(2012/07) Jul 2012

Kshirin : please check your mail..
happy.gif

exactly sblbee! i dont dare to buy the pillow bcos the bed is already so cramped...sigh my room cant contain a king bed sadly...

Thanks, Angelia!

Liligal, aiyah, it's full already. Check Drypers FB page - http://www.facebook.com/DrypersSingapore

Think they may have more free classes. There are gourmet and photography class too.

Oh oh, tmr baby free baby seminar by Stemcord too - @ Holiday Inn Hotel!

*I'm such a cheapskate la... always on the lookout for free goodie bags... hahahaha

Angelia - somehow though tis is my #2, i tink we bought more NB diapers than #1 time. we have 12 pkts of NB bb diapers (NB-5kg) in the storeroom now. coz my mum help me reserve wen there was pampers sale that time! we remembered #1 time, hb went out to buy nb diapers quite a few times wen it ran out...so we est the stash can last us abt max 2 mths...now im worried issit over-stocked.

kshirin, dun say tat. I also sign up for parenting seminars only if they have goodie bags! oops...some r realli quite good...but some not worth the $ one...

Joanne, I can’t tell if any side effects are due to any particular medicine/supplement because I’m taking so many! :p Have been having a headache for a week but it could be due to lying in bed also. Read a website that says nifidipine can “mask preeclampsia”.

Cherish, on bedrest because of cervix shortening too early, too fast, too much. Hope bedrest helps!

SG_SC, I think I overstock too! Ppl around started buying and give us whenever there is a sale, I have goon, pampers, petpet and drypers...all NB and total 15pkts! I also have 2 x S size.. dunno which one to use first!

yay, i am not alone.. DH and I go for baby fairs/seminars almost every weekend ever since we found out we are having a baby. @_@

Angelia,
noted on the criteria ^^ Thanks.

just back from ntuc and not sure if i saw correctly or wrong..saw enfa milk powder has increased price. faint faint!

kawaii, u take care. must rest well. i've been feeling a lot of pressure and pain near pelvic area. dont know if it is due to too much squatting and bending down recently..

kshirin, good good! keep me posted!!! I like these offers too. thinking of stemcord this time round. last time didn't managed to get one done.

Sg_Sc : wah!!!! 12packet? Power leh you!!! I only buy 1NB and 1S size de diapers nia.... My S size diapers is last time my #1 till now de hor... Hahaha! New unopen pack! I keep
Till now... Lol !!!

hi mummies,
i have been a silent reader all along.

i would like to find out how you all cope with your first child and the second one (for me, which is on the way) if they have very close age gap? How to they sleep, both co-sleep with you?

so stress up. thanks for advices.

Hippo267 : my girl just pass her 1st birthday this month... So by the time i give birth to this #2, mygirl is just 1yo & 4month... My planning was my girl still sleep in my room with me.. Than when didi come out... Didi will sleep with my maid... Mygirl is too use to sleep in my room liao hence i cant move her out now... So for didi, i make it a habit from young let him
Sleep with maid lo... Bobian....
happy.gif

Diapers: babies will outgrow NB very fast if i remembered correctly. I bought more NB for my #1 and in the end, i didnt managed to use all. gave away to my friend. but size S can last a bit longer. maybe i need to go stock up now since some mommies have started :D

mommies, besides diapers what other things can we start to buy now to stock up? i think i wont be so mobile enough when hit 3rd trimester.

hippo267,
my #1 and #2 age gap is 2yrs and with #1 as an active boy, it is very tiring for me especially a FTWM and hubby travels frequently. abt the sleeping arrangement, i'm also headache on it. dont know how to arrange. my boy currently sleeps in another room but we may need to bring him to our room soon to prepare for baby cot and CL in his room.

Angelia,
may i ask how long has your helper with u? so far okay? do u leave ur helper with ur gal alone? i'm intending to get a helper too cos cannot cope with 2 kids alone. but heard a lot of negative stories. thanks!

My #1 & #2 also 2 year age gap. Currently #1 is sleeping in his room – hubby and I take turns to accompany him. Will have to bring him into the master room soon to sleep so that #2 and confinement nanny can take his room. After confinement, my plan is for hubby & I to take turns to sleep with each kid – one in master room, one in the other room. Master room too small to put the cot in...

Kshirin, Every week got seminars ah? hhehe..i used to be more onz for #1, now i selective coz no time n tired easily too..haha u also so many NB diapers, actually i do agree buy S better since S starts from 4kg onwards, but HB feels NB better lei...dunno la, anyway buy liao if cannot finish keep fo #3 lor...hehehe...

