(2012/07) Jul 2012

Just wondering based on recent chats... Is there actually a more inclusive fb group opened to ALL Jul mummies, regardless if you are considered an "old friend"?

Also, can anyone advise where to buy descaling tablets for sterilizers? Thanks!

jonquil:I think now there is 2 groups of Jul mommies...they had develop their mommies bond already... n being closed group to prevent advertiser to put any ad in..

we need to descale sterilizer? hee...I din lei...oops.. :p

Hi gals especially lili gal
Thks for remember me..;) no wonder i can feel my nose itchy these days.. Lol.. Really busy tt i hv no time to go create facebk acct as my laptop is down too..;( so can only come here chop chop n disappear again..;) ya agree with slbee.. Time flies n really dread going back to work next mth..;(

Btw slbee, how come u hv so many days leave to extend till end of the year?? So envy.. I clear my leave start fr next wk till end oct then save 1 mth of maternity leave for next year as i can presume tt need lots of leave next year due to twins n wht if fall sick when injection? N want to clear it when my boy hv exam next year since very busy n no time to teach him on wkend only.. Now i hv headache, my new filipino maid suddenly fly me kite n hv to refind another one again after waste 3 wks waiting..;( now the agency recommend me another maid who has work in singapore 7 yrs, then go taiwan follow by hong kong.. She handle new born before which is gd but she is already 44 yrs old.. Is it ok?? Any advise? Sigh.. Real headache n i cant stand my burmese maid now.. Must asks her go by next mth as 6 mth already..she start gives me attitude yesterday when she hang clothes halfway, i asks her go wash my bb sarong as at night want to use.. She ignore me n when i say 2nd time, she told me back loudly say later i say she do things half half again so she want finish hang all clothes first.. I damm piss n say now is i want her wash sarong first so how will i tell her off? Attitude right? Her loan finish soon so attitide come up..if finish sure more jialat..;( so i may need to use my 4th mth maternity leave if new maid still didnt come in..;( headache ah n so sway..

Btw gals, how u gals manage ur pump parts after each pump? Do u all always use detergent n sterilize it for 6-7 times per day if is exclusive pumping or?? Need advise on this too as find so tired to keep wash with detergent n sterilize it last few mths... Thk u all.

Hi jonquil
Wht is ur brand of sterilizer? If avent then got to go toa payoh philips branch to buy the citric acid at $2 per pkt..

Btw, can anyone advise how to use the citric acid to wash the sterilizer? Thk u..

Joanne: after each pump,I will rinse with hot water n put in lock lock box..awaiting for next pump...n when my maid is sterilizing the milk bottles,she will throw in my pump parts as well...

Hi Candy
Thks for ur advise.. Ur maid oso fr filipino? Her age makes me worry abt her stamina.. Is urs ok? Some say too old then cannot work too many yrs lor ;/

Joanne,
I'm doing pumping exclusively too n using e same method as candy. E most, I sterilize once or twice per day. I hv actually reduce my no. of pump fr 7 to 4 times per day since going back work next mth.

Did u manage to talk to e 44yrs old maid? Filipino too?
I'm also in dilemma whether want to change my 24yrs old indo maid to a 40yrs old indo one. E current one is ok in handling my bb n she's quite clean but a but attitude prob n maybe becos she's young, I must talk nicely n gently to her. Cannot shout else she will be very very unhappy. But she cannot click well wif mil, said nainai very nagging etc. so still hesitate. Ur current one really attitude Lor. Cannot keep her.

Candy,
Ya, is urs Filipino? And is she stubborn in certain things? Like maybe u want her to follow ur way of doing things but she ignore n does her own way? My agent keeps asking me to re consider, said I complaint e current maid stubborn, e old one who I want will be even more stubborn n attitude too.

Hi candy n cherish
Do u all wash then rinse with hot water or straight away rinse with hot water only? N put in fridge too? Me using medala pisa pump n when i put the bottles to sterilize in avent sterilizer, it change shape so do u all encounter same? So i only use hot water to sterilize.. Else how u gals does?? Can share share..;)

Btw cherish, how much u pump out each time n didnt ur supply drop when reduce the number of time pump?

Hi cherish
Mine super attitude lor.. At tt moment, i oso suan her say why eat things never see she eat half half and fr then on, she dun take lunch even when we got cook her share... Diaozz.. Wonder wht she try to show.. Yes, i just call n tok to her.. Filipino..Feeling very gd as she works in taiwan to take care 8mth old bb to 3 yrs too so can speak some chinese which is gd as can communicate with my mum..
happy.gif
when she works in singapore, she oso take care two new born before under same employer so shd be gd ba.. Hope my feeling dun fail me.. Burmese really got communication problem.. Tok to filipino is so much easier..;) since we dun intend to hire too many yrs so i think 44 yrs shd be ok ba.. Hope she dun hv attitude problem then...

