(2012/07) Jul 2012

Hi mummies,
I can't follows the thread so often but silently reading when I have time. My boy is totally breast feed, I try to bottle feed him my expressed milk but he just reject the bottle, any mummies facing the same problem? And when bottle feed him I realize he only drink about 60ml per feed at 7 weeks old, is that too little? How to increase the amount coz usually I latch him and not able to know how much he drink.

hi, mummies,

I gave birth my #3 on 26th july, would like to join the disscussion.
happy.gif

hi, bodor,

for breast feeding baby as long as they pee/poo at least 6 times per day, you dont need to worry how much they drink per time, just feed by demand, you can start train him use bottle maybe 1 month before you return to work, if you are SAHM then there's no need to bottle feed at all, direct latch is always the best, convenient and also bb get the fresh milk which is better than EBM. for me i have to top up with FM as not enough ss and i also need to back to work soon, so it's alright he can accept both latch and bottle feed.

Xman,
Congrats to you n your baby, so is boy or girl?
My boy only poo one time per day! Sometimes he stretching body very hard and cry, Yest he never poo at all and being irritated ! Any mummies facing the same thing ?
Anyone on Facebook here? Thomson medical's FB is having baby photo contest, if any mummies there please help to click like my baby's photo, he is no. 9, thank you !
Xman I try to give him bottle because I intend to back to work soon but sometimes he rejects too, needs a lot of patient.

bodor,

it's a boy, same as yours.
happy.gif

it's normal that breast feeding bb poo once per day, as breast milk very easy to absorb, so all the good stuff been absorbed by baby, some bb even poo once per week and it's absolutely normal. another thing to check if bb drink enough is bb gain about 200g per week. my boy gain more than that as he drink FM too and bottle feeding tends to feed more as it's easier to suck compare to latch on.
you may want to try other bottle/teat, some babies only drink from one particular brand of bottle/teat, like my first 2 gals only want NUK the silicon teat, others all reject, my #3 much better, first time try tommi tippe he happily accept it without any problem. so I just stick to tommi tippe.

I have liked your boy, his eyes really looks like my son.

Dear all
Maybe i am abit kiasu but just curious, how to cook solid food for 6th mth bb tt is nice? I keep see the word puree form.. How to make food to puree form? Wht does it mean? Must we use a blender to make food? Care to share how shd we start to introduce solid food? Hee.. Want to get myself prepare since time flies..;) Thks gals..

Hi everyone
I would like to join in the chat chat too after following the posts since months ago.
My bb boy born on 24 Jul at 2.98kg.

How much weight did your babies put on from birth to 6 weeks old?

hi, joanne,

you can use blender or just steam the veg until very soft and use forks to make it to puree.if u want to know how the puree look like you can go to NTUC there's canned puree at the baby food section.think need to start with the rice cereal first, then slowly add the puree like carrot,pumpkin,sweet patato, 1/4 egg yoke etc.

hi, zaczac,

my boy put on 1.6kg from birth to 6 weeks old, my friend's son put 2.1kg from birth to 6 weeks old, based on the book i read it's normal bb put on 200g per week in the first few months. Think my bb over eat as i use bottle feed my EBM plus FM so he put more than average.

I worry my son not putting on weight well. He only put on 1kg from birth to 6 weeks old. I tbf my son but my milk supply like too low to beef him up.

Xman,
Thank you.
I was a bit over worried when he kept crying n stretching hehe. My boy also put on 1.6 kg for the first month too, hmm i think he is confused between latching n bottle, so sometimes he reject the bottle, i have did some reading and today i bought a playtex bottle, must try see how first. What FM brand your boy is drinking? I try to give him similac today but he rejected too.
EK , congrats ! My boy was 3.6kg at birth and 5.2kg when turn full month.
Joanne, i think can go to those class held by hospital? This is my no 2 but everything like new, almost forgot how to bath the baby haha. Xman & others mummies pls share.

Hi mummies, anyone gave birth naturally at SGH & opt for class A1 single bedded? How much did you pay in total after all the deductions & subsidize?

Hello mummies, havent checked the forum for a long time. I'm from the Jun mummies,but baby overdue so should be July mummies ba
happy.gif

Can add me on fb group too? [email protected]

It is indeed tiring, esp the night duties but when I see baby smiles, it is all worth it.

Xman and Bodor,
Your babies put on weight so well...mine still look like newborn.

I hope he chases up on his weight gain.

Do you all think I Shd give him fm top ups.

