(2012/02) Feb 2012

Morning all, I throw out once last evening and diarrhea 3 times since last evening. No strength and having gastric pain now cos stomach is empty. I still crawl to work cos my project partner is not around this week. I'm the only one here to work on the project. Going to see doc later. terrible feeling.

Dear jascmy.. take care.. poor thing. Hope that you get better very soon.

Re: Wong Boh Boi's books
Hi Pearl, I recall having seen people selling the TMC books on the forum. You may want to consider buying from them.

Re: Stroller
I saw a couple using a "Buggy Board" but I don't know where to get it. It's a board that you attach behind a stroller, so the little one will sleep in the stroller and the older child can hitch a ride behind the stroller as you push it. It seems great but I don't know the cost either.

Jus came back from clinic. Doc say is gastric flu. Have to stay away from my #1. I don wan to spread to him. Hope to get well soon cos I'm flying to HK this Sat.

Morning all, I'm feeling better now even tot I still LS twice last evening and once this morning. I feel hungry and hav some appetite liao. Don think I will put on 30kg for this pregnancy cos I keep falling sick and lost appetite. Hehee...

So quiet here leh. Where is everyone.

I realised I can't wear all my pants and long sleeves t-shirts liao. I only have 2 maternity long pants. Hav to be super woman next week in GZ and HK wearing shorts and short sleeves. Hope the temp there don suddenly drop too much.

Selling off 2 sets of Pigeon breast milk storage bottles. 3 pcs per set. Willing to sell at 50% off retail price. Interested, pls pm me.

serene, yup, I will be bringing 2 stockings along. If cold then I will wear 2 layer of stockings and shorts loh. Haiz, no choice leh. No pants to wear. Will bring 1 cardigan, 1 jacket and 1 mao yi.

So quiet here. Jus to share that my bb's movement getting stronger since last evening. I told my hubby and he happily put his ears on my tummy trying to hear bb and we ignored our #1. In the end #1 fell from bed head down leh. Heartpain!
I think my bb don like the washing machine movements and sound in my tummy so is trying to complain to me.

Good Morning mommies! How's everyone?! Went for my detailed scan last Friday and it's a boy! but gynae was saying bb on the big side, gotta cut my carbo intakes.. boohoo!

Serene, saw your good news! Great!! U can rest your mind! so happy for you!
happy.gif

Jascmy, hope you are feeling better now. Go GZ and HK to cheong and buy some more clothes? They should be cheaper than buy from SG.

teong, I have lots of clothings from my #1. Too bad tis bb also boy so can pass down and wear same clothings. Haiz....if tis bb is gal then I will cheong for clothings loh. I will buy some other bb stuff eg. bibs etc..

U hav to cut down on carbo and no durians hor. Durian will boost bb weight.

Hi Jascmy / Serene,

yes, have to cut carbo. Cos carbo = sugar when goes into body. scan at wk21 shows bb weighing 440gm! Gulp!! Big bb, compared to my first, this was nearly doubled the weight and the sonagrapher was telling me during the scanning 'oh! ur bb is very chubby!' Duh!!
The thing is that I have not been eating well, keep puking, i wonder how this little beanie can still gain at such a speed. *scratching my head*
Now i'm very sianz, cos limited food that I can eat niah, cut carbo means cut a lot of food intake. My gynae quite particular about weight gain, scare hard to deliver.

Hello everyone! Me back from BKK shopping trip! Luckily I just missed the flood. Had no trouble getting around at all, it mostly rained at night or when I'm in the mall. The shopping was awesome! Bought like a year's worth of bb basics. Mostly carters, chicco and other known brands as the quality was better and price a lot cheaper than retail. But I walked too much in ballet flats and suffered a backache after a few days. Heh.

Jen> Are u still able to make your trip with the advisory alert?

Kimi> On maclaren stroller, do note that although one of the plus is that it is light and easy to handle, but it also topples backwards easily for the same reason. Esp when u hang things like diaper bag on the handle, it makes the stroller topple backwards and can be quite scary if the bb is in it.

Teoong, I saw dr tan today coz dr loh is away n I insist of seeing a dr., if not must wait 5 wks for him to come bk. I am 22w 2 days. Dr tan said bb is closed to 800g. I asked him if bb is too fat. He said average leh!! So ur bb at 21 wk 400 over grams is not chubby... :p

Jascmy, why not try wearing leggings? i now wear loose long sleeve tops and leggings for work nowadays. keeps you warm and its stretchable also.

Hazel, my bb is 343g at 22 weeks...is that too skinny???

