(2012/02) Feb 2012

I v tempted to go jb nowadays to walk walk cos v bored but I v scared stuck in jam and bb decide wan to see the world already! LOL! Normally when u all go JB which part u all go to? Where is gd to buy cheap and gd baby/toddler home wear ah?

Xia, JB has premium outlets now (aka factory outlet)
http://www.premiumoutlets.com.my/

I didn't go yet coz pregnant. Hubs went yesterday coz he went to JB factory. He bought of 501 levs jeans...

Last time, we always go to the shopping malls & supermarket further ino JB.. Not those near custom ones like city square, pelangi, etc

Hi mummies, I am turning 37 weeks tomorrow. Bb is a bit small at 2.6kg and gynae said my amniotic level was low at 4.9 cm. she will most probably induce me next week.
sad.gif

xia, I always go tebrau city where there is both Tesco (groceries) and Jusco (shopping mall) to shop at the same time. Parking also free there.

Or we will go Giant near temah sentosa cos hubby will wash his car there at the same time.

Sometimes we will go KSL shopping mall then to the opp bak ku teh shop to eat. Hubby will also get a car wash there.

For diaper, I know mamy poko is abt S$10 to S$20 cheaper. The rest is abt less than $10 cheaper. Pet pet jus raised their price in JB so now same price as sg. I used to buy pet pet. I always buy huggies (nite time) during promotions, it will be abt the same price as JB Drypers. Worth buying. I now use drypers for day time, abt S$10 cheaper in JB.

GG Lee, tats y I say my massage lady lousy. She don dare to touch my tummy at all. Also maybe my wound is those pop out and red type so she see liao very scare. I asked my gynea and sis-in law (nurse), they say I'm the unlucky one to develop a thick, red and ugly scar. But its normal.

i have alot of newborn and small diapers already, my boss ask me wat i want for gift, cos company will give me a gift, i also ask for diapers. cos the rest of the items i have already (i.e. stroller, cot etc).

i probably will go in JB to stock up on diapers a few months later!
happy.gif

Opps, a keloids has formed on your c section wound... FYI, I m also prone of scarring from keloids!! That's why I asked my gynae if I will get keloid downthere if I do vagina delivery... Coz a gf of mine had it there n sex is painful even till now, >10yrs later!

My gynae told me if get keloid at vagina, very tricky indeed..BUT he said, none of his patients hv gottenq it below unless I wan to be the first!!

The Plc u mentioned in JB were where we frequent too before pregnancy days.. I was robbed at teman sentosa areas...

Hazel, yup, its keloid. I don knw how to spell so nvr mentioned it jus now.

OMG, if viginal birth will also get it there ah. FAINT!!!! I tot it depend on our skin and not on the stitching skill of the gynea rite? Why your gynea so confident you won't get it under him?

Yup, when u mentioned rows of houses, I suspect teman sentosa liao. I only go KSL and seldom to teman sentosa. Unless I wan to eat the roast duck then hubby will drive there to tabao.

Jen, my #1 belly was ok, slowly slim down then go back to normal. but #2 boy, my belly button very obvious. i think when we slowly slim down will inverted back to normal.

NG, bb 2.6kgs consider healthy can give birth anytime. some of my firends they hoping a small bb then during 3rd tri eat a bit only, bb come out 2.6kgs very easy to push out in few hours only. Don't need to suffer the pain for prolong.

Those who gave birth to the 1st dragon bb mus inform us here or in fb leh. So that we will wait in front of the tv on Monday evening to see you on tv.

Opps, yes, dependent on our skin, but gynae's skills r important too. I did a few d/c, all these carry the same scarring risks in our womb... N our womb cannot afford to scar.. If we want to hv kids.. Some gals scar from d/c.. My gynae was super gentle n light.. But he told me, there is still a risk.. N these scars can be super fine that they dun appear on a normal scan... So, after each d/c, I had to a detailed womb scan to make sure there weren't any scars... My gynae said, if hv, he needs to fix it. But he is good.. All well..

