(2012/10) Oct 2012

hi,

i think you will find that the rates for day care only and live-in are the same.
i am not an agent so i don't set the rates. it is more based on market rates. so the rates change depending on season, etc...
the day care only nanny has to find somewhere to live and pay for her transport and meals, so the rates for day care is the same as for live-in. this is from what i heard.
currently PEM will charge you $1000 deposit and about $2000 for the nanny, so $3000 in total.
the nannies i know, do not work for agents as most of them used to work for GPLS but it is now closed down.
they charge around $2200 flat rate. 28 days. usually you need to pay a deposit of up to $500 to secure the nanny.

let me know your edd, area of your flat/house and whether you want live-in or day only.

every nanny is different. who i recommend may or may not be what you imagine is a good or bad nanny. it is very subjective.
the nanny i recommend has been good so far with cooking and minding baby, so i have no complaints, so i am suggesting she could be helpful to you. personalities are different and you may or may not get on with the individual. in the end, it is up to you and the nanny to get along... i am only suggesting the nanny based on her experience and service.

i'll get the nanny to ring you if you PM me your number, area of living, edd.
thanks

Elizabeth: i would prefer my mom but she had a back operation last year and looking after my 1 yo nephew, mine is her 5th grandchild so think she's getting tired too, while this is my MIL's first grandchild and she's v excited abt it...

ur hb seems v proactive, so sweet
happy.gif
i have to "nag" at my hb to get things done, even last fri we went to expo fair he wasn't anxious to grab anything, he said there's ano expo in aug, wait and see, i'm less relaxed, in the end, i only bought baby bibs... i'm looking at stroller now, so expensive, did you buy the combi miracle turn? which one did you get, i think they have different range for miracle turn, i saw on Internet they have premium, dx etc... peg perego strollers look gd too but heavier, think also more expensive. At the expo fair, I was at the bonbebe booth and another couple was raving about the stroller having all the features they wanted, have you researched this brand before?

hi may,
both me and wife reads this thread.

just that i post sometimes its our thoughts, sometimes it my personal thoughts.

aiya, man confirm want boy la.

i also got many cute nieces...
i adore them but if i can choose, 1st kid, i prefer a boy.

b4 16 weeks, i already bought many mini baby soccer related tee, jumpers, mini-jackets for the baby already...
peopel tot confirm gender already meh?

hahahahaha

Envy all of you who can get CL. My hubby refuses to get me a CL now, all thanks to my uncle's and auntie's big mouths at the recent wedding lunch I attended with them.
They questioned me why do I need CL for? They said babies sleep 22hrs a day, so nothing much for CL to do. Just asked MIL to cook simple meals, washing can leave to hubby, housework can leave to part-time maid. Westerners also don't hire CL, also manage to cope very well.
Haiz... My hubby like kenna brain-washed by their thinkings.

wow.. i just realized i'm missing alot by sticking to FB only!

btw, i just had my detailed scan last week and confirmed is a boy!
happy.gif

Harni: Can u pls check your FB settings to enable public search and allow friends request? Novembaby is unable to locate u on FB, it could be due to ur FB privacy settings. Thanks
happy.gif

Genevieve: i think the CL is a choice thing, i'm also v sim tia to spend the money but i wana recuperate well and i dont wan my MIL and hb to stay up at night etc., i hope my CL will be gd and i can get along with her, i think i'll leverage my 1 mth CL to get infant care lessons too (i dont think i have time to go for pre-natal classes, also i had abit of experience taking care of my nephews and nieces)... anyway, if ur MIL and hb agree with ur uncle and aunty means that both of them are willing and can do everything that the CL does, as for Westerners, maybe it is they do not have a choice, my sis resides in UK with her hb, she gave birth to her first 2 kids in sg and her third one in UK, and she told me giving birth in sg is heaven as compared to UK and she definitely preferred sg...

