(2012/07) Jul 2012

sblbee: congrats on having a baby girl
happy.gif

i am also a tw & korean drama fan, but really seldom have time to watch any of them right now :p
maybe can save them to watch during maternity leave (if i have the time then).. hahaha

anyone visited TAKA baby fair & mothercare fair at HF? any good deals?

I think I will get stuffs but hubby said wanna wait till the expo baby fair but are there any upcoming baby fair at expo? Don't know where he got the details from.

Jas, thanks for the well wishes! What's bb shows?

zhen, thanks for ur well wishes!
I went to the mothercare, robinsons, Isetan and taka bb fair....but feel that taka deals are so so only and didn't meet my expectation when I heard so much rave unless u have old bottles to exchange at pigeon or medala....cos not many brands are featured...

Diamondfericia, think I'm getting broke ever since the expo bb care fair....I heard there's another mother care fair coming up in may at expo but wonder if I'll be too lazy to make a trip down to squeeze with the crowd!

I found this..

SmartKids Asia 2012
Admission: Public - Free Admission
Venue: Hall 5
 16-18Mar

Time: 11am to 9pm

Organiser: Expomal International Sdn. Bhd.

Contact Details:
Telephone: +65 6291 0212 
Fax: +65 6292 2094
Email:  [email protected]

SmartKids Asia, the World’s LARGEST Educational Kids’ Fair is coming to Singapore! This not-to-be missed Family Fair is a fun filled…

Morning, ladies!

sblbee: Thank you for the reviews, I think I will skip the taka fair. Too lazy to go town.

So there's a fair coming at expo. Ok! Think better wait for that since am nearer to expo.

Hi ladies,

nt sure whether u all have stomach flu before..been sick for past days..lucki can recover in the next day...yeah so shack keep on vomitting wanting to see doc if next day no good...

yeah slbee and diamondfercia : guess fairs are a lot this year hehee jus that not sure whether are we too heavy to go in the one in May hehe there is another one in May heheee
happy.gif

any of you have leg cramps huh? started having some leg cramps these two days ..wonder what wrong ...take too muchie salt?

yeah mothercare sale at harbour front good huh? hehe cos mothercare items are not cheap leh hehe ..so wonder whether worth goin or not lor? toy r us now oso having baby fair leh hehe
happy.gif

hi sunbelle
I also have bad cramps at night.. asked my doc abt it. he says to eat more calcium and also cover my feet when sleeping and get HB to masage legs. Can reduce but cant stop. Now, i put on yoko yoko before i sleep..

Hi Rykiel
Can i check when will the items for 2nd spree be available? I m looking forward to e swimsuit i ordered
happy.gif
thanks

Sunbelle/ mumenetan: i have leg cramps too, happened in my previous pregnancies but didnt really ask doctor about it. Somehow after give birth then no more cramps.. maybe i try take more calcium..

Did I get the correct disposable panties you all have been talking about? I got it at $15.50 for 5 packets of 5 panties. Think I need about 60? for a month ya?
6769145.jpg

Jolene: why so u need so many disposable panties? Just curious coz I only used those for first day after giving birth

hi gals, bk fr bkk on sat. So tired, got sick there again together with my boy! Din buy much for the kids cos most of the stuff I ald have, wanna buy for didi, mum said we ald have...End up buy mostly shoes n loose tops. I bought 10 pairs of shoes/slippers lo!!! Still on leave but doing unpacking n laundry n checking stock on korkor's old clothes for bb. Check pump n steriliser, warmer . tmr is detailed scan, hope all is ok, still drowsy fr med!

