(2012/01) Jan 2012

Congrats Jac, most importantly rest & recover well first then think of bf ya, don't stress urself, u did well already =)

Hello mummies,

Congratz to all mummies that have delivered:D

am already in my 35th week and baby weighting 2.7kgs liao..a few more weeks to go..getting more and more scard and excited at same time....

Hi Charmaine,
Looks like our EDD is very close! I'm also in my 35th week going 36th and during my last checkup bb was also 2.7kg.

thanks mummies for all the well wishes!!
happy.gif

breastfeeding is really difficult!! so difficult to latch the baby on.. LC say I got short nipple on 1 side so got to use nipple shield.. sad.. somemore my boy is not a good feeder (lazy boy).. latch only cry or suckle for 2-3 times then fall asleep/cry (think coz no milk & can't tell if got colostrum leh).. so far he had 2 times of formula yest so still poo-ing well & well hydrated.. hopefully my milk comes soon.. will try to pump/ stimulate my breast after bfast today.. stress.. btw, for those mummies with Mt A, rental of pump & bottles cum sterilization is $20 for unlimited time, but will be $5 each time if u need them to sterilize yr own pump & bottles, so make more sense to rent ba..

lush, my gynae gave me the choice to induce on 28dec or juz wait till bb comes out on his own.. me & hb decided to induce so that got higher chance of normal v birth if bb's smaller size.. wanted to avoid c-sect BUT ended up with emer c-sect.. sigh.. but also heng we went check-in hospital early else bb might get into cord accident..

jkids, I'm using the binder now while in hospital.. think got help abit la.. tighten the tummy so the muscle stretch won't be as painful when moving abt.. but helpful anot depends on yr pain tolerance la.. mine is super low.. :p

Cyy n Grace - I'm also wk 35 EDD 30 Jan bb only 2.4kg.. Looks like a long wait... Know jkids n medory also end mth, right? All of u 1st time mom except jkids?

Jkids - do u feel breathless often? Felt breathless more often this time compared to #1
sad.gif

hkbaby:
is this bb bigger? this one i dun feel breathless leh, i think its becoz the weather has been cool during this last trim. but last pregnancy, i gave birth during hot weather, even eating in an aircon restaurant made me breathless! but i have more heartburn this round, esp at nite after my 1st visit to the toilet, after that, moz of the time findit hard to go back to sleep, like today
sad.gif

i also mth end, but i usually give birth earlier one, so i self adjust my edd, haha.

the thread is so quiet. all chatting at fb huh?

seems a no of mothers go thro emer c section...hmn... y huh...

i m not excited leh, maybe not d 1st time and more comittment to worry, but still nervous with the labor, this is wifout say, haha. once bb is out, i will start having headache liao. still worried my mil will fly aeroplane, then i duno how/where to get nanny within a short time... i noe there's no pt worrying, but i cannot help it...

anyone thought of how to settle your own meals after your confinement end? have i fastforward too much? haha, if you have good recommendation, do let me know huh. i see that some caterer need min 2 pp but i only need for myself leh...

jac:
juz do yr best ok but dun stress out yah. yes i oso want to know whether u buy the binder from hosp or? heard its more ex?

amy & jkids, I got the binder & nipple shield from hospital.. didnt expect to use so didnt prepare beforehand, also don't know what kind to buy.. for the binder, they gave me is "dale abdominal binder" in a blue box..

I am still here.. *wave* just tat now I read more than I post... Been a very hectic week.. boy now is 11 days old..hub n I are both shag out...
I got very bad engortgment a few days back..
pump..massage..even my postnatal massage lady tuse hot stone also can't help..in the end it is my boy that helps me clear it by latching...

Jac I also got short nipple.. so lc told me to use football hold or cross cradle method. She also suggest using nipple pullerc dbefore latching... But I no time to get nipple puller so just use cross cradle method with my breast friend...

jkids: me too..not say very excited..more like nervous..cos been thru' once already..getting more kan cheong..

never tot of how to settle my meal after confinement..guess i am lucky..probably MIL will tao bao for me since we staying nearby

Grace & HK Baby,

It's good to hear that we are of the same week
happy.gif

Also, if at times really breathless, you can try to go down on all four instant relieve for breathlesness. I tried and it works
happy.gif

I went for check-up yesterday at 38 weeks. Cervix is still closed, am carrying a big size bb at 3.3kg. Cos hubby wants a 2012 bb while I want bb to attend school with rabbit bbs, we scheduled with doctor to be admitted to hospital at 10pm on 31/Dec night for induce + natural labor.

Dr warned that for 20% of patients, the pill doesn't work to open the cervix. For others, the pill wud take 2~8hrs to open the cervix. Anytime the cervix has opened up to 3cm, he can break the waterbag for me. If the 1st pill doesn't work, to insert 2nd pill after 8hrs, then another 8 hrs wait, up until 3rd pill, provided bb is not in distress. At any stage when bb is in distress, will hv to proceed with c-section.

I'll have to ask Dr about the option for drips to induce labour, cos I didn't know & didn't ask him about it yesterday.

