(2011)Twin / multiple pregnancy

ferriswheel - i just did my DS scan today. The doc on duty did an immediate consult with me right after my scan.

Based on my result today I'm low risk. = )

hi JJ,

glad to hear tat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hmm... how many weeks were u when u do ur BT?

cos the nurse actually asked me to go BT on week 9 n scan on week 12 leh .. how come is so far apart?

hi ladies,

anybody got remedy for non stop flu..been having flu since i got preg 3 months ago..n on top of that im having alot of saliva forming..its really irritating..anybody have experiences such symptoms?..pls help if u can ya..

love

mega

Ferriswheel : I did my bloodtest at wk 9 and at wk 12 i did the DS scan. got result of 1:20 on the same day. I did aminocenteris test at wk 17 and result came back normal . results was only out at wk 19 .

now at 25 weeks

hi cincole, what makes you decide to do aminocenteris test? Did you do doppler test first? Also, any idea what cause your result to be 1:20? Was it due to your blood test or the neck fold? Sorry to ask so many questions as my result was initially 1:300+ and 1:220 but result improved to 1:10000 and 1:5000 after the doppler test and we decide not to proceed with aminocentries due to the risk involve

I think results of BT will only be shared during the next consultation session.

In my case, the doctor will scan and share the results with me.

Here's what I did so far:

Week 8: Blood test

Week 12: Scan the thickness of the skin behind my babies' necks

Week 20: Detailed FA scan

I was told as I'm expecting twins, I will be scanned once every month.

Mega: It's best you check with your doc for remedies for your flu.

kitty : i did the amino test cos by blood test and NT scan gave results of 1:20 and the chances of miscarriage for twin as a result of amino is 1:50. comparing the ratio and risk level if 1 twin has DS both will have as well as mine are identical twins.

my blood test failed terribly thus the poor results. did not do the doppler test. my amino was done by a very professional gynae. so i felt safe with him.

im at 25 weeks now and my scans are weekly at kkh as im just diagnosed with gestational diabetes. another hurdle for this pregnancy .

the doctors hope that i can hold the babies in me till mid dec.

Hi I had triplets and 3 electric baby sarong rockers for sale still in good condition as they're seldom used. Pls PM me if you're interested.

Pooh Bear - Since you do not accept PM msg I have to enquiry thru this channel

Able to pls describe more on this baby sarong rocker ? Is it those with the metal stand ?

hi ladies,

those whow have read my earlier posting would know that i was expexting quads after super ovulation iui...i went for featous reduction 2 weeks ago at NUH by Prof Biswas....it went fine. 2 babies have heartbeat n 2 dont..

im now 3mths preggie...prof biswas is indeed good and i have decided to continue wif him...anyone who has gone thru featos reduction and have deleivered succesfully..

and also may i know when would be able to know the sex of he babies?

Morning mommies , I am currently now at 27 weeks w twins . Considering to do csection on 20 dec . It's exactly 6 more weeks .

Megalai : I only know the gender at 19 weeks w twin boys as before the amino reseults were out , I think the doctors do not want me to know the gender .I did my amino test at 17 weeks due to high risk for DS detected at 2 weeks . 1:20 . Luckily babies are healthy and the amino test included testing for gender . Some of my friends know they are having boys at week 13 . But recently my friend at 17 weeks still can't confirm the gender due to the baby's position during the scan . Do keep us updated of your pregnancy process.

hi nicole...

nicole may i know how is ur pregnancy so far..hows ur morning sicknedd is a any? any vomitting?loss of appetite?

im asking cos im having a terrible time wif this babies...i cannot even keep anyting in me as im vomitting so bad..even drinking water will trigger vomitting..im feeling so weak that i cannot do my normal daily activities..haiz....

CONGRATS ON YOUR IMPENDING BIRTH OF YOUR LITTLE ANGELS DARLING..do keep me posted on how u went thru this phrase dear...

Megalai: I was vomitting badly from 8 weeks to 12 weeks . After that it stopped. It could be the follic acid or vit 6 pills I was eating then. I lost 5 kg at first trimester. After 12 weeks, doc prescribe multivitamins so it was better. My appetite was back and I was also gaining my weight back. My tummy ballooned very fast .

I'm at 27 weeks now and Edd on 8feb. Planning to c section on 20 dec at 33 weeks .But still have to listen to doc advice to finalize on the date.

The weeks will fly past and don't worry too

much. Stay happy. Don't drink Milo, vitagen and fruit juice. Eat real fruits for fiber . Drink HL milk .

It was not easy to get pregnant for me so I'm trying to stay positive . I'm shop for babies stuff to stay happy. Eat in small portions so try to keep the food down. Sometimes during pregnancy we tend to burp alot so with very full stomach the food might come up so the feeling of nausea. Try to eat small meals every 2-3 hours . 2 slice of Tuna whole meal bread and skim milk is good for a snack.

hi nicole,

thanks so much for ur sharing ur experience...its really helpful....

im trying to draw some positivity from u...i will b seeing my doc in 2 weeks time..but in the meantime im really really weak....really worried for the kids....dun tink they r getting food cos i puke everyting i eat..

haiz..i hope to come to ur stage soon...thanks nicole...;)

hi to all in thread

i'm 12 weeks pregs with identical twins

would like to ask if anyone might have seen twins breastfeeding pillow being retailed here in singapore? if yes, plse advise where.

thks

thks.

hi pandababe

congrats on ur identical twins babe....so its natural?

wif the twin breastfeeding pillow u can feed both babies at the same time?

megalai

thks - yes natural for me.

yes, with the twin breastfeeding pillow, u could attempt to nurse both at a time.

alt my husb's aunt told me she tried (although without a twin pillow) and told me its hard.

she used a normal breastfeeding pillow and i think it's hard with those as they are meant for 1 baