(2012/02) Feb 2012

Hi planet

I am also seeing dr Jocelyn Wong
happy.gif
don't mind updating it for me? Ftwm ... So tiring now. Need to work n have no energy for #1 ...

Hi vone, welcome! Just curious, I heard from my friends that breastfeeding was a natural contraceptive control, how come could get pregnant?

Vone> wa admire u i wanna bf so long. But child self wean at 14mth+ i hope my son wont wanna wean also..

Jen> its effective only for the first 6 mths by exclusive feeding and feed on demand. but its not 100% protection something like 99% protection

Hi Jen, i think it depends on individual but its not 100% i heard of many getting pregnant when bfing as well. My mens resume when my kids became 8months old.

Good morning everyone... it's FRIDAY... weekend is coming soon.

LSnTYL: Yes, I teach...
happy.gif

KWXY: so fast backache? better take care...

Jen: Pls note that you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. Lots of 'accidents' happen esp during first two months after delivery.. Guess, hubbies too deprived... ha.....

Good mrng mommies!
Yay! 2 more days & im 12weeks liaoz = end of 1st tri!!
Woo hoo!
Tmrw go and see our lil precious one! :-D

suet>can understand. I need to buy a new pump too cos I blur blur sold off my 1st pump as thought won't get preggers so soon. :p

A good LC really helps ya? Glad your breastfeeding journey has been so successful so far.
happy.gif

Babyfaery/Jen>some of us are not 1st time mommies so did research already mah. But for me, I'm still learning new stuff.
happy.gif

sweetcorn>I feel hot most of the time too.

vone>I peifu you. stopped breastfeeding when my boy turned 1.

Jen>breastfeeding is not a contraceptive. still can get preggers de

2day v tired. couldn't sleep last nite.
sad.gif

good morning mummies and daddies

got back too late to post anything - been so tired after a short trip down to town. on the positive side, had great family bonding time as hubby's meeting was canceled and a walk in town on a weekday afternoon is such a luxury (without the crowds)

linda
re: BM
i am not refering to malnourished mothers with not enough food but eating the wrong kind of food is detrimental to milk quality.

please see this article - found it in my archives
http://www.alive.com/1751a5a2.php?text_page=1

link between fast food and quality of BM, not all breast milk is created equal: studies show that a mother’s diet determines the amount and kinds of fat in her milk.

there are other articles that say if mother does not consume enough dha, bb will be affected as well.
http://www.007b.com/breastfeeding_intelligence_diet.php
so yeah, mother's diet plays a very important role in bf.

oh another thing that i found out recently is that even if you bf, but later allow kid to eat fast food, it cancels the benefits of bf - so bf is just a start, lifelong good eating habits is still required.

btw, this mth's issue of young parents have interesting articles on breastfeeding and not breastfeeding.

mummies with older kids
good deal from young parents mag - get a training bike worth 298 with 2 yrs subscription
http://www.youngparents.com.sg/subscription

it's quite a worthwhile deal, considering that the bike can use from 2.5 yrs to 5yrs old.

i still can't decide what tandem stroller to get - we saw the phil and ted and hubby says it's so bulky, by the time put into boot, no space for shopping bags - any other less bulky options?

Good morning all, TGIF!!
happy.gif

Jen,for some pple like myself, I got pregnant when I was breastfeeding because my menses came 3 mths after I delivered. For some of my friends, their menses totally stopped when they are bfg. That's for some, you can still get pregnant when bfg. I got preg with my 2nd one when the first was 7 mths old.

LSnTYL, thanks. Yes, to have a supportive environment is important. My mum breastfed me so she is supportive of bfg. But she discouraged me from doing it because she said I need to work lah, unlike her, a housewife. Until I told her that I can express & let her warm up the milk for the baby. She takes care of all my baby. I really thank God for a supportive mum.
happy.gif

Good morning!
Yes!! Its FRIDAY! Its FRIDAY!!

Went taka bb fair last night.. like a bit boring leh..
Maybe cos i go there with a mind of not buying anything.. just see see only..

Morning Mummies! It's Friday today and I am in my 12 weeks. One more week to go and i will be in 2nd trimester... looking forward!

I wonder when would be a good time to wear maternity clothes. Now neither here nor there... cos the tummy is not big enough yet i can't fit into most of my clothes... i have only selected clothes to wear to work... mostly dresses....

gd morning mummies....
yeah yeah so excited when its come to Friday! TGIF!!! i love it so much... coz i know its the time when i reach home n rest for 2 days doing nothing!

suet, yeah he was recommended by my TCM physician who was alwis being delivered by him...so highly recommended tats y i go laa...my next visit is on 6-Aug...i also usually go on sat morning but hor appt liao oso still have to wait for an hour...sien!

AL, my tummy oso now so big! ppl tot i 4 mths liao i was like....not even 3 mths ler...i duno how to tell them! haha...n it will grow even bigger evening time! n ask me is it TWIN....i wish too!

icecherry, jus wear some loose dress o cloths...will b fine...some ppl only wear maternity cloths after 5 mths...hmm...i nit to go shopping liaao..coz mine all tight t-shirt...haha!

IceCherry,

for me, i wear long maternity leggings.. very comfi.. and it keeps my legs warm (which is good during pregnancy).
and long tops.. bought quite a few maternity ones from ON.. cheap and good and they dont look 'too-maternity'..

