(2012/10) Oct 2012

Devilene: Okie, I've requested Novembaby (Selena) to add u to our FB group. Pls adjust ur FB privacy settings to allow public search and also allow ppl to send friend requests to u on FB.
Once Selena sends a friend request to u, pls accept it. Thereafter, she'll invite u to join our FB group, pls approve the invitation then
happy.gif

hi all, im a mummy from Dec'10.. jus want to comment about this company and hope no one sign up with them.

i signed up with Prestious Solutions on Aug'11 and have been there for about 5times. Mine is do the peeling type too. Super super REGRET!!!

On the 3rd time, my face gotten worse. So the 4th time when I go back, they said my face very dry. So recommend me to top up $60 for this oxygen spray to have more water on my face. As I thought my face was really bad, so I took up the option. During my 4th visit, when I was in the room, I still heard someone shout saying she didn't see the effect. Their treatment no use.

On my recent visit on 31/05/12 @ 2pm. I not sure what's the manager name who was servicing me got very bad service. She wore black suit. When I was doing my facial, the beautician starts to sell their product (mask). Saying that my face is very dry and need to water-based mask. Which I mentioned earlier, during my last visit, the beautician also said that my face is dry and suggested the Oxygen spray and I tried it. But this time I told the beautician that I am not interested. So without convincing me, she gotten her manager to analyze my face. I did my facial halfway and was told to wear the bathrobe and go to another room.

In that room, the manager analyzed my face and said it's dry that's why they recommended the mask and she also recommended me to take up extra package for this treatment for paying extra $660 for the rest of my 6sessions. I told her the reason why I don't want to take up the package and saying my face was dry is because of the pigmentation being done at the end of each treatment. The pigmentation process is to lighten my face mark and will cause peeling and hence my face will be dry. My question to her is in the first place when I first signed up for my current package, I was given a face analyze as well, right? So why in the first place, the water treatment wasn't recommend to me? Since the pigmentation effect is peeling and will eventually cause my face to dry. I don't want to take this 1 time or 6 times treatment because I felt cheated. I signed up the package and now being promote other stuffs and to pay extra. The manager said face condition may change so now then they recommend this package and she even use cancer patient as an example. But in my view, I thinks I still thinks that shouldn't it be recommend to me in the first place and if pigmentation is going to make my face peel till it will be dry, I would take up the pigmentation and my package can be reduce and I believe this add on package will not surface. And an example of cancer patient is way to serious comparing to doing facial. I told the manager that I won't neither take up the package by paying extra money nor using my current package to convert. I think I made myself very clear by repeating it at least 5times or more for not interested in what she recommended.

As I was actually rushing for time for another appointment at 5pm and told her about it, she did not stop selling and said she will tell the beautician to do the remaining facial treatment the faster way. I am surprised by her answer! Over here, she is saying is because of my skin condition, she wanted to recommend this package to help but on the other hand, being my existing package, she said will tell the beautician to do the faster way because I am in the hurry. Despite of stop the selling session which I have told her that I am not interested and continue with my treatment, she rather spend more time convincing me to buy. She asked why I don't want to sign up the package and I have explained her again and again (which I said earlier at least 5times) but things just simply didn't get into her head. I raised my voice slightly higher because I was very pissed off as what I said are plainly ignored. I did tell her too that I am not a rich person and every cents I spent, I need to consider hence, also not interested to take up the package. I told her maybe she can write on their customer card that I am a difficult customer and not to promote me any items/treatments. She said they can't do that and will continue to sell me for my remaining 6 sessions. In my heart, I was thinking what kind of professionalism she or her Company is showing me?? Firstly, my decision is not being respected and was being ignored. Secondly my current package was told to be done in a faster way because I am in a hurry. I told her when I first signed up for the package, I was happy and was thinking to recommend to my friends. But now, I don't think so because the service provided was simply BAD! She said it's ok if I don't recommend. They no need my recommendation. Wow!! I was once again surprised for what a good customer service she is showing me. After all the unhappiness, I went back to the treatment room.

I monitored the remaining process since she said will do it a faster way. Indeed, things was done a faster way. The mask that was put on my face last for less than 20mins. Usually when I do mask, it was at least 30mins. When doing the pigmentation (putting the solution), I not sure whether is it the same solution used. The reason why I said so is because for the past few sessions, I experienced painfulness and by was told by the beauticians that it's normal. But this time round, it isn't painful at all. So I thought it may happen after a while but it didn't. And there isn't sunblock applied on my face too. Usually the beautician will either just apply or ask me whether I want to apply or not. But this time round, the beautician did not ask me. Looks like saying that I am in a hurry, things have really gotten shortcut and having double standards. Firstly, process are being expedite and secondly, solution used are different.

