(2012/01) Jan 2012

Jkids >>>yes I'm looking forward to this new phase in life. My hubby is not earning big bucks so this won't be for lifetime but well I'm willing to sacrifice the income just in exchange for
this precious experience. Am looking for a playgroup for weekdays, you know any? Wanna find things for her/us to do too... Any ideas?

Jac, my arms, shoulders and neck ache badly from carrying my boy everyday too, but i find using bb carrier makes the thigh area near his groin very red.

Babytum, im sahm for the time being too. Quite tough esp now bb getting heavier. His feeding pattern drives me crazy too haha, thank goodness he starts drinking his milk these few days again. But ya, i enjoy being w my bb most of the time
happy.gif

ritzc, which carrier r u using? manduca, ergo & becca have wider base. so the bb's weight is not supported on the groin but more on the butt & thighs. i'm using the manduca. my boy tends to get red at the back of his thighs slightly above knee. but shld be comfortable for him ba coz he always fall asleep when I'm carrying him in the carrier.

moscato, is happy bellies & healthy times available at local supermarkets? I seem to see nestlé cerelac & Heinz nia leh. do babies have the tendency to put on even more weight after starting solids? or will they get more full/satisfied longer & eat lesser?

U can get healthy times from supermarkets like ntuc, cold storage. They have bottled purees too.
As for Happy Bellies, u can get from bp, cheaper than whatvu can find in retail. I saw some shops carrying this brand but now only recall a supplement shop in millenia has that. It's on the 2nd flr. I bought direct from USA before too but the oatmeal cereal color diff from what i previously bought. Taste n smell diff too. Supposed to be nice smelling. But the brown rice still ok.

RitzC >>> yes shall we try to get Sahm together and try to organize play sessions for our little ones? U keen?

Also, this is my first time as a Sahm... Any advice what activities to do with her?

Jac, my carrier is bjorn synergy.

Babytum, are you on fb jan group? Maybe can organize sth on a weekday.
happy.gif

I try to let my boy nap in the morning and afternoon. In between his feeding and wake time, will play rattles, sing along to him with music, bring him for stroll and essentially alternate between making him lie down to play and carrying him. He wants to be carried most of the time.lol.

jkids
ohh i went to the shop in novena to see lo..check the material also see the practicality of colours. For carriers, I will prefer to buy darker colours cos afraid of strains etc.

Actually I also try on other brands, but still prefer Ergo as it seems more sturdy. And the sitting area for bb seems more comfy for her crotch area.

think the carrier can be carried up to KG not age de....afterall different babies different weight at different age

Hello ladies!

I am a SAHM and my little boy was born on 28 Jan so I would like to join this group
happy.gif
Looking forward to meeting up and hanging out!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

moscato, thanks for the info! happy bellies looks good. think I'll try the organic brown rice for my boy's first food.
happy.gif
probably start ard 5mths ba. he has been showing interest in us eating leh. keep on staring at our food, mouth moving (like chewing motion) somemore. haiz.

dekora, I've a babysafe ring sling as well. sometimes use it at home to carry bb when he's cranky & wants to be carried. the material is softer & thinner so more cooling & comfortable to sit down & lie back with it. but very uncomfortable to carry for long hrs (shopping trips) since the weight is only on 1 shoulder & its not really totally handsfree.

to me, the purpose of a good bb carrier is to carry bb when u go walking or shopping.

for baby carriers, usually under what circustances do u use it?

any limited time to leave bb inside the carrier?

so when u r eating, i suppose bb is still wif u but in d carrier?

babyturn:
i dun do much activities wif my bb except to tok to him and play wif him. sometimes i leave him to see the music mobile fr the playpen

Sigh wonder y my mil likes to barge into my room even when i close. Did that during my confinement and hz nw when i was nursing she opened the door and came, to say bye bye. Aghh

mommy valteen:
my goodness! why she did that?... had you spoke to her?
i never like this sort of behaviour.. when such thing happen, 1st i will tell my hubby how i feel and hope she doesnt repeat again else i will tell her i doesn't feel comfortable for the way she disturb my privacy..