Angelia - 1 pkt nb enuf ma? oh but my 1 pkt only 24 pcs i tink, not those 50+ kind...oh but ur #1 and #2 close age gap so stil no prob...can share share...so good. Even if i realli have #3, its gonna be at least 2 yrs later.

Cherish, mine also 2 yr age gap and we r intending to start training #1 to sleep in her own room very soon, so that #2 can sleep wif us once CL leaves. NOw #1 still sleeps on our bed wif us...tink sure gonna be tough to migrate her out...but definitely b4 #2 arrives...sigh

Angelia: oh dear. That means there is a possibility of my son too used to my bedroom and his own baby cot and unwilling to move to another room when my second baby comes along. For me, when my second one is out, my first son is only 11 mths plus. (oops, sounds like I am a pig ). I read from those ang moh books it is best to move him to another room and force him sleep himself when around 6 mths. I did not do that I as 不放心. Your maid been with you for very long already? Been hearing cases of newly hired maid treating newborn badly. Oh yes, did your girl toss and turn when she sleeps? Sleep on the bed, baby cot or mattress that placed onto the floor. I think my son will turn and turn and fall on to the floor. But I got no choice need to move him out of the cot when the second one arrives.

Cherish: my son is also very active. Headache too. You are very power ah, hubby always not around n everything u need to cope yourself. My hubBy helps out alot in the house but the only thing is when he sleeps, he sleeps like a dead log. So I can't let him handle big one n I handle small one at different rooms. I got no helper as well.

Joanne, that's also first time I heard of that term. Googled & seems like its high blood pressure?

Cherish, take care & check w your gynae

didnt realise we have few mommies here having #2 and with age gap quite similar. hope to seek advise on how to cope too. i'm a blur mommy lor =)

mrs c, i facing same issue like u. but sometimes i find it's like very pathetic for hubby and i. need to separate bed to sleep with the lil ones. in fact, we're doing so now. my boy still cries for us during middle of nite so hubby sleeps with him in another room.

Hippo267, bo bian leh. no one can help so everyday is a rushing day for me and super tiring.

diapers: momy poko having promotion. $20.65 in ntuc.

Cherish : my maid only come for like 2month plus... I'm a SAHM so i monitor my maid whole day... So far, i see the way he handle my girl is okay...
happy.gif
i quite trust her so far lah... No problems yet...

Sg_sc : at least 2packet ? Actually if not enough than just ask hb go buy one more packet lo... NB size usually cant really use long leh... Awhile change to S liao lo...
happy.gif
and yupyup! If i ever want #3, it will be another 2years down the road bah... Haha! Now i already tired till like hell liao lo... =\

Hippo267 : yup... Usually angmo will let the kid have
The room themself when they are young... They just use the baby monitor alarm to observe.... But i dont bear leh... My
Girl have been sleeping with me since birth... Hmmm... I just change my girl from Cot to those put on floor de single mattress... I went kiddy palace and bought those that have
4corner fold up de... And it's just a mattress itself... So even if she crawl or, she only crawl onto the floor.. So i'm not that worry lah.. Haha! I'm a very very light sleeper, so abit nia, i'll be awaken le...
happy.gif

Cherish: Very pathetic hor…hubby and I so long never sleep together on the same bed...my hubby also travels from time to time…so during those period, I will sleep with my boy…whenever he is around, he will sleep with him so I get undisturbed sleep…guess I will have to wait till #2 is old enough, then both kids can sleep together in their room and hubby & I get to sleep on our master bed together again!

Angelia,
you're lucky to have a good helper. i'm crossing fingers that i will get one good one too. you sahm. i salute leh. i find it's not easy to take care a child for whole day! need a lot of patience.

mrs c, yes. let's endure and hope our kids will sleep thru by themselves soon. jiayou!

mrs c, i find it weird to not sleep w hubby leh. at least must be same room. but u good. sleep separate rooms still cn have #2!!! hahahhaha... kidding kidding.

i think i'm more like SGSC. i have #1 turning 3 this year. I'm staying with my mum currently so that leaves us with even less rooms to play with. so currently i hv one study room (room1) to use as our store and study since we still looking for a house (i'm cursing HDB at this point) and a bedroom (room2) for 3 of us.

i just moved my storage stuff to a storage space and planning to bring a bed in for the boy and CL in room1. Intend to leave the cot in the bedroom room2 so that i can feed easily at night and crying will not affect boy since he'll be in room1. but hv to start moving boy into room1 early or else he will think it's meimei's fault that he is now separated. but then again a bit lose the point of having a CL right?!

in dilemma also as maybe i shud leave cot in room1 with CL & boy continue with us in room2. but then at night if bb cries, CL will hv to knock on my door to request for me to feed after changing diapers etc and then i scared will wake boy if he's with us.

now i'm eyeing to see if i can move boy to sleep with my parents in their room!!! :p

Also thinking of getting a maid to help but where she sleeps?! maybe i'll get a part time to help my mum out a bit.

sigh... good question from hippo but tough decisions mannn....