Joanne,
Is ur breast shield e soft type? That one will change color n abit out of shape after few times sterilizimg..for my case.
based on instruction, wash wif warm soapy water. But I clean n wash wif e bottle detergent n tap water. Then I will rinse e parts wif hot water n keep in a container for next use.
My supply drops overall when I reduce e no. of pump. But since going back work next mth, I like to slowly schedule my pump frequency. Can't possible pump many times at work. My supply varies fr 150ml to 180ml for both breasts. I do supplement fm for my gal.

Joanne n cherish:my maid is filipino...the day she came, i told her that anything to do with babies stuff (food, sterilisation, milk) i wil b strict about it...while housework, i gave a schedule to follow...she is good thou slow..but no complaints la...she is not so stuborn...
My method of washing parts is the same as cherish..my pump is medela freestyle..the soft shield also kimda go out of shape..n wear out liao...so i change to hard shield...

Joanne:i also reduce my pumping time to 4x in the day...as im conditioning it to my pumping time when i start work...but do this only when u have established your bm supply, so that it doesnt drop too drastic..

Joanne, I've saved my annual leave since last day and could carry over to this year....I'll be clearing 36 days of leave and taking 7 days of NPL so that I won't need to go back to work except for the eves of Xmas and New Year.

As for the maid issue, I've taken over my mum's maid. She has been with us for abt 10 years. She's turning 30 this year and is slightly is younger than me so no communication prob. She will be working for me for the next one year as she's planning to go back to Indonesia to take care of her aged mum. She will stay longer if her mum has a caregiver. So I'll keep my fingers crossed....

My bb wants to nurse all the time! Is there something wrong? This is so tiring.

I suspect my supply is insufficient but she poop at least 4 times a day (daytime) and has heavy diapers. She also put on 1kg in the last 1 month. Doesn't seems like insufficient milk.

How often are your babies nursing in 1 day? I latch exclusively.

Meiling: u so fortunate to hv taken over mom's maid...she must b good that's y u all had her for so long...hopefully she will continue her contract w ya...

itsy: I Don think it's supply problem since your bb has been pee ing n poo ing... sometimes it may be comfort sucking...

Candy, yah was lucky when she agreed to move in and work with me though she had some problems getting used to the new environment initially. Hope that she could stay longer but she still need to go back to her family and get married eventually....but she promised that if she goes off, she will introduce her friend to work for me....

Meiling:if she intro her fren, u can save on agent fees wor...just settle the paperwork yourself..there are step by step guide in mom website

Still remember my previous Filipino maid ran away 6 weeks after I gave birth? My replacement maid is coming this Tuesday after waiting 1.5 months for her. Hopefully this one can stay. All these maids problems really a headache. Just now I brought baby down for a walk, met this auntie whom I know is a babysitter, too bad she don't want to take care of babies anymore. She charges $680 per month, can take care from morning till 8pm, plus ironing and washing of school uniforms when they go kindergarten.

Hi cherish
No.. My breast shield n funnel is ok when sterilize.. Is the bottles tt change shape..;(

Hi slbee
So nice tt u hv a gd maid to take over..

Lol.. Yesterday my maid chu pattern again..we asks her go downstair throw rubbish usually as dun want to use my rubbish chute in hse due to worry roaches will come in to my hse..we notice tt recently she takes 10mins to reach hm after go dnstair so my hb follow her yesterday n we realise tt she go look for her friend at those landed property hse again n she actually run back to my hm.. Really surprise tt just 10mins, she willing to run n tok 5 min n run back again.. Sigh.. Warn her many times not to n she still turn a deaf ear.. Glad tt we really change another new maid..;)

Hi java
Agree tt having a maid really headache.. Lets pray tt our new maid will be a gd one.. Urs is ex sin? How old is she?

Joanne: ur maid's pattern more than badminton lei...10 min to go down throw rubbish...bth..

i believe talking to the maid on her first day is important...tell her ur expectations n her job scope...give her a duty schedule eg things to do daily, monthly...

Thx Candy for explanation.

Jonquil, u might wana join jun mummies FB group which is more inclusive. When this jul fb was started, everyone wanted more activity so we actually remove folks. Then after awhile since we stopped coming in here the group bonded there. After survey everyone wanted the group to b as is. Maybe u can start one for newer mbrs here? Definitely easier to update than forum via mobile.

Jo, join us lah. Can create acct fr mobile. Ur maid STILL there?!? Shud hv removed long time ago. Same one we talked abt last time right?

Haha Candy.. Ya lor ... I oso bth.. The best thing is she thought we r oways busy with bbies so no time to check on her.. Or she thought tt we r stupid n will think tt throw rubbish really need 10 mins.. Lol.. When she brought my elder son hm fr school, she can say hello to others who r in the lift or touch other pp children chin when they dun even know her.. So chatterbox or ?? Anyway, we hv decide to send her back on oct 13th (last day before we pay her on 14th) am surprise tt we can tolerate her for so long.. Our new maid may come in only end oct but we r not worry without maid as she dun help us much.. Just do some household thing which i can asks my last time part time cleaner to clean for me, washing of cloth diaper which i can either use washing machine or wear pamper for tt 2 wks and cook dinner onky which my mum can help to cook or we just dabao will do.. Tts basically wht she does n easily replaceable..;)

Hi lili
Ok.. Will try k but may not hv time.. Hee.. My laptop is down oso no time to rectify it.. Sigh.. Lol.. Ya, same pattern maid.. Havent change yet.. But changing soon by next mth.. Keke..

