(2012/02) Feb 2012

I haven't taken fenugreek on its own, have been taking Motherlove More Milk Special Blend, as well as domperidone
and mothers milk tea. Have heard some of these may cause gastro upset in baby, may make them gassy or loose stool.

I have not noticed the Maple Syrup smell.

Pineapple: My first one it took a really long time - I think even during my 2nd month I still feel some pain when I turn from side to side.

This time I feel relatively ok already - and this is day 5! Can walk quickly and quite independant, carrying my baby around and even some housework. Only when I cough or sneeze it gets painful. When I get up from bed also a bit uncomfortable but after a few steps also ok.

Orangeroses, me also recover quite fast. Day 2 can walk a little and by day 4 quite comfy already
happy.gif

Lemon, usually massage only after at least 3 weeks or 1 month. I will see if wan to do after 1 mth. So far already lost most of my pregnancy weight but my mum say massage still good to warm uterus.

Xia, I wouldn't be surprise if we are ward mates. Tml going for my final check. Hopefully will be more den 1cm dilated as per my last check yesterday. If Tml still no progress den I wi induce le. Cos it's 40wks + 3 days. Finally!!

Hi serene,

I take fernugeek but I din notice any maple smell.. I depend on it to increase my milk supply but like kellymom says, once my supply is established, I will stop.N yes, bb on full BM has loose yellow stools..

Serene, my bb is on 2-3 EBM a day.. N her stool is mustard colour n is loose/watery... Now I know why.. Initially, I thought only on total EBM then will be like this... Thanks babe!
happy.gif

GG, orangeroses - thanks! Though abit worried cannot handle 2 at the same time. But v sianz waiting liao. Keke. =x hope all goes well! =)

Meifen - Gd luck and jia yous ya! =)

JTS - start of bb fair @expo today 24/2-26/2 for those who can go.

GG_Lee, thanks for the advice. Will check out Dr Heng. Furthermore, glad to hear he is staying quite near my place. So GG_Lee, you stay around that area also? Hehe, maybe next time we can bring our little ones out together
happy.gif

Hazel, is there only one location for Yu Guo, like in the west? Cos its a bit far for me. Cannot imagine bringing baby and travel down all the way there. He got a lot of phelgm. And will always attempt to cough them out. I see liao, a bit heartache

Mummies, how many time do your baby poo each day? My CL say he poo once a day, is it normal? He's now 24days old, i tot he should poo more than that?

Btw, can somebody add me on the fb pls? Couldnt find the thread.
happy.gif

Shan, not that i know of. But u can call & ask. Already given the link on the website. My bb poo once a day usually now... One big poo.. Yesterday, was he poo 3x... But then, can tell the 3x r smaller poo per time... I dun when my bb poo.. Even at night, I know wat time she wakes up for milk & if she fusses as every morning, I will ask..

Morning all, I'm still in office. Yesterday a small doc checked me and my cervix bk to 1cm leh. Don knw y can shrink from 2.5cm bk to 1cm. Really worried my history will happened again then end up c-sect. Agrh.... Btw, did ctg, no contractions and bb heartbeat ok. Tat dr don wan to do scan for me to check water level leh. She say borderline case still can wait till my next appt with gynea on 1 mar. I asked y tummy smaller and smaller, she keep saying " no lah, no lah...." As tot she see me everyday and knw the tummy size last time. FAINT!!

Hi oops,

My case was the same as yours.. in fact, my cervix opened for 3 cm and close almost completely. I had contractions, went into labour but just could not go natural in the end.

Jojo, so cervix will close back. I tot once open will continue to open. OMG, really hav case of shrink back. My chance of c-sect getting higher and higher liao.

Wah, din know AAT have so many bad reviews. She's recommended by my fren who is quite picky about things. So thot she's ok. What I dun like is the waiting time n the carpark at TMC. Any recommendations of good PD in the east, preferably in Bedok area?

Re: Yu Guo
My cousin's son has been coughing for a long time. Western medication not much use for him so she took him there for tui na. And it really helps him to stop coughing. But queue is quite long. Another fren recommend anotheru sin seh in the west, but I can rem the name..

I stop takig fenugreek and viola, no more diarrhea, but my milk supply become stagnant. Now trying lactaction tea. Hope it will helps.

Jojo, how many capsules of fenugreek r u taking now?

For domperidone, it has to be prescibe by gynae? My gynae on hol, only back next week. If taking by then helps with increasing milk supply?

My bb is already 13 days old and my supply is only 70 - 80ml per pump. How much shld be the average milk supply at 2 weeks?

Trying to latch bb for at least 1 feed but she can take 1hr before she is satisfy and go sleep. Is the drinking timing too long?

Opps, jiayou! U can do VBac de. Now still have 1 week to your EDD. Dont worry too much.

Meifen, good luck!

Very tempted to sneak out for 2 hrs to the bb fair. Haha. Mummies who can go pls share any good offers ya.
happy.gif

oops: dun worry! Have faith.. Mb it will turn out different from mine.

Khim, I took 6 capsules at first then slowly reduce to 4, now I take only 2. 70 -80 ml is quite good already.. mine was about there when bb was 2 weeks old, now it's 200 ml per pump. So dun worry.

I went to the fair yeaterday as I was delivering some goods to my retailers. From the looks of it, the fair seems very good.. a lot of good offers. Im gg again later, will share again

wow jojo, 200ml per pump! That's a lot. mine currently only about 60-70ml per pump. Roughly how long you take to achieve this much? Any tips?

Shan, yes me stay west. My bb poos 7-10 times, almost like after each feed. She is on full bf currently.

Khim, dun think there is a 'standard' supply la. Really depends on each person and could differ even for different pregnancy. For no 2, bb 8 days now I can pump 90-150ml every 3 hrs. Best supply is the one in wee hrs so make sure dun miss the wee hr pump. My 8day old drinks 90ml per feed now.

Opps, all the best!! Dun fret too much abt whether end up c. Most impt baby comes out safely! I also find the last weeks tummy looks smaller.

Hi JoJo, how old is your baby now? When you took 6, you took 3 in morning, 3 at night?

Exact dom chicken recipe coming up over the weekend! CL will be cooking it on Sat and I will watch. So far, what she told me is sooo simple. And the effect is very good. I see my milk become less watery during the night pump.

OK, here's what she said:
1) Put some dom into soup bowl, about 1/5 to 1/6 of bowl. Then fill up with water. Pour into slow cooker
2) Put a bit more water into bowl, about 1/5. Pour into slow cooker
3) Black chicken drumstick/ kampong chicken drumstick - should scald in hot water briefly to remove oil. Cut away any fats. Put into slow cooker
4) Put pieces of ginger incl skin into slow cooker
5) Cook for X hours (I forgot to ask how many hours!!)

I will update again
happy.gif

Jojo: wow 200ml?!?
So envious..
Where to buy fenugreek? GNC?

For DOM with chicken drumstick:
Muz boil for 3 hrs to get rid of the alcohol content.
Heard that aft drinking muz go to sleep n cannot touch water..

Chilli, u want to buy fenugreek? I hv extra bottle to sell cos over stock. Let me know if interested. Gnc selling 100 capsules at $29.50. I am selling 200 capsules at $30 , collect at boon keng or toa payoh mrt or add $3 more for postage.

Thanks Khim!!

I'm gonna check in 11pm tonight to induce. Should be out by Tml afternoon.. Opps, Jia you! Leave it to the nurses and Gynae professionalism on whether it will be natural or c-sec. What's impt is bb safety.

GG:

my first impression of Dr heng was not very gd too. he looks kinda scary with his mask n he sounds very serious n stern. i tld myself i will not go back to him but ended up going back as his meds is really gd
happy.gif

oops:

got yr PM, texted u liao
happy.gif

i thot u had contractions? end up now no more contractions n now frm 2.5cm become 1cm? mayb bb waiting for yr main gynae to come back....btw so many gynaes on holiday. usually dr do not like to do too many scans on u unless like me......u r pass due date. then they will check for water lvl n placenta n umbilical cord. mine now then start ctg n dr haven even check dilation... my hopes of vbac is also diminishing but hang in there!! u r still not "overdue" like me...so yr chances r still gd
happy.gif

XIa:

thanks for the no. i jus called. they have night clinic on mon n wed i think...thanks for the contact! talking about stretchmarks. ive tried oil, creams n my tummy is a work of "graffiti"
sad.gif
i'm over due n overstretched...haha

how;s yr progress? in hospital yet? all the best! u r going to "unload" soon n u'll b carrying yr precious one in yr arms. envy
happy.gif

orangeroses:

PT on holiday tom....he is very insistent in asking me to just wait for vbac. i see him so firm in trying to help me achieve the goal, i also paiseh to give up n ask for csect. my mil on the otherhand kept chasing me to be "cut" i need to block out all the negative thinking n patiently wait....but i m really comfortable with PT n hope bb will wait for him to be around whichever the outcome *fingers crossed *

csect recovery: my first ecsect was not too fantastic too. i forced myself to walk the next day with pain. walking to the nursery was a challenge. recovery was also around 2mths n that is when i have all the help that i need. got maid, CL, mil, hubby around. all i have to do is to rest. this time got #1...n CL only. mil will only come off n on thus i really wanna try vbac but if PT's skills on ecsect is so gd, i do not need to worry even if unsuccessful ....hopefully :p

meifen:

have a smooth delivery!!!

