(2012/01) Jan 2012

Moscato n jingles, yup theres an article abt grantparents become surrogate mothers as mothers have to work. I have just started work today but i started practisingferryimg bb back n fro my plc n my mums plc dailyfor two weeks. But previously i wasnt working so its ol. Now i started work, ome i can barely catch up with the work cos there were many changes n secondly as i am still pumping mlk, it is tiring to follow this kind of schedule, wake up pump milk, feed bb, prepare things to go work, bring bb to mums plc, go to work, end work n go bk.mums plc to.bring bb bk home, feed bb last feed n then its 11pm. The whole cycle starrs again at 4plus am. Its first day after gettimg bk to work n i am beat tired. N considering whether it is gd to just stay at mums plc with bb while hubby visit us everyday.

overthemoon
well...I will suggest that to stay at mom's place and maybe certain nights to work things out with mom to look after bb so you can have a good rest (express out milk to leave overnight for night and next day feeds). True, we will definitely want to see bb everyday and be close to baby. But we will have to be practical too, if the chosen way to care for bb is too tiring and which will make us lethargic and then sick (and you are bf), we got to relook at the situation.

We cant be too insistent on the perfect plan at this point of time, got to be practical and at times lugi lor
sad.gif

moscato, managed to see PD at 2+pm & we were 6th in queue! newborns & vaccination appts got priority. sigh. PD gave some probiotics, syrup to soothe intestines & recommended to switch to soy milk. he's still having diarrhea leh. poor thing.

jingles, don't need envy la. ur gal will get better one. I've lived thro those times too. from waking up every hr to every 2.5 hrs to 3hrs to twice a nite to now once a nite. felt like knocking him out so that I can go back to sleep. usually when my boy wakes up & don't want go back sleep, I'll juz let him play by himself (can somemore smile & talk to the ceiling fan) until he's tired & start fussing then I'll carry him & rock him to sleep. wonder when then he'll sleep thro the nite.

since i started work, me, hb & bb have moved to stay at my mum's place during wkdays. in the morn, all of us will send bb to IFC together, then we'll go work. in the evening, my mum will pick up bb from IFC to her place coz me & hb work late & won't be able to pick him up from IFC on time. we cater tingkat dinner to my mum's place so no need cook or rush to tabao dinner. also mum will help with the nite feed (unless she got work the next morn) so that I won't be zombie at work. fri nite we'll all go back to our own hse so that my mum can rest during the wkends. this arrangement has been working well so far.

Jac
LOL!!!
u really make me LOL in my cubicle
happy.gif

talk to the ceiling fan lei....not laughing at ur situation...cos i personally go through when bb dont sleep how frustrating it can be....but more to laughing with u
happy.gif

Hope my bb will be able to ease in to have a more restful sleep lo. When did ur bb sleep through the night?

Hmmm seems like this arrangement is not bad hor...but just curious...ur mom not able to handle bb alone hur? if can, no need ifc, even better..haiz..sometimes we just wish this logistic issue can be solved. haiz.

jingles, my boy only started waking up once a nite recently nia. think after wk 15 or so. my mum is working. insurance agent. so flexi hrs. but still got to call/meet clients, go for trainings/ mtgs, etc. she's not the housewife kind la, ask her stay home look after bb will ki siao one. I can't afford to pay her to stay home too. hahah. actually I think infant care not too bad leh (of coz best is ownself stay home to look after bb). more interaction for him. teachers r also more trained & experienced compared to me a ftm. but only worry is he will fall sick lo.

jac
envy...week 15 and wakes up once a night..
mine is close to 4 months and when she is in my house wakes up sometimes every 2 hrs!!! haiz..
but in mil house she wakes up every 4 hrs lei..
hub said maybe she knows she is with us...so tends to eat more..haiz..i duno..

but no matter wat - she is still my babe
happy.gif

love and miss her now
sad.gif
haiz...

usually i give my son pacifier if he is still staring at me after nite feed..then he will fall back to sleep..:p

i miss my boy too...at least got #1 to take over the attention. I still call my mum everyday to check on him, although everyday is the same answer..haa..
my mum said he laughs with sound now..loves to play...haizz..missing all these actions..but will be on leave next wed-fri to look after him cos my mum going away for short trip.

aiyo...bb recognising places. at nanny house...keep crying...aiya. when ret to work, need to rush rush liao to fetch bb fr nanny house. alamak...how to do OT huh?

jingles:
quite pissed off hor with such mindless people. cant they juz shut up and keep such comments to themselves. i encounter too many times liao. moz often is colleagues coz see them everyday. haiz...yr temp very irresponsible. i pray hard mine dun give me too much surprises...

overthemoon:
yes ite a better arrangement to stay wif bb at your parents place. i had this arrangement last time. it was a bliss.

moscato:
u still rem which day was the articles pub;ished?

moscato
yup i will be on leave next month also....cos mil gg for short trips. mil just text me to buy salonpas for her...haiz...she must be tired carrying bb la....rather worried when she cant cope with bb how...its a round about qns which I constantly ask myself...haiz.

jkids
dont worry la. Mayb ur temp will not be that bad lo. Today is temp last day...she n some girls went to celeb lo..i was like -.- pls...i also no mood to see her face, not to talk abt lunch :p

Jac
yup..hope I will get over this phase soon.

