(2012/10) Oct 2012

Hi mummywong10,the Gynae did say it will go away over weeks and tt since I'm low risk for my down syndrome test,I do not have to worry abt it. Did check out forums too and was already not worrying abt it alrd until yesterday,my FIL ask my hubby to pray to guan yin and ask her to bless our son everyday to be healthy and all these worries come back again.
sad.gif

SJ's Mummy> Being parents, we are always sure to worry no matter what. I think your FIL meant well, he just want to pray for your baby safety/health, dont treat it negatively. Since gynae also give you advice that it's not so bad case, try not to think so much, when you are in bad mood, the baby will feel it. Or maybe if you are still very worried, go for alternative opinion?

Sharon: Before my baby gender was confirmed, I looked at girl names n I wanted Kayla n Chinese name that rhymes. I also like Coco cos I was at an infatuation phase with the longchamp leather le pliage collection n e bubbly model Coco Rocha in e tv advert :p

Wenty: tks, agree that e weight gain is nothing if baby healthy
happy.gif

Rach: cos of e scaring by dr sim's clinic staff of long wait, I reached e diagnostic ctr at 7.45am! I was first to be seen by sonographer (mine was Nicole seah n i think she's gd, she turned e monitor towards me n explained to me throughout n talked to my baby, even my baby seemed to like her n cooperated throughout
happy.gif
unlike my Oscar scan). I got my report n was waiting at dr sim's clinic by 8.45am! E clinic staff shared that other patients who walk in waited till noon...

SJ's Mummy: hope the bubbles will go away by ur next scan...

Regarding the Medela breast pump, my sister who gave birth last year will pass me her Medela freestyle breast pump, I asked her what's the diff with say Avent, she said she saw on Internet that Avent manual can yield more milk than Medela freestyle but the gd thing about Medela freestyle is that you can attach to bra and just pump freestyle (no hands required) then you have free hands to do other stuff, she said I would have to buy accessories like breast shields and spare parts and gave me a url at this forum (I haven't checked it out though, just started to get my act together to prepare for baby's arrival
sad.gif
):
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5972614.html?1338368992

May: I do not hv Novembaby's email address. Pls provide me with your email address again and adjust your FB settings to allow public search and also allow others to send friends requests to u. Thanks
happy.gif

sharonk, it was a lot last Thursday night, then continually subsided for a few days, but still it made me worry everytime I go to toilet.. >.<

reineluv, No, I did not have ultrasound yesterday, doctor said no need, coz too closed, just had detail scan last week, no need to scan again..

mummywong10, no, gynae did not give me any medication, he only said dont worry, but I do feel tired these few days, maybe will take MC or work from home.

Have been browsing about this topic in internet and looks like a lot of woman out there been encountering the same thing.. as long as there is no contraction and fresh blood discharge, everything should be ok..

Elizabeth: so far I can handle the stroller by my own. It weigh around 5.8kg, consider light for stroller that can be used since newborn. Most important, it is easily to turn around especially when forward facing.

Baby, thanks for the info
happy.gif
we will most likely go for that one
happy.gif
hehe.. just good that my july bonus is coming haha...

any suggestion on what brand of cot to look at?

Hello everyone! I'm also a Oct 12 first time MTB. Pls add me, thanks!

Age - 33
BB# - 1
Hospital - TMC
Gynae - Dr Adrian Woodworth
EDD - 29.10.12
Gender - TBC

ML, whats your #1's name? Mine also spanish footballer.. haha...

babyjo, i din expereicne cramping since T1 but i sitll have the pressure feeling down there sometimes..

Esther: haha then u shld name chanel or Hermes. haha!!!

Babyjo: yeah. girl girl very sweet = more things to buy.
didn feel cramp but still alittle tightening on n off

oh reineluv, relieved to hear that! i dun rmbr so much pressure down there with #1 lei.. and its not like #2 is bigger compared to #1.. anyway now only few hundred grams...

i have perpetual backache, still forced to play ball with #1..

Reineluv: I'm in my 21wk, I still throw up n feel giddy when taking train. Tat day I jus throw up at ION, outside warehouse after my expensive lunch at ION food court.. So paiseh..scared my friends..cos it come very sudden...

