(2012/09) Sep 2012

what is bfp?

according to my gynae my edd should be 3rd sept.

Hopefully i can be sept 12 mum-to-be as i'm currently on hospitalization leave as i'm having spotting. seeing gynae this friday and praying hard that everything is ok and the heart is still beating.

<font face="Comic Sans MS">hi, i tested bfp over the wkend &amp; from my own calculation edd is 22 Sept. not seeing gynae till 4 feb as he's fully booked but i'm hoping for a smooth pg as had 2 miscarriages before this.

hope to see more mommies here!
happy.gif
</font>

hi suzie, me too hoping for this pregnancy to be smooth also as i also had 2 cases of no heart beat... Good luck to you on this pregnancy.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Flubby> BFP is big fat positive! Hope you get well soon. Talk to your baby.

Suzie> Hi...Don't worry too much. Maybe u wanna see another gynae to obtain some an tai medicine first?

Wishing everyone a sticky pregancy!</font>

Harlow mummies

Nice to meet all of you here. My edd should be 3 Sep same as flubby. Seeing gynae too this Friday. Really looking forward to it=)

Hi, my wife just tested positive last weekend. Based on calculation, our edd should be 19Sept. Hope to learn from this forum how to be a good caregiver to my wife.

Just to share abit of our exciting story here. As being first time parents ourselves, we actually bought 3 pregnancy test kits - one invalid, and 2 tested positive. And the one tested invalid is the most expensive of all -:p Maybe, we are too blur to test correctly.

Next, we went on to see a GP to confirm pregnancy and managed to book a first scanning on 19th Jan. Hope every thing goes well as my wife reported left side of tummy bloated but not the right side. Did anyone has similar symptom?

Lastly, being first time daddy again, me too 'gan jiong' and 'gei kiang' go and buy Similac Mummy powder - thinking my wife may not get insufficient nutrients, in the end, the milk powder is found not suitable for my wife as she got diarrhorea after drinking it. So another lesson learnt is buy sample first before buying the actual thing to try.
happy.gif
That's all for now.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Hi all, my edd is 2 sep but my doc say subject to changes on later dates.
I keep feeling cramps and pulling pain on one side of the tummy but no sign of spotting. I'm not sure if its normal, but didnt want to scare myself so try not to think too much.

Any of you all suffering MS?

Hi there
Finally the sept thread is out waited for quite some time.
My edd is 15 sept. This is my 3rd bb.
Shaggy
My ms starts when I'm less then 4th week. Ms the whole day from the time I wake up until at nite I sleep. Really unbearable. Can't eat alot.
Next week will get to see my bb heartbeat.

I saw the doc last week at 6 weeks and he manage to spot the heartbeat. I was so relived! I thought its gonna be a wasted trip cos i wasnt expecting to see bb heartbeat at 6 weeks.

Adeline: i hope you get to see bb heartbeat soon! I'm not getting very strong MS yet. Alittle worried but yet i'm not sure if i really wanna experience MS!

Hi all, this is my no 2.
Edd based on o date should be 15 Sep.
Can't wait for first gynae appt on 30 Jan!
Shaggy> I'm also having cramps and some tugging on the right side of my abdomen. I hope it's just due to the expansion of the uterus...

Shaggy> helo!mi not getting strong ms too...(touch wood). Slight Cramp is alright as long no spotting. R u first time mummy? Adeline> hi, u should be d most experienced mummy now, hope to share with us your experience. Haha. Wat r the gender of ur no1&amp;2? Gan jiong daddy- hello! Wanted to buy milk powder too but hb request sample fr dumex first. Ur first child too? Wan wan> hi. Update us on ur visit. Which gynae r u consulting?

Hi mummies,
I calculated my EDD is in early Sept. I have already joined the July thread as I didnt find any SEpt. Anyway, I've popped by. I am also a 3rd time mummy, like Adeline. Have not seen Gynae as fully booked. only seeing in Feb 3. A little nervous as my 2 is already 6 yrs this yr..... I have been having lots of cramps througout the day which gets worse when I move around too much or dont drink enough water. I am also super bloated. Have not told anyone abt this preggy.

Bless03: yes, this is my first time, therefore alot of guessing here and there.

I heard that mummy's formula milk tend to be very fattening, thats why i'm very afraid to try. I'm only drinking fresh milk and soya milk. I'm praying hard i dont put on too much weight..

hi everyone, my EDD is 5 sep, and I am expecting our #2... all's good except I feel very tired. mild morning sickness.....