Hi lili gal,

Yea.. wanted to join fb coz easier to surf over mobile... no time to on the com these days. just thought it's nice to hang out with mummies with babies going thru the same phase and can share issues/experiences. too bad the jul fb grp is closed...

Anyway how to search for june mummies fb group? What keywords do i search for? I honestly dunno who are new/old members so doubt i'll start a new group...

Candy, yah....was hoping that she can stay longer until baby is abt 18 months to join play group. Let's see....if not, maybe her friend would be employed another person by then....

Hi all mummies ! Need some advice .... Does any mummies encounter irregular menses after giving birth ?? I give birth on 4th of July .... Then during my confinment time my menses came for 6 weeks .... Then straight after 1 mth my first period hav cum back for 9 days .... Then stop for 5 days ... But yest I had some spotting .... Juz wan to ask does anyone encounter tis ? Issit normal ?pls help BM!! Tks

Hi Mummies,

I am July mummy too, my baby is deliver on 2 July 2012, I have a fb page for July mummies, any mummies interested to join can pm me as this thread move too fast unable to follow...

Hi Mummies,

If you wish to search for fb group can search for 2012 Sg June Mummies or 2012 Sg July Mummies. I am in both group, we welcome all mummies to join us...

Jenni, I m from July mummies group, can I join June mummies group in fb as my son born in June
happy.gif
i hv sent out the request already..thanks! btw, I m Pinnky
happy.gif

Ya can join jun fb group. Lotsa us chatting over there.

Liligal are u on Jun fb group too? What is our name huh? Realise cannot connect nick to name;)

Kadice, i'm Ronni!!! Hahahhahaa... i thot u knew!

jonquil31, the previous jun group i talked abt was SMH June 2012. See if you can find.

Hi I also gave birth in early July.. Want to check with u mummies how much does ur bb sleep now? Is it only wake up for feeding then sleep immediately or they'll play a while b4 sleeping? My bb doesn't sleep well in the day, he cannot sleep straight for 3 hrs, at most 1 hr then will wake up either for some milk or juz dun wanna sleep... V difficult to take care in the day.. Is this normal for a 2 mths plus bb ??

HI SHyen, my bb also like that... I didnt bother much during the day when she can sleep or nt. Bb at the stage sleep 12 hrs per day this is wa my PD say. My bb also will wake up after her feed like sleep an hr or less... then wa ppl to carry if nt she will play herself alone. Most awake timing for her is from 4-8pm. She dnt sleep at all during this time. Then when her last feed at 10-11pm she can sleep thru out the nite till the nxt feed at 4am. I hv as my PD and he say it gd that bb sleep thru out the nite, gd for us cos we can rest. He also say it normal for bb to sleep. Bb will wake up herself when they hungry.

hi Shyen

My bb doesn't sleep for more than 45min in the day time unless he is carried during his nap.

In the day, he latch, falls asleep and the moment i put him down, he'll wake up or nap for 10min or 45min. I think his day sleep only 2hours in total. Night time also lousy sleeper.

Dunno why he so hyper. He's born on 24 Jul.

Hi mummies, was previously in aug grp as my edd 3rd aug .. But gave birth in jul instead .. So sorta new in here .. Can anyone add me in fb jul grp?

Hi faithfully n EK

Thks for your replies.. So I'm not alone.. My mil keeps saying Bb at this age sleep a lot, making me v stressed up. But 12 hrs a day seems like quite little, I tot that's the amt of sleep for a 2 or 3 yr old?

My bb now can sleep longer after I got a yao lan to the point my hubby and I soemtimes wonder how come don't wake up for milk. Like last night sleep from 630pm to 1130pm and both of us wake her from her YL to feed her cos we wanna sleep ourselves. Before I bought the YL, it was terrible - always waking up and patting to sleep then waking up again soon after making me v v tired. If you don't have a YL, can consider it. It really helped.

Hi, im july mummy. I would like to join fb for 2012 sg july mummies and i have sent in request. My fb name is Ela Ine..

Cheers

Hello mummies,

Wud anyone know if its safe to have radio frequency slimmin durin breastfeeding? I asked my dlimmin centre n they say its ok but i saw some websites recommending not to.
sad.gif
i already had 3 sessions n now am worried
sad.gif

Can also add mi in july mummies fb grp? My email is [email protected]

Oh ya. I may b sellin a medela freestyle pump US set at $380. Comes wif pump, tubing, 2 pairs of breastshield, a bag, 4 bottles, cool pack, cooling bag. Used for less den a mth. Selling cos i still prefer pump in style
sad.gif
let mi know via email at [email protected] if anyone is interested ok? Thanks

Back