(2012/02) Feb 2012

Hi mummies,
check with you if anyone has a yellow discharge?

Have been having this since early part of the pregency.
Told gynae during week 10 and he said will do test at week 20.

Remind him again at week 20 and he said will test in the 3rd trimester.

Anyone has this? Anything to worry about?
How did your gynae treated it?
Not sure if there is a risk in keep delaying the check.

kimi, you feel itchy down there and is it green discharge? If you don feel itchy and its yellow, it shld be ok and normal. Your gynea is saying he will do swap test for u at 3rd trimester to determine whether there is any harmful germs there. Cos it will affect natural birth. So now your case is normal.

If its itchy and green discharge, it will be fungus infection. Your gynea will do sway test for you now to determine. Actually fungus is ok, jus uncomfortable (itchy and lots of discharge). It won't affect natural birth.

I know cos I hav this fungus infection ever since preggy with #1 till now #2. Hate it!! Very itchy and it keeps coming back once a mth.

Godsent> Thanks for the link on 3D scan! I think if it's only about $60 I will get one! *excited*

Jen> Okok I will update when I'm back! =) Hope it stops raining though. Heard its raining in bkk everyday... hard to shop on the streets when it's wet!

Kimi> I have similar thots as jascmy. If not itchy or green or have weird smell, having some normal discharge is natural. I've been having white and light yellow too. And I heard it's not advisable to wear panty liner as it makes it worse. If you are really concerned or uncomfortable, u can insist your gynae do a check. He can't really say no to that right?

Hi Planet, I have been feeling baby's movements , starting with the flutterings movements since 10wks, prob bcos this is 2nd pregnancy. These weeks the movements are getting stronger & stronger, think this time round the baby has got stronger kicks than my first
happy.gif
Am sure you will cheong many loots back from BKK for your bb! remember to bring extra bag to squeeze in your stuffs. BKK is also a shopping heaven for bb stuffs :p

Hi Jen, yes i hope can video some of the scan as I know that some mummies from my first baby's thread managed to do that. Hopfully the sonographer allows me to do that. **pray real hard**

Hi Birdbrain, wah! Puking till 26wks!! OMG!! I really have to saluate to you. Puking is so xin ku lor! My first was till 18wks, now this one is coming to 21wks, I really hope that it will wind off soon. Cos everytime i puke, i sure to curse my hubby! hahaa.. he poor thing! The puking is really the most horrible part of being pregnant! But comes to think of it, our baby is telling us that they are very fine which is also a good sign. very contradicting hor. Hate the puking but when puked it sort of tells me tht bb is very strong n fine.

Planet- yes, saw the news, its been raining. Take care on the road, wear a good rubber base shoe to prevent slipping. Its raining at lunch hr everyday here in SG! Feel so bored wif canteen food, now turning to mac delivery. Enjoying my double cheese now, Hahaha.

Teoong, that will be wonderful if can do video taking! My Hb tried to use his camera to take pics but the sonographer stopped him, say can't, she will give us the report with snap shots after the scan.

Birdbrain and Teoong, hope the puking will stop soon for both of you.

Jascmy, do you have to take anitibiotics or apply anything when you had the fungus infection?
kimi-I have whitish, sometimes yellowish discharges too,like those I use to have before my menses pre-pregnancy. not much so didn't bother.
happy.gif

Hi mummies! long time no post, been reading on and off...

Had my detailed scan a few weeks ago, its a girl! Was teasing m hubby that he got tao hua luck, 3 girls/woman in his life. haha~ hope this bb is not so sticky to daddy as my elder girl...

re: baby kicks
i can feel and see my bb kick. really miss this feeling after #1 is out. DO monitor the frequency of your BB's movement. For my #1, my bb is not as active the day before my scheduled gynae appt. I informed my gyane and she check the anmiotic fluid level and realise tt it has fallen below normal. Gonna admit hospital tt day.

re: discharge
i also having discharge, but usually is whitish-yellow. thk it's normal during pregnancy ba.

Hi mummies to be,

I have bought extra brand-new Elancyl stretch mark prevention cream (150ml) at $47. Will be delivering soon so will like to sell it at $30. Expiry is 01/2015. Pls PM me if you are keen.

