(2012/08) Aug 2012

LFCfan> yeah agree. Thus, am grateful that my firm (though small, only 3 of us).. my bosses are still supportive that I go away for my ML.. i mean, initially he wanna pro rate my Annual leave and CCL.. but i forward him the reply from MOM that even if one if on ML, its still considered continuation of service hahaha.. so we eventually manage to iron that out..

Because for myself.. when i was first pregnant, to be frank i was very sick.. i was so sick i was hospitalised.. and just nice when my boss calls me, i was JUST admitted! lying on the hospital bed.. but i told him frankly what is happening and that i am very unwell.. Luckily he is understanding and told me to just take HL and leave as long as i want.. (good thing is i could remote access from home and i could still check emails.. so i do my part by offering to work from home so i am fully contactable..)

So when my HL is over, i went back to work.. and when I am really really unwell, i ask to go back earlier but i made a point to TRY TO COME.. although it's my first pregnancy and i was really stunned by my own body reactions and changes.. i was very dizzy and nauseous so bad i was on drip for 3Days in hospital.. but gradually i improved.. and now i am back to work every day and try to be as normal as possible.

Do i still feel nauseous? Yes i do! Do i feel sick? Yes i do! But i think we have to understand that the company does not owe us anything.. Pregnancy is a personal thing.. it's nothing to do with the bosses or colleagues.. so why should we cause so much inconvenience to them?

I think as employees, we must still make it a point to be responsible so if anything happens, people can also know we are not chao keng lor.. can trust us in our behaviour.

Sorry for saying so much.. recently just heard someone who has very bad attitude ever since she got pregnant so just wanna rant abit.. hehe..

LFC>> I agree with you that even pregnant we should not abuse it and still do our needful.. but there are cases whereby some companies just want to take this chance to axe preggies because of the 4 months maternity leave..

having the right job/ boss is depend on luck. Can be hardworking then end of the day boss just need some lousy reason and ask u to go. of cos there are ppl who do nothing and still get paid.

Thats life.

jojo: yes i am sure there are bad bosses and companies around.. that's for sure.. but we can't really control that..

For ourselves, we have to watch own behaviour and be responsible. We do our part.. and if the company is trying to be funny, we then have the right/help we should get.

Alot depends on luck yes.. but as pregnant women, we must watch ourselves first.

Jojo,
Agreed. some company just cannot afford to let employee go for 16 weeks. ML still need to work at home n get system link to co.

haha Clim.. depends on your company and workscope..

if you work in a small company where you're the only one.. then chances are yes, u may even have to continue to do some work from home even when u're on ML.

Also depends on your workscope and your level in the company.

If you're a small employee in an MNC, you prob can just disappear for 16 weeks without a problem.. but if you're at management level, things have to be planned and worked out.

A sales colleague of mine had to call her customers while she was breastfeeding her new born. haha..

LFC, i LIKE your post.. ya, there are good and black sheeps around.. Whether preg or not preg.. Me is lazy sheep.. hahahaa.. must push then will do, cos there are more lazy sheeps around me, so no need be so hardworking.. hahahaha.. so bad of me...

Ayuki, Clim, BBL.. eat durian huh!! my body feeling damn heaty.. can meh!! will help baby grow ar? if so, i will go try.. hehe... but i also heard gynae said now is I grow fat, not baby sia...

Xin, u last week go also 6 weeks nia ar? when is ur EDD? I went 2 gynae, 1 said EDD is 5 sep, another said 31 Aug..

Cathy> can can, durian very 'Bu' hahaha but dun eat too much cause high in sugar level.. preggy prompt to diabetic.. maybe u wanna eat when u hit 4 months? First trim the weight goes to mummy hahaha

Cathy >> Gynea say is still early to detect EDD but I see the screen write 2nd Sep 2012.. But I see babycenter is 30th Aug.. I think it depend on the cycle of ur last mens..

Today suppose to go for injection but doc say out of stock! Waiting for call now.. Hope everything will be fine
happy.gif

I just came back from my weekly check up and jab. Doc said bb is doing fine next week or so would need to do NT and Oscar scan.... Phew just glad everything is ok.
happy.gif

Jriste, Oscar test should be fast. It can be done within an hour depend how cooperative bb tat day.
happy.gif
. But the nurse doing blood test for me seems inexperience. First can't find my blood nerve in both of my hands, then..it was painful n a bit slow in cleaning the excess blood drop n sticked the hansaplast. I did it at TMC.