In fact, he is known to be the best surgeon in KKH.. That is why I followed him to tmc.. If he is confident, at least, put me more at ease right? The clinic which he operated in KKH is now so quiet without much crowds.. Instead, his tmc clinic is now packed with pp.. My last appt, I went to his night clinic which was supposed to close at 8pm.. I left at 815pm, n there were still 5 couples waiting to see him! His clinic hotline is hard to get thru too.. Either engaged or no one picks up coz he is still facing teething problems as the clinic just started operations in Jan. We complained n he told us to just walk in if office hrs, n he will see us. If non office hrs, go 24hrs n they will page for him.

Oops, y going vbac this round is it? If c section again cam ask gynae cut away old scar so got chance to heal well again. There are gels and silicone sheets that can be used to help skin heal better. Can ask your gynae.

My massage last time got do my tummy, just no direct pressure on the cut which is bikini cut so v low, no reason to touch also. And she ask me to put a thick pad to protect wound also.

hazel, I know my scar is very thick. Cos for my 7 or 8 weeks (can't remember) scan, the radiographer keep commenting that my scar very thick and she can't see my bb cos been block by the scar. That time bb still super tiny plus scar very thick so take quite some time for the scan.

Too bad all good gyneas left KKH. Mine also left last Aug. Hope my new gynea is good. So far my sis-in law say her stitching below there is healing very well. And she say she is very gentle too.

GG Lee, yup, I'm praying hard for vbca. I heard can ask gynea to cut away the extra skin during c-sect. Will remind myself to ask my gynea to do it if I suay hav to go for c-sect again.
happy.gif

Dear mummies/mummy-to-be, I'm a reporter from Straits Times and I'm looking for couples who are trying for dragon babies or are already going to have one. If you don't mind being interviewed, do you think you can drop me a mail at [email protected] with your contacts? I don't have to use your full name if you're not comfortable. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks

Jane Ng

Hazel, do u mind giving me the You Long Zi contacts? I'll like to get some ref for Chinese names. Thanks!!

Finally 36 weeks !! Going for gyne visit tomorrow, hope all is well... !!

Opps, ya can tell gynae in advance just in case. Hope you succeed in vbac!

Bb 2.6kg at 34wks plus. Hope hit 3kg at birth
happy.gif

Xia: on cleaning sterilizers squeeze half a lemon, filter the lemon juice and leave in for 30mins. Wipe off and rinse dry.

Ng: impt is mummy and baby healthy. Anyway low amniotic fluid not a major issue since about term le.

Al: how are you long time no see wor..

Hazel and oops - thanks for the info! Now got more places to go! So looking forward to when can go jb again! Heh.

GG - sure can! My #1 onli 2.1kg@34 wks. She was estimated to b 3kg@40wks but came out onli 2.7kg tink cos bones light. But urs 34wks already 2.6kg. Sure hit de! =) eat more eat more! Hee

Al - ya! Tell bb come out at rite time! Got many freebies and can immediately collect ang baos! Hehe

soul> a bit lazy now...that's why seldom go online, tummy too big now rest at home....
happy.gif

xia> i hope too... but pray that bb come out on that time.

Just to share. I had a scare yest. Had constipation for 1 hour, when I finally push the stools out, I was bleeding from the vagina, had to call hubby home, throw remaining items into hospital bag and go to TMC. Clinic asked me to go to labour ward and my gynae will see me there. Got hooked up to ctg machine to monitor bb heartbeat and contractions. Gynae did checks on cervix etc. Painful! After 2 hrs, concluded no contractions and water level is fine, so went home, super tired. Gynae said safe to deliver now, I jus reached 35 weeks, but we hope that bb can stay inside a while more to gain a bit more weight, cos he was 2.4kg at 34 weeks. Now, I need to take stool softener, and adelet 3 times a day...

Jen, Xia, Soul - thanks for reminder on sterilizer, I totally miss that out, I thought can just use like that, haven't read instructions yet.

Jen, I also asked a friend on cleaning those non-washable toys, she said jus damp cloth will do and sun them...

Ghk, gynae checked on your cervix? That can bring on labour / contractions.. Under normal cases, gynae checks only at 37 wks n after

Ghk, have lots of rest. Am sure stool relaxer helps. My gynae gave me dat after delivery last time.

Ya, check cervix can trigger contractions and delivery.

Xia: no need la. just the base ok leh. To clean the oxidisation ma.

Al: at home can surf net ma. Lol.. You got sing song to baby anot?

GHK> Lucky everthing ok, me also during last Tri very hard stool. I always eat papaya, drink prune juice, it help.

Soul> at home why cannot surf net??? u very cute le
happy.gif
, i rather on music then sing song to bb. for easy give birth, i try to do more exercise at home lor. now u should b more busy taking care bb right.

Now totaly no feeling of contraction, bb already 3kg+. worry he stay inside too comfortable don't want to come out ...haha

My maid told me, her hometown cook papaya leave to increase breastmilk, but over here cook green papaya soup... yesterday drink papaya soup kena lao sai. Don't know during confinement drink also lao sai or not.

Now busy working. Then after work go see baby. Then at home take care wife.

Ur baby waiting for gd timing and day to come out.

Wah so fast worry about milk supply le ah?

Hazel, yep, that's the same med. Can use for high bp too. Gynae got to check cervix to see if got dilate, so no choice... Super painful, think I was too tense...

Thanks soul for sterilizer advice...

Thanks GG and Al, hope that I can tahan another 2 more weeks...

My mil started cooking papaya soup for me, quite nice, so I dun mind drinking....

Al: very tiring but what to do. Sometimes lunch if not meeting client I will go see my little darling daughter.. You can do it de la. don't worry so much.

GHK you also started on Papaya soup le huh?
happy.gif

By the way anyone wants to buy 2 week old Medela Swing? We end up using PISA so the swing is left one side. Warranty sent out on 7th Jan SGD220 for almost new set. Pick up serangoon nex area

Ghk, I eat papaya, pear, n drink prune juice every day.. No prob with emptying bowel. Stool softners do no work on me....

Thank u mummies n daddy for yr reassurance.. I m hoping that bb will be ard 3 kg by wk 38.. Cos my mil kept saying that i do not eat enuff tts y bb is small ;( but i have been eating every 3 hrs hahaha.. I shall plump up bb by eating durians n maternal milk..

Hi mummies,
I hardly got time to post here but today bb sleep very early.Just to share my experience with breastfeeding.I had hard time coping with my bb during BF sessions and always feel like giving up and feel very stress when bb cries or struggle whenever I try to lacth her. Till got to know abt Mdm Rokiah service frm traditional & holistic postnatal centre. She really support mummies till most of them success with Bf issue. Many mummies is these forum get her advise and support. She even teach me how to latch my bb. You mummies, don't giveup BF easily and get advise frm frens or more info about BF. May visit her website jamumassage.com or see her FB for recipe on food to eat that help to increase your milk supply.

Hi mummies,
My baby jus turned 3 mths and she outgrown her diapers very fast, hence I stuck with 5 packs of Huggies small 44 pcs per pack. Anyone interested to take over all 5 packs at $60? Pls email me at [email protected]. Self collect at tampines

Hi understand that most mummies here is going to due, I have some items which I wanna clear off PM me if keen.

Boys clothes selling cheap
Quinny buzz in rebel red @ $450
Cloth book selling $4 per pcs ( have afew)
Grobag selling $15
Teether $2
Baby Cot bedding $60 comes with Cot skirting, diaper bag, comforter etc. Got it from Uk.
Mittens with rattle sound for newborn @ $3 each. ( bright n colour too)
Fisher price play gym rainforest $15

Drop me a mail on things u r looking for n I might have n selling cheap. Wanna clear space.

seen dr today. at 37 weeks bb abt 2.85kg. dr says he is fat
sad.gif

asked dr abt d pelvic pain but dr says bb nt engaged yet just that bb is quite big n causes pressure on d pelvic ring. seems like my dr is quite strict on d definition of big bb!

Hmm.. I tot the expected weight at 37weeks is 2.9kg? Hmm u may wan to sleep with a pillow placed under yr hip
To relieve pelvic pain..

I can feel the pain below there when I walk. I think bb is pressing down by the gravity when I walk. Hope it also means bb turn head down liao.

Starting to walk super slowly today. Can't walk fast cos of the weight and legs are tired. Same problem I faced for my #1 at the same stage too. Meaning I'm nearer to delivery liao. Yeah! Hope hubby can walk slower for me and #1 won't ask me to carry her anymroe or I will walk even more slowly.

Back