(2012/02) Feb 2012

Hi Teoong, u mean count the rice thingy??? my mon made me do it, i had odd number, so suppose to have boy...but i mix symptoms leh, sometimes like girl, sometimes like boy...

Good luck for the OSCARS scan, its quite fun coz bb is more active now than when u saw at wk 8 scan... :D

My MIL says its better to be heaty than too liang wor...

Jocelyn > Thanks. but i already did the rebonding, too late to regret now. but hopefully everything is ok.

Yan > I drink red date longan every few days too. Fresh boiled as well as instant. The chinese medical hall I go to recommended me to make red date longan and also ginger red date. I alternate between the two because as babymaking mentioned, longan is heaty so better not to take too much.

Teoong > what method what method? I'm starting to get excited about bb gender. hubby insists he saw something between bb's legs during oscar.. which is probably too soon! and some days i feel very strongly im having a girl. sometimes i feel its a boy. haha. not very useful.

Everyone > 2nd trimester! It's time to eat bird's nest! =)

KWXY and some mummies were talking about cramps and stomach pains? I just came across something online.

-------------------------------------------------------
There are different causes for mild achiness or pain in the abdomen during the different stages of pregnancy.

- Stretching of ligaments

In the second trimester, the muscles and ligaments (tough bands of tissue) that support your uterus stretch.
This can cause a dull ache across the belly or a sharp pain on one side. Many women feel this pain most severely when getting up from a bed, chair or bathtub or when coughing.

- What you can do
When you feel abdominal achiness, sit down, put your feet up and relax. Resting comfortably should quickly relieve your symptoms. Other tips include:

Avoid quick changes in position, especially turning sharply at the waist.
When you do feel a pain, bend toward the pain to relieve it.
Walking, doing light housework or changing position may help relieve gas pains.
Put a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel or a heating pad on the lowest setting on your belly.
Take a warm bath or shower.
Make sure you are getting enough fluids.

- When to talk to your health care provider
When you experience Severe pain.
While some pain or achiness is normal, severe abdominal pain or cramps could be a sign of a serious problem. Many conditions can cause this type of pain, whether you're pregnant or not. Severe pain may be a sign of stomach virus, food poisoning, appendicitis, urinary tract infection, kidney infection, kidney stones, gallbladder disease or complications of pregnancy (such as preeclampsia).

Contact your provider if you have severe and continuous pain, or if you also have:

Cramps
Bleeding or discharge from your vagina
Fever
Chills
Lightheadedness or faintness

serene>ohh, heard of him before. Dr woodworth quite popular, ya?

planet>glad your test results were good
happy.gif

godsent>baby prom coming again so fast? We really enjoyed the last bb prom
happy.gif

claramini>hugs. take care. must do mini confinement, k?

yanyan>a bit of tea is ok lah

effie>think if you want "mozart effect", go to the normal SSO concert might b better. babies prom really catered for children

babymaking>oh no. Hope your genetic scan result will b ok. go see dr ananda at 14 weeks like hazel suggest?

Joycelyn>think best to avoid chemical processes for your hair like dye/rebond if u can help it

babymaking: dr ananda is e expert in ultrasound scan..pls try to relax & everything will be fine.. dun worry too much..

hi mummies, have somehow decided not to send her off on mon.. let her go off herself.. religiously, it'll be better for her.. so officially, i'm still here!
happy.gif

i forgot, who is selling e doppler, pls let me know.. i'd like to get 1 asap! tks!

we only need the doppler for the initial months of the pregnancy right?

sometimes i feel so not pregnant. i have not gained any weight, my sister says i looked slimmer, except with a bigger tummy. So nt sure if baby is taking from my reserve!
happy.gif

claramimi: pls take care... I'm sure bb can feel ur love for her...

Rocco: doppler can use thruout lah, not just 1st tri. It's to listen to bb's hb so mummies can feel assured everthing is going well in between gynae visits.

Dun worry abt weight gain now lah. Im actually still lighter than my pre first pregnancy weight even. As long as bb is growing fine shouldn't have problem. But should eat nutritious stuff Liao since bb is starting to absorb nutrition from ur placenta already.

Clara> Its me, u can pm me, i have one batch reaching soon and i have doppler for rent

Jocelyn> sorry ar no offense, it dont look authentic to me, no cert no nothing.. cause china alot of counterfakes..