So angry...my tummy so obvious still gt no one let mi sit... :/

I can feel abit cramp now n then...izzit normal.

<font color="0000ff">Baby:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I will experience cramp when I need to go toilet after afew days no output...</font>

<font color="0000ff">Mini:</font> <font color="aa00aa">It is v common.. Ppl will look n look at yr tummy but their butt will not move to give up the seat for u.. Most will ignore and think u are fat tts all..</font>

Ya Mini.. Ple will just look but won't get up.. So far only 2 or 3 times ple give up seats to me ever since tummy protrude.. The rest will just act blur, close eyes etc.. Even guys cn snatch for seats...

Dear mummies,
Sorry to interrupt.
I am from Mtb Jan 2012.
I have a medela pump in style advanced (Pisa) tote bag; US imported set tote bag for sale.

Bought it in Jan 2012 and letting it go now (quite new) because I'm going back work and my job nature doesn't allow me to pump regularly. Latch on more often than pump since home all these while.

The set includes :
Stylish shoulder bag design
A/C adapter &amp; Battery Pak (8AA batteries not included)
Removable cooler carrier
4 collection containers &amp; lids
(1 brand new-totally unused)
2-24mm PersonalFit™ Breastshields (used)
Breastfeeding Information Guide
2 valves (used)
4 membranes(2 brand new)
Cooling element
Instructions 

In addition, i will be giving the following 
 - a Transformer for PISA $60 (For PISA after 2008) – 3 pin, power is as good as item 23 the original adaptor. Recommended for US PISA 9V. Direct from Singapore power socket to medela pump from
mega babies store because the original charger and adapter is too bulky
-1/4 bag of sacred tea ( for mummies who want to try if it works for them)
-40 pieces of pigeon breast pads (unsed)
-2 boxes of Nanny Storage Bags 
S$11.00 Quantity: 25 bags per box, Capacity: 6 oz or 170 ml

Do PM me or email me at [email protected] for pics,details and price!

Thanks!

Re: getting seats on public transport
Just to share my experience with no. 1.. Even when I was 8 mths preggie and days before I gave birth ppl can still ignore me on the bus. Some more my ride to work was a long one, abt 40mins bus ride and since it goes thru the expressway there are not many stops. So be prepared for more of such behavior from people. My female ex-coll can even tell me that since others pay the same bus fare as me i shouldnt expect them to give their seats to me :/ Having said that there are of course nice ppl out there. But I guess the bad experience outweighs the good. Hehe

Same here. Not many pple give seat to me.

Not that we lazy, just that we need to be more careful in case the train or bus brakes.

Quite sad that Singapore has turned into such a society.

Regarding giving seats, so far I have experienced many nice ppls who willing give up the seat for me. A gentleman even helped me to ask the person who is sitting give up the seat for me. Can be quite touch on this little gesture. But usually if I feel ok, I don't mind to stand for a while so I choose stand far from the seats.

Regarding bra, just sharing that I bought bra extension from CK department store (sgd 1 per pc) and I find it quite useful as my bra cup is still ok but I feel tight on the side.

Hi Esther! so qiao my baby's edd is ur birthday
happy.gif

Oh, i also bought the concentrated bird nest from eu yan sang, the sugarless range so that can also add the bird nest to porridge.

my detailed scan will be next tuesday at tmc, so looking forward! i miss seeing my baby and hope can confirm whether is boy or girl.

<font color="0000ff">SnU:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Congrats!! Just curious.. You hoping for a boy or gal? My hubby tell me no preference but when knw ours is a boy can see the happiness in him lo..</font>

Genevieve: have fun at your detailed scan, you will see your baby 360 degree, the most memorable moment for me was when my sonographer looked at my baby from buttock up and said 100% confirm boy cos she could see the scrotum very clearly :p the sonographer at my week 12 oscar scan did not want to comment but my hb saw the stick, when we went to see my gynae, my baby was not in position to tell the gender. During my week 16, my gynae said she saw the stick but she said 99% confirm boy. Even after week 20 detailed scan, she said cannot be 100% confirm, at most 99.99% confirm boy. Of course, the more important thing was the sonographer told me everything is normal but i still worry cos there's a caveat in the report... I saw my gynae after the detailed scan and my gynae said she thought my placenta was a bit low but my detailed scan said normal, my gynae said she will monitor.