I write in to complain as well. But not sure they will reply or not. Seriously bad attitude & service. Not professional at all.

Public Transport:

I experience the same as many of your does, My tummy is very obvious now. But alot bo chap.

So, I have already started taking cab to work every morning and will continue till Aug or Sep where I will work from home more often. Already gain approval from my manager.

But these two months, my pocket will bust, $100 per week just on cab. :-(

Keiko,
Yes, from Diaper.com.sg. I find their service ok, usually the diapers will be delivered to me the same week that I order.

Keiko, how to request mamy poko sample? I can't find singapore website leh...the sample request page indicates only for Malaysian...

Mummies, think I just received a pm from a mummy here. I still can't access my pm at all. Pls post all FB requests here, thanks
happy.gif

Hi mommies,

Just went for my detailed scan this morning and confirm boy. BB refused to cooperate and only at third try can the sonographer see his heart. Took us 2.5 hours in all. But no complaints as long as healthy.

diapers am using Drypers eh..cheaper..hub said as long we change regularly..dont hv to be a gd brand..i was aiming thos jap diapers eh..

i requested free samples frm Merries..nt bad..very soft..

Also to share my experience on public transport, my tummy is only obvious when i wear certain clothes. Only twice, other passengers gave up seats to me, and both times happened on Fri evenings after work. Even when the person sitting on reserved seat didn't give up the seat to me and alighted, another person standing would quickly grab the seat and not give to me, sigh... Last Fri I took the Eastbound train from Raffles Place station to meet my hb at Expo MH Fair. It was dem crowded, waited 2 trains before boarding and another pregnant lady also boarded. Both of us were standing just next to the reserved seat and the guy sitting there (late 30s or early 40s in office wear) ignored both of us. Then a standing passenger asked the other pregnant lady whose tummy was bigger than mine if she would like a seat and she replied that she wouldn't mind, so she asked the guy to give up the seat. The guy did, and the lady sitting next to the reserved seat also stood up, and the guy quickly sat down, another standing passenger then asked him to give the seat to me. It felt good to know that there are people who care
happy.gif
Alot of people told me I could actually ask those passengers sitting on reserved seats to give up their seats to me but so far, I have not and dare not try. Also, I did a survey with my colleagues and there was one female colleague who took a hard stance that reserved seats are not a given to pregnant passengers...

Occty: Thanks for sharing with me the good deal for Nepia.
So far, I have recommend to a few friends and all their kids tried and ok.
I might be stocking up a ctn for #2. ;)

Keiko: I have the same plan as you. Thinking of ordering tingkat and my mum just help me look after the baby.
Which catering are you considering?

Hi Serenelm

I just PM you earlier. my FB name is Sherryl Chng. Pls add me. Thanks!
happy.gif

babyjo - so how many carton did you order?

Esther - i have been taking train to work. SO far those sitted on reserved seat will NOT give up seat to me. It is usually those on normal seat. There was once i was standing right infront of the reserved seat. This lady, well-dressed in early 30s saw my tummy, then stare at it. Guess what, she bo-chap and looked away!! I felt like stomping her actions!

Public Transport: Yah!! Me too noticed that nowadays people seldom give up their seats. Recently, brought my #1 to Isetan Private Sales, my tummy already can be seen and my #1 was sleepy. No one gave up seat for us too.
Finally the couple sitting at the reserved seat alight and I put my #1 to sit down at 1 seat and abt to sit the other seat, a man sit down and told me I just need 1 seat. He just put on his earpiece and take out his iPad and start playing.

Hi mommies 

I have a brand new in box unopened Mustela Stretchmark cream,150ml, expiry dated Feb,2014, willing to let go at $47, which is a more than 20% off from the retail price of $59.90. Collection in the west around Buona Vista/Dover region. If keen, pls PM me.. Thks. 

Baby_jo, That is really a disgusting man. How can he snatch the seat and said you only need 1 seat. Worse than those who don't give up seat.

