(2012/08) Aug 2012

Vinwee, yeah, I going to wait till labour this time round . Hopefully your MS will getting better soon. Still don't understand y it called MS when the condition can last for the whole day, Lol...

Gloomybear, I'm lucky my in law never stress me on the gender, my father in law was funny when I carried #1 b4 knowing the gender, he said boy or gal also nv mind la, then he continued, but if boy is best, then u no need to worry anymore... But I dun care, most important is healthy bb, also like u say, we are the one responsible for the kids. So dun stress yourself.

ET, I also close shop after this. Haha.. Although I heard my FIL said 2 notnenough, 3 is better...

AG, I agree with u, after hear so many MIL story , I think I must appreciate my in law, they are always very gan jeong, but is good mean n very kind, like they love my boy very much, willing to take k of him whenever I need, not calculative at all, won't force me to eat. I can't imagine if someone force me to finish the dishes or big bowl of rice during confinement.

im perpertually so tired ... although this time my ms isnt as bad as last time but i still puke now and then and im 24hrs naseau feeling so sian but this time my tummy hurts quite bad esp yest that it affects my sleep too
sad.gif

Ayukie, #1 is boy? Me too, no matter this time is boy or gal I also wan to close shop, haha...

Yanlin, anything make u feel uncomfortable just contact your gynae, don't risk!

ivan - lol i see my boy altho i love him to bits i dont think i have the energy to handle another boy tho so im fervently hoping its a G!

JK if Ur baby too small Cus early pregnancy before 8 weeks, to see the baby, may need to use the v-scan.

After 8 weeks then can use tummy scan.

ET, is your oscar on 27 Jan at TMC? Mine is on 3 Feb, but it is 13w4d counting by LMP. Wondering if I can change my slot with you so that both of us can do in our 12th week? Pls PM if we need to work out the details. thanks hor ... very scared hearing everyone say it must be done before 13 week.

Jk, I forgot the process dy, but I recall gynae will insert to scan at certain stage.. Mayb other mummies can help?

Ayukie, me too, no energy to handle, they r always so energetic.. But I dun wan to know the gender until giving birth this time..

xin_starzz,
i also havent tell MIL..haahaa

yanlin,
think its best u check with your gynea?

ivian/ayukie,
me too! #1 is boy, hoping for gal...but its all fated...as long as baby is healthy!

Morning Mummies!!

The thread moves so fast..

Evelyn> are u able to continue staying here? say gynae refrain u from flying hehehe.. ya but i agree, she is quite drama.. are all taiwan MILs generally like this? Its really very uncomfortable forcing yourself to eat and vomit..

I am thankful my PILs are generally very nice though they dun really call and ask how I am doing etc.. They behave like i am not preggy hahaha..but of course, they still buy tonic like codyceps and birdnest for me.. but guess will only eat it after first trim
happy.gif

As for gender, guess as long as they are healthy.. it doesnt really matter though deep down i will probably want a boy to close shop with pride hahaha

Called my gynae, he mentioned is normal. It could be expanding uterus. Since nowon hospitalization leave, I just had an boiled egg n hot milo for breakfast. Lunch time maybe have steamed potatoes. No one is here for me also. I hate rice ATM, coz it causes heartburn. I only have porridge, mee hoon or Kay teow only for meals

JK, you need to go for scan with full bladder. If not full, then tummy scan cannot see anything. Then doc will have to insert to do a v scan.

Ivian
I think we are quite blessed that we dun suffer much for ms. What i experience is just loss of appetite. i guess its inherited from mum, but her appetite was very good back then.
Can you also pm me the contacts for Mashita and Mdm Ida?
When is the best period to do massage after a natural birth?

May i know whats the benefits for pre and post natal massages? Can help to slim down? hee..

LFCfan
So far all my scan is from tummy even as early as 4weeks..

Meishan, i not doing mine at TMC, if not i sure will be happy to exchange with you. I am doing it at a lab in Paragon, forgotten the name already.

JK, it depends on how many weeks pregnant u are and how big the baby is. I was at the clinic when i am suppose to be 7weeks+. Drink lotsa water.. but my waterbag is very low.. (covered by my fats). gynae said got to v.scan. Did it and somehow my baby is small. So gynae said just 6 weeks.. dang!!!

KJChua> natural birth, you can do it after 4 days to a week. If C sect, think best after 3-4 weeks. Its helps to slim down your tummy.. i think my tunmmy looks 5 mths preggy even after delivery wahahaha.. FIL jokingly say, u still one more BB inside???

Pre natal massage helps reduce stress and cramps esp on our back, hips and legs.. increase blood and lymph circulation cause we tend to swell towards end of pregnancy

KJChua,
U don't accept pm le, pre natal massage is to help u relax especially our body is so fatigue at 3rd trim, post is to shrink the uterus faster n the bengkung wrap also help to slim down. U can start few days after natural birth if not mistaken, check with the ML, c sec will have to wait after 1 month later.
I remember my tummy became much smaller after 1 session of the wrap. I stopped after 3 sessions cox I fell down badly n hurt my back, normally is 7-10 sessions.
Breastfeed helps a lot to slim down, it did for me!

MummyR,
Yes, it's fated. If it's gal, then is bonus to me!! My hubby said he did the prediction using the hair n ring , the result is we will have 1 boy n 1gal, lol... Hope his prediction test is accurate!!

ivian,
whats the ring n hair thingy?
yeah BF helped me lost weight too
esp i put on 23kg for #1! heee

KJChua,
post natal massage definitely help me lose my tummy...after i delivered i still look 6mths preggie with huge tummy...after 1 week massage, left a flabby tummy

Meishan
Can call TMC to change your appt? Although the scan can be done up to wk 13 + 6days from the Internet http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/scans/nuchalscan/

There is a miscomm between me and my gynae. I tot my next appt with him for NT scan can be done at his clinic..but to my surprise it is done at the hospital..phew...this morning just called my clinic and managed to book a slot at ES next week...

