oops04, sometimes we give her belly time, she always wants to lift her head up and not laying sideway, so, not sure if she will fall asleep, will try. as for yaolan, i believe she can sleep well if we let her sleep in yaolan since she likes to be cuddled, but we're renting a room, so, there's a space limit to get a yaolan. so, this is impossible.

hi sushi,

After you cuddle baby, n she has fallen aslp - put her chest down and face to the side. She will sleep alot better thru the nite. Make sure no pillows and blankets near her face.

M sorrie to hear abt you hubby getting upset.. totally can feel what ur gg thru, but guess its just the situational frustration that annoys him.. when he is in a good mood, gently tell him that you were sad when he did that. M sure deep down, he regretted what he did when he was in a bad mood.

hi bloob, will try your way as mentioned above. hope she can sleep better.

feel very helpless. whenever i see my girl, i want to cry....feeling sorry i have given birth to her too...

by the way bloob, do i need to turn her head to other side after some times? or just let her sleep one side till she's awake? thks.

Hi,

I have excess EBM that i have kept frozen from Nov 2012 to give away. All in pigeon milk bags. Please pm me if you are keen. I would like to ask for new pigeon disposable milk bags as exchange.

hi sushi,
yes - you dont have to turn her head when she is sleeping, but change the side whenever you next put her down.
actually, babies at about 2-3 wks can turn their heads themselves, but if can't - pls help your gurl.

you can let her sleep on her chest after she is fed, but always make sure they burp after a feed before you put them down.
In fact, letting her slp on her chest is safer if you're afraid of choking. cos if a baby was lying on her back, and regurgitates - that will cos choking. but the danger of chest sleeping is suffocation, so make sure nothing else except the matress.

don't say you feel sorry given birth to her.. many mommies out there are trying for babies, and some turn out not so healthy. So your girl is such a blessing!

we, as moms owaze feel guilty not giving our best to our child, but we just have to be thankful all the time for them! they are such amazing cuties! esp at the infant stage - they need our protection the most cos they are so defenseless.

hope your girl slps better tonite.. keep her warm by rubbing ruyi on her tummy too.. and do circular motions clockwise above the naval.. helps to push the wind int he direction of the intestines and out.

hi bloob, thanks for the mssg
happy.gif

she still didn't sleep well last nite. at 7++pm, i tried to let her slept on her belly and she could only slept no longer than 1 hour. After that, she just slept on and off. she opened her eyes when i tried to put her down. even when she's in my arm, she will open her eyes very often. She finally fall asleep at 4am.

Hi Sushi,

i am a second time mother, i saw your post and that remind me of my elder son. My boy will sleep for 15 to 30min then wake up crying,that lasted for the first 4mth from birth, during the early stage i am like you lost and tire with trying to getting him to sleep longer so that everyone can rest.Start thinking what did i do wrong or did not do that make him cry so much.Why everyone seem so easy with their new born where i struggle..
During my boy full mth my cousin talk to me telling me she too struggle through this stage, her advise to me is to be patient,carry and coax her, let her feel secure,be positive,tell urself she just ned more time to adjust.
You need to rest whenever she sleep,so that you can go through the nite with her.My husband also feel fustrated so i just ask him to go sleep and i will go through the nite with my boy.I tell myself if i as the mother don do it who will do it. So now i fully understood why the song '妈妈好'..it was sing with a reason.

Hi hi mummies... I am new here too .. found these
http://bit.ly/T0rC18
do check it out and bookmark for future needs. just to share reliable and very economical milk bags..very good reviews from nursing moms too

Hi zebra, thks for the encouragement. i do not mind doing anything and accompany my bb even till morning when she is unable to sleep at night. It is ok for me since i'm a full time mom; i can get rest during day time when my girl is sleeping. it is my husband that complaining about me n her own daughter. i told him i will handle her and he made fuss and get angry. This is the thing that makes me feel helpless. its not my girl who making me feel bad but having a unsupportive husband that making me feel worst.

My girl got the flu virus from her dad and now having blocked n running nose. took her to ser a doctor and was prescribed a medicine for the phlegm n nose drop.

besides that, experienced mummies know any way to ease n soothe her nose for faster recovery? doc said this would take 1 to 2 weeks to recover.

Hi Sushi,

My husband also does not have patient toward my son,he always got fustrated and angry whenever my boy is sick and cranky at nite..i always tell him to be more patient toward him cos he still young and does not know how to express..but my husband still cant make it..haiz...