Hi tulip.starzz,
I do have a part-time maid that comes once a week but the usual cleaning up and washing have to be done daily cause sometimes it can be quite dusty at home and I cook so after cooking, the cleaning up of the kitchen is quite tedious too
sad.gif

My baby is on half formula and half breastmilk..nowadays, I seldom use the pump, no time and the output is so little..I rather do the manual squeezing..faster..ahhahaha..then another thing is my baby will wan to look for my smell and breast so am trying not to let him directly suckle on my breast just in case I need to work and he kept crying...haiz...looking f me...
jkids: I have 2 children, my elder boy is 3 and goes to full day childcare
happy.gif
I am always so busy w the housework and washing up and he usually play w his daddy...so sad I took care of him f 18 full months and he is not at all close to me
sad.gif

I wash my bb clothes via machine everyday, also accumulate bottles to wash..I do cook sometimes cause I prefer home cook food...and more healthy f my boy:0)
working and taking care of kids are no joke...most likely is either I don't work or work part time. Part of the reason is hubby needs to be outstation often and there I am w 2 kids...if I working, I sure cannot cope...
sad.gif

Anyone hubby need to go outstation often and how do you cope w 2 kids? My hubby may be going f 3 weeks outstation and may need to put my younger boy w my mil f 3 weeks which I dont wish to...but also cannot cope w 2 kids on my own lor...both need my attention and there is only 1 me...

brink
yes i understand...sometimes i told my mil i have alot of things to do at home, she also look at me ridiculously lo. She will ask how come I have pt helper still need to do house work...i mean we will still have to wash clothes adhoc, fold clothes, cook, wash dishes, change bedsheets de mar...cannot be accumulate everything and all WASH, FOLD and cook done by my pt helper right??? I mean even if my pt helper can cope my washing machine also cant la :p
she just dont understand....

my hub also frequent traveller last time. Now he kind of stop cos I told him to...cos without him around I will not be able to ferry bb back le..I dont dare to drive alone with BB..lest she siren along the expressway I will panic like mad. Yes I understand la..its tough for me with just one. Cant imagine u got 2....
But if really bo bian got to put #2 in mil is bo bian de lo...maybe call ur mom to help out in alt. days so u can make a quick visit to #2...

jingles & moscato, my mum also going overseas for 1wk next mth. I took leave too coz cant pick up my boy in time if I go work leh. don't know whether to take leave or juz continue go work but leave early leh. sigh.

juz kana "scolded" by the infant care teacher for bringing my boy there today coz he has not fully recovered. mum's bz & we got to work leh. yest already take leave to bring him to PD liao. boss will not happy if keep on taking leave leh. damn stress. sigh.

jac
yes same here also..
i also dont dare to take too much leave le...one day here for vaccination, few days here for my mil to go tour...i doubt my boss will be v happy lo...esp I just came back from long leave..plus she is not the most understanding boss in the world also.

jkids
yes...esp when it rains..her feet will get v cold...then at night we will let her wear full romper cos we on a/c.

jkids, i only let my bb wear to sleep cos we on the aircon at night

i'm starting on a new job tomorrow and i think i'm gonna miss bb so much..especially that i'm worried about her low weight gain also..so stressed and hope i won't have problems coping. My helper sometimes never follow my instructions correctly and it gets frustrating for me, but i try to close one eye cos she's the one taking care of bb during the day..

jkids: i cant remember exactly which date. It's a Sunday article, 2 or 3 weeks ago?

I still let bb wear socks at home..intend to slowly remove for daytime. Nighttime confirm wear socks. My #1 wear til almost 2 yrs old cos sleeping in aircon.

moscato, yeah no fever. he looks & behaves totally fine except got diarrhea lo. the IFC teacher say might spread to other kids lo. now trying to make arrangements so that my boy need not go tmr.
sad.gif

jkids, my boy only wear socks at IFC coz got aircon. we don't on the aircon at home, so he doesn't wear socks/ mittens liao.

are there any suitable jobs for working mums ah? flexi hrs & can claim IFC/ccc subsidy??????