Morning again mummies! Just woke up! So so so hungry and there's nothing at home to eat. Craving for Chee chung fun!! Haha
happy.gif

joyce>hee, I plan to buy some maternity dresses/tops from ON too.

Happymomtobe>so envious. I cannot rest on weekends cos need to look after #1

In a happy mood today! My friend is helping me to buy the medela pump from US and plenty of bb clothes! She told me there's sales this nov and she is helping me to buy and mail them to me end of the year. I only ask her to buy 6 months to 1 year old. For newborn, I have plenty hand down from friends
happy.gif

Good morning all!

Chart updated! Added Daddy Soul, Vone, Babyfaery, En Xuan. Some info are missing. Do PM me if you wanna add anything in case I miss your post in the thread.

Tiara> Yay finally got someone same gynae as me. =) Our edd quite close. Maybe can meet u in the labour ward. Lol.

46 FEBulous babies and counting! =)

sometime really wanted start wearing maternity...looks too big size.

thismorning want to vomit, but stomach empty...nothing to come out.

KWXY> wow..very good life..can sleep so long

wah so envy KWXY, can sleep til now...i am waiting for weekend then can do tis....btw, tis morning i too have craving to chee cheong fun! but too late cant buy liao...rush to work! now u talking bout it make me feel wanna eat it now...haha! die die how...

LSnTYL, aiyah nonit envy u hav #1 to play wif mah....

today seem all mummies reali happy n seem all our MS slowly getting better hor....

Hi Mummies, anyone with thyroid problem here? I have thyroid in 2006 and stopped medication after 1/2 a year and been no signs of it.. but during this pregnancy.. it seems to relapse again. =/ Will have to speak to my gynae regarding this issue when i see him next time. Any recommendation of with doc to go to for thyroid problems coz previously i was only seeing a GP.

LSnTYL
ON clothes are cheap..
You ship them yourself or thru spree? I ship them myself.. if you want, can tong-pang in my shipping..

AL
Not all maternity are big.. you can find those that are suitable for 1st trimester..
Once you start wearing them, you wont want to switch to your normal clothes.. cos they are sooo comfi..
and it makes me feel that bb is more comfi without restrain of growth
happy.gif

KWXY
You SAHM huh.. so lucky.. can sleep so long..
tmr my turn.. i am going to sleep till i shiok..

Planet
Thanks for updating.. appreciate your effort babe!

Yes...am SAHM...this is my first bb...
happy.gif

Went to buy Chee chung fun + chwee Kueh + Lou mai kai! After eating Chee chung fun...the nasty feeling attacking me already! Hate it!

Feel so depressed...made an effort to buy and after eating feel so bad
sad.gif

Al>maybe we can organise a spree so that can save a bit on shipping cost.

Btw, can i check if buy from US, use vpost or broderlinkx cheaper?

Tay
Sure you can..
I normal order when i have about USD220-240.
I have now $110.

If we order today or tomorrow, we will have additional 10% off.

Pearl
I always ship thru Vpost.

Joyjoy, sure! I will browse thru the website and see if i get anything.

Looking forward to tomorrow cos i going for hospital tour to take a look at the beds and ward...
happy.gif

serene
that's really fast, i just rec the aug mag via mail last night and notice the promotion.

kwxy
that's normal, wasted food rite? for me,when i crave for certain items, i go thru the effort to buy the ingredients and cook it, yet after cooking no appetite to eat, got one stage my fridge is all leftovers from beef stew to shepherd pie to kong ba to assam fish curry. just manage to clear not too long ago.

but never mind, as long manage to satisfy short while also feel good!

re: ON
their nursing wear is also good value for $$ but for those new to ON, got to read each product reviews, got although same size, the cutting may be different. - usually it's too big.

HappyMomToBe>tiring looking after #1 leh. Sometimes I wish I can just sleep

joyojoy>thanks for the offer. Will prob get the ON clothes myself
happy.gif

pearl>if shipping more stuff, I think vpost is cheaper

Wah u all so fast buy maternity? I also Dunno when my darling wife getting? Any other suggestions other than ON? What's the website? Maybe I can ask my darling go see if anything she like

babymaking
Yes, you are right..
I am a L.. some design i fit M better.. but some L also ok..

LSnTYL
Sure
happy.gif

All
I will be ordering from ON today at 4pm..
Anyone who wants to join, let me know your order by 3.30pm..
- exchange rate should be about 1.3..
- shipping about $50-60/batch..

IceCherry
I buy from TopShop too.. but their range not so wide.. a few pieces only..
but their design not so aunty..

Joyjoy: I dun knw wat size to order leh... I'm petite and weighs ard 40kg. Before pregnant wearing xs or x. Is their cutting big? Advise?

soul>there are quite a few maternity shops around. or can buy those loose dresses or empire waist dress. can use during and after pregnancy lor
happy.gif

so far, I've only bought bb clothes from ON. Haven't tried their matenity clothes actually.

BTW, some of my friends also buy looser clothes from those TW/Korean clothes blogshops/sprees to use as maternity clothing

Tay
Quite big..
maybe depening on design, can get some S and some XS?
those tight fitting - S
those loose fitting - XS

Thats how i decide on getting M or L.. and it seems to work
happy.gif

i just received my batch of maternity clothes 2 days ago..

Hey people..
I have now USD120 in my shopping bag now..
can fit in another USD100 (after 10% discount)..

If no order by 4pm, i will just go ahead and order my own..

Soul
You are welcome to tong-pang in my order too
happy.gif

Back