I got those sucker to suck out her phlegm so that the baby will not have difficulty breathing and can sleep better at nite..

Hi zebra, think our husband are just the same. when my girl overtired and unable to fall asleep shewill cry, then my husband complaint about her again making noise.....come on, she just a baby, crying is their way to communicate, we as parents have to make all way to try to calm/comfort them, rite.....feel heartpain for my bb why she has such a father...sigh...

Can i know where can i get the sucker from? what brand is it? thks.

i have 2 different type both from NTUC. One is use hand press and release type which i think more suitable for older kids. ANother is with tube which you got to use your mouth to suck out the mucus,now i current using on my 1.5mth baby.... i think its pigeon band.

hi, any mummies has trained your baby to have a routine/scheduled sleeping habit? like what time to take a nap or sleep at night everyday? should we have one for them? or just let them sleep and awake whenever they want?

and do your bb cry when she/he wants to sleep after 1 or 2 hours playing? you will let her cry it out till she sleeps or would cuddle her for a while and put her down?

kindly advise. thks

Dear mummy, I have few thing would like to let go as below,
1. Medela purela 100 nipple cream 37g -- $15
2. Avent Disposable Breast Pad (2x more absorbent) 30 day pads with free 2 night pads (2 boxes) -- $5
3. Tommee tippee 50 Disposable breast pads --$7
4. Lansinoh 25 Breast Milk Storage Bags -- $8
Pick up point at Yew Tee MRT, Somerset MRT, Woodland MRT and Choa Chu Kang MRT. Pls pm me if interested.

Thank you and enjoy motherhood!

hi sushi
my boy is 2 months 3 weeks now. drinking about 120 ml per feed, about 5 to 6 feeds a day. stay strong for the baby. every baby is different so different behavior and different eating patterns. as long as your bb is growing well, and poo and wet napkins everyday, that is already good enough. for he first 3 months, bb grows approx 1 kg per month. hope that helps

just go through this stage and and it will be easier soon!

hi bb_r_miracle, thank you for the reply
happy.gif
sometimes my bb unable to finish her milk, so, just a bit worry :p

btw, must a baby sleep on a pillow? my bb 2 mths ++ and starts to want to 翻身 (flip to the side) and always out of her pillow. so, wonder can i let her sleep flat on the cot/mattress without pillow?

and, any mummies, can recommend items (lotion or anything) that helps baby to sleep better? my girl always sleep like 30 minutes then wake up (usually in the afternoon till last feed before bedtime, like 9++ or 10++).

thank you.

hi mummies, anyone out there keen to buy petpet diapers size S? i overstocked and now baby wearing size M. pls pm me if keen. thanks!

Anyone giving baby Similac Stage1 here? I got an unopened tin/900g to let go cheap. at $30.

Please pm me if insterested. Thank you

hey i'm letting go two pack of mammypoko S size 50pcs for 25 bucks. interested please msg me at 96880157. self pick up at somerset mrt/buangkok mrt/sengkang mrt.

hi any mummies, do you massage your baby? normally you do it what time? before bedtime? and can anyone advise how to do it? thks.

am selling as stopped breastfeeding already...

26 sealed loose pieces of pigeon breast pads for $4.50 collection at tiong bahru or raffles place mrt. other places can be discussed if convenient. PM if keen
happy.gif

hi sushi,

my girl is almost 3 months old. she cries when she wants to sleep everytime, be it afternoon or before bedtime. this behaviour begins this 2 weeks which worries me. but my mum told me it is normal in some babies as my brother is also like tat when he is a baby and this behaviour will goes off when the baby is older. (i wonder when?)any mummies also has the same experience with ur baby?

my girl used to drink more than the recommended amt according to the pd but recently her milk intake is not as much too. she drinks 120-150ml per feed, about 5-6 feed everyday. not so sure this is ok when she is 3 months old and am going to seek doc advice during her 3 month growth assessment.

Dear mummy, I have few thing would like to let go as below,
1. Medela purela 100 nipple cream 37g -- $15
2. Avent Disposable Breast Pad (2x more absorbent) 30 day pads with free 2 night pads (2 boxes) -- $4
3. Tommee tippee 50 Disposable breast pads --$6
4. Lansinoh 25 Breast Milk Storage Bags -- $7
Pick up point at Yew Tee MRT, Somerset MRT, Woodland MRT and Choa Chu Kang MRT.
Pls sms me +65-9757 8822 if interested.