Joey
No din tell her. I will make sure i lock and make sure the key is not hanging at the door next time. Hope everything gets the hint! I pull out the key jz nw and told dh i want to keep the key. He say ok so i think he knows.

Dekora
I am using a bb sling as well as a bb carrier.
For me I find sling is more comfy for the bb as the material more cooling. I will use it in the house to calm bb down as the bb carrier is too hot for me to use. Carrier tends to be too body hugging and bb is afraid of heat.

Jkids
I cant remember which model I buy lei..its black in colour la...till now I have yet to use the carrier while shopping. So far when we go out, I will either put her in the stroller, or carry her by hand. Me and hub will take turn lo. I find the carrier like v bulky and too many buckles, by the time we buckle up, bb will start to fuss le.
But I think we may try it out this weekend,so let u know
happy.gif

For me, I think the carrier is good to use, when u sense bb wants to look around, and hands are full with groceries and of course, in an aircond area.

Valteen
terrible lei! no courtesy...
next time key n lock lo...then she cant come in le...

Jingles
Frus lor. She came to say bye bye as she was gg hm, most likely too hv a peek at bb again before she leaves. But then...pls lor! Sigh. Lock lock lock!

jkids
err...i cant rem...but the shoulder strap is like those old school bag...u know Umbro? ya...its these thick lo...depends if u can still can carry a handbag bo

Valteen
lock it la...
i mean though we are BF doesnt mean we are comfortable to expose our mammaries to everyone :p

umbro! yes! this brand is gone liao ah? ... jingles, we same era ...wahaha . if umbro type still can hold handbag. i havent bought my carrier so its challeging bringing bb to nanny house...took abt 10 min from our house to her house

valteen:
quite rude loh she. if your door is closed, its obvious u should not juz open. a normal person will knock, wait for you to give permission to come in one...

Jingles
Hahaha i like that! Even though we r all women!

Jkids
Exactly lor. But...there will be no next time! If it ever happens again, then itz my fault for not locking. But sometimes i feel quite sickening that this is my home yet am cautious abt ppl barging into my room. Grrrr.....

Hmmm i hv yet to let my gal try my manduca carrier again after that first round. Once i am more confident that her neck can support, i will try her in it again without the infant setting which she will cry cos she cant see the outside world.

Hi mummies, when can we carry baby in a carrier. I got an ergo carrier, am wanting to start but not sure if it's alright to. My baby is 3 months old now and her neck has yet to stabilize. Can hold her neck up but still not steady yet.

bluecryst
yes....i think can put bb in BUT u will need to have a bb insert. Think the insert cost another 100 bucks....check it out at their website or the shop u purchased from.

valteen
i understand how u feel lo...tats lost of privacy when u have "strangers" around. I felt this way also when I have my confinement nanny in the house for one whole month. Felt kwai kwai de. Tats why i dont like to have maids in the house lo

Jkids
yaaaa we from the same generation. Why u no wassap then we can chat on the phone mar :p

valteen, can understand how u feel mann!! that time in hospital my MIL wanted to "help me" with nursing wo! i called out for my hb to help me then she juz barge in & said "wo bang ni!". i immediately screamed out "NO!!!". damn pissed mann. how she want to help?? she got milk meh?? even my mum doesn't do that when i'm expressing milk. then now wkends she stay over at my place. always barge into my room to see bb too. damn sianz lo. no privacy at all!
sad.gif
ur gal very small size ah? my boy has been using the carrier since 11-12wks & didn't even need the infant seat leh. did u zip up the back to make it shorter? my boy so far ok in ifc lo. even if not happy, also don't know how to complain mah. how's ur gal doing? in the new ifc liao?

blucryst, when i started using the carrier, my boy's neck is abt 70% firm nia. the carrier reaches abt 1 inch above his neck, so it provides some support, but doesn't restrict his movt. try using it at home first. when she's comfortable in it then bring her out.

