(2012/08) Aug 2012

jojo,
SBI is for second or third time mummy
FBI is for first time mummy
its TMC discount
happy.gif

http://www.thomsonmedical.com/facilities.htm

Sashamama: Nope, I got her contact from my friend who had many friends who highly recommended her. My friend did not hire a CL.

The CL is Malaysian and I don't think the quoted price includes permit. I am very surprised that she comes so highly recommended because she sounded very calculative over the phone: do you have a maid, how many children do you have, do you expect me to clean the floor, does your child go to childcare etc? I mean, isn't cleaning the floor one of the duties of the confinement lady? Sigh.

Sorry, just needed to rant a little. I had VERY bad experience with confinement ladies with my #1 (they were from a CL agency that was highly recommended in this forum) and it caused a lot of unhappiness at home. Speaking to this lady over the phone who had all these calculative sounding questions just brought back some very unpleasant memories.

Sashamama, can u give me mdm Ida 's contact? My Edd is 3rd week of aug, n I will b go to c sec, so massage only can do after 3 weeks later, I hope she still have slot in sept. tks!
happy.gif

baby_lang> i think some CLs are over rated in the forum.. not sure if its the bosses of the agency who fake as mummies to post lor..

Re: CL
I agree with Sherry that some of these CLs, especially the so-called highly recommended ones(in forum) tend to be very calculative and choosy. They also tend to demand higher pay because somehow they know that they're being recommended in the forum. I have contacted two such CLs recently. One of them told me she is booked right away. The other one intially said she is free when I told her my EDD. Later she started asking questions like: How many children I have, whether I have a maid etc. After I told her this is my #3 and that I have no maid, her tone changed immediately and said that she will only consider. All these even after I assured her that she need not take care of my older kids as they are already in full day childcare and I have a babysitter who will take care of them after school, and that she need not do house chores as I have a weekly part time cleaner. She is also very frank that she will only machine wash our clothes, even baby's! And only disposable diaper is allowed on baby! Biangz!! Having experienced two horrible CLs in the past, I really do not feel comfortable with this CL. Luckily I manage to secure another CL who is highly recommended by my colleague. Spoke to her over the phone and she appears to be very easy-going and not calculative as the other one, and at lower price somemore! Really hope that this time will be better...

Mummies, guess I'm quite lucky, my CL doesn't talk much, unless u chit chat with her, I very scared those who keep talking non stop one. Also, when I engaged her for my 1st boy, I didn't ask anything, but she did all the job , mopping floor every evening, wash our clothes by machine, bb's by hand wash , we used cloth nappy somemore.

Sashamama, can I have Ida's contact as well? Not sure if she still has slots. Do we have to pay her a deposit or just verbal booking?
Thanks!

Ivian,
You are one lucky mummy to have employed a good CL on first try
happy.gif
.. so are you getting her again this time?

That Mdm Ida that Sashamama booked is also the massage lady that I used for my previous post-natal massage. She is indeed very good. Not calculative and punctual. Very good in breast massage to clear blocked ducts. I noticed that my milk supply increased a lot compared to my #1 time. You can also find tons of good feedback on her in this forum. I called her this afternoon and already booked her slot for mid/late August. If you are keen better book her early as she is VERY popular. I think she should still have slots for September since now is still quite early...

Dear jojo,
The most accurate one will be to wait til week 20’s detailed scan. Unless ur doctor tell you during one of the scans before that if he is very confident!

Dear MummyR,
I am applying for the FBI card on the day of my Oscar scan. I just heard that if we pay for Oscar scan and detailed scan at one go, it may be cheaper!

Dear Ninger,
Hurray! This means the one I found is good la. Haha. So happy!!! You didn’t book for pre-natal ah? Her rates are very reasonable wor. $40 per pre and $50 for post. Do you know if she brings her own bed?

As for CL, mine also said machine wash and use disposable diapers, which I am ok with, so no problem. She didn't sound calculative, she sounded friendly.