I booked a cl for first month (28days ) and we live with my mum. Thou baby sleeps alot, they also wake up alot n needs to be fedevery few hours. Means someone needs to wash ,prepare n sterilize. They also poo alot, so someone needs to change them n wash d clothing . Plus we mummies need to rest n be fed confinement food , so food prep got to be done . Therefore Hubby n I decided on getting a cl . Aftercl leaves, it's my mum n I for a week ,n then my mil (from ovwrseas) will come stay eith us for a month to take care. After that during my maternity leave , it's me taking care Plus my mum aftr work . When I return to wk, it will be day time infant care, n for night n weekend , it's sharedbwtw my mum, Hubby n me

<font color="0000ff">SnU</font> <font color="aa00aa">Wow.. My hubby oso keep thinking of getting those soccer related tees.. But I say bb still small.. Can't wear.. If wan get bigger ones when the neck is stronger dan let him wear.. Haha..

I do hv many frend's hubby prefer gals than boys leh..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Serene:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Did you add me as frend in fb??</font>

Genevieve: so that (see Btil's post) is what CL does for remaining 22 hrs :p

I have a tentative CL, hope she hasn't fly my kite, suppose to collect deposit this mth. She's recommended by my hb's fren, we wanted to use her CL but turned out she's also preggie n edd 1 day earlier than mine so she asked her CL to recommend. Her CL's fren quoted us 2.3k in feb, she said match her fren, then we tried to negotiate cos we don't hv other kids n we staying on our own, but she said my fren has maid do house work, haiz...

May: It's Novembaby (Selena) who'll add u as her friend in FB and thereafter, send an invitation to u to join our FB group. Hv u received any friend request from Selena?

Nini: U're Harni, right? I'll ask Novembaby (Selena) to try to add u again
happy.gif

May / Nini: Novembaby (Selena) has sent a friend request to u, pls accept. Thereafter, she'll invite u to join our FB group, pls approve her group invitation too
happy.gif

anyone need CL, please let me know. day care or live in. $2.2k. very experienced. i do not get commission for recommendation or suggestion. just want to help out.

SnU: once my hubby know we're having a boy, he started to clean the small soccer balls for future toy.. Then at the expo we got a man u romper n he's super happy
happy.gif

Esther: nope didn't get to buy... Will look more at them this sat
happy.gif

Anybody going for hospital maternity tour?

SnU: I can understand how u feel. My hubby same as u la....tell me all his bros have son as 1st kid....so confirm BOY in the genes, if nt twins *faintz*

hi may,
got one .....
i got those infant size, toddlers size.

hi elizabeth,
hahahha, ya the rompers damn cute, but i think imitation one... but never mind la... wear a while only.... (my pals bought 1 for us too !)

hi miss lala,
maybe man more selfish ba.....
but honestly, if come out girl, i also equally dote one.
but ladies will say, girls can doll up, buy more pretty clothes....pink colour kitchen play set... and etc....
HENG !!! (thats a lot of $$)

For CL,
we engaged via agency,
cos our concept is
less contact = less conflict

if the CL not good, we just tick her off.
if MIL not good, it might be, wife tell me, i tell my mum and reply via me, i tell my wife.
i rather skip these complicated relationship issues by having a neutral person at home.
hee
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Serene:</font> <font color="aa00aa">IC.. I added her lao...</font>

<font color="0000ff">Esther:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I found thru a forum.. Call the CL who did for my sisters and frend's recom.. But not avail.. So I just call one of the CL recom in forum.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">Baby:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Dun be sad.. Gal oso gd.. closer to you.. But most impt bb is healthy..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Lala:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I went for Mt A hospital tour last Thur after my detail scan.. Maybe intend to take the Ante-Natal Courses next mth if my hubby is free too..</font>

<font color="0000ff">SnU:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Lol.. My hubby oso got those boots print booty for bb too.. Dan whenever we pass by toy dept.. He will start looking at figuring like gundam, lego, etc.. Say must start to buy for bb to play together.. Brings out the inner kid of him.. Faintz..</font>

Genevieve,
When I have my first child, I thought I would have a lot of free time during confinement but I am so wrong! New baby demand to be fed every 2-3 hours and breastfed-baby poo after every feed. Between baby feeds, still have to pump milk, do massage so really not much time for ourself. So I really appreciate having a CL to help manage baby during day time and take care of baby during night time.

