(2012/09) Sep 2012

hi mummies, im fr june 2012. if anyone needs a confinement lady at the end of Aug or early Sep i'd like to recommend my confinement lady. She is fabulous and a God sent to me during my confinement. She happens to be available because her client who.booked her delivered much earlier. Msg me at 97527658 for more details.

Hi Mummies,

Have you heard of "No Rinse Waterless Shampoo"? First time hear it so want to ask if anyone has any comments on it to be used during confinement since we can't wash our hair?

Thanks!

Hi joypoh, my due date is same as you and I am also using the same CL as you but she identified herself as Yu Lan with the same hp number 91096523. She was recommended by a friend and I contacted her in Jul. She mentioned that she is only available in early Oct and recommended that her friend to do the confinement for me for the 1st two weeks and she will take over from her if she's no good. I was told to contact her friend and mentoined that it's Ah Mun who referred me to her. (I suspect Yu Lan and Ah Mun is actually the same person) Also, Yu Lan mentioned that she will not be available in 10 October as she needs to attend for her daughter's graduation (instead of wedding as mentioned by you). Luckily, I happen to chance upon this thread and share about your experience. I am seriously reconsidering about confirming her friend as my CL.

Hi joypoh, my due date is same as you and I am also using the same CL as you but she identified herself as Yu Lan with the same hp number 91096523. She was recommended by a friend and I contacted her in Jul. She mentioned that she is only available in early Oct and recommended that her friend to do the confinement for me for the 1st two weeks and she will take over from her if she's no good. I was told to contact her friend and mentoined that it's Ah Mun who referred me to her. (I suspect Yu Lan and Ah Mun is actually the same person) Also, Yu Lan mentioned that she will not be available in 10 October as she needs to attend for her daughter's graduation (instead of wedding as mentioned by you). Luckily, I happen to chance upon this thread and share about your experience. I am seriously reconsidering about confirming her friend as my CL.

Hi,

Anyone looking for day time nanny in CCK, pls pm me. Helping my aunt source for babies to look after.

Just a small intro, my aunt used to look after babies during her younger days before her marriage, after married she is a full time housewife looking after her 2 kids now aged 21 & 18. She's very clean & hygienic.

Do let me know if u're keen to engage her service Mon-Fri with babies leaving at her place. She is staying at CCK Ave 3. Pls email or PM me [email protected]

Hi Mummies, I'm from the July 2012 thread. Mummies signing up for Cordlife at Parents World Expo on 31 Aug 2012, if I refer you, we will each receive $100 shopping vouchers. PM me. Thanks!

Dear all, pls beware of this confinement lady from malacca. Her name is aunty Meimei. She is recommended by another confinement lady call aunty guihua from malacca..

To keep it short, her cooking is terrible!! My mum, mum in law n my hubby all say her cooking is super terrible! My hubby even say he can cook better than her.. She even had a cooking recipe book which I found she hide it in my kitchen cabinet.. She dun even cook longan red date water everyday n keep leftover longan red date water for me to drink in fridge.. She complain n gossip abt everything.. Say my house kitchen small, kaya not nice, bath tub not good, massage lady fat, baby clothing not gd, my relative fat, etc etc.. N she keep some half cook meat in the fridge n recook tomoro for mi to eat..when I tell her off she even threaten mi to pay her salary n she will leave.. N she love to go shopping.. Ask my mum in law go shopping with her few times but mum in law reject her.. I bring her go buy groceries at giant end up she go shopping buy clothes herself..

The worst thing mi n my hubby feel abt her is that she I not appreciative! She even tell mi aunty guihua is not gd etc etc.. She should have some ethics n be appreciative since it's aunty guihua who recommend her the job but yet she turn around n gossip abt her..

Aunty Meimei Hp is 0102319077
Aunty guihua Hp is 91305526, 60122878467

I m not gaining anything from this post. I just hope all mummies will beware n especially first time mums like mi will not get such bad experience when we hav to pay so much for confinement lady n we can't get gd confinement at all!

Hi, i would like to recommend the services of my CL who has taken very gd care of me n the baby for the last 2 months. As her client after me has delivered much earlier, she is now available in sep month. Anyone int k send me a PM msg for her contact. Thks

Hi I would like to recommend TCM Dr. Ong Swee Ling from Yong Kang Medical Hall for children massage. After ten sessions of massage, my daughter's appetite improved and she also developed stronger resistance to cough, colds and diarrhea etc.

She has a masters and Phd in TCM from Nanjing University in China and used to work for Tan Tock Seng Hospital. Her charges are very reasonable and she is very friendly.

She even has a blog where she posts about the cases she has treated etc... You can call her clinic at Tel: 62726400.
http://drongsweeling.blogspot.com/

Hi all mummies,

My 4th weeks old gal Izmir a g6pd deficiency. Wanna ask if she can apply ru yi you? Cos she fart a lot and seems to have stomach discomfort.

Thanks!
Irene

Hi mummies, anyone gave birth naturally at SGH & opt for class A1 single bedded? How much did you pay in total after all the deductions & subsidize?

hi all i am a sept mummy just gave birth to a my baby boy, c-sect. Was very teary when i first came home from the hospital. Anyone experienced this? Worried of getting postnatal depression... any ideas on how to overcome this?