Jus heard of another mummy who when thru delivery of her boy without using Epidural. Thats always my wish. Can I do it?? I shouted and cried for Epi for my #1, jus a gastric flu stomach pain and I can't take it liao... Can I do it this time? Mus really tok to my hubby to help me fight the pain war. Cos last time he himself gave up on me cos he knws my pain threshold very low.
Pray hard I won't end up emergency c-sect again.

huang meifen, I do hav 1 leggings but not long enough and I feel very tight leh. So uncomfortable. Will bring it along and buy somemore when I'm there. Its uncomfortable but stretchable and easy to match all tops.

oh..i saw this deal voucher. "60mins Pre-Natal Massage + 15mins Foot Relax Massage at Beauty.Mum & Babies@Paragon Orchard for just $68 instead of $167" - anyone keen to get it? i need some relieve off my back. still figuring out the best sitting and sleeping position

http://www.streetdeal.sg/deals/view/543/55/59_off_60mins_Pre-Natal_Massage_15mins_Foot_Relax_Massage_at_Beauty.Mum_BabiesParagon_Orchard.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=527&utm_campaign=Absolut_Inspira_Pte_Ltd

planet: I envy u, can go BKK shopping.
My gynae suggested me not to fly, and ask me to wear special stockings to improve blood circulation at legs.
So I could only go on a stayaction at Sentosa.. haha.
If I go BKK, I sure "buy" the whole Platinium Mall back.. haha

Jascmy, am tinking of going for natural without epidural. but since this is my #1, i dunno my pain threshold. hopefully i can survive without epidural. i got a friend who gave birth twice without using it too. i guess the best is to relax and not read/hear any horror birth story. i'm hoping to go in with an open mind *cross fingers n toes*

Hi Freedom, hope your test results will turn out good! *pray pray*

Hazel, my gynae gives me a firm warning on food intake, only to take 3meals a day n drink warm water niah.. prob i think cos he also looks at my build bah. Says my bb is really big, scare at due date hard for natural delivery and if only bb's head out and body not out will stress bb. I also scare when I heard him saying that. I'm still looking forward to natural delivery, not in favour for Csect.

Meifen, you can check at babycentre on a guideline for bb's weight at each week. now small it's still alright, cos at 3rd tri, baby will gain most of the weight.
happy.gif

Meifen, bb can vary alot in weight. At birth some are just 2kg. But some can be over 4kg! So dun worry as long as dr said is fine. I worry my too fat. Dr said average.. Based on bb length yes average but based on weight she is heavy.. Maybe like her daddy! Fat!

Teoong, u very small size? I even specifically asked dr just now if bb is too big when I almost fell off the bed when he said closed to 800g! I didn't even ask. But he said average leh.. He took out a chart n measure some more... Only 3 meals n no sweet drinks? Ok... I try... But I did read bb does not put on weight consistently. Some put on more at beginning n little behind. My gf bb was 1.3kg at 28 wks but when she delivered bb at 39w was less than 4kg.. Anyway, worse come to worse, c section. As long as bb is healthy is ok

Hazel, ya, i'm small build. My gynae advise to eat more proteins and veggies. No sweet drink , can only eat fruits but minimum drinking of fruit juice. Since fruit juice are mainly sugar bah. Eat healthly most impt. ya, worse case Csect, but I'm more of natural birth la, so I will take note to eat healthily, jus endure! and time will fly pass very fast! :p

meifen, if you are not afraid of needles, can go for blood donations etc.. your pain threshold shld be high. So far my friends and sis who don afraid of needles all go thru without epi.

I'm afraid of needles loh. Even till now after going thru the pain for both natural and c-sect. Haiz. I even shouted out loud when the nurse put drip on me. My pain threshold super low de. Tats y hubby gave up on me when I shouted for epi. hahaa...

Hi ging3r, I've tried once Pre natal massage thru my sis recommendation. She engaged this Malay lady for Post natal massage during her confinement. A very experience lady.if u r interested, u may want to drop me a Pm. I've two more recommendations thru frenz too, but have no experience w their massage yet.

Teoong, same as u, my princess is on a big side ... At 371g at week 20. Gynae told me to watch my carbo and sugar intake. Problem is I dun take sweet drinks (princess dun like), I eat v little like my pre pregnancy meals... 3 meals and no snacks cos no craving, so what's there to cut?? Dun know where my princess get her nutrients from. From me or from my weekly bird nest indulgence. Now my princess is at natural birth position. Hope she dun move or grow bigger than 3kg. If not can't go for natural birth! Becos of this my hb buy for me plain non fat non sugar yoghurt. Yesterday gave him a bit he sid it sucks ... I told him now then knowyr wife is suffering!

Hi morning everyone, does anyone know and CL/ Helper to assist in the day only? There is not enough space to let CL stay overnight.

meifen, yup, it is. I heard its the most painful event of all. But so far I see those who went thru are those who are not scare of needles.