Cathy >> I think if ur mens is not regular then maybe EDD not so accurate and also I remember my Gynea tell me it could be due to late ovulation can also affect EDD..

Wondering if I miss one week injection, will it be serious?

Cathy,
Mine also not accurate de. Baby center put 29/8 but gynae system 1/9. Anyway, mine will definitely report early. No need to hit 40 weeks.

QQ>> HUH!!! Need to draw blood!! I thought it was just some kind of scan.. then i m going to be so dead la.. i always have problem drawing blood because my fats covering my veins.. wahahaha and i have tiny veins despite not tiny in size.

I have problem keeping awake for now.zzz

Jojo, yup. Oscar test got 2 session (scan + blood test). Hope that you get the experienced nurse. My Gynae did do normal blood test for me 2 weeks ago, very fast, very minor pain, n can find blood vein very fast. But ytd one, scared me. Now, got bruise some more..

i think i sure got bruise one.. cos 9 out of 10 blood draws, I get bruises... sighs.. now thinking of the needle will shiver. I am not afraid of injection but i hate to draw blood cos forever can not find my veins!

I am going to do mine at TMC too.. Not sure if that is the only place to do it but thats what gynae said.

im doing oscar and blood test nxt mth but i will do blood test at my gynae office before gg to tmc for my oscar .. my gynae will give me one tube of the blood to bring to tmc for the blood test so that i wont need to be poked again ...

i dont rem oscar got scan cept the gynae usual scan .. detailed scanning is 5th mth for me tho for my last preg and tis ...

hai damn sick with my china boss..freaking bitch..
i have 2 managers, one china one sporean one..china one more senior la..then yest big boss n these 2 managers got a meeting..n the china boss say she do this n do that..very bz..i am a purchaser..i do sourcing n buying..n my china boss told my big boss say she has been doing all the sourcing n buying n make me looks so extra..n big boss ask wat am i doing..china boss also never help me say much..in actual fact is china boss got nothing to do n when big boss ask she quickly explain say wat is she doing..in the end take all my credit n make me looks so extra in this company..so now how can i announce i am preg..confirm tio X lo..since i am EXTRA here..pissed to the max!!!

Dear TBU,
Sorry am not trying to cause fear!!! Just sharing that CLs are starting to be taken up in August. Don’t panick!!!
happy.gif

Dear Ling, Sherry,
Thanks for your tips on alleviating heartburn! I’d try them out!!!

Dear Sherry,
My dog is old already, has skin problem (dandruff), is deaf, will keep barking if there’re strangers or if she is not with me (like I’m in the room and she is outside) or when she is kaypoh (like she is in the room with me and she senses that my mum or brother are in the living room), and she miss-aim her poo and pee on the newspapers. So I do foresee problems when my mum and hubby can’t be around 24/7 to take care of Sasha. But I still can’t bear to leave her somewhere for 1 month, so will re-negotiate with CL
sad.gif

Dear Clim,
How could your boss wish that you stop at 2? It is your personal wish and family thing, he shouldn’t put such negative pressure on you, I feel. Your company is not pro-family? Is what they are doing (reducing your ML) against the law?

Dear Ivian,
I booked mdm ida for pre and post natal massages, she said she still had 1 slot in august. And she is the one who reminded me it is hari raya in august so would be difficult to do during that period. I first time and kiasu, so better book earlier!!! :p

Dear Jriste,
Glad your scan went well today!
happy.gif
You have yet to book appointment for Oscar scan? Mine is 30th Jan at TMC.

Hello mummies!

I just called a CL and she quoted me $2.4K and she may not even be able to make the 1st week since she has another confinement job prior to my due date. She said will send a replacement for the 1st week if she can't make it. Sigh, like that also can charge $2.4K and she even said it is discounted. Normally she will charge $2.5K. OMG!

im doing at tmc cause im gg deliver there again and this time my gynae says their rate for test more accurate so he dont do it in his office anymore so hes sending me there ..