Jkids: adhoc nanny is so exp huh.. I can use the $$ to buy milk powder hehe..so u found nanny for ur baby? How is the nanny so far? My baby wear socks day and night. She always has to be in aircon. I tried to lure her to be at non aircon room on day time but she will sweat a lot, then later scream after her skin become sticky and cannot sleep.. Haiz..burn holes for pub bills.

Brink: I only have 1 kid to take care. 3 mths old baby. Kuddos to SAHM who manage 2 or more kids on their own. Initially feel sad loh when i have to continue to be SAHM instead of returning to work. But i think this arrangement for now would be the one working for our family. I have no one else to look after the baby and my hubby travel often. Cannot imagine if i have to work on day time, pickup my bb from ifc/nanny after work, do hswork, nite feeds etc wheny hubby is away. On day time, wash bottles, play with baby, tc of baby. I dont cook for time being.

Jac: is ur boy feeling better? Hope he get well soon. Abt laughing at ceiling fan.. My gal laugh to the curtain instead. Maybe they got imaginary fren. What time ur baby last feed usually ? So good that he only wakes up once at night.

Jac: ol..maybe ifc's rules stricter. for cc, they will take in unless fever. They will feed the kids medicine too (I only realised yesterday cos i packed paracetamol for my #1 just in case her fever comes back).

delphina
yes...thats the greatness of a mommy...to sacrifice lo. Thats why the song goes shi shang zhi you mama hao
happy.gif

Just wassap my coll. my picture with bb, they asked how come i look so haggard...haiz...look after bb who doesnt look haggard de :p

Jac..As long as you can clock 56 hrs, can claim the subsidy already. am looking f such jobs too...:0)
Jingles: I cannot ask hubby not to travel lei..since he sole bread winner and his boss wans him to go, he cannot reject lei...haiz..strange is everytime I gave birth shortly hubby needs to travel...when I had my first, same thing happen and I almost bring my whole house to my mums place...When I got back to work as ctt, he got to travel, my mum came over to help..and now w 2 he needs to travel again...haiz...
by the way, a 3 mths old baby need to drink how much milk per day?

Delphina, imaginary friend ah.. hmm.. I hope not those kind of "things" ba. hahah. last feed depends on what time my boy goes to sleep. if sleep early then usually last feed (150ml) ard 8-9pm then sleep by 1030pm. if lots of distractions (he prefers to play than sleep), then will give him an additional feed (60-120ml depending on time of previous feed) at ard 11pm-12am. then he'll wake up at ard 4-5am for feed, then go back to sleep (sometimes don't want sleep anymore). his timing still not very fixed coz relle depends on how much he sleeps at IFC & whether got ppl play with him anot. we've not been very strict with him on his schedule.

tot most babies by now already sleeping thro the nite liao. no?? tot my boy greedy so need wake up to eat.

valteen, I let my boy wear long sleeve top & pants. aircon cold leh.

brink, 56hrs is for 1 mth? wat kind of jobs u looking at ah??

valteen, yeah i need to get more long sleeve tops too. coz my boy has outgrown all the 6-12mths tops!! buttons keep on popping out. hahah.

jingles: so far have not tried driving alone w baby. Like you, think once my boy cry, i will turn around and look which is super dangerous..Hubby is worried too...the last time I drive was like a year ago since I know I am pregnant, I stopped driving liao...now a bit scare to drive...Last time when I had one and my hubby is outstation..I will drive his car and pick up my son w my mum...and the last day before my hubby return something did happen...hahhaa...I could not lock the car..it is not the usual things that will happen and am glad I managed to get help...at that time I was thinking worst come to worst car get stolen lor...And a few man tried to help me but cannot solve the problem...hahhahha
Jac: Am looking f part-time accounts or admin but usually these jobs so hard to find and money so little...yes 56 hrs per month so u need to work at least 2 days per week in a month.

jkids..wow nany so exp now? $700...I thought before they have solid is only $500..why not consider infant care instead...due to the distance to my mil house, i may consider that but my side no vancany lor...

all:
Frankly speaking I do feel that singapore does not provide a conducive environment to have kids..although govt encourages balance life-style but ask them how many of the companies are that...I been with companies that says they support balance balance lifestyle but in actual fact they don't...like jingles..if take more leave wait boss not happy...think we always have this fear for working parents...