Hi mummies..i m bk
happy.gif

thanks all for ur blessing
happy.gif

lili_gal, thanks for ur offer..too troublesome for u..i got notes from Mt.A too but duno where I put..hehe..if cant find, maybe need ur help
happy.gif

busy day for me today..will slowly read all d post 2moro
happy.gif
hv a good evening mummies..

hi mummies.. been sick the past few days
sad.gif
lucky recovering now, though still groggy..

lili_gal, your hubby so nice
happy.gif
Mine claiming credit after buying the luo han guo from the neighbourhood store i ask him to buy.. & i've to cook it myself even though sick :p

i want to swim too, but dunno where to find maternity swimsuits & swimsuits are so ex..

thinking of measuring waist to reassure that baby growing since i can't see tummy growing day-to-day.. yikes, i'm only 29.5 after dinner.. 21wks..

diamondfericia, actually u still can go down to the taka fair to see see look look but I think I better stop buying things from now as I've alrdy spent q a bomb on bb stuff :p

Jas, mother care meaning the store mothercare? I wonder what participating brands will be there? Any idea?

sunbelle, yup I'm worried that by that time I'll be too lazy to move around and squeeze with the crowd so I'm stocking up on all the bb stuff now. I'm eyeing to obtain mothercare membership but must evaluate how much stuff I've bought so far and what stuff I've not bought yet. :p
I developed leg cramps at night during my first trimester but now no more, I used to put pillow to support my leg and when the cramps are too terrible then I tried to bend my feet backwards to relieve the pain.

rer-rer, welcome back! Unlike u, I bought a lot of bb stuff instead of my own stuff, just bought a few pieces of clothes for myself....all the best to ur DS and take care of urself, have a speedy recovery.

qing-er, welcome back!

tanny, my calcium pills is prescribed by my gynae....perhaps u can ask ur gynae to prescribe for u?

kawaii_baby, get well soon and have a speedy recovery! Perhaps u can check out mothercare cos I think I saw swim wear there or if not don't know if spring maternity or kiddy palace carries them as well....

How you all measure the tummy? The same as we measure our waist. If so, today mark my 20th week and am at 39.5. Maybe because am quite tall. Argh!

I feel aching pain especially when am pressing on my pelvic area. Is that something serious?

Hi E-tan n Jas,

Guess after reading the other BP threads, some say leg cramps are lack of calcium. Cos I m sick so avoid milk totally.shall monitor n see how hehee

Hi slbee, mi too have same concern as you jus that haven't go buying full spree hehee
happy.gif

Jas, thanks for sharing the link! Not really keen on most of the brands but pigeon is already featured in taka bb fair and there are gd discounts at Isetan for members so I think I'll give it a miss for this fair in may....

sunbelle, I think I've spent more than $5k as I've bought most of the big ticket item like stroller, car seat, play pen, breast pump, sterilizer and milk bottles as well as clothes and toys, nursing and cleaning accessories so must really come up with a list and see what's missing....

Sunbelle: i dont take any supplements at all guess i have to increase intake of milk and calcium rich foods..

Meiling: is this your first child? 5k is quite a bit. Can u share which stroller u bought? I'm looking at the sit n stand kinds coz i have two toddlers but the weight is deterring me. My place is not lift level yet till next yr

Jas, yes....it's our first child....I overbought many small things and clothes cos they are so cute, plenty of things to buy for girls. Oh I bought Peg Perego Switch Compact Completo which includes an infant seat....

Meiling: Sweet! Girls have lots of pretty stuff.. Do dress her up everyday before she starts choosing her own clothes like my Alyssa (#2). Alyssa chooses all her clothes even pyjamas.. *faints* sometimes she insists wearing only pants for a few days then dresses for the next few.. Even sock colours n shoes she wants to choose. She will go,"Not that one! I want this."

Just went to the taka baby fair yesterday and bought the Peg Perego P3 switch stroller and the pigeon sterilizer.
Apparently the sterilizer is slightly cheaper than the usual price.
Now have to hunt for baby carrier and car seat and breast pump....yes, all the big ticket items....I think I'll be like Meiling who will be spending a bomb -_-"

tanny: my gynae started giving me calcium pills since the beginning of my pregnancy, and she just took me off folic acid on my 19th week and gave me multi-vits.
So am taking the DHA, calcium and multi-vits now

i just done my BW..super fast n efficient..dun feel d pain after tat..feel so good compare when i did last time..will do it every mth until my edd
happy.gif

selbee,cos its#2 mah somemore same gender....nothing fresh to buy hehe. pump , strollers all working n even got a few
newborn sets left fr #1. i went taka n mothercare sale all end up for korkor mostly

Jas, I hope that my gal will be a vain pot and wanna choose her own clothes....then my life will be easier but I love to buy pretty stuff for her so that I can doll her up....