Sashamama,
Can you PM me Mdm Ida's contact? She was my post natal massage lady for my #2 but somehow I lost her contact liao...TQ TQ!
happy.gif

Heng ah, my CL only charge me $2K and she is highly recommended by my colleague. My colleage even engaged her after her confinement period was over to help take care of her kids for a short while. Hopefully she can live up to expectation. I offered to pay deposit but she said not necessary. She said her sister and neighbour also CLs and they charge from $2K to $2.2K... The other two so-called recommended CLs from the forum both quoted me $2.3K previously.

Hehe, i offer to pay my mum $2k all in plus she will buy all the food but she will come my house daily, no need overnight, sat and sun is rest day for her.. Think ok right, not under paying her..

hi all!

looks like i will have to pay my granny the same amount too then! 2 to 2.5k for a guaranteed care cos she took care of all of us since young!

i am also very surprised that my OSCAR scan involves blood test, and i will be in exact week 12 then during my OSCAR scan, does the scan show you how baby will look like? i am nervous abt the drawing of blood!

my colleague had the doc tell her the gender of her baby ( 80% certainty) based on her OSCAR scan, sounds fun!

jojo - think depends on the gynae an if its a boy and the gyane can see the chicky lor .. if nt wait for detailed scan (if bb co-operative) ..

oscar is for down syndrome

Baby Lang,
You found the CL through forum recommendations ah? So far $2400 is the highest I heard. Does it include the work permit charges? Or is she local? I heard local more ex.

For me, I'd rather pay more for a good one than left with noone! Cos it's my first time. Now first trimester I already exhausted whole day despite sleeping half the time, I think after delivery will be worse, can't depend totally on hubby, he not automatic enough. So better get one.

Dear Ninger & Clim,
PMed you the contact. Hope she is the same ida as who you are looking for! I found her contact through forum recommendations and booked her over the phone. She also does pre-natal from 6-8months. I already booked first appointment in April.
happy.gif

Dear ET,
It's not under paying la, especially when she is not staying in wor! You still need to look after baby at night!

Dear Ling and Jojo,
During OSCAR scan, many measurements of baby are taken to check for risk of down syndrome. My other forum friend with twins scanned for 1 hour. So yu can enjoy seeing your baby for 20-30mins. Sometimes baby if not co-operative, the angle not good, can't measure, you need to leave the room, wait for some time, then try again.

As for gender, I think only if boy with birdie grown out a bit then can confirm lo. Some boys can't see yet at 12 weeks wor, so not confirmed one.

cathy,
i ovulate late...so doc used first scan at EDD

Ling,
yes normally oscar test and another test done together..so need draw 3 tubes of blood drawn on that day

re: FBI/SBI for TMC
anyone signing up for it?

jojo,
oscar scan results i think will be given back to u.. but with the blood test must wait till the results is being sent back to the gynae...

Ling and jojo, my first oscar scan also scanned for 1 hour plus, cos bb super not cooperative.. Its worse for my detailed scan, i spent like 2 hours going in and out to scan...

Some tips from my gynae, take some chocolate and eat full before scans, this will help bb to move.. haha..

jojo,
yes...my gynea show results at next visit but call to say results normal
*touch wood* not so good results, gynea would ask u to come n explain report cos need decide want to do next step of testing anot

My OSCAR is on 1st Feb, exactly 12 weeks by then..

Thanks,Sashamama!
Yup, that's her. Her memory is super good, I just quote my name and she can remember where I stay, when she did my post-natal massage, how bad my CL was and other details!! Already booked her for mid August liao...

thanks all.. by the time i do oscar i m near 13 weeks le.. a few days before reaching 13 weeks. the nurse says once reach 13 weeks they will not do the oscar scan for u. zzzz

I think because its near CNY so thats why they put me mid feb.. i am going gynae visit on the 8th then oscar on 13th. then can celebrate Vday in peace.

Cant wait to reach 13th week where we will heading into 2nd trimester and stop worrying..

ET : eh... I'm going to Dr Fong on 27th Jan too... also 11+ weeks... but he didn't mention about doing OSCAR...

Bright, u must ask him de, if u are going to keep the baby no matter what then u dun have to do OSCAR, if its otherwise, then u have to ask him to arrange for u. Both times i request myself, cos i have a cousin who is down syndrome, so just in case and to put my heart at ease.

Is Oscar scan necessary? I m super afraid of needles ;(
That time took blood test for hcg bruise 2 fifty cents size.

Back