brink
kekekekeke tats scary lo.
door cant close. u use the remote or manual key lock?
for me, i guess i will need to stay in the car liao..hub treasure his car alot de...cant simply walk away :p

ya..its not conducive at all. So piss now in the office, as all the rest of the bosses allow their staff to go on time-off for their dr appt except for mine lo.....always duno how to practice her discretion. Dont understand how come whole office dont need to take leave for their appts except for our department ple. Talking about working under a boss who do not know how to protect and fight for her staff.

does everyone use aircon at nite? hehe...the elect bill shd be quite ex leh

yah i can imagine those with spouse whoneeds to travel often. my job cannot require me to travel one else no one will look after my kids. but recently our team goes under another dept. during off peak we will be asked to tag along with another team who needs to travel one. sian...i told my mgt i cannot travel lah, how to? they said its "optional". but i am sure they will bei song one if other pp in my team can help out while i cant.
sad.gif

delphina:
yes juz found liao. juz started today so nanny still under my observation. haha. my mother said i "song young lu hu kou".
sad.gif
but what choice do i have. i am very upset but that is the best arrangement since that someone doesnt want to help us. at least my mind is more settled b4 i go bk to work.

medory:
helper is your maid? do u put cambera at home? my nanny agent said he changed 9 maids in 2 yrs and finally the curent one is with him for 4 yrs
proud.gif

jac:
i really can understand d stress u r going thro now. thats what many working mummies go thro
sad.gif
thats y i rather choose a nanny coz i really cant afford to take so many urgent leaves to look after my sick bb. not only my boss, my colleagues wun be happy. if bb is sick, my nanny can still help to bbsit while i go to work, at least i can control the situation and not the other way round. she will be like my "left right hand".

brink:
some mummies asked me this q b4 on y i din consider ifc. coz i dun have a car n d ifc is far away and coz i cannot afford to look after a bb who keeps falling sick. due to inflation, prices for everything anything have gone up. very ex to rise a child in spore. when my bb hits 2 or above i will put him in ccc oredi, thats my current plan, at least there is subsidy.

moscato:
my ccc...see redness in mouth will start to call me oso . they scare its hfmd. hehe...yah teachers will help feed your child if need be.

agree that spore is not condusive to have kids. ifc/ccc/scc always have no vacancies. how to buy an ex car when ifc is so far away. then its oso very competitive in sch that every parent wants their child to attend enrichment class b4 p1 to have a better headstart. but no money how to. haiz.

Hi brink,

I understand and can empathize with your situation. There are lots of household chores waiting for husband n me too. The worse part is my elder child also 3, still throws tantrums, this reduces the time that we have for housework. Hope you don't mind me asking.. How's your elder one? How often does he throw tantrum (if any)?

I'm waiting for the day when things get better. Jia you ;)

Jingles: it is not easy to be a mum huh..even at our age, we still have to get our mum's help.. I think be it a SAHM or FTWM,everyone has her own challenges. Well, seeing our baby grow up healthy and filial is already a reward itself. Haha I also look very haggard specially i am at home mostly.no motivation to make up or dress up since not gg office =p. plus my hair keep dropping at astonishing rate!!! Will we go bald??  

Jac: sleeping through the night meaning is 6 hrs consecutively sleep right? The thing is my baby sleeps very early like 7-8pm. I tried to prolong by playing with her, but she will fuss when she is sleepy la, so no choice to let her sleep. That's why she will still wake up in the middle of night.cannot tong till morning, i guess too hungry to wait for 5-6am feed. 

How about other mummies? What time ur baby tuck in for night  and how many hrs they sleep b4 asking for feed?I tried to soothe my baby so that she sleep again but her cryiing gets louder and end up screaming..haiz no choice but to feed. 

Brink: for the milk intake, i read somowhere that it also depends on ur baby weight. U can use the guideline formula to do rough estimate to total up daily intake (150*ur baby weight)

Jkids: Hope this nanny is suitable then u can have peace of mind. when u returning to work?

Hi mummies,
Its been a long time since I posted (not sure if anyone remembers me) anyway can I join the group and be informed of any play sessions organized?

Will FB be a better avenue? How do I get added?