Dear Bright and ej,
If you are young, the risks are much lowered, thus doc might not initiate. But you can still request though. The scan is not done by other doctor. It will be done by the hospital’s sonographer or depending on where ur doc recommends.
I think drawing blood is ok la, if 3 tubes will still be one needle. I went through IVF twice, already kena poked 100 times or so, some are hormonal jabs at tummy, some are to draw blood. My blood very hard to draw some more. The nurse always check left, check right, check left. But tahanable if nurse is experienced.

Dear Ivian,
I PMed you Ida’s contact. Hopefully she is still available!

Dear Mindy,
You don’t accept PM, I can’t send you. Can you PM me or allow it in your profile? She did not ask me for any deposit. It is just a verbal booking.

Bright, u better call clinic ask them arrange for u first if u wanna do OScar, it's done At a clinic in paragon, but first must go dr fong's clinic to take blood and pay for the Oscar fees..

Bright, juz reach 12 weeks. If decided for Oscar test, book early. For my case, I try to book a week earlier but fully booked. End up have to walk in at 8.30-9.30 n join the que.

Yanlin, oscar test only would be $318 incl gst at TMC. If Oscar test + detail scan (wk20) will be $430 at TMC.
For me, Oscar test at TMC but detail scan will be done at Gynae clinic at cost $90++.

It is up to you to do Oscar test or not. U can select triple test if you are comfortable with triple test. Both are ds test.

Hi mummies,
All of you getting CL. Anyone not getting CL but ordering Confinement food via tingkat?? I am thinking of this option instead. Not sure if food will really be fresh.......

QQ : For the triple test, is it the one done say abt 20 wk, wic also include HIV testing?

I just saw Sept 2012 mummies set up. I may be popping over there as I've calculated prob early sept or so. maybe late Aug? I called the clinic and they say that base on the day where you first miss your period, Week 1 of babby begins 7 days after the day you miss period. correct?

Thanks for the info on Oscar test. Seeing what u all shared makes it quite interesting.

Btw, besides Mdm Ida any other massage lady to recommend?

Kin, I saw from the schedule given by Gynae. Triple test on wk 16. The wk20 is detail scan.

Did u use iPhone? If yes, can download My Pregnancy apps. I find that it is helpful.

Hi all,

It's been sometimes since I enter the forum, so many new MTBs!

LFC: I agree with what you said.
My situation is a little different as I'm working in my hubby's family business.

Over in Taiwan, the women there don't seem to get MS. I get dizzy spells a lot during the initial stage so I look a few days leave. Instead of concern (cause mostly family members), I get the "why ain't you working today" quite a lot. Even when I am working, my colleagues will tell me I look really bad and ask if I'm ok.

MIL doesn't understand MS and started berating me for not eating and that it doesn't matter if the smell turns me off, I should just eat and puke. -_-

Even when I'm on unpaid leave (they don't accept mc, only UNPAID leave), I still complete my work in my room (workplace at lvl 2, we stay on lvl 6) so I guess the only difference is that I'm not physically there.

Anyway, I decided to quit my job. It's shitty but better than being misunderstood by everyone. And it makes more sense cause there is a possibility that I'll come back to Singapore to give birth.

I'm so much more comfortable with my gynae here than in TW (for my previous MC, I started bleeding cause I think I over exert myself - sis-in-law sent me to check on the container (I do international sales and purchasing) even though she knew I was pregnant.) The doc over there sent me back home with this, "Don't think so much, let nature takes it course" -_-

For my Sg gynae, first check-up, not only can he answer all my questions, he also gave me a "hong bao" aka emergency medication - a cute small triangular purse with 2 sets of medication in cause of bleeding. I'm supposed to call him to describe my conditions and he will then instruct me on how to take my medication.

That, sets me at ease.

Emm, for detail scan, if your Gynae can do for you then better dun sign in for those package (Oscar + detail scan) for detail scan. For me, I trust my Gynae. I'm not sure in TMC for detail scan, it would be done by Gynae or sonographer. Coz, if sonographer, do heard from one of the mummy in July thread, change sonographer on the middle of scan. And my sonographer during ytd scan keep coughing.. Make me so worried if I get infected as well becoz spending near an hour in tat small room with her..