Shaggy>same here. Saw ur post at ttc thread. I also have pcos &amp; tried for ard 2 yrs &amp; almost wanted to see a fertility doc but glad that our prayers are answered.oic, dunno if have suitable low fat milk? Who is ur gynae? Pokka &amp; kin> welcome experienced mummies
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

I was tested +ve 2 weeks ago and EDD is 16 Sep. Expecting #2
happy.gif

I have shortlisted 2 Gynaes:
1. Dr. Fong Yang (Paragon/ Tiong Bahru)
2. Dr. Chan KH (Chan K H Clinic for women)
Any reviews are welcome!

Hi bless03,

Your hubby is smart to ask for sample -in case the milk powder not suitable for you. I was too excited to consult my wife before buying - so now dun know what to do with the milk. Maybe I can try the milk so as not to waste it - hope no effect on me.
happy.gif

Yes. This is my first baby - hopefully, all turn out well. Our first scanning is at TMC this week, the gynae is referred by my wife's GP.

Hi all, duno should join aug or sep thread. Hehe. Edd was 31aug based on 1 gynae. And 5sep based on another. Went to have ultrasound le. Saw a blinking light. Suppose to be heartbeat forming. But can only see from internal scan. And doc said 6 weeks. Hehe. Exciting. Also a first time mum

Gan jiong daddy, ur wife probably can try the milk at later stage. Coz a lot will be constipated. But the milk seems to be damn fattening de. U might not see the heartbeat when u go for scan on 19th. Think too early. But can try la. Hehe. If just see the waterbag without vlinking light, dun stress ar. Coz too early. Ask ur wife drink more water before go in see gynae. So can see clearer. But if too small, will probably do internal scan to see.

Shaggy, gynae will tell u. All that happens is normal so long as no spottings. I have the below stated symptoms.
- giddy spell
- morning sickness
- constant hunger
- backache
- acute pain in lower abdomen for not more than 5sec
- pulling effect in tummy ( left n right )
- pulling effect in v. Area. ( like when ur menses is heavy )
- white/yellow discharge
- frequent urinating
- jelly leg
- wake up every 2 hrs at night
- bloated
- constantly tired
- short of breath
- chest pain

Very jialat right. But gynae said all is normal.

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your advice. I just learnt from my wife that she has diarrhoea problem when she was a baby, that why she can only take soya milk. If I know earlier, won't ask her to try the milk. Yah, the milk I later found from the Internet is fattening and not really require if the pregnant mum is taking proper meals - the side effect is gaining more weight.

The purpose of 19th Jan scan is just to ensure our baby is in the right position, coz my wife initially feedback she only feel tightening of muscle at her left side and not right side. Being first time parents, we googled and found that ectopic pregnancy seems to have abit of resemblance - but we do not suspect this as there is no sharp pain just cramp and bloatedness. To stop us from guessing and anxiety, we try to go for earlier scan just to have a peace of mind.

Will ask my wife to drink more water before the scan - thanks for the advice. In fact, she has been drinking more frequently than before which kind of surprised me - coz she normally dun drink this much. We read that reading more water will reduce water retention too.

ganjiong daddy, I read your post n would like to share a bit of my experience. I start drinking similac on my 5th week n I do have diarrhea for few days. So I stop drinking it. N 3 days later, I start drinking it again with adding 4 teaspoon of oats n to my surprise, no diarrhea since then. I read that we should always not to drink it with empty stomach. N diarrhea quite common at early stage. But have to monitor how serious it is.
I continue drinking it at night only becoz I can't really have proper meal due to morning sickness n worst most evening sickness. Milk with oat is the only source of my nutritious for those weeks till today. I'm 12 weeks now.
About gaining weight, emm, I juz gain 1 kg from my 5th weeks till now. Well, I think if have ms.. Gaining weight is a very hard task at this moment.

<font color="aa00aa">Gd morning everyone...

Gan jiong daddy> My gynae is also in TMC. Who is ur wife's gynae?

QQ>So gd to gain only 1kg...Tink 1st trim put on weight is mummy who gain...</font>

Hi QQ,

Thanks for your valuable advice - really enlighten me. This advice comes in handy as my wife is a full-term tutor - she may sometimes has no time for proper dinner as business is peak for nite tuition - then I can ask her to try the milk again, think she may going to frown at me again to let her become guinea pig again. :p

Hi bless03,

We are seeing Dr Eunice. But not yet confirm which gynae yet. Dr Eunice is recommended by my wife's GP. We just want to go for the first scan to ensure baby is in the right position.

Hi morning mummy

Shaggy,
My 1st 2 not much ms. Only this 3rd one super jialet. Only with lying down n resting can curb the feeling no mood to talk to my children also. Taking unpaid leave to rest at home. Luckily my boss is very understanding.
Bless03,
My 1st is boy 2nd is girl both are 6 and 5 this year. They are anticipating this bb everyday ask mummy when is bb coming out. Hehe my hubby born in dragon year so he wanted a dragon bb. After this have to close shop 3 is more then enough. I also gain 1kg nia. Totally no appetite every meal have to force myself to eat.
Kin,
So ur 2 kids boy or girl? My 1st is 6yrs old.