SnU,
I agree that we tend to spend more $$ if baby is girl coz more things to buy
happy.gif
But girl can be very sweet also.. my gal would hug my hubby and declare "Papa, I love you" when my hubby return from work. That never fails to bring a smile on my hubby face. I suppose gal is better at tia daddy.. hahaha

May: My #1 is a gal. Although I 24/7 take care of her, she is still closer to daddy. Most of the time, felt so left-out as she doesn't really behave like a gal. She loves to collect and play cars, ride bicycle, skate or glide, etc... She doesn't play with Barbie doll at all. *faint*
Whenever we to Toyrus, she will skip the girls' section and go straight to the boys' section.

That's why there is a saying, Boys are closer to Mother (thus when married, most MIL and DIL can't get along well) and Girls are closer to Father.
For my case, I totally agreed.

Good Morning Mummies

I concur with Meredith and Babyjo on girls are closer to their daddy. My girl is also very close to my hb though its me and my mum who take care of her daily needs. When she want to play, she will look for daddy. Daddy is like her playmate. She will sit on his lap and play with him. And know what, both of them are 99% identical in looks. I saw a mini hb in her. Remember once, I went to package dinner with her and my mum. From afar, I thought I saw my hb waiting there for me.
happy.gif

Esther, I engaged a Malay Massage lady after around 6weeks from my c-sec previously. What I like most was, she will helped to massage my breast and can really feel that she unblocked all the clots. Can even see the milk 'shoot' out. And tummy also feel tighter after the massage. What I didnt like was the oilyness but no choice, massage sure got oil.

For Hospital tour, it is a session where the hospital staff will bring you around the hospital to show you their labour ward, different kind of maternity room (1-bedded, twin-bedded), the amenities around etc. For mummies to consider whether they like the facilities before they decide on which hospital for their delivery. But it also depend on your gynae, cause some gynae only deliver at certain hospital.

My hb actually said girl will be nice and closer to Daddy just like what Meredith, Baby and raspy have shared
happy.gif

Thanks raspy, do you have to engage the Massage Lady early?

Hi!

I have been a silent reader since i was preggie. Didn't know which forum to join as my EDD toggle between 30 Sep or 1 Oct. :p

Pls update my profile and kindly add me on FB!
happy.gif

FB: [email protected]
1st Baby BOY
Dr.: Paul Tseng @ TMC (deliver at TMC)

I wish to stock up diapers from NB to S whenver there's sale. Can mothers advise how many pieces do i need per day for NB and how many pieces per day i would need when baby reached S?

<font color="0000ff">Esther:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Hospital tour is as what Raspy mention.. The hospital staff will bring u ard to see the delivery ward, types of maternity rooms they have.. See the layout and how big the rooms are.. So you will hv a better pic in choosing which hospital and what type of rm to stay during delivery.. And most impt must knw which hospital yr gynae can deliver in..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Baby:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Tt's y ppl say daddy's girl.. Mostly are the mummy who take care of the kids.. Dad are mostly as playmates to them.. So when come to play mostly will look for daddy.. Eat will look for mummy.. Sad..
And I agree that boys are closer to Mums untill they found a gf..
sad.gif
</font>

Hi occty!!

On the topic of diapers, any mommies or daddies planning to get the "washable" types, there was a booth at expo fair selling them, though expensive but still seems more economical longer term and environmentally friendlier.

Esther, for my #1, I only decided to engage a massage lady after my delivery. And very luckily, they are still available. For this dragon year, Im not sure how is it like. But I had called my previous massage lady and informed her about my #2.