Marie Ang, guess it's natural hor mummies to buy many things for their little ones....haha, we are starting to show our maternal instinct....

qing-er -- u brave thing! wldn it be more senstive than compared. i did wan to do but im scared its more sensitive than compared. HAHAHAHAH

Denise, of course u will feel d pain if u never do b4..i duno how to describe d feeling..u gonna try it out urself..haha..but I think u will like it after d session..feel so clean n fresh..haha..esp during confinement, is more hygiene
happy.gif

Jas, it depends on ur need..one time $50 (depends on which shop u go to)..I will do it everymth from now on until edd, as the pain will be gettng lesser from time to time..or u can try to do 1 time when closer to ur edd but it might be very painful for u..

I'm at the polyclinic with doc for follow up, gained total of 6.3kg and baby in breech position.. Gotta do blood test for diabetes also.. Think gonna stop at three already. Too much stress

zhen, actually tis was my 2nd time to do..2 thumbs up for Diana King at Holland village..fast, efficient n price is ok..my first time at this shop, previously at orchard, expensive n not good..if u google search, u can find her contact details easily
happy.gif

Hi
For those who want to get maternity swimwear, can ask Rykiel. She organize sprees.

For Calcium, i thought ur doc will prescribe to you? I took low fat milk at times.

Those who wants to join the fb grp. u may need to PM Angelia or Fluffy. Its a closed fb grp which u cant search openly.

I tried BW before..and nearly felt like skin being ripped off.. Prefer shaving instead.

Helloooooooo girls... I am back too!

Geeeshh.. now i can't really catch up on the posts. Way too many and I forgot who's who... except for some really impressionable ones e.g. Kawaii!!! how can you be so small at 21 wks?!?!?!

anyway, talking about size, I can't believe some folks especially guys. I have been having meetings with them every week and today not sure why I mentioned about my pregnancy and they gasped! They didn't know I was pregnant and thought I was just FAT! My goodness! Not sure to be happy or upset.

qing-er, you let me know k? not very troublesome.

rykiel, what do you sell? I'm interested in sprees. anything to spend money since i hv no time for shopping.

i am not having leg cramps but feeling aches. Is it due to calcium? I better start taking then... but hate the taste of the pills.

E-Tan, me more into shaving too.. but now like can't really bend down to see. So how ah?

Mrs C, thanks for the link. I added myself too! Did you do a refresh after editing?

Yah.. nidu seemed ex. I can get in China via taobao much cheaper since i still have a lot of Chinese Yuan in my account. You folks interested? If yes, I can try organize a taobao spree.

ok gotta work.. catch you again.

lili_gal, i dunno!!! hope baby's all right & that i'm just measuring wrongly (!?) last weight check 2 weeks ago was +3kg for me, baby about 300g.

is our immunity lower when pregnant? never used to fall sick so often & so long
sad.gif

hopefully will be well to check out mothercare (?) fair at harbour front this weekend. is harbour front fair or taka fair better?

haven't bought any baby stuff.. when i look at strollers, they all look the same to me :p

Mrs C , so your bb gender is boy or girl? Changed as in what you mean?

Sometime, ppls might accidentally click on your gender colume... So mummies who have already update your spreadsheet, do double check your info...
happy.gif

And for thos new mummies that join us not long, you can also go into our Spreadsheet here and update your
information... This is just something for us to keep track
Of everyone EDD...
happy.gif

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AlChcTczDbA2dHB0LXBldm1DaXRHMWRNZFJ6YzlBU0E

Those that wish to join us in FB group, can PM me thru here or add me in FB , nick: Angelia Mark Cherelle , after added me in fb, please kindly pm me your nick in SMH and request to
Be added in our Secret group...

To protect all our mummies here... Those that are more active in the forum will be added in the FB close group. So mummies that wanted to join us, first you have to be active in the forum than add your information into our spreadsheet...

P.S : hope for understanding as some of the mummies here dont wanna be expose to others that might come into our july Thread to KPO for their stuffs, as they are some second time
Mummies here...
happy.gif

Back