Actually drink alcohol / Dom has what benefits? I super kiasi, try to pump way before drinking and feed ebm for the next feed. So at least 4 - 6hrs gap.. But failing miserably.. First time got 90ml of ebm for her, seems not enough and best is she asked for milk abt 1.5hrs aft I drink..! 2nd time took more than 1 hr to feed and soothe her and still need to latch.

Gg, if let down suddenly, got time to "catch" the milk?? If pump then, next feed still have. So far I ignore let downs..

Do you all feel that usually milk production is in the morning? I usually wake up w 1breast quite full n 1 breast feeling very engorged but in the evening feel quite empty.. Even like not enough.. Wonder why...? Is this normal..?

Shan, my bb aso like with Phelgm.. But only certain time / position.. At times no sound at all.. Just now for 4 times, she seem to want to drink but once nipple in the mouth, she seem to gag and like want to vomit.. Dunno how.. U seen a doc aldy? Any remedy?

Chewie, Tks for the recipe! Looks simple.. Looking forward to the detailed recipe over the weekend.. ;)

Beemummy, haven't let down, haven't even start the suckling, latch on properly..

Btw, any west mummies need the herbal bath herbs? I buy too many.. Dunno anybody want to take over? Nice smell, not sticky..

icyclaw: Is it air? maybe burp her first?

pineapple: My first c-sec experience was horrible too but to my surprise, the 2nd one was less painful but still have complications la.. I think it's ME, and not my doc

chilliquek and shan: I think it's becuase I drink lots of fluids and soups this time. But everyone is different and as long as bb has enough to drink, i think it's good enuff. Please dun stress over the supply.. instead take the time n play w bb..

chewie: she's gg to b one month old tomorrow! No no.. I take 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon n 2 at night. N i always take it before latching or pump.

Pineapple, haha, ya me also. And I din dr heng cannot stand us the first time we saw him. Everything he ask us we dunno
like poo how many times, drink how much milk, how's the shit etc etc. Cos I really left it to my CL for no 1 but I din bring her with me to pd. But after dat when get to know dr heng better find he is good and caring doc.

Icyclaw, no, sometimes let down just suddenly come and my front pj will be soaked. During pump same also sometimes v messy, esp I using single pump. So have to juggle between both sides or hold another bottle to catch the leaking milk. Then sometimes after hot drink suddenly let down also. Dats when I have to decide leave it or pump cos I try to latch at least 2-3 times a day so bb is used to latch as well and not only take bottle ebm.

Mummies, any recommendation for caterer for 15pax. Small scale celebration. Most requires min 30.

Must celebrate b4 and not after full month is it?? Even if just 1-2 days later?

My husband have great faith of me. Wanted to bring milk storage bag to hospital just in case I can fill it up *faint*

Thanks to all mummies for all the encouragement! Just woke up from a nap and I'm gonna have a good dinner and have my final dose of bubble tea for a long time to come.

Pardon me if I post any repeated questions after a few days cos I'll probably 'understand' the great advices only when I meet with the real situation.

good luck meifen!! ur hubby very cute lah

GG, must celebrate before! your letdown is shooting milk kind issit? wah, ur baby very lucky, dun need to suck v hard

Meifen, jia you!!

Chewie, no lah!!! Not so power till shooting type!! Only will keep dripping down. Only when use pump then will shoot. Will ask my gynae whether good idea to take fenugreek or domperine to build supply faster but worried abt any side effect. Hopefully with continued pumping will get more milk. But nipples get sore after so many sessions of pump and latch.

Hi mummies,
Wish to ask those who pump and latch at the same time.

Cos this is my second child, I have prob with breast feeding with my #1. Was very depressed over milk supply, I will latch first then go n pump even though he milk i get is very pathetic. Until the day that I decided to keep away my pump and just focus on latching only then did I finally gave up on catching up with supply issue. hence I only started using pump when baby finally slept through the nite, i pump out to prevent engorgement and when I go back to work.
Now with my #2, I have decided to keep latching and not pump at all.
Wish to ask mummies who latch and pump, when and why u will pump over latch?
I m curious cos for my case, in the daytime, will wake baby up 3-4 hrs after feeding hence if I pump and then feed, like a bit extra work leh, at night my baby is like alarm clock, will wake 3-4 hrs for feed so also no point to pump......