Ca n add me to fb group too? [email protected]

border,

your baby put so much in first month, my bb put 1.2kg at first month then another 0.4kg in 10 days.looks like your BM is very good. You may try use spoon or cup feeding your baby if he still reject then only change FM, if he accept then means its not the FM but the bottle and teat he doesnt like, then you may try other brand bottle and teat.I give my boy ENFA since in hospital when he was jaudice and need to stay one more day and i back home, so asked nurse gave him FM.

zaczac,

if you BM is enough, dont think there's any need to top up with FM, just let baby latch whenever he want, slowly your milk flow will increase, for me as my boy not really latch on well in the first few days, after introduce bottle he drink too much and i can only pump like 500ml but bb drink 800 to 900ml per day, so have to add FM else he wont sleep.will try to latch on more and pump less to increase ss and hope gave up FM soon.

Hmm I have problem reading...hard to read all the post on a small phone
happy.gif

Wonder if all mummies able to join July FB group.
Zac, I think can top up with FM, baby with FM looks more chubby but my son doesn't want it. I just open the tin last few days, I buy Similac 900g, can give you to try if you want.
I drink Sacred tea bought fm forum to increase my supply, it seems works for me but I suspect it's caused bb constipated. Can cook green papaya with pig trotlet soup too.
Just to share that my bb likes the playtex bottle, I think it's good for mummies who want to switch btw latching n bottle feed.

Hi mommies...long time din log in time check forum.. I'm in the fb group more often..

Joanne: there is a book First Food that has recipes for babies from 4months to 2 yrs... got different puree that u can make for ur baby..it's very good cos it's local context..library can borrow as well...

http://www.kinokuniya.com/sg/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9789812613349

re increasing breast milk...
for latching mommies, try to pump after latch...to tell ur brain u need more milk...cos breast feeding is a demand and supply thing..
pumping helps to increase ss...
for me,I will drink big cup of water before and after pump..I pump every 3 hourly.I will pump for 10 -15mins,rest 5mins then pump for another 10mins...this is to make sure I clear my breast nicely...
remember drink more water,sufficient rest is important as well...hope it helps...

re baby rejecting bottle
try nuk bottles or tomee tipee... their teats are verge close to our nipple...n during bottle feeding operation, get some one else to bottle feed the baby..mommy go far far away (cos baby can smell us )
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Need ur feedback cause I m 1st time mum. My baby poos at least 3times a day but nw he did not poos for e 2nd day nw. Izzit normal? I give him fm n bm and he is 7 weeks old nw.

Lsk...once baby is a month old, they wil poop lesser time liaoz...so don worry k...Its ok they don poop for few days..esp breast fed babies, cos bm nutrients r all absorbed ler..

Hi all , need some advice ! My regular menses hav cum back ald but the amt is quite many ..... Issit normal ? Cause when I'm having confinment my menses is not alot .... Does any mummies encounter like wat I'm encounter now ??

Hi all

any mommies here get blocked ducts often? I pump regularly every 3 hour. Is it due to incorrect bra worn?
I do not wear underwire bra yet.

Hi all , need some advice ! My regular menses hav cum back ald but the amt is quite many ..... Issit normal ? Cause when I'm having confinment my menses is not alot .... Does any mummies encounter like wat I'm encounter now ??

Hey Beloved Michelle, im in e same situation as u but i think there's nothing to be concerned. After delivery i was only spotting, i called my Doc to ask y its so little n she say its ok n im one of e lucky few who bleed alittle. She did a scan n yes nth much left in there.

I juz had my menses n it was ALOT for 3 days then it ended on e 5th day.

Soulsista : tks for ur info .... Erm I didn't went back to the doc checkup ... Cause was too busy with my newborn n during my confinment time my sewing part was damm painful n so I decided not going for the checkup .... I ald bleed for 3 days is still alot ... But I got check info through some other forum n they say is normal .... Juz hope tat the bleeding will stop cause is so irritating to be cover by the pad for so long cause rite after deliver my menses last for 6weeks thought is not alot but after 3wwwka plus it cum again but is my first period ... So sianz .... Tks

Hi Michelle,
i think it's not anything to concern but you better go for post natal check up with your gynae, same as u i was too busy with my DS1 so i didn't go ,end up i have blood cloth n bleed for several months...For my DS2 i went back to gynae after a week and he pressed my stomach to let all the blood out and now i am ok. take care.

Help!!!
Mummies who delivered in Thomson please help, I noticed my baby's BCG wound a bit swollen last few weeks, and today a lot of buss and blood come out! The wound area turned dark purple, any one experience the same thing?

Hi bodor my gal is also like tat at first I thought is pimple then I go n squeeze out also alot of pus n some blood but end up being scolded by my mum .... N I apply the nappy rash cream on it n now the area now the wound dry up ald n drop off ... Now is ald ok maybe u can try out ... Hope tis method will help u

Thanks Michelle, I called the nurse in KKH and was advised to clean the wound area with cool boiled water daily till it dry up. Personally don't like TMC nurses, no follow up call since discharge, forgot about me while I was injected epidural and was over numb for 5 hours! Still wish to choose KKH if I hv no 3 haha.

bodor,

just saw yr message about BCG, my #1 last time worse, got bleeding and i go to see PD, they just use the salt water( can buy from pharmcy) to clean then after few days it's ok already. now my #3 the wound still swallen a bit.I didnt take any action since no bleeding.