Hi seoulsoul, my girl is also like that - wants to be cuddled to sleep. i notice that it is because she is overtired and unable to fall asleep. sometimes she is ok. now, afternoon time till before bedtime, after sometime after her playtime, before she starts to be cranky, i will cuddle her for a while and put her down onto the rocker, pat & rock her soft and she is able to fall asleep, but afternoon time she is not able to sleep long, like 15 to 30 minutes.

so, you can try to cuddle her awhile and put her down. don't wait till her feel overtired and start to cry.

does your girl take nap for long hour like 1 to 2 hours during noon time?? what do you do with her during her wake time?

hi seoulsoul, what is the recommended amount for a 3 mths old baby? my girl is going 3 months next week and only since 2 week ago, she only drink 120-150ml for 5 feed a day only. so, i wonder this is too less for her age?? but i heard got some babies only start to drink 150ml when they turn like 3 to 4 months old.

i think need not to concern too much that she must drink according to certain amount as long as she got pee and poo normally?? i also not too sure.

does your baby still need a night feed everyday? mine drinks around 9pm and goes to sleep till 3++ or 4++am another feed. when and how to start to train her skip her night feed? was thinking to fed her abother 40-60ml 2 hours after her 9pm feed so she can sleep longer up to morning, is this ok?? just worry she won't want to drink. my girl will not want to drink if she is too tired and wants to sleep.

hi sushi,

Yes. i also think she is already very tired cos she yawned several times, but she just refuse to shut her eyes sometimes. hubby said she might be curious of the surrounding cos she likes us to bring her walk around... my girl does not have a routine sleeping pattern. in the afternoon sometimes she can sleep for 3hrs but sometimes she only sleep like 15-30mins. When she is awake i will talk to her and she will reply me with her smile and her baby language. wahahaha... i also play children song for her during the afternoon and smoothing music before bedtime. i did try to play some toys with her but she does not seems to be interested. maybe she is still small...

my girl sleeps very late like 11pm or 12mn, even 1am, she wakes up in the morning 6-7am. I did not train her, she develop this pattern herself. so i think is ok. You can try to wake up her to feed her small amt but for my girl, she will cry if i disturb her sleep and she will not eat unless she is hungry.

i read that for 3 months baby, they should eat 180ml, i am actually thinking is this recommendation for ang mo babies who they have bigger appetite.. haha...

Hi. My baby is 10weeks old now, he is drinking 120ml for about 8 or 9 times a day. I also think he is drinking too little per feed but too many times per day. Anyway, he is getting heavy at 6kg. What about your babies? I am worried that he would get too fat.

hi seoulsoul, my girl is also like yours that most of the times, she seems to be very tired already (yawn and rub her eyes) but she is just unable to fall asleep. and she will get frustrated sometimes. poor girl.

so good your girl is able to sleep for 3 hrs in the afternoon then you can do your own things
happy.gif
mine sleeps only 15-30minutes in the afternoon till her bedtime which is 9-10pm. and she will awake like 4 or 5am for milk or sometimes sleep till 7++am. mine also will cry or will not want to drink if she is not hungry/asleep.

when she is awake i also talk to her, exercise her hands & legs and show her some abc books (she will smile sometimes when she saw the book). i think i should get some flash cards to show her. any recommendation?? i saw one "math dots kits" selling online to teach them recognise the numbers etc.

ya, from the milk powder can, for 3 mths old baby, the recommendation of amount per feed is 180ml. wow, i don't think my girl is able to finish that much. even now sometimes she takes a long time to finish or unable to finish 150ml.

btw, you bring your girl out very often?? alone? i want to bring her out but really tired lor, and alone, i always have difficulty to fold/unfold the stroller :p

hi oh-oh, i think you baby is doing very good liao lor. i guess he drinks every 3hours?? 120ml for 8-9times a day is ok de, i believe. since he is putting on weight meaning he is getting alright.
happy.gif

hi seoulsoul, i want to get a diaper bag which can sling carry, any recommendation? thks :p

btw, are you stay at home mom? or working?

Hi mommies,

I'm new here and I still confused on how to use this forum. My baby girl was born on 18 Nov 2012. I saw thread title Nov, so here I am;)
I had a son too, he was March 2011 baby. Life has been very busy with 2 under 2.
Hope to know some of you here.

Hi rachel, you look after your 2 babies alone? salute you
happy.gif

i'm taking care of my girl alone - without any help from the elderlys. very tiring :D

Back