Meifen,
After reading yr post made me miss bubble tea even more.
I m hooked on bubble tea, now already 2 weeks no bubble tea for me sob sob....
Regretted not getting one before going to hospital.

Hi girls, have been a long time since I last came online. Ever since bb out, hardly got any time left.

Am feeling very miserable. Wanted to go full breast feeding but my supply is really low. Bb now already 15 days old, but my supply only 20-25ml per pump (both breasts hor!!). So Khim, yr supply actually not bad already!!

I always try to latch on first, around 30min. Most of the time, bb will be sleepy after 30min.. Too sleepy to take fm further. Then she wil sleep for 2 hrs, before crying for next feed. Sometimes, if she is not too sleepy, we will give her another 40ml. Sometimes she can finish, sometimes cannot.

Me very worried... She weigh 3.8kg now (birth wt is 4.04kg) but the most she is only taking so little milk. Wil bb be too sleepy n can overcome hunger pangs?? Bb urines ard 6-8 times per day but poo only 1-2 times per day. Sometimes no poo for whole day then poo 3x the next day. Does bb has enough food??

Also worried abt my milk supply. Have been taking fenugreek (6capsules/day) since some 10 days ago, like no obvious effect. Just started to take Dom peridone 2 days ago but seems like result is slow too. Have been drinking lots of hot soup, hot drink, massage before pumping, pumping/latching every 2-3hrsly, etc etc...but why supply stil so low??

Now dunno whether shd persever or shd give up bf... Have been afraid of nipple confusion, so doing spoon feeding but this is really tough on my mom who is helping. Bb takes 30min to finish 30ml milk.

Girls, need some advice.... Shd I continue to wait for my supply?? Will it ever increase? Shd I jus give up? What has gone wrong???
sad.gif

Haizzzzz.....

Jinglebell- why do you think you have low supply? 30 mins per feed is very good, and you can even pump more after that? 2 - 3 hrs between feeds is normal, and the number of pee and poo diapers sounds fine as well.

Jinglebell:
Last week I was feeling miserable too. Like u, I was saddened with my low BM supply.
Luckily some of my ger frenz encouraged me n talked me thru.
If got BM, then good. If not enough, then supplement w FM.
Going thru pregnancy n labour has already taken a toil on us
physically n psychologically, now we need to b kind to ourselves.
Bb can feel our emotions so we need to b happy.
Ur bb number of wet diapers seem ok. But for bb weight loss, u may want to consult PD for advice.

Jinglebell, dun stress yourself over bf. Stress is bad for supply. I understand how u feel, was like dat for no 1. For no 2 I try to latch but I worry how much bb actually takes as bb always fall asleep and does not empty the breasts. So I prefer to pump and bottle feed. Is ok for now as CL help to wash and sterilize. I tried cup feed for no 1 and is really not easy, so this time I decided not to be hard on ourselves, just bottle feed ebm. Turns out bb ok with both as I latch plus bottle feed.

Key thing I find maybe is to really latch and pump more often and make sure drink a lot of hot drinks and soups, and use a hot towel and massage your breasts to open up ducts b4 pump. Sometimes different pump work for different pple. I tried medela freestyle last time, din get much. But this time using a simple avent manual pump but works very well for me. Can pump both side in 30mins.

Junglebell, and yes if no supply just use fm. We should not penalize ourselves and feel bad just becos not enuf bm. I dun really agree with the current over emphasis on bfing, it has caused a lot of mummies undue stress and self blame and feeling inadequate as a mummy.

Hi jinglebell,

Don't feel demoralised as I was only pumping 20 to 25ml from day 5 and had to supplement bb with formula as he no poo n urine for 1 whole day.

I am taking fenugreek, nursing tea n pills from gynae to increase supply.

At day 15, I managed to get 60ml both sides which is still not enough for his feed but at least ratio now is 2/3 BM, 1/3 formula

What I did was pump every 3 hours but sometimes late in pumping. In addition I latch whenever baby awake to suckle or hungry in btw pumps...

After latch, I express balance if i latch during my 3 hour pump

Hope it helps...

icyclaw, hehe i did the same thing as you. After drinking dom, purposely set timer to ensure that i only pump or latch more than two hours later. And i make sure that i pump just before i drink Dom. :p...My CL ask me to give bb "hou zao fen", those chinese medicine. So far, he is getting better. Maybe you can try. My kiasu hubby, call alot of chinese sensai and ask, and they say bb can eat. But just twice a day, and the dosage is just very little in which you give bb before they bath. Think you can ask the chinese medical hall ppl for clearer pix.
happy.gif

Back