Those mattress when they learn to crawl or walk unstable, will they climb out or easily trip and fall? Haiz. My own mum can't help me to take care at night as her health not very good. And my in-laws will not even care, they just play with baby and go, anything happens, they throw the crying baby back to me.

Btw, anyone gynae located at TMC and planing to give birth at mount alvernia?

my gynae belong to TMC but her clinic is not in TMC itself, i m choosing Mount A.

ya rooming dilemma...oh well, very blessed my mum will be moving in to help to take care hah i will only face the logistic nightmare when later. for now got other things to worry!

hippo, mattress is ok for me. even if they roll roll down, they just konk first time, next time they will be aware somehow. it's in built in their system. and not much you can konk from a mattress which is oredi on the floor as the height is very low. i m assuming you are talking abt those < 10cm mattresses.

my gynae is at gleneagles and giving birth at Mt A.

linggie, you still need to BF at night right? so your mum will bring to your room and then won't it wake your kid up cos the #2 will be crying?

Lili_gal: Actually before preggy with #2, hubby will also sleep in #1’s room but on a mattress on the floor while I’m on the single bed and #1 in his cot…only during this preggy stage that I moved back to master room and sleep by myself…just that we have not slept together on the same bed for a long time except during TTC...hee! Yes, managed to get #2 still lar and succeeded at first try - very blessed indeed... ;)

Initially I wanted CL to sleep with both #1 and #2…but after looking at #1’s recent insecurity and “manja-ness” …I think it is best he continues to sleep with us albeit different rooms…have to keep fingers crossed that he will not wake up when CL brings #2 in for feeding...very tough decisions on sleeping arrangements – have been pondering over this for so long!

hah we r expecting first one thankfully. already having problem-like my mum cant adjust to my house (new neighbour etc)... but we shall worry when we cant deal with it.

to succeed on first cycle is very lucky indeed! we tried for close to 2 yrs =)

i heard feedback Mount A service is good, nurses very pro in BF and patient. but a pity i'm going to deliver in TMC. gynae no longer going Mount A. =( had bad experience for #1 previously.

mrs c, u really cute leh.. why not move cot to your master room! hahahhaa... all squeeze into baby's room.

i also find if I leave #2 in the cot in another room, i will kp waking up at night to check on monitor or to check baby last time for #1. i very light sleeper so last time when #1 just eh eh oh oh at night, i'll wake up and walk over to see if there's any problems. usually don't hv. so after a while, i got so frustrated that i moved the cot into the bedroom so that i can see and sleep properly without waking up fully.

but now not so simple.. sigh.

lili_gal: The cot is a bit big and the master room a little small and I have a king size bed...so ever since my #1 arrived, the master room became a walk-in wardrobe for hubby &amp; I to dress up only...LOL!

Initially we thought it is good not to bring #1 to master room so next time will be easier to train him to sleep on his own...who knows now we are planning to bring him to master room when #2 arrives!

mrs c, hahahhahaha so funny!!!!

somehow from the threads, it seemed that we all tend to favor #1 slightly more than #2 at the moment. hahahha....

mrs c, High Five!
my hubby and i are doing the same like u. hahaha. we only go to master bedroom to get our clothes, use the toilet. that's all. that room is the most tidy room now! hahahah

actually i can put a cot in our master bedroom but because of the layout, the only free space i hv is near to door and understand it's not nice for cot to facing the door right?

linggie,
maybe when your baby is out, ur mum will be busy looking after the lil one and she wont hv time to bother ur neighbour. dont think so much. everything will be fine eventually!

Cherish: what bad experience? Is it with TMC? Do you mind sharing? Coz my first one I deliver at Mount A. I decided to deliver there as during my tour TMC, I heard one nurse telling the other that one of the babies at the nursery lost the leg tag, and do not know whose baby is that. So scary. The thought of that makes me scared. My gynae does not do delivery at mount A due to the renovations.