Hi mummies, my supply of milk is almost gone. Left with 10ml a day. Please help to advise ways to increase milk supply as my bb is only 3 mths n I would like to continue bfing. Any supplement to intro without any side effect n where can i get it? Thanks!

hello, so long din come in here already and so many new members now... ok, i think now i'm the new one now.

just want to check with you ladies if there is another FB group created recently? we have been having some requests to be added but we are not sure who are these mummies. could they have gone to the wrong group as we saw a new SMB Jul group being created? any idea?

btw, hello joanne!!! how r ur twins doing?!!? is cookie citizen etc still active here?
kadice you are everywhere in all the groups!!! how you find the time?!?!

Wow, it's been a long time since I logged into the thread and there are already so many members and so many posts! Hope everyone is coping well with motherhood. Time really flies and many of us are going back to work next month....really dread the thought!
sad.gif

Hi, liligal, motherhood keeps me crazy-busy. Have reverted to being a silent reader here.
happy.gif

Sblbee> I'm half looking forward to going back to work actually. Working is more relaxing than looking after baby... And my boss doesn't scream at me unlike the little one. Haha. But admittedly will find it hard to pass the caregiving to someone else.
sad.gif

hello folks! so nostalgic... so long no talk right?

btw, if you would like to join the FB group which has become "secret" by now (thanks to Marie's administration... cos i still dunno how to do these stuff well), you can PM me and i'll figure how to add you in. i think hv to become my friend first. hahha... anyway, can de-friend later. in the group, you can talk freely without "friending" anyone so no one gets access to your private info until you are more comfy abt it. (So joanne, start FB soon, we were talking abt u!)

as the group has talked alot and walked this journey together, we did a vote recently and thot it would be better if we only include pple who were active in the forum previously with us).... aka people who know Marie & me lah! hahaha... ok last part more or less kidding. so chichi right? hahah...

seriously not to offend people but the ladies shared alot of personal stuff already, met twice and meeting again. so it would be odd to have new mummies to start the conversation all over again... majority wins. we are still democratic in that way. paiseh ah...

sblbee, yah.. i got a shock when i came in here... but still saw joanne. was thinking abt cookie recently cos my vietnam fren came visiting singapore (of all places right?). me also dread working... i have been only latching and now dreading the thot of having to start pumping to store first whilst im at work.
sad.gif

mummydee, pm me or Marie k?

citizen, join us on FB. easier to update on mobile. u'll find a lot of familiar folks... remember THE QUEEN? ;) now we have octopus, ms oscar and ms tcm already.

mummydee, so got another group right? we also find it weird to have members requesting to join our group but dun really know who. i'm not sure if there's a new Jul mummy FB group created here and hence the confusion. you know of anything?

I tried requesting before, but think cos' my profile pic is not a human being, the administrator didn't add me.
So how do I find you on facebook? (will try to find a decent pic to put as facebook profile pic)

citizen, that one is angeline's or angelina's group.. that was before our time i think. PM me or Marie ang to add us then we add u in. think marie changed it to secret group now.

citizen, initially I was looking forward to work but as the day draws nearer....I kept extending my maternity leave by taking my annual leave until end Nov, am contemplating if I should take all the way to end Dec which is v likely that I would do so. Have u made arrangement for the caregiver for ur baby yet?

lili gal, think I got lost when there's another new FB July mummy group....I'm in the original group and when there are more and more new members, was a bit lost cos is already v attached to the old group. Wonder if there are mummies that join both groups?

sblbee, i think there are... if i'm not wrong, rykiel & rer-rer are in both groups. yah that's why after recent poll, all wanted it to be more for the same "era" mummies i guess...

Hi hi mummies...you can search for me on FB via my email add, [email protected] and send me a message telling me your nick in the forum.

lili_gal: Don't need to add as friends first. You want to leave your email address as well so that we can add our "old friends" (hee hee) into the FB grp??

liligal, yes yes, if that's the case, Rykiel and Cheryl are around the same era as me though I'm a late starter.

Marie, thanks for sending me a msg in FB! I've given u my nick to be added to the group. Thanks again!
happy.gif

Ahhhh. Then "old friends" can just use this forum to PM me. Goes straight to my mail. Now that's easier... See? I told u that marie is a better admin than me! Haha... She has made the group secret... meaning unsearchable. I also took some time to get it. Lol.

Back