Thanks!

Jen, hav to insert a pill to the virginal to kill all the fungus. But for me, it keep coming back. So for my conclusion, fungus infections and Urinary track infections will be a common thing to gals once we got it once. Haiz.

Ya, its normal to hav more whitish and yellow discharge during pregnancy.

Jascmy> Did you try drinking cranberry juice? Heard it helps.

Jen> I was thinking of ordering mac too this afternoon! but they dont delivery in the rain right?

Jascmy, is your diet high in carbo? Eg u take alot of bread. If so, pls cut down on carbo intake coz carbo is converted to sugar n that promotes yeast infection.

Teoong, look on the bright side. Thoughpuking, but nothing compared to butterwaffles. Her's the type that requires hospitalization & medication to control the puking. At least ours is not that serious

Dear mummies & mummies to be, sorry to interrupt your thread.

My mum makes red rice wine at home for confinement cooking. I have tasted her recent batch and it is indeed fragrant and sweet. Pls pm or email me at [email protected] if you are keen. She will need 1.5 month to ready the wine. Thanks.

Planet, cranberry juice is for UTI.
Hazal, I nvr eat lots of bread. I only eat lots of rice. Hehee... if not I don feel full leh. I know its very fat fat too. Ok, will try to cut down. Thanks.
happy.gif

Hi Planet, Yah, Mac don't deliver if it rain heavily, that why I wait till 2.30pm for lunch. Today's weather is quite sunny for a walk.
happy.gif

Jascmy, its ok for now to eat more!
happy.gif
we won't et much chance after delivery.

hi mummies, i am selling my pre-loved baby cot with 3 adjustable levels & can be converted to toddler bed.

It's in natural colour and in very good condition: 8/10

please PM/email me for more details if keen.
Collection at Yishun

6151072.jpg

Hi mummies,
Long time din visit here...hope everyone are good
happy.gif

Thank linnybaby for yr sharing about Nannies agency.

Welcome Dragonbaby!!

Next Friday will have a Baby Fair at EXPO! can start to shop bb stuff liao
happy.gif

hi alicia80,

may I ask you what you think of babylins and violet feedback? does it look suspicious?

Saw these 2 threads too.
a mother got cheated by Ikare
I too engaged Ikare for my 1st baby but CL not good, not hygenic with my baby.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5453919/6138529.html?1318246461

another thread, look as if Ikare hitting mothers who shared bad feedback on the agency.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4315089.html?1317819670

not sure whether Ikare being posting and promoting around?
My 2nd baby is coming and my freelance nanny fly kite on me. haiz..
do you have other confinement agency to recommend? maybe Singaporean CL?

lavlyn, a little bit brown should be okay, sometime our hormones changing might have this brown spotting...if red blood spotting then must go see your doctor.

dova, i don't engaged CL from agency but my friends do. Most of my CL recommended by close friends which i can trusted. but my prev. CL don't do during CNY.... therefore that period very hard to get CL. I have few of friends their mum or relative are full time CL, most is Malaysian. and they only stay 28day for you. Actualy I perfer M'sian stay overnight, so day & night they work for you everthing. but for S'porean most of them work day time only.

When is your EDD? if you really want CL, i only can recommen M'sian one.

Welcome dragonbaby!Do you know your baby's gender yet?

AL: thanks for the updates! Excited about the baby fair at expo, do share if you heard any good buys?

teoong & birdbrain, i sincerely pray for you two, that the puking will stop soon. I'm off zofran for 2 weeks already
happy.gif
Sometimes in the mornings, i will puke at the mrt toilet before i walk to my office. I will also puke in my husband's car. I consider it motion sickness and not morning sickness ^^ I'm also happy to say, i think i'm now 23 weeks. And i've regained all lost weight 2 weeks ago when i weighed myself at my gynae's. I am also no longer having bad constipation due to zofran. I know this puking is very difficult. If not for the fact that my gynae refuses to refill my prescription, i might not have the courage to go without it as the puking is too horrible...but i'm glad he is firm. Hope you mummies will feel ALOT better soon. I only puked until week 16 for my boy. This time my girl, aiyoh...20 weeks. So glad i hanged on and never choose to terminate. You mummies are very wei da, very brave...you all will get there, jiayou!!!! Due to my puking, i no courage to swallow pills too. On the advice of my gynae, i'm taking kids' gummy bears vitamins as supplements ^^ Better than nothing...