Raspy: Yup! Was so disgusted by his action. Anyway nowadays such action is so common. 9 out of 10 times I take train with #1, no one give up seat for us.

occty, initially i also encountered many people like that just stared at my tummy but didnt give up seat, also thot of stomping their actions, now i'm immuned liao... think SMRT can maybe have PA announcements to remind people about the reserved seats, when i went to taipei for my babymoon, i think they have higher reserved / total seats ratio than ours and nobody even sat on them.

Occty / Angeline: I've requested Novembaby (Selena) to add u to our FB group. Pls adjust ur FB privacy settings to allow public search and also allow ppl to send friend requests to u on FB.
Once Selena sends a friend request to u, pls accept it. Thereafter, she'll invite u to join our FB group, pls approve the invitation then
happy.gif

Meredith, my #1 (boy) now going on 3 yr old also randomly tells us he loves us. So those with boys don't despair, they will also be affectionate. Affectionate or not, depends on personality i guess...

Morning everyone! TGIF!!!

Thanks Esther, Btil & Meredith for your advices.

I'm still considering whether to get a CL if not will consider ordering tingkat from RichFood catering. Their menu looks fine.

http://confinement-meals.com/

For public transport, whenever I take train at Raffles Place, I notice usually men will not give up their seats (and they are sitting on reserved seats) to pregnant women, despite standing right infront of them. Are they so ignorant to differentiate between pregnant women & slightly plumb size women?!

Just came across an interesting article for first time MTB. For your readling pleasure:

http://www.divaasia.com/media_photo/16900#photoDisplayDiv

<font color="ff6000">Regarding Giving Up Seats on MRT Train Ride</font>

Surprisingly, whenever I take MRT or Bus Rides, it's usually the Bangladesh workers giving up seats to me or some aunties in their 50s. Never the younger generations nor the working class guys. Real wierd.

I'd read some above chats about having baby boys. I have 2 boys from earlier pregnancies. And I can tell you, they are such joys to have. They are much closer to mummies than to daddies. Yes, girls can be such darlings to have, but boys are very fun too. As long as babies are healthy, let's not fret. Cos babies can feel mummies emotions.
happy.gif

Angeline, I hope so my boy will be close to me and well-behaved. Cos was hoping for a girl to doll up and bring along for shopping heehee..

The ones who gave up seats to me twice so far since my 2nd T were also foreigners. Only this morning a local guy gave up his seat for me, and he was not on the reserved seat. The reserved seat was occupied by a Malay guy who stood up for his gf/friend to sit when she entered from the same station as me.

I can only imagine how much more difficult it will be for us mrt commuters in 3rd T when it will be a strain to stand.

Quinny, Angeline, and many more... in my case.. because you can hardly see my tummy at 20+weeks, I never got ppl giving up seats for me.. so all along I have been taking the cab to work...around 20 bux per trip 5 days a week...
sad.gif

<font color="0077aa">Mayday_80</font>
How was the Mt A Hospital Tour? Is it done on a 1 to 1 basis on in a group? What did they show you? I'm still thinking if I should go for the tour, not sure if it's useful. Haha

reineluv, i would think hospital tour is useful especially if its our first time using that hospital. Get a feel of the surroundings and orientate ourselves so that when D-day comes we might be less confused not sure where is what.. haha.. so I'll be going for a hospital tour too
happy.gif

reineluv, i would think hospital tour is useful especially if its our first time using that hospital. Get a feel of the surroundings and orientate ourselves so that when D-day comes we might be less confused not sure where is what.. haha.. so I'll be going for a hospital tour too
happy.gif

Public Transport: I feel you guys..My tummy is big and its super obvious that im pregnant..but i'd rather stand somewhere near the door..Its very frustrating if you were to stand in front of the seats and they pretend to sleep/doing something else..Thank God its only a 30mins journey..Hee

I'm a great sleep inducer on trains. I'm find that usually the young Chinese men and women are the worst!!!! I'm Chinese btw. Really buay tahan... Just not thick skin enough to ask them to give up their seats... Haiz. But nowadays I take cab everywhere cause my boy is usually with me. Cannot imagine squeezing in mrt with big tummy and restless monkey.