QQ, I will request only my Gyane do for me. Really it is impt to get one with experience who can spot even a tiny difference.This is my 3rd bb but I;ve forgotten everything as it was 6 yrs back.

Evelyn, yr gyane is so careful, who's yr gynae back in Sg? Impressive.

I understand your situation. Last time my MIL also wanted me to eat after I throw up, and after I throw up, insisted I eat again. During confinement, said I MUST finish one huge tin (those bigger than A4 size tin) of cream crackers... I didnt care abt what she said.... It only made me more depressed. Soldier on, we have lotsa support here
happy.gif

Evelyn, my parents also dun understand why I have such hard time for MS.. Think old days, they are more healthy coz they do most of the hard work?

Sashamama, I've received the contact, TYVM!! Already contacted her , yay! The best part is the rate is still the same as 2 years ago.. Good n super value! Oh, I prepared my own tilam for the massage , don't think they bring. Just go buy 1 thin tilam, will be oily after the massage so no need expensive one.

Ninger , yeah, I quickly called her last week to make sure she is available, n she does. So now I dun have to worry abt CL n ML!!

Ej, my last ML was mdm Mashita, recommended by mdm Ida becoz she was fully booked, not bad!

Kin, my fren ordered confinement tingkat during her confinement, but with a maid at home. U got to make sure there is someone standby all the time to help u, it gonna be very tiring.

Any mummies here decided not to know gender until labour?? my #1 is boy, already fulfill in law's wish, so m thinking to leave it surprise.

QQ,
Yeah, my MIL was keep saying why ur pregnancy so different?i told her I got conceive via meds n jabs, and is high risk.
Even I told her that if wanna to go back, need to wear diapers as from my bedroom to toilet need to go thru stairs. She said ppl never know when u don't tell. wearing diapers causes infection too. so I decided to get a CL instead if asking for her helo. Afterall, she can only cook for me. I need someone that can do housework, taking care of baby,laundry and cooking.
Moreover, We won't feel easy. Never know x years later they asked for their gong lau.

For mummies w MS, I salute to u all!! I never experience severe MS, the worst MS was no appetite, but keep feeling hungry frustrated me, ( this consider MS too? haha)..
I recalled a joke back in my 1st pregnancy, didn't have crave, just don't like fish at all, n my in law cooked dinner n brought to me almost everyday , cooked fish a lot n I barely eat them. Then they asked what I wanted to eat so they can prepare for me, how kind ! I told them no crave ,just don't like fish at all even look at the fish feel like vomit. The next day dinner , fish ball soup!! I almost faint!! Haha..
Do take k all n heard MS will be over after 1st trim, jiayou!!

Hi all, thanks for the info.

Went for the cordlife talk last weekend. For scans, think most impt is 12-13 week oscar scan. Then 20 week for fetal assessment. The rest not so impt. For triple scan, its older technology and not as accurate as oscar scan. But for ppl who missed week 12-13 oscar scan, can opt for this triple scan. Hope i remember the weeks correctly. Hehe. Memory not 100% as before.

Ivian,
I don't intend to know the gender fr #2. I nv check the gender when'd I hv #1 as well. Only knew it when bb was born.

Feel hungry I not consider MS gua. I hv MS, night sickness, vomit like nobody business from eve till midnight wee hour.

Ivian, i dont wanna knw gender too. Diff frm ur situation. I have 2 girls already. This pregnancy sure stress by the hubby's side abt the gender, so decided dont knw better. Wanna ligate right after delivery too.
My mil prolly will kill me!
But F it lo.... Im the one that gonna provide for the kids, not her... I got to be responsible right?

Kin:
My gynae is Dr Ben Neo, he practices at Mt. E, clinic at Lucky Plaza.

I think our mil sama sama. The last time I MC, she insisted I finish my meals (IMHO, can feed 2-3 pax), like one mountain bowl of rice, 2-3 dishes and herbal soup.