We tend to favor #1 now as we have not get to see #2 yet, only see at ultrasound!

haha i sure hope so! she dont have any issue with neighbour, jus that she is bored without her usual coffee kakis, my aunties (almost my whole clan) live in my old neighbourhood. i was also telling her when baby is out, will be so busy, you wont have time for kopi haha

if not worse come to worse, my dad will shuttle my mom to my house daily hah

Cherish : yup... Cross finger as for now, my maid still okay lah.. Never chut patterns yet... Actually like 1-2 a week , i'll talk to her , see whether is she coping well all this anot... And i dont really expect much from her. As long as job done.. Bb well taken care, i'm okay... I hope she stay this way... Yup ! SAHM is not easy at all... You got to face your kids 24/7, and little times for myself... I'm planning to go back work life next year after new year bah... There're pros and cons lah.. Pros is you can see the growing of your kids.. Cons is lesser "Me" time lo... =\ everyone thinking SAHM very good, can kiao ka... But actually is not lo... If no maid, you got to hand on every little single things yourself... Sleep also not enough lo...aiyah... Grass is always greener on the other side lah...
Working mum will think SAHM very good life... And SAHM will wanna go back work life lo... Hahaha!

Hippo267 : hmm.. The mattress is on floor type mah... So if they crawl or what, still wouldn "kok" the head badly mah... Or if you still scare, you can lay a playmat below the mattress lo...
happy.gif

hi ladies,

thank you very much for sharing how many diapers a newborn needs. mi got 4 packs of new borns and 3 packs of S hehee
happy.gif
not sure issit enuff heheh can tong til full month celebration i am more than happy liao cos can go out to buy if help is available hehee ......

hippo : you strike the second month you give birth huh? wow great....
yeah seems like some of the mums here strike while on maternity leave hehee good leh cos is happy news hehehe ..jus that not sure whether physical wise will be xioong cos have to deal with MS while taking care of no. 1.
happy.gif

Angelia : my sis in law is like you ..SAHM...she did share with me her worries too..sometimes she feel worthless cos too detahced from society and really lack of ME time .......

oh yes, ladies, where to buy those baby bedsheets huh? dun wan to spend too muchie..cos recently spend too muchie money liao

Sunbelle : yup!!! I feel super like "useless" cause really detach from the society world liao... Hais... I do miss my time working in the office.. Lunch time chiong sale, chiong shopping with colleagues, than finish work can go drink with colleagues... Awwwww... Make me miss the past !!! I forfeit my ML cause #1 time, hb want me to take good care of my health cause of previous MC... Hais.... Cant wait to go back to 8-5 !!!

sunbelle,
i suppose u mean bedsheet for the cot's mattress right? i got mine from kiddy palace. aussino also selling.

Angelia, dont hv to feel that way. next time when u think back, u won't regret ur decision. i only took 3mths ML for my #1 and now come to think, i regretted for not spending more time with my boy. missed his 1st yr growing stage. And now after work, feel too exhausted to play or teach him and the spare time at nite is soo short!

Hippo267, i heard similiar story too. my ex colleague had the wrong baby carried to her! maybe there are many babies born there bah. for me, i was suay to encounter impatient nurses. i had problem trying to latch my son and the nurse did not offered to help, just commented he didnt want to latch and kept looking at the time, telling me she needed to visit other rooms. it was so depressing and feeling lousy. in the end, i only could expressed. but i do know there are mommies who had good service from there. so i was just been suay.

wah. actualy then Mt A really good. They even have a lactation consultant available to help me when i needed. kp pushing the baby in and out of nursery whenever i requested.

i only took 3mth ML cos i was so bored at home w the baby esp in mth 3 hubby had to travel out for a month. started doing lotsa stuff and when i started mopping the floor once everyday, i knew something was wrong with me. going out was also a hassle.

so i do salute SAHM too. can't imagine doing same thing over and over again. further i dun used to like kids before #1 was born so i wasn't good at it compared to my hubby who can do things over and over again and still mk it interesting for the boy. we shud do a role reversal.

but yah, sometimes i also think i miss out alot on boy's development. now w #2, i don't even go out for his normal evening stroll together anymore. sigh...

oh.. on diapers, dun buy too much in the beginning. my #1 shit very powerful and we tried w many brands until we finally settled on pampers and had no problems with exploding shit and excessive urine. then after 1yr mamypoko works better. 8-10 pieces of change per day quite siong also. so we started potty training around 20mths and he was off since then.

Back