planet, for my boy, he kicked alot. This time meimei, she moves alot but never kick. A few times, i actually can feel her moving from my right to my left. I'm not sure if its her fist or what, i literally felt & saw this bump moving across my tummy when i was lying against the pillow on my bed. I think that's her fist!

re: confinement agencies
I think GPLS' license has been suspended for quite long already right? I read about it a couple of months back. It is tough to get a good CL. I hope mummies who are getting CLs will get responsible ones. Else it's paying them to make your life even more tiring & miserable. I've decided not to engage one, partly due to my parents' objection so am crossing fingers that i can cope.

Hi Butterwaffles, glad to hear that your puking is much better! Gambatek! Puking really makes me miserable at the 1st tri, even when I went travelling in US, I am not in the mood at all. But like you and birdbrain says, our puking are tapering off.. so endure endure! plus, we are half way thru the pregnancy! Woohoo!!

Welcome dragonbaby!

Jascmy, same as you. Am eating lots of carbo this time round.. Chiamz. cos my gynae is very particular always says dun eat too much carbo, eat more protein. The carbo will be converted to sugar, tht's one reason why my gynae wants us to change to eat wholemeal/multi-grain bread. I nearly kena GI for my number 1, so now I'm still scare. But cannot control, everytime i eat too much vegies will go merlion. This little nbr 2 beanies loves meat! Chiamz.. am praying that after 2nd tri, can try to eat more protein instead of carbo.

Hi Jen,

Oh yes, It's a boy! I was hoping very much for a dragon but I'm afraid that he might come out earlier than EDD. My EDD 5 Feb. For my first child, my EDD was 5 Jan yet he come out on 30 Nov. I heard from friends that if first one pre-mature or early the next one will be the same. Is it true? Anyone can share?

OMG,OMG,OMG!!!!I was working and just now can suddenly feel baby kick x4 times and my right side tummy really went up 4 times!! So amazing! Its no longer vibration! Its really kicks! Think my girl wants to catch my attention!
happy.gif

Hi dragonbaby, its hard to say leh. I heard from my friends that 1st one may be early but 2nd one onwards usually on time or even late by 1 day or 2. But think on the bright side, your boy could be the lucky 1st dragon this year!

Butterwaffles, since this wk I started to get tumbling feeling.. In addition to the fluttering.. It usuallt happens a 2-3x at a few seconds interval. Any idea Whats that? Bb's hiccups or bb bouncing away?

Jen, really ah. I also heard abt that but I hav a feeling my bb will come earlier than EDD. My #1 is one day earlier, actually don wan come out, my gynea do cervix check and trigger him.
Hope bb come out few days earlier cos I don wan leap year bb leh.

Jen, I hope so. Praying very hard lor. ACtually at first we are hoping for a girl but we got a boy instead but nevermind it's god gift. Just hope that he can come out in time after CNY.

Jascmy, leap yr bb then precious ma... I leave it to my fs lady (1st priority), my gynae and my little princess to decide when princess should come out.

lavlyn78
I also had spotting two nights ago. Mine was reddish brown. Went to see gynae next day and she scanned me. My placenta is low-lying which she attributes to the spotting. Gave me 7 days of HL and told me not to carry heavy things and walk less.
I'm at 23 weeks, having my #2. That was the first time i ever had spotting. Did not even had any for my #1.
If you are concern, see your gynae. My gynae seemed more worried than me.

Cranky, of course ur gynae is worried. If placenta is low until covering the cervix n dun move up, bleeding will get worse as u progress into the pregnancy. Coz as u get bigger, the weight of the bb will press on it. Bleeding will increase n hence contraction. U hv to really lie on bed at all times. Coz the chance if pre mature birth is high. So, pls rest in bed, n minimise walking n dun carry heavy things.

Cranky, thanks for the info. Just went to see the gynae and she also gave me 7 days HL. She diagnose the same as you due to low lying placenta. Have a good rest.