I use the Manduca on my girl since she's 3 weeks old! No need neck support cos they have something to support the neck. The more u use it the better u get at it. It's really handy and my girl loves it too. She can look ard much better in this than stroller where she seems more blocked...

Valteen, Jac,babytum
I am using manduca too but find it quite diff. Maybe I did it wrongly. Previously my hubby opened the infant seat cloth when we brought bb out when she was 6 weeks. Now that she is 14 weeks, looks like she has outgrown it. Is manduca design for bb facing us instead of front? how did u put the baby into the carrier? Open the carrier on the bed and put her into the positioning or how?? I am blur le...feel like she is not secured when i dun use the infant seat coz her leg not long enough. But she is too big for the infant seat ord.

Blucryst,
Some carrier are designed for bb above 3 mths. muz see the type and design to see got enuf support or not. I think for manduca new model,it can be used from newborn.

Animal_rights,
Welcome to this thread. i am a SaHm too.

Jingles
Me too....never tot of having maids for this same reason. I will hold back this for as long as I can.

Jac
Sorry ah....I couldnt help but burst out laughing at your post when you mentioned "....she got milk meh?" Sigh...well, really dont know what's on their mind, and maybe they also dunno what's on our minds. No lah, that time my gal's neck was still flimsy so I tot safer to set it up for infant use. But now she is starting to flip and can more or less raise her head, I will try it out again in abt a week or two with the normal set up and see how it goes. My gal was born 2.6kg and now at 19.5 weeks, she is about 6kg. Wonder if we overfed her, but it's based on demand feed wor.
happy.gif
She is starting the new ifc in June cos need to serve out one month notice at the current place. Like resignation hor?? The new place has only 6 infants and according to the supervisor, they may be times when one infant will have 2 teachers to take care of them! Hahahahah.....

Baby turn
wow 3 weeks already in the manduca carrier!

Delphina
Manduca is designed to have bb facing us leh. Hmmm...i need to give it a try again but then if I can be 'fluid' enuff bb may get cranky.
sad.gif
If bb is older, you can open up the flap while you carry bb, then place bb in position, and use your other hand to close the flap. Do you have the link of the shop where there is a video clip to show you? If u need me to provide the link let me know and I can search and post it here. Cos I need to run to fetch ah gal back from ifc now. heehee....

valteen, wow, u off work so early ah. my boy 18wks nia but already 8+kg liao. lagi overfed. hahaha. but is ok la, he happy can liao. the new ifc sounds good, nearer ur place & ur gal can get more attention. good good! u gonna take leave on the first few days ur gal starts the new ifc to get her accustomed to the new place?

mummies,
i assume all of you have started work oredi. Anyone pumping at work? Care to share what things to bring and did supply decrease?
thks

Jac
No lah, I am on MC today cos was having very bad headache and giddiness. Moreover, marathon taking care of bb yday, she was cranky cos of weather I think. Felt my body breaking down. I knock off at 6pm at work so usu dh will pick her up of late. Hope things get better when we move her to the ifc near our place. Hee, i she bu de her teachers now. but bo bian lor. Heehee...sure will take leave. They allow me 3 days to be there. Maybe I will take 2 days leave lor.

Evon
Yes I pump at work. I bring the pump to and from work everyday. Bought extra funnels to be left in the office. Then got sterilising pills also. I was trying to reduce the number of things I have to lug every day.

is bb carrier easy to use? can we do it alone easily without help?

jingles:
do u need iphone then can use whatsapp? then i dun have loh

Delphina >> the infant seat I'm still using now leh though she's alr 14 weeks... Think play by ear u stop using only when baby has neck control I think... 14 weeks only an estimate. It easiest to put baby when u sitting down but sometimes off outside doesn't permit then no choice... End of day it's about practising then u will b expert eventually. Initially I also v clumsy now ok le.. The carrier is meant only for baby facig front. Think manduca believe that's the best position.. When baby gets neck control think u stop using the infant insert and u zip up the front part to shorten the carrier.