Pray that the pill wud work to open my cervix, and hope that I dun need emergency c-section... crossing fingers and toes
happy.gif

My parents live nearby, so my mum will be helping me during the confinement period. After the confinement period, I intend to order tingkat delivery for lunch. Cos minimum is 2 person's sharing, I'll eat it for lunch + heat up for dinner...but not sure how long I can tahan for 2 meals of the same taste...guess I have no choice cos' I'm a lousy cook, and there's only 1 coffee shop near my place...

Jkids,
for #1, i either cook simple lunch, get take away, make myself sandwich, bring babygo out for lunch etc while i was on maternity leave. Dining out, just leave baby stroller while i eat

birdbrain:
what simple lunch do u cook? can share recipe...

kamile:
sama sama...lousy cook myself. so u coudl be the next to pop! maybe can be ny bb also
happy.gif

Hi, my wife's EDD on 17/01/2012. she's 37 weeks now. baby's still breech. it is our first baby and she desperately wants a dragon baby. we will be seeing the gynae next tuesday. gynae says she want us to choose a date for elective c-section when we see her, she say it will almost be impossible for a dragon baby because it is the first baby + she have Gestational diabetes and want her to go for c-section 3-4 days before the EDD. any experienced mothers can provide some advise?

Jkids,
typically noodles, pasta, mee sua. Only need to use 1 pot to cook everything, eat from pot don't even need to wash plates & bow.
Buy chicken/pork, slice up and marinate, store in small plastc bag for enough for 1 meal. Cook noodles, throw in meat & some vege. Drain dry, addmushroom sauce or oyster sauce & serve.
My fav is rice wine mee sua. Shred ginger, add rice wine & waerto form soup base, boil & simmer for abt 5-10min to boi off alcohol, add mee sua & meat.
Remember to buy fruits so at least get a good portion ofvitc and fiber for desert & snack timr

Johnston, a lot of people discussing online that proper dragon baby is after li chun,which is on 4th feb. I think it's still best to listen to professional medical advise. You wld rather a safe and healthy wife and baby than risk delaying delivery and have anything bad happen

Jkids, yes hoping for ny bb, but NOT those 1st born bbs of the year to appear on TV/newspapers :p

Johnston, EDD 17/01 to Li Chun on 04/02 is quite a long period apart. Probably you & wifey choose a more convenient date rather than wait for dragon bb bah. If you & wife are keen to pursue a 2nd child, both of you have until Apr/May to try to conceive a dragon bb. 1 bb at beginning of year, another bb at end of year to be in the same school year ;)

CYY, Grace & HK Baby,

I'm in e same week as all of u, keep our fingers cross for full term bb, so anyone delivering @ Mt A?

Yes, Bianz! Will b delivering at Mt A! Mayb we will get to see each other n our bbies too! Hmm.. Full term meaning wk 37 onwards? Which is another 1-2 wks time! Can time just fly faster??? haha.. Prob jkids will have same sentiments as me! ;)

Jkids - #2 bb wt similar to 1st one lor so unlikely to b early... Sigh! At least by history urs been early so gd for u
happy.gif

Hi charmaine,
last check @ wk34 bb is 2.5kg, how's urs?

Hi hkbaby,
hv u submitted ur admission form? e staff mention tat it will smoothen e admission process if u do =)

i'm in dilemna in terms of 'full term hope', yes wk37 onwards consider full term, but most elderly hv high hope for 1st grandboy & wish for dragon bb which is on 4 Feb tat's wk41 then =p though i secretly wish for a year-end rabbit bb but think too early haa...

Yes, I have faxed MA the admission form yday n just got a confirmation SMS fr them. But as it is system generated it showed a 1 mth later delivery date!!! I called them they just apologized n said it's system generated! My gynae has also written an admission letter for me to bring along when I admit. We will still have to do admission af all these so I dun know how smoother the process can b?? Mayb only slightly faster..

Our bbies r born so near the year of dragon will definitely have traits of dragon anyway! Carrying till 40wks or more is no fun, ok?

Well, i also think e strain of carrying is tough, but come to think of it, it's still more convenient to enjoy bb while inside, cos e real work starts when their out =p now treasure every single moment of couple time with hb =)

btw will ur gynae happen to be Dr HK Ho?

poseidon, I'm using the football hold coz alittle painful to use cradle/cross-cradle coz of the c-sect stitch.. BUT problem is bb keep on sleeping & refuse to latch or even open his mouth (mouth got gold like tat)!! nurses also doesn't seem keen for me to pump, keep on asking me to try to latch, till now haven't bring in the rental breastpump.. think after dinner if they still dont bring in then I'll juz use my own.. the last i sterilize it is at home thou, shld be ok if juz use to stimulate milk?? hmm..

kamile, has yr cervix thinned & softened? if yes, then high chance of dilating with the pill.. my gynae was saying if induce doesn't dilate means bb's head is too big to go down the birth canal to open the cervix, & waiting any longer wont make any difference too.. I had dilated abt 1cm when I went see gynae on wed so decided to induce.. good luck!! maybe yr bb will be the 1st bb of 2012? will see u on TV?
happy.gif

johnston, think most if not all gynaes will advise to deliver bb b4 edd if bb is breeched & mummy has GD.. best to listen to yr gynae's advice for the safety of yr child..