Hi mummies, hardly read this thread cos it's moving very fast! We do have a facebook page and I chat there more often. the moderator chergie also did not access this thread now. If u want to join, here's her previous post:
Hi All, I created a secret group in FB. Its call Mummies To Be. Only members are allow to view and I must approve any members. But I think first u need to be my friend on FB. U can add me either under my name cheryl alessandra Chew or my email [email protected]. Kindly specify that u want to join mummies to be so I will add u in the secret group. I think also need u to re-intro urself as we use nicks here. Cheers. See u guys soon.

Morning mummies,

Claramini: I don't know is it the hormones or wat...when I read ur posting abt letting ur bb go on her own, I really feel for u and ur bb, sooo sad and emo I teared for u n bb. U really r strong..if it's me, I think I most likely wld haf collapse

My gyne tested that I was positive for toxo during my OSCARS n while waiting for further confirmation and testing, I everyday oso cry and low morale...

I really wish the best for u and the little one!

Jocelyn: just a small amt in ur hand then count the rice on the table...If it's odd no, it's boy, even, it's girl.

Of coz don't grab too much, coz will count till u see rice... XD jus kidding...oso don't noe zhun or not...

Btw, mummies, do u all haf any difficulties in burping?? I don't really burp before I was preggie, and when need to, oso normal...but after preggie, I feel sooo much gas in me, and my body wants to burp a lot, but every time, the burp come up halfway, almost out, it wld stop!! So I end up very stuffed inside and feel terrible...always make me feel nauseated coz the gas stuck half way... Xianz...

Lynn, how come got toxo? U hv a lot if pets? My mum has a cat. I love it n like to play w it. I also asked doc to test for toxo

Planet, u mean first tri cannot eat birds nest?

Happy weekend to all!

lynn>oh dear. hugs. stay strong for bb. I'm sure it'll be ok?

planet>was adviced not to take too much birds nest cos its considered cooling and some mommies claim take too much can cause asthma in bb. But maybe depends on mommy's body too bah

lynn q: i'm so sorry tat my posting cause u to be so sad.. dun worry, ur bb s/b fine one.. i read tat gynae can precribe u some antibotics to prevent infection to ur bb.. jus stay clear of raw meat & cats.. cheer up, bb will feel one.. be strong for bb..

Lynn q, dun cry dun cry... **hugz** hope all will get better and yr baby be well soon. Dun stress yrself too much k?

There is another way to tell gender of baby - using hair and wedding ring. Me tried it out during our primary school days with my married sis long ago. We even tried it on our parents and turned out very accurate! But its 7th mth now...better not... Cos i rem its kinda eerie

Lynn: Me too!! I keep needing to burp now, if the burp cannot come out, I feel nauseous. But burped too much also feel nauseous. Super sianz of this feeling. Gynae gave me some pills to bite n swallow. Tried once but didn't really work.

babyfaery/lynn> during 1st tri I also always burp...i think alot gas in side. but reach 2nd tri no more ready
happy.gif

All> just ask anyone take HuiJiPuYaoJing(汇集埔腰精)during pregnancy? Can drink during pregnancy right...

I also have that feeling now in 2nd tri...feeling bloated, want to burp out but sometimes work sometimes vomitted saliva...eeeks! Feel miserable after that :-/

Hi mummies,

Thanks for all ur encouragement and concern! I'm sorry u all thot Im not ok...that was few wks bk, before the final testing results was out. The test they need to find out is whether my toxo is i got it b4 preggie or during preggie. So during that few days b4 test results was really hell for me...

Im ok as the reults was that i got the toxo b4 i was preggie...so bb shld be ok, as my antibody can curb the parasite..such a relieve!! No need to take antibodtics... I think i had some uncook meat before...

Chewie > no i dont have much contacts with cats, i think is the uncook meat that i might haf eaten last time...

Nevertheless..i feel soo blessed by all u mommies's concern..

Claramini > dont be sorry, im juz emo and hormones bah, when i think of wat might happen to my bb if its the worst case scenario..and i sincerly feel for u...when the abv happen i went to the temple at si ma lu, goddess of mercy to pray and ask her to help, ive heard that she's v zhun...so mabbie she helped my bb too..

Babymaking: i agree go to DR ananda first..hope everything goes well for u, god b with u!