We mummies need to rest more.

Hi,
22-weeker reporting here.

lavlyn78/ cranky, there is still a good chance that your low-lying might move up in the next 10 weeks.
Meanwhile, take the HL/ doctor's orders for bedrest to heart and avoid over-exerting.

I had placenta previa for my #1, bled at 30 weeks, bedrested completely for 1+ week (the type where you can't even visit the loo) and gave birth to a preemie at 32+ weeks due to massive bleeding. Wasn't an ideal birthing scenario, but if it is a true previa by 3rd tri, v difficult to stop bleeding once it starts.
Rest well, and hope that the situation clears up for you both
happy.gif

Babyjng
When u had ur bleeding at 30 weeks, did u have any spotting before that? Or was it a first time then?
My gynae did say I had low placenta for my #1 but I never had any bleeding. I delivered him naturally at 40 weeks + 3 days. Maybe now with my #1 who is 2 years old, so active and staying at my own home, I did more housework now, is causing spotting to happen. Now I am banned from doing the laundry...

Hi ladies just wanted to pop by and share my joy.. I went for my doc's appt today and found that I was nearing 21 weeks into my pregnancy, EDD on the 20.02.2012 and it's a GIRL! Lol.. That's after having 2 boys, one 9yrs n one 11mths old... Hubby's really happy n proud as he can have a daughter finally to call daddy's girl and to stick to him more then the boys do.. Hehe... For me, I can finally look at girly dresses n accessories wo just envying and yearning.. Goodness, such loads of choices and things out there for our princesses.. Hubby gonna faint with my endless shopping and dolling up.. Meanwhile, anyone care to share any sprees or sites where I can get good quality girl stuffs? For a start it's rompers and infant stuffs to stock up.. Thanks to anyone with contributions!

Jen, don knw what my new gynea will do when nearer to EDD. Cos most gynea will do cervix check every visit. My previous gynea only did cervix check when I'm 4days before EDD. Actually she don wan to check but she see my high blood pressure and sugar level going up so decided to check. She say cervix check will trigger delivery so she try not to do it unless I feel I'm going to deliver.

Don know what is my new gynea's practice, maybe she will check every visit.

Catherine, I will also let my bb and gynea to decide when he wan to come out. If really leap yr bb then will treat it as very precious and special.
happy.gif

Welcome babyjng! I'm 22 weeks as well.
happy.gif

Ladies, can I check-is there a difference between HL and MC given by gynae? If I am only visiting gynae at the clinic and not at the hospital, still consider HL?

Hi Mummies,

Am in my 22 week and feeling the backaches already. still figuring out the best position to sleep cos left, right, front doesn't relive anything. i now have 3 pillows flanking me, one for my head, and one on each side of me. the backache is like a 'suan suan' feeling at the back which doesn't go away... and i also notice there is this sharp pain at my lower back, near the spine when i press my fingers against it. oh..and i just had the first leg cramp in the morning today!

Hi thanks lots for the recommendation Serene, will check it out... But though the US sites have loads of choices n have better quality stuffs, I've always found n thought that the shipping was a major turnoff.. They mostly only seem to ship within the US.. Den how do we get the stuffs send to us in Spore? Roughly how much does shipping cost this way? Sorry I'm a local online shopper really nuts bout oversea sites... :p

Lya

Cranky,
I didn't spot/ bleed prior to the 30th week episode.
Both gynae and I knew about previa since the 20-week detailed scan, but he didn't seem overly concerned about it - we were merely starting to discuss the possibility of needing to C-sec.

When I did start to bleed fresh blood, mega panicked.
Bleeding at 32nd week was scary - like menses, soaking up 1 pad under 2 hours.

Avoid doing any squatting/ bending or carrying your #1 for now...(I know it's easier said than done!)
My gynae has specifically warned me against carrying my #1 for this pregnancy. So my boy gets lots of sitting-down hugs from me.

Jen,
I think hospital leave is given when your illness is more serious than what an MC requires (not really anything to do with a hospital issuing the cert)...

I've gotten HL from my gynae at the clinic before.
Similarly, the hospital sometimes issues MC only, for less serious cases.
All depends on your doctor's assessment of the rest required.

Back