Occty, I think it depends on your bb size at birth too. Some babies are more chubby at birth. I remember during my #1, some mummies stock up alot of NB stuff and after delivery, their babies cant fit into them cause they are more chubby. So I don't dare to stock too much NB stuff, for my #1, I only bought 2 packs of Nepia NB and 2 packs of Nepia S to standby before delivery. And when the NB size run out, we tried S, if still too big, then my hb will go to the supermarket to get a pack of NB size. Not much difference in savings if just 1 or 2 packs.

Tks May, my gynae only delivers at TMC this year cos overwhelming deliveries this year, easier for her to do at TMC only... but i may still go find out if TMC has the tour and recce, so i feel more prepared about my surroundings
happy.gif

Hi Esther - My cousin bought the washable type, those with washable inserts right? Apparantly baby pee/shit too fast for them to change. In the end they gave up and use diaper...and i am a lazy person...hehe. So should be using diaper.

I heard Nepia NB cutting abit bigger than pampers and huggies... But my gf strongly recommend this brand though...

Raspy: Same here! My #1 also looks like daddy.

Occty: My #1 is using Nepia since borned. It is softer than Pampers. #1 has very sensitive bum. Can only use Nepia and no other brands. Recently Nepia is OSS everywhere (Coz they are changing new packaging) and we ran out of diapers. Tried Merries. It is even softer than Nepia but won't last long and leak.

Baby jo: Quick go to Nepia website buy their old packaging diapers! Having sale now to clear away old packaging. But only left with S and M.

I wanted to order 2 carton of S but my sister said i am crazy. So i just ordered 1 carton of S. Is that enough? Alot of mothers said cannot stock up too many in case baby not suited that brand and will cause leak/rash wor...

this was the promo for washable diapers that i saw at the expo fair last fri, brand not captured in the pic and i cant remb:

7127030.jpg

Occty: Pls provide me with ur full FB name so Novembaby (Selena) can locate u on FB. And kindly adjust ur FB privacy settings to allow public search and also allow ppl to send friend requests to u on FB
happy.gif

Esther, ya, this is the one they bought. But my cousin didn't buy this one. They bought similar one from gmarket to test out with the inserts.

Ms Lala: We're gg for the Mt E maternity tour this Sat morning. Actually it's more for my boys, to show them where they were born (cos they're now old enough to appreciate knowing, tat 8 and 10 yrs old). Since I've delivered there 3 times previously, we kinda know where everything's is le. But I oso know that Mt E has been renovated since my last delivery there in 2008.

For MTB that Mother or MIL is doing confinement without CL:

After reading comment from experience mother about the needy from infant and consulting with my mother who will be helping me to do my confinement. I am quite worry that my mother will overwork as she insist that I need to rest alot in the first 12 days after giving birth.

Initally, I was thinking of catering confinement food but the idea was objected by my mother as she want to cook for me and dont trust the caterer. Haiz... old school thinking. but no choice.

Finally, we have come to a decision that we will order Tingkat during the 1.5 month to 2 months as this helps her not to cook dinner and wash for the family. This also helps to save cost as compared to confinement catering.

My 2 cents.

Disposable Diaper:

Anyone has used the brand GOO.N?? What is your experience on this product??
I read quite alot of positive comment in the online website.
Recently, I have bought a pack of S size from the Expo fair. The NB is already Out Of Stock on Sat Morning.
Thinking of getting this brand because of it cost, good review from online website and free delivery to home for carton purchase.

Diapers
I am a fan of Mamy Poko and I've been using this for my #1 from birth till now. Reliable and no diaper rash so far.

Massage Lady
Joanna - I've decided to engage the same ML that did for me after the delivery of my #1. I've already informed her my EDD to prepare her.
happy.gif

Devilene:
Thanks. I have 10 pieces of Mamy Poko NB sample from a Baby talk.
On hand, I have about 20 pieces of sample to try now.
Got from different talk, fair and online request.

Keiko,
My gal is using GOON. I like this brand, very soft and holds well. The cutting is bigger than Pampers. I bought 2 pkts of NB and 1 carton of S from GOON at the recent Expo fair. The other brand that I am keen to try is Nepia. Saw at the expo, seems soft also.

Back