Hi Mums,

Like to join Sept facebook,
email: [email protected]..

happy.gif

Hi mummies,
I am from 2012/oct.
I am looking for CL for immediate 2 weeks assignment.
Any of your very good CLs are off assignments during this period. Please let me know.
happy.gif

Thanks in advance.

Hi... I'm from the June 2012 thread
happy.gif

I've an opened pack of Goon S size to clear. Used less than 5 pieces from the pack of 52 but baby has since outgrown. Original price $21, now selling at $15. Self-collection only at Cityhall during weekdays. Feel free to PM me if you have queries. Thanks!
happy.gif

hi new mummies,

I have a new packet of sacred tea from origin jamu massage and frenugreek from green life(been consume for only less than 20caps) to give away.Will wanted to give to those that is trying hard to establish milk supply.Collection to be at yishun northpoint.interested pls pm me.I also have a farlin binder(L) for mum that is on sale for just $20.In very good condition as only been use a few time.

Hi Mummies,

I'm due next week and would like to ask any recomendation for full month party give away cakes? I've eaten so many cupcakes from sweeteset moments so any other option will be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi alohajosun,
Planning to bring bb to see pd too.
Recently, she cries a lot during the night till abt 3am.
Maybe due to colic... Got hb to get gripe water. Hopefully it helps to reduce the night colic.

Hi alohajosun,
Planning to bring bb to see pd too.
Recently, she cries a lot during the night till abt 3am.
Maybe due to colic... Got hb to get gripe water. Hopefully it helps to reduce the night colic.

Hi alohajosun,
Didn't visit pd as bb's BCG no more yellow pus... The swell also subsided. Thank goodness.
Hope your bb too.

Hi sushi1465,
I have not tried it before.
To boost up BM, you can try to drink more soup especially fish bone papaya (green ones) soup... Add lemon grass for fishy smell. It really helps for BM..
Good luck!

Hi royce, thks. my cl doesn't cook fish papaya soup for me n she keep saying im those with no milk supply de :-\

btw, do u wake ur bb up to have milk when its feeding time if bb still sleeping? if bb can't finish the milk, must we feed until bb finish it even if it takes more than half an hour?

Hi sushi1465,
Oh... Ok. I am just like case. No milk supply.
Many told me that I should pump or let bb latch on every 2-3 hours. This will definitely help in increasing BM.
But me felt very tired and lethargic after delivery and slept most of the time during my confinement. So BM supply very low.
Well, important thing is that, never never get stressed up which I tell myself... Else post natal depression will slip in easily... There is formula milk so no worries.
happy.gif

About bb... Some might say have to feed bb every 3hrs (approx) and must not skip even during in the night time (our sleeping time) but I don't wake bb up during the night time for feeding if bb doesn't wakes up. Let bb and yourself sleep during the night, have good night sleep. Don't stress yourself and bb. (bb may be in the sleepy mode and may not suckle for long and on the other hand you are trying to feed)

If bb can't finish her milk (formula) at the usual timing.
- I will definitely would like my bb to have a good habit of finishing the milk (don't waste milk)
Things you may want to ask yourself:
- is the amount of milk too much?
Reduce the amount, Bb may drink less (perhaps bb has small stomach) but more frequent feeds needed.
- is the flow rate flow too slow (bigger teat size needed)?
Bb may be sucking too hard and too tired to go on.

The above are just a guide.
Hope these might help you.

Cheers

Hi royce, thanks so much for the reply. my milk supply is really getting lesser. sigh.
My girl drink very slow during day time unless she is very very hungry. but she can finish the milk very fast during night time.
Btw, do u give ur bb pacifier? i find that my girl sometimes will look for pacifier bcos she will open her mouth even after she is full. wonder should i give her pacifier (currently no giving her afraid it will affect her jaw). do u advise to give or not to give? if yes, which brand is good?
thank u
happy.gif

Hi sushi1465,
I read the posts and you mentioned your milk supply is getting lesser. I have extra supplies of bm which are all stored in the freeze, which I would like to donate if not they will go to waste. They were expressed in Sep-Oct. My baby is now 10wks old. If you are interested, please let me know or email me [email protected]

Hi sushi1465,
If bb opens his/her mouth especially with tongue sticking in and out even after milk.
1) no cries
- monitor bb, observe if no abnormal behaviour, perhaps you can ignore.
2) accompanied by cries
- insufficient milk intake, need to increase feed gradually, perhaps by 10-20ml.
- if after every feed, still mouth still open and crying is very persistent then suggest pacifier. It may or may not help.

Pacifier
- giving pacifier is up to individual, the mother or the bb.
Some mummies would like to pacify bb by giving pacifier but bb just push it out and vice versa.
If you are afraid of the jaw thing, perhaps you can get those with flat teats, think avent has it. Or you may want to google on the effect on pacifier and it's type. Can't really i advise much.

My bb rejects pacifier.

Hope you get your answer soon.

Cheers!

Back