Hi everyone, great to see sep thread up. I am expecting my 2nd child, edd should be 11 Sep 12, same as bless03. Really excited here , have seen gynae at week 4 and week 5,waiting to see baby heartbeat next week.

<font color="aa00aa">gan jiong daddy> Oic. Heard of her. My gynae is Dr Benjamin Tham. Tmr is the day, must be pretty excited
happy.gif

Adeline>Oic, so sweet of ur kids and so nice to have a boy &amp; girl. So u wish ur no 3 to be? Tink gynae will prescribe u anti-nauseau pills. Tink drinking ginger tea or eat plain biscuits can curb ms.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Elaine> High five! I saw my baby heartbeat last sat but it was through v-scan. Can't wait for my apptment next sat...</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS">thank you all. i'm hoping we all have sticky pgs! this is my 2nd baby btw but there's a 5yr gap between my 1st and 2nd.
having mild MS, constantly hungry, nauseous, sleepy and bitter taste in mouth. anyone has that?</font>

suzie, i got that too... and my nipple also damn swollen... hehehe... last night i tried lime juice.. used to totally hate it.. but i actually liked the taste now.. weird taste buds...

wahhhhhhh my edd is 3rd sept too but gynae says most likely early again only by how much nia ..

anyway .. when is the lunar 7th mth ar?

shaggy !! me also cramp and pain in low abs till my gp was scare i was eptotic .. but bb is in correct position according to gynae ... luckily ..

<font color="aa00aa">Ayukie>Lunar 7th mth falls on 17 Aug- 15 Sep.

Cathy>Tink now spicy and sour taste suits our taste buds...</font>

hihi, my edd is 4 sept and this is my #2; just went for a scan this monday and can see slight flickering but cannot hear the heartbeat - still too small to hear

bless - aiyo jialat so its either give birth durin 7th mth or full mth do during 7th mth .. hmz ..

bless - sour taste for me haiz .. my mouth is sooo bland ..

Adeline,
My kids are 2 girls, one 10 yrs, one 6 yrs.....Like so old already hor. now ,of course, hoping for boy....

hmz mine is edd is 3rd sept but i can hear the heartbeat but quite abit soft compared to my #1 (like horse racing) :|
my scan also last mon ..

<font color="aa00aa">Boy or girl-How true can it be!(Juz for fun!)

It's a boy if:

You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the extra weight out front
Your belly looks like a basketball
Your areolas have darkened considerably
You are carrying low
You are craving salty or sour foods
You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
Your hands are very dry
Your pillow faces north when you sleep
Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
Your urine is bright yellow in color
Your nose is spreading
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it swings left to right
You are having headaches
You add your age at the time of concept! ion and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number

It's a girl if:

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
Your left breast is larger than your right breast
Your hair develops red highlights
You are carrying high
Your belly looks like a watermelon
You are craving sweets
You are craving fruit
You crave orange juice
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
Your face breaks out more than usual
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
Your breasts have really blossomed!
Your pillow faces south when you sleep
Your urine is a dull yellow color
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in a circle
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an ! odd number</font>

erm i gt worse ms and even earilier ms then my current preg and my #1 is a boy!! lol

bless - haiz .. hb was commenting lor bleahz .. do ppl do full mth during lunar 7th mth?

hmmm actually we should be happy leh! it turns out lunar 7th month is a good month this year.. my pil went to some fortune teller (same FT as all the PMs and PAP big shots). said some month baby this dragon year is direct CURSE to grandparents. Just be glad that our month is good month and no curse anyone...
happy.gif

Bless03> my no 1 is a gal and turning 3 this year!
Gynae is Dr Fong at Tiong Bahru

Cathy> My nipples are feeling really sensitive too and I noticed blue veins on my breast!! Wearing bra with no wire now if not very painful!! Sob sob

<font color="aa00aa">gan jiong daddy> My frend tried d ring thing before she know the gender and is indeed the gender that signifies it.</font>

<font color="0077aa">hi, i'm excited to be joining this group! Got a false negative when i tested last week and yesterday, i tested positive!
I'm about +-4 weeks now and this will be my baby#2
happy.gif
</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS">sorry i need to ask a stupid question. since my gynae will be away till 4th feb, do u tink i can go to a gp for early scanning? do they have such facilities? i'm gan jiong due to past 2 miscarriages.
a cold tin of carrot/orange juice will be perfect now!</font>

Back