Chewie: i was told that birdnest caanot drink too, till 7 months...and oso then cannot drink too much, like once or twice a wk oni. Even DRs advise not to drink too early..something to do with will cause allergies to bb or not good for their lungs..

lynn q, good to know you are fine... oic, i din know it's like an antibody effect once u get it before.

ah... i din know about the birds nest. hmmm... so must wait till 3rd tri? i've been drinking since 1st lor

chewie>maybe best to go TCM and consult them bah. cos I think oso depends on the constitution of your body? I think everything in moderation is ok.

Al>never took that before and not sure whether suitable for pregnant women.

lynn>glad you n bb are fine
happy.gif

lsntyl, ok i will do that next week..

I'm starting to feel achy arms. Happened last week at work to my left lower arm. Today it's on my right upper arm. Very uncomfortable. And I didn't do anything to strain it..

Hi, Mummies... anyone knows why the EDD keeps changing during our U/S? Btw, can we start pre natal massage? i feel super drain n legs super tired when i wake up in e morning....

Lynn (Quek)>> It's good that u have toxo before pregnancy.. That means now u r immuned! I tested for toxo too during OSCAR but negative. Which means I have to be extra careful around my cat.
sad.gif

Re: Birdsnest. I'm confused. I thot some time back some mummies advised not to take BN in first tri, only start in 2nd trimester?

^^ Brand New Disney Car Seat for Sale ^^

Hi,

I have a brand new Disney Car seat to let go at 140.
Tag is still attached.

Do PM me if u are interested
5883667.jpg

Planet: i think diff school of thot bah, if u r ok with taking from 2nd tri, then go ahead...i think i will wait till 7 mth bah..since i hadnt start yet...

Morning mummies!!

I had a great time gg shopping with hubby at taka bb fair! Bought so many things for bb!!
happy.gif

Today gg to baby's hypermart to chk out on strollers...must do some homework...and I fell in love with quinny stroller!!

Kwxy: so fast bought so many things?? I just bought the avent sterilizer set at Taka fair ytd. Don Noe wat else to buy first.. Tdy Taka fair last day le.

I bought pigeon wipes, the pigeon set $199, maxi cosi car seat, some newborn clothings that I can't resist! Haha...pigeon detergent for washing clothing and also detergent for washing the bottles.

Buy a bit at a time, so not so tiring
happy.gif

Kwxy: I oso fall for quinny stroller the first time I saw it. But regret buying cos it's bulky and heavy. Now my #1 knows how to walk already, it had been mths that I didn't use it liao. Jus my opinion for u
happy.gif

I will get the mcclaren techno xt which is suitable from birth till toddler. In fact, I was still using it when my 2nd one was abt 4 or 5 yrs old. It lasted me 7 yrs & still good & I gave it to my SIL last yr. Really durable & easy to handle.

I bought quinny senzz! Not heavy and can close with one hand...hehe. Quite light too. The latest design will be the quinny buzz...that one more bulky, I dont like
happy.gif

I also saw combi, very light too! Not bad, but still looks bulky after closing. Not as compact as senzz. But it's very individual, you must feel comfortable with the stroller as you are the one handling.

If you do not mind the weight, prego is also not a bad choice!

planet>really not sure about the birds nest. Just sharing what other moms told me - basically not to take too much birds nest cos might end up causing asthma in bb cos to liang. if in doubt, I always think its better to check with the tcm cos our bodies are all different.
happy.gif

Morning all, yesterday went to see TCM cos I have been coughing and running nose for 2 weeks. The chinese physician is more curious of the gender of my Bb then me. So funny, she read my pulse at the beginning and at the end to confirm the gender. She say might be a gal but personality like boy cos my pulse is very strong. Hehee.....

Should not eat too much bird nest wor, too cooling. Not good for Bb's lungs. Once a week is good.

I asked the chinese physician on what "pu" can i take. She asked me to eat more fish and eggs. Forget to ask whether can eat eggs everyday cos my Bb love eggs. After I had eggs in the morning, no more hungry sickness for the whole morning. Amazing!

Anyone knows whether we can take eggs everyday? Will I get high cholesterol if I take everyday?

Good morning
kao_cheers.gif

Hope today not a blue Monday....
I have suffer lower back pain everyday, my #1 start pain on 3rd Tri. But now only 3months already pain
sad.gif
that's why thinking want to take huiji pu yao jing.

Birds nest> take once a week should be fine.

Back