Next time we meet inconsiderate passenger on the train, we should take out our hp and pretend to take pics to send to Stomp! hahaha

when i was pregnant, it was quite hard to get a seat even when my belly was huge. the singaporeans on the train either have earphones on or have their eyes closed, pretending to be sleeping or reading or whatever. they are not embarrassed by their actions and their pretense. everytime, it is a foreigner that gave up their seat for me. whether it is foreigner from china, india or western countries, it is never singaporeans. it seems singaporeans feel there is no need to be generous or gracious. such is the singapore spirit. i am from australia and i find that singaporeans are one of the most obnoxious and rude people in the world. and their actions tell the truth of the kind of people they are. it's not that we want to malign or be prejudiced against singaporeans, but the facts and truth are plain to see. i was very shocked that the singaporeans would disregard any one's needs but prioritise their own selfish wants. and the best part is, when people from other countries visit singapore for business, school or whatever, and they witness the atrocious singaporean behaviour, and they tell it like it is, on facebook or whatever, they get fined, or reprimanded for telling the truth. and people get told to leave singapore if they do not aceept or support singaporean's ways and characteristics. i feel sorry for singapore as on a global scale, they have a very bad reputation. instead of changing, they demand that we accept their nonsense and support them as well.

on one train to raffles place, some foreigners actually had to wake up some singaporeans to ask them to get up and give their seat to me. how embarrassing to have to be asked to be gracious.

sometimes, you can see the obvious distress that foreigners feel when they see a pregnant woman standing while all the singaporeans refuse to give up their seats. they shake their heads openly.

another time, there was an older man who is about 70. he was very fit and healthy and could even run quickly. he ran in front of me as i was getting into the train, and sat in the reserved seat which i was going to sit in. he actually skipped and hopped and ran to sit in that seat! he gave me a look which said "i beat you to this seat". ridiculous. and yes he was singaporean.

with regards to mt alvernia, they are doing renovations now, so a few offices have moved. if you have not been there before or are unfamiliar with the place, best to go for the tour to familiarise yourself as to where everything is. it is not a 1 to 1 tour but it really depends on whether you arrived late or other circumstances. they will also show you the room types so you can decide on what room you want to stay in. and havign stayed there twice, i have realised that there are different type of rooms which cost the same price! i mean, there are some very big rooms and some every small rooms, and they cost the same. of course, they will never tell you which rooms i am talking about or what difference the room sizes are... you have to be alert and figure it out yourself... also some wards have better staff than other wards...

Erm... Angel can't say that abt all singaporeans. I'm Singaporean and I nvr fail tO give uP my seat to the elderly or preg women unless I have my boy with me. I do agree that there are a lot of singaporeans who are not gracious enough but I'm sure a lot of mummies here like me will do so.

Today is my first time taking train happily..bcos for my 1 hr journey I get to sit down. And the whole row of sporean act tired n slp..only tis kind pino lady giv up seat for mi.

I super dislike those male tat dun wanna giv up seat still act slpin...reali feel like slapping them.

I have had bad experiences with locals and foreigners alike in the MRT/buses. The worst experience I had was when I boarded a train with my big tummy and stood in front of the reserved seat, the young lady who sat in it glanced at my tummy and quickly held up her storybook very high to cover her face. My guess is so that she doesn't have to face my tummy. A few ppl saw her do that and a guy subsequently gave me his seat.

A few days ago, I was carrying my #1 on board the bus and a middle aged man who sat at the front seat(1 adult and one child seat) didn't wanna give up his seat to me. Only when I almost lost my balance then he got up.

I think if all of us were to compile our horror stories onboard our public transport, we can write a book :p

Dear all,

I have a couple of baby &amp; toddler stuff to get rid.
Should you interested, please PM me.

1) Little Twin Star Electronic Rocker(aka yao lan)@ $100 wz full accessories.

2) LG Mat(110 x 180cm) @ $100

3) Fisher Price Rocker @ $60

4) Jumbo Seat/green colour @ $50

5) Playpen @$50 wz full accessories

Note:
Believe me they are all in super good condition.

Maternity / Breastfeeding Pyjamus
anybody wan buy pyjamus for confinement time? got for breastfeeding type one. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14524992148 39~45RMB/set +$6 each.
7133693.jpg

let me know if u all want get. cos i bought 4sets. if you buy KT猫<蓝短袖+七分裤>43元 OR KT猫<粉短袖+七分裤>43元 either of this set,
can get FOC http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10232902640 Maternity undies. NOT one set of pyjamus. just double checked with seller.
7133694.jpg

those interested update ur orders here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjqRtB8baMtEdEhycF9Ob29FMVBTYzdwMEtEcTB0OXc ,
each set is about $15. don't too late let me know, cos the shop is having promo duno until when=) make payments to me @ posb sav 126-93221-9 thans PM me. =D

anw, im frm the July thread=) *cHeerSs*

Back