Ivian
paiseh..can you try again?

Ivian, MummyR, Sherry
thanks for the sharings.. must quickly call and book cos target to slim down before the full mth birthday. hee..

MummyR,
Haha, I also not so sure, he said he did the prediction for us, using our hair and a ring, for twice, same result. But I couldn't recall at all.. He also did the prediction test to his colleague's bb gender lately when all the colleague open bet n the result is correct. Who knows? It is just co incidence.. This is wat I tot .. Lol...

KJchua,
Already pm u, act fast o... She is very popular..

Handed my boy to PIL,
I'm heading to town to do last min shopping for my CNY clothes, in case my tummy/ bump show up obviously n can't wear the Qi Pao I bought. Hehe..

sian man..my cleaner auntie in ofc..stare at my tummy..n hint me..think she can see my baby bump..she told me after 3 mth liao must tell me..then i help u cal to see if boy or ger..

take mummy lunar age and if EDD fall on even mth (Lunar) its a girl..fall on odd mth its a boy..
true for my boy..

BBL, this one
"take mummy lunar age and if EDD fall on even mth (Lunar) its a girl..fall on odd mth its a boy.."

True for me leh, for my boy, then if calculate the current de, is GIRL!!! OMG, i so excited.. hahahaa.. i really hope is girl this time round.. hehehe..

1 day nvr see the thread so many posts liao. cannot catch up....

went to see gynae ytd. crl 3.9cm @ 10 wks 6 day. can hear the heartbeat n see bb's hands n legs. saw bb's hand waving at us... so cute! now my EDD from 10 Aug to 8 Aug now. gynae joked tt if i do not deliver on 8 Aug then he will induce me so the bb comes out on national day. my next appt gonna be 1 mth later and will be doing the blood test for down syd. keeping fingers crossed.

now bz tinking of my boy's birthday party, no mood to look for CL and massage lady yet. very lazy to make phone call. probably after cny bah.

my tummy quite obvious and i juz coming 11 weeks. ytd i went hair cut, the hair stylist ask me if i'm 3-4 mths preggy. then my part time helper also ask me the same thing. a bit paiseh. wanna hide also difficult.

BBL, how to calculate using mummy lunar age? my EDD falls in lunar sixth mth so it should be a girl rite?

MummyR,
if u are born in 1980..this yr should be 32..if pass english birthday then yr lunar is 33 if not then lunar is 32..
EDD mth..if yr EDD fall before 17 aug..its june in lunar mean even..if EDD fall on 17 n after its seventh mth mean odd lo..

so second one a boy again for me..
sad.gif

BBL,
No accurate one. My friend play with the needle and string to see next one is girl or boy. She got boy but end up it is another princess.

Anyone got good massage lady to recommend ? Confinement food ? Can PM me ? Thank you.

Mummies going for Oscar scan. May I know is it recommended by gynea to do it ? My gynea never say i need to go such scan nor blood test so funny.

Sandy, is it becoz still early to ask u? My Gynae juz mentioned once but didn't promote. He said if <35, no immediate family members with ds n etc, should have low risk. But I kiassi a bit, still go for the test. Spend to buy a peace of mind..

Re: OSCARS
whether to do the test or not.. it depends really pretty much on the mtb and ftb.. if it brings peace to the couple's heart that the mommy should do, then they should go ahead, even they may fall into the category of lower risk of having a baby who requires special attention... =)

my mentality is that to equip myself better on how to care for such babies if really the scenario arises!

I think like QQ, low risk also better to go scan just in case still can decide what to do. If later stage then know, you wont have heart to stop the pregnancy.

Hi mtbs,

I din do Oscar or triple screen Cus NT results came out good. As long fluid at neck there measures below 2mm = normal. Mine was 1mm. Doc said my age is low risk. He leaves it to me to decide.so I decide to not go thru those tests.

It's up to you.
happy.gif

AG:

I'm ard 10w3d too!

Hee. My hubby will ask me listen left ear, right ear go out cause he knows his mum is like that. But he is filial to a fault. Even if she is wrong, must give in to her. -_- Moreover now I'm not with him, she is just nagging at him more. So I kinda feel for him but that also means that he is not as patient with me cause of his mum. -_-

Xin:
Jiayou!

ET: ya. Super dramatic. I think I live in a Taiwan drama series. Drama never ending one.

Ivian:
Lucky you! I saw how they take care of my sil's son and would be worried if they take care of my child.

Over there, the culture is different. Like, children give birth, don't have to take care. Parents will take care for the children. Half e time I'm baby-sitting for my sil cause she simply throw the kid in the house, cry also don't care kind.

At first the in laws are determined that they want to take care of the child, then, everyone busy, the baby is left to be cared for in the office. And finally sent to a nanny from 7-6everyday when he is about 8mths old.

I don't want the same to happen to my child. So decided to quit. Our pay there is horrible. In Sg, I earn more than what the 2 of us are earning together now. So have to figure something out. Maybe do free lance translation or something.

Sherry:
My friend's mil is very nice. She teaches at the university so she understands our generation better. She got the son and dil a house and a car so that they can move out, reduce friction. She say, staying together will create friction ESP if habits are different. But I've got say, mil like her, really very rare in taiwan.

I've to fly back to Taiwan on the 31st, fil knows my intention to give birth here, but the final decision is not up to him. They always say one thing and mean another. So trying not to get our hopes up.
happy.gif

Back