Morning all, hav one tips to share for those taking MRT everyday. U can board at the last or 1st door of the MRT train. Its not so crowded and ppl there are more kind. 100% will hav seat for u de. I meet up with my hubby at the 1st door and realized that so now I board the train everyday at the last door. 100% hav seat. Ppl sure will gave up seat for me. And its not so crowded so definitely can board the train without squeezing. So seat also nvr cos I hav a comfortable place to stand.

Good morning mommies!
Thanks to mommies for the mkt price for baby sitters!

Glad to hear many mommies are doing well and guess what?

We are more than half way there! Jia you jia you!
My feet swells a bit now, fren recommend soak in warm water with Epsom salt from Guardian. Havent tried though, mayb tonight go buy.

Sleep wise: woke up at least once every night to go toilet, otherwise quite ok.

Havent found infantcare or babysitter yet :-(

Jascmy,
Its better to sit at train head rather than train tail cos as the train moves forward, the wind blows from front to back of the train, thus together with all germs or virus of ppl inside train. Thats what a doctor told my fren.

i realised mostly Indians give up seats for me... How touched !

jascmy, where do you take train everyday??

sweetcorn, where do you stay? I've managed to register my boy for a PCF Sparkletots centre near my parents'. Now my boy is at another centre. The PCF has infantcare too, so i've finally solved my problem.

re: epidural
Mine was a csec with epidural. The epidural was nothing. Just abit sng sng feeling. By then, i was having contractions and i feel that contractions are more painful. I've been on drips a number of times too and i find that the needle used to insert the drip is more painful than the administration of epidural.

sweetcorn, ok ok, I will board the train at the 1st door from now onwards.
butterwaffles, I take train at Sembawang and Novena everyday. U r right abt the drip and epidural. I think for me, I did not feel much contraction pain when the nurse put drip on me, so its really super painful. When administer epidural, I was aldy suffering the most painful event in the world so the epidural is chicken feet to me. Not painful at all. And it creates wonders to me cos immediately relieved all pains.

Ladies, I went for my 24 weeks check up yesterday. Doctor say I'm taking too much of painkiller which is bad for baby. Have been undergoing too much family and work stress. Headache most of the time. Cannot sleep till about 1-2am. Do you all suffer from the same issue? How do you are destress yourself?

dragonbaby, I'm under lots of family and work stress too till I can't ctrl my emotions. I burst our easily. My hubby and PIL tot I have pre-natal depression. Hubby checked with my gynea and she say i'm not depression, jus adjustment issues and hormones changes. But it will lead to depression if I continue to feel down so suggest me to see a consultant that handles such case for pregnant ladies early next mth. I destress by finding my friends and talk it out. Lucky hubby changed a lot now cos he very scare I will go into depression. Everything I say he will say yes liao. Hehee....
I can't sleep well at nite too cos lot of bad and funny dreams plus #1 keep waking up to cry.
I'n better now cos of the changes my hubby willing to make for me. If not I think I will really go into depression.

jascmy, i now stay at Sengkang and i take the train back to Punggol so that i can have a seat else confirm no seat. My house is actually next to Pioneer mrt station. Last time i also take the jurong train back to Joo Koon, haha, in order to secure a seat. Else very tiring. Being on drips really painful. To me ah, epidural is happidural :p

dragonbaby, i try to relax when i'm at work especially during lunch. Its the only me time i have. I have since gone for 1 prenatal massage. It's painful but it eases my back and butt ache. I'm likely to book another session soon. Now cannot land on my right foot. So tempted to take MC today. But then, i have very understanding boss, she doesn't push me at all and let me do my own things at my own pace. Am lucky....

re: spousal support
If not for my husband who tries to help out with our #1 as much as he can, i would have collapsed too. I saw in papers dat Sweden is giving out additional benefits to daddies again. Really envy the family friendly polices they have there.

Morning mummies!

Meifen> Me also #1 baby, and hoping to give birth naturally. Best would be no medication at all. If cannot take it, will opt for the laughing gas. Definitely no epidural if I can help it. Unfortunately none of my friends who have given birth thinks it's do-able leh. Sighz.. no support. And epi is like so common now. Have you started doing any research like lamaze breathing etc? I wonder if pre-natal classes teaches breathing techniques.

Maxiblur> I don't have any contact but I've seen friends who stay with in-laws and siblings.. so the flat is quite cramped so no bb room. so the CL and bb and parents all sleep one room. CL sleeps on the floor on a mattress. I think they should be ok with that ba.

Catherine> Maybe your birdsnest too much sugar? Lol. =) It's too early to worry about baby's weight now I think. As long as you are conscious of your carbs and sugar intake, don't worry too much for now!

jascmy> having contractions is more painful than giving birth? i imagine the bb coming out part will be the most painful…

butterwaffles> hahahaha.. happidural is a good one.

Back