Evon >> I used to pump at work for number 1. Did for a
year and advice is as long as u stick to the scheduled
times, supply will remain. I pumP twice do I bring 2 sets of funnel cos I don't want to sterilize in ofc (tried it but find it ma fan). Then end of day I bring all dirty funnels
back to wash and sterilize. If u have the budget and wanna reduce daily "luggage", u can buy another motor and leave it in ofc. My colleague sterilized in ofc so only one set of funnel, so u try and see Which method better for u...

Jkids >>> it's easy with practice.. I started at 3 weeks and I used it almost everyday cos I bring her out for walks daily... Initially quite clumsy take v long to wear but now ok le

Jac, Valteen, Babytum,

Thanks for ur advices !!! I got the manduca as a gift. that's why very blur, never visit e shop to ask how to use it. i will practice more..

Does ur baby seem to be napping longer now that they r bigger? My baby sleeps longer now during day time so long as her tummy full and diapers clean. Too bad she still wake up once in the middle ofnight. Hopefully she will get over that stage. Soon it is a time for ur dear baby to start puree.. Any good links to share how to make those purees?? 

No leh.. On the contrary she seems to be napping shorter n staying awake longer! She only naps for abt 40mim after being awake for abt 2-3hrs. She still wakes up once or twice at night for feeds. Im also wondering when she will sleep thru the night...

for those mommies using ergo carrier
have u tried the side carry hur?
hmmm seems like side carry is only for bigger bbs isit?

jkids
u basically need a data plan phone...no need iphone...samsung galaxy also can :p

jingles:
ah...carrier can side carry oso ah... do u rem how much u paid?

oh i c. i think per mth will be more ex oso. nokia can?

babyturn:
i juz placed order...hopefully i have time to practice by this weekend :p ok will practice more. so do u put on your carrier while standing, then postion your bb, or do u place your carrier on the bed and position bb?

jkids
yes....carrier can also side carry. thats for ergo la...not sure if the carrier u are buying can or not...if u wan to know how to put on carrier, can check it out in utube.

ya data plan one month more expensive..but u can surf, can wassap :p

Jkids >>> it's always best to b seated but if cant b seated like say when take baby out of car in carpark then we will use the car boot as a support cos u need to put baby in lying flat first, button the insert then lift baby and front flap up onto your chest. U can go manduca.com.sg website for video clips of how to use...

Where u order from? I got fr the novena shop so the lady demo for us...

jingles:
wow...then i will very busy surfing 24 hrs...hehe

babyturn:
ok noted thanks. i ordered fr advanology. for the same pdt, i realise the price diff at diff online shops are quite big, some diff like $20
proud.gif
dun tell me there's diff manufacturer?

Jingles, Jac, Delphina: thank you for your replies. I tried carrying my baby but the bottom seems too wide for her. And we don't wanna spend the extra money on the insert. So I guess we have to wait till she's bigger.

Anyway, any mummies facing milk supply problem? I wanted to freeze extra milk for when I return to work, but nowadays I can't pump much milk out after my baby has nursed. Not sure if it also due to irregular pumping. I pump like 3-4 times a day and don't wake up to pump during the night.

And recently my baby fuss during feeding. It's like she's frustrated. She suckle a while then break off and seems irritated, then repeat. I wonder if it's because she find the milk flow slow or I don't have enough milk for her.

Dear mummies, I'm here to seek advice. Am also a Jan mummy. My son is 14 weeks now. He also naps very little in the morning, about 15min before he wakes up and cries( I think he is startled). Then I have to put him back to sleep again. In the afternoon, usually he won't sleep, I play or carry him for 3-4hrs. I find I can't do anything else, have to be with him most of the time. Any mummy using yaolan (spring cot) here? Does your baby sleep in the yaolan all the time, even at night? Can we let baby sleep in yaolan till 1-2 yrs old? I'm thinking if I should get one, I think yaolan works better, but I don't know the pros and cons. My baby sleeps in a cot now.

Mine, he doesn't poo everyday, but the most 2 days never poo. My uncle is a pd, he says doesn't matter long there's nothing else unusual for him. He has seen babies who don't poo for 7 days.

Back