Hi Tulipstarzz,
My boy also throw tantrums but hubby will discipline him w talking and so far it works... Glad to say that my elder boy is quite sensible for his age and quite a good boy
happy.gif
only thing cannot tahan is he can keep repeating the same thing over and over again... Other than that, he is actually a very good boy from the way I see
happy.gif
he also loves his younger brother a lot and would kiss his didi when he go to school and come home f school... He also help shower his didi and bring the necessary things f us when his didi poo poo...:p
Jingles: my car key is the auto one.. At that time, my boy was cranky and could not be bothered so much about the car:p

brink
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
so sweet...watever #1 is doing to his bro is making me diabetic in the office
happy.gif

its v heartwarming and sweet to see sibings showing love at such tender age.

delphina
same here. my bb also sleep v early at 7pm there is no way we can prolong her need to sleep. I read somewhere if you prolong and drag her sleeping hours it will be worse, cos when she got too over sleepy, bb will become more cranky and grouchy the next day cos of insufficient sleep. So when bb wants to sleep just let them be. My bb will sleep at 7pm, then awake around 11, then 2 then 5pm. Never has been a night where I can sleep flat throughout the night lo

jkids
ohh where ur nanny staying? across street ah? aiyah why u mom like this.....if we can have a better option we wont be sending out kids into the tiger mouth lo.

Jingles: ya I was also surprised too
happy.gif
hopefully when daddy is not around , my boy can still be as sensible....the last time when I only had him, daddy was overseas and as he miss his daddy so much and donno how to express himself, that time was a nightmare... Quite scare it will happen again so am praying so hard lor...hahahaha...

Brink,

That's v nice. My elder one cries and screams on average once or twice a day. So exhausting at times when trying to pacify her.. Perhaps we've been too lax on her discipline in the early years..

delphina:
i am back at work. whaha...so many changes i need to noe, feel like a new staff learning the ropes.

jingles:
yes..i need to cross 1 minor road and 1 major road to her place. if rain hor, muz take the bridge to cross. the other time u told me abt the ergo carrier..do u use it too? where sell huh? is this the only brand u have seen wif the rain pouch? seems like not cheap, ha. my mum...ha, yah loh. did i tell u she offer to help when i was on the verge of not being able to find someone...but i swear she sure cannot cope. the kids at her place will disturb my bb's sleep. i visited mum with my bb recently and bb couldnt sleep well coz her cousins were noisy, ha. but still i appreciate her help to wan to help me.

babyturn:
hi hi. this formum is more alive now that more mummies return to work.

brink:
your elder one is so sweet to his bro. haha, my kids like to repeat things oso, then i will say...y u so longwinded, worse than mummy. haha, but i try not to say that too offten, coz wen they grow up, they will tok less to us..

delphina:
wun go bald lah. my hair oso drops alot...it will go away but i cant rem when.

Jkids >> yes I can see that. On the contrary I have decided to be a sahm...just resigned .. Giving myself a few months to try this new role... So now actively looking for playgroups to bring the little one to..

Jkids
Errrmm not sure lei...dunno if other brands like becco or manduca have or nt. But I bot this aht 200 la....so far yet to really use as bb dnt seem to like to b compress. Seems like she prefer to b sarong lo. Good that ur mom offer...at least she can help and also stand by help if u really cnt find anyone when u back to work lo. Hows the new nanny by the way?

hi mummies! TGIF!!!
happy.gif

jkids, think ergo (non-organic cotton one) is cheaper compared to manduca/becco. u can get a 2nd hand one for ard $100 or less ba. or a brand new one for abt $165 -> http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5417812.html?1335403198. I find it more convenient to use a carrier. when raining got free hand to hold umbrella & can run with bb in it.

when is a suitable time to start bb on solids ah? my PD say ard 4mths+ can start, but never give any definitive timeline leh. also wat shld we start with ah? rice cereal or fruit purée or? my boy's 4mths this sat.
happy.gif

for my PD, he recommend 5mths+.

You can try cereal..start with brown rice cereal. I used to feed my #1 with Happy Bellies. Also tried Healthy Times too. Smell very nice but abit messy when taking out from the package cos it's flaky. Heard nestle is sweet.

My #1 doesn't like apple puree so i gave up. I made mashed potato with carrot for her..but not so soon..when she is older.

babyturn:
u get to get your bb's every growth, nice! u are looking for a playgroup for your 3 mth old bb?

jingles:
my nanny so far "ok"...never seen any colors yet, ha. will continue to observe

jac:
i oso think a carrier is better than stroller, like u say, can "run" if ness. but i scare in the long run, my leg sole will feel pain, pain due to pressure carrying bb. but how many mths up to, can a bb use a carrier huh? i have never used a carrier b4.

i started all my bb from 7th mth onwards. started with rice cereal 1st then progress to puree vege/frults. i tried each for 3 days to see whether bb had allegy or not.

jkids, when I bought my carrier the salesperson say can use till bb 2-3yrs old (carry on the back instead of front). but I doubt I can tahan the weight la, esp my boy on the heavier side. think good for use till he 1yr old & can sit properly on the stroller. now he hates sitting on the stroller so got to carry him lo. thankfully got carrier else my arms will break. my knees & feets r suffering from too much carrying. but what to do?..

Back