I like herbal soup, but the one she made includes mushrooms, Chinese yam, burdock etc and she insist that I've to finish all including the Liao otherwise no nutrition. I asked her, I thought the nutrition will be in the soup, and she will say don't waste food. -_-

If I can't finish, she will make a big fuss, and break down and say I'm the worst daughter-in-law, never finish her ai xin. -_-

I appreciate her effort but I tried communicating with her regarding the portion that I can finish cause I don't like to waste food but she doesn't listen. Super dramatic one.

QQ:
Ya. Maybe. The women in their family works till they are in labour, and go back to work ASAP, even before the confinement month. -_- I guess they expect the same outta me.

Luckily my family understands cause my mum had a difficult time when she had me.

So now dreading going back to Taiwan next month. Will only get lunch and dinner (all eat out cause they don't cook at home. )

Yanlin:
You should have more bed rest, try not to travel so much. It gets rather tiring also.

I understand your situation, my MIL also think about herself and not for me when I said I need to go back to Sg earlier. Fil was ok, mil insisted that I shd stay till chu yi then come back cause its the tradition.

Why not talk to your hubby, get your hubby to communicate to her that this baby means a lot to you and that it will be safer for you to stay at home this new year to yang tai, and when you are better, you will make it up to her?

ivian, u so lucky.. my MS is really making me so sick, initially i still leave room for nego for no.3, now i decided to close shop at 2.. Dun care liao.

gloomybear, tell your MIL, gender of baby is determine by her son, not by you, so dun stress yourself. But having gals are good lor, at least more than 80% i see, the gal is more filial than the boy, most boys still ask $$ from parents even when they are adults.. haiz..

Evelyn, your MIL so drama leh, hahaha, really like TW's show.

morning mummies,wow this thread moves so fast within a day. yday I was in office unpacking cos just move office. I was damn tired and couldnt ask colleagues for help cos some were asking how come u so tired. the walking and squatting makes me wanna die. now still got headache cos my flu is bad.
I read some of your post about MIL and I pity you gals too. i cannot imagine how i would be if I have MIL like that. actually I am so lucky cos my MIL never force or say not nice things to me at all. during my first pregnancy, she bought thousand over dollars of bird nest for me and paid for my CL. i was asking hb if she will buy birdnest for me this time round or he has to buy for me :p maybe my first one is a boy so I get the priviledge, lets see what happens this time round. even like now cny, instead of us buying ba kwa for her, she bought it for us. I guess I am really lucky reading all your post. anyway knowing myself, once she nags a bit or tried to ask me to do her way, I will tell my hb and hb will ask her to stop (this only happens once after I delivered my boy). maybe i have a supportive hb too and he will ask his mum to stop nagging at me and leave me alone.

Morn Mummies...

My MIL also one kind.. Dat y until now I haven break the news to her.. Even my hubby say dun tell her first..

Gynea called n say injection is here.. I m gg for my weekly injection today.. Yea Yea!!

Yday I had a dream.. Nice dream bout BB.. Wonder can I share or should I keep in heart, which way to make it fulfil..?
LOL!!

yanlin,I am 10w2d now. what I do is use the apps to track(MyPregnancy)cos I am lazy to count. I am doing my NT scan on the 30 Jan. btw hor, I recall NT scan before 13 weeks is about 80-90% accurate wheras the detailed scan at 20 weeks is only 70-80% accurate. my gynae advised me to go for NT scan before 13 weeks since its more accurate. So mummies if you plan to test, it will be advisable to check with your gynae now and book an appt for those who have not done so.

I just did my NT scan at 12w1d yesterday. Doc say baby neck is normal..

Baby is 5.4cm from Crown to rump. Exactly double the size since I last saw baby 3 weeks ago at 2.7cm.

Yeah NT is best to be done b4 week 13..after that the liquid behind bb neck will be gone..cannot measure the thickness then...

LFC
wow so fast u r wk 12 already...

yanlin>> u have just discharge from hospital right? Do you want to call your gynae and confirm is ok?

If not better go see your gynae again.

Must take care!

Back