Before I joined this forum, I had the impression from my FB circle that 1H2012 has more dragon boys and 2H2012 has more dragon girls, but there seems to be a lot of dragon boys in our list here! Even when I went to the Expo fair last Fri, most MTBs around me were looking/ asking for pink stuff
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Elizabeth:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya lo.. Think my hubby prefer boy cos can play computer games, watch soccer and play basket ball with them when they older.. More actives to bond wif them.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">Esther:</font> <font color="aa00aa">During my FA, the sonographer still put an arrow to point at the little birdy for us.. hehe.. But we already knw the gender during my wk16 scan lao..</font>

May: Wahaha, that's so funny, I think mine also have a pic like that but i'm v bad at making out the images :p Maybe we had the same sonographer? Mine was Nicole Seah
happy.gif
My colleague whose edd is close to mine, baby is a girl and did not have a pic like that for gender.

Dear mummies,

Pls post your full FB name and email address here in this thread if u wish to join our Oct FB group as I'm having problems with my pm. I received a pm from a mummy here but couldn't retrieve the pm. Thanks
happy.gif

thanks May,

i am the husband here.
my wife prefered a girl
/me pretended to be neutral but deep inside i prefered a boy

hahahhahaha
so when scan results showed,
i just fake fake :" aiya, same la... "
cos i know she may be a bit disappointed(although she dunwan to show, gynae, nurse, me, baby)

Hi, I'm also a first time MTB. Going for detailed scan this fri (hopefully can confirm gender). Details as below:

Age - 30
BB# - 1
Hospital - Mt A
Gynae - Dr Y C Goh
EDD - 23.10.12
Location - Central

<font color="0000ff">Esther:</font> <font color="aa00aa">My sonographer is in Mount A.. Think she not local.. But she did put the word genitalia over that pic.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">SnU:</font> <font color="aa00aa">As you are the only husband in the thread.. That's why I ask u lo.. Cos my hubby told me neutral as long bb healthy can lao.. But when I msg him is a boy as during the wk16 scan he was on biz trip.. When I see him and tell him again.. Can see his face lo..</font>

Hello, first-time MTB here! Do add me, thanks!

FB: [email protected] (Samantha Liew)
BB#: 1
Hospital: Mt. Elizabeth
Gynae: Dr. Christopher Chong
EDD: 17.10.12
NSEW: NE

My detailed scan will done this Saturday (finally!) so will update the gender after
happy.gif

Just wondering, have you booked your CL and ML? How much and any recommendation/ advice (both preferred and not preferred)? Hope it's not too late...

<font color="0000ff">Ester:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I have booked my CL @ $2200. I v KS.. During 1st trim I start calling lao..</font>

Samantha: I've requested Novembaby (Selena) to add u. Pls accept Selena's friend request when she sends you one. Thereafter, pls approve her invitation to add u to our FB Oct group
happy.gif

Mummies, If anyone else needs help joining our FB group, pls post your full FB name and email address here. I can't access my pm, there's some problem. Thanks!!

Esther: My mom is going to help me with confinement. She mentioned its easier for her now since there's only one bb to take care.. when there's more then will need a confinement lady.. as for ML, i will be fully utilising the 4 months + 2 months (asking for 4 but don't think my boss will allow)...

Oops, sorry I wasnt clear, I meant Massage Lady (ML) :p

Elizabeth: I have both my mom and MIL who can help me but most probably MIL cos my hb insisted that our baby must be taken of by MIL. We stay just 2 floors above my ILs anyway. But I think even with parental help, it is still quite shiong, so need a CL to wake up at night to feed baby and cook confinement food. Just my view and what other moms shared their experience with me
happy.gif

Esther: ohh hehee... Massage Lady, my hubby said he will take care of it so i left it in his good hands... even tho my MIL is here in Singapore and able to help, I insisted for my mom to be the one to help me haha because I feel more comfortable with her around.. my hubby simply give in to my needs haha... As I will be doing breastfeeding most of the time, so feeding at night still lies with me
happy.gif
My mom will be helping with the cooking and cleaning..
happy.gif

Back