Jac, when Dr told me that cervix was still closed, I didn't probe further if it has thinned / softened... cos' I'm a blue blur 1st time MTB :p

Nah, you won't see us on TV/newspaper cos' we're checking in 2 hours beforehand. Unless the pill works wonder & my cervix dilates to 10cm within 2 hours :p:p:p

Jac.. can use pill to sterilize.. I use that method in tmc.. toyogo box + sterilizating pill.. see can borrow/ rent box from Kk anot... Pill can buy easily..

<font color="0000ff">Sorry to interrupt. I'm a Sept 2011 mummy and brought in some Korean milk bag for my own use and am selling them now to pass on the savings!

Very good quality, zipper type.

For more details:
http://smh-thelittleonesinmylife.blogspot.com/p/smh-special.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thelittleonesinmylife/288198271213600

If you mummies are keen, you can gather orders amongst yourselves and I will give you a special rate
happy.gif

I will also include mail/delivery to individual mummies so you don't have to worry about logistics.

[email protected]
</font>

Hi Bianz,
I'll be delivering at Gleneagles. Mine also first grandson in the family but we're not so particular about dates. Decide to let nature take it's course and hope baby comes after 37 weeks.

Hi,M in week 36+ and bb already 3.2kg :>hehehe but bb not engaged and i have dilate yet...
Gynae asked me to be on strict diet if not BB might get stuck and might need c sect....What should i do?

hkbaby:
tsktsk, my hosp bag still not packed, house in a mess. dilemma about time flying faster also, but my taste bud seem to get worse that i wish to have my 1st delicious meal after d delivery.

showwhite:
hmn...juz follow gynae's instructions and tok to bb... gynae doesnt want to induce u huh?

Jkids - high 5! Mine still there too! Our tastebud prob r the most hateful problem! Tt's y time must fly so we can at least enjoy our fd! Despite tis problem, i'm going to try out chilli crab n new yr goodies these 2 wks b4 delivery. Though fd may not taste the same but just brush tongue as usual af meals lor. My bag half packed bb clothes 75% washed making use of these few days of sun.

Bianz - my gynae is Dr Vincent Lee not Dr Ho. Yes, agreed abt enjoying couple time esp if tis is ur #1. Mine is #2 n not someone who enjoys preg so wants to hold bb asap. Caring bb goes into phases of challenges but u have family for support n help. Preg journey is mainly on our own.

jkids, nop she didnt say induce coz full term is on the 2nd Jan.N she said she see some bbs that never put on any weight after this visit,...then can drag n drag,....moreover bb havent engaged yet so even induce might not open leh...

Btw do u use sterile cotton balls to clean bb's eyes or jus normal cotton balls. My friend said should get the sterile ones, guardian selling it at 1.60 for 10balls.. But Im not sure if its safe for babies? Too sterile I also scared cos duno what they used to sterilise it. Hahah...

Snowwhite, im 38.5weeks, baby 3.2kg already.. Hmmm should I go on a diet since Im also scared if bb is too big, it will be difficult to deliver.. Since i hv a feeling bb will be out only in Jan already.. Gynae didnt say anything but she is the sort who wouldnt want to scare us if its not really really 100% necessary.. Hmmmm.. But these few days I always feel like eating a lot. Hahahah.. Esp ice cream :p

Hmm... I use normal cotton balls to clean his eyes... But first few days use sterile one. Sterile one too expensive Liao... Not economical
happy.gif

Mommies, happy 2012 in advance!
happy.gif
Grace, cyy, bianz, I think my edd is also near to yours, 26 Jan, but some of my frens are egging me to give birth tonight, haha. I don't mind coz I am 36weeks and 2 days now, but don't think bb is showing any sign he wants to be out tonight. Anyway, have a great day!
happy.gif

Hi Mommies,

My DD has past the stages for these items thus I am letting go at very cheap prices. Do check it out:

AVENT teats/pacifier/Magic Cup $3- $8 each. Selling to clear
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6520898.html?1325290083

NUK Latex/Silicone Teats $2- $4 each. Selling to clear
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6517727.html?1325289417

Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags (5ea/box), S$10.00
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6520919.html?1325290185

problem with milk flow? Earth Mama is the best solution, all natural. $10. Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Milkmaid Tea, Tea Bags (16ea)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6520924.html?1325290320

Do PM me or email me at [email protected]

Hi mummies,

Wish all of u a fruitful, enjoyable new year ahead
happy.gif

having e most boring Christmas n New Year resting @ home, thank God for all of ur company nevertheless.

All e best for our new darling rabbit / dragon bb arrival
happy.gif

hi mummies, I juz got discharged from hospital this afternoon.. home sweet home.. me &amp; hb both feeling damn shack out.. it's really tough looking after a newborn.. kudos to all 2nd or more timer mummies! also wish all mummies &amp; yr family a happy, prosperous &amp; healthy 2012! wish u a smooth delivery for those who have not delivered &amp; jiayou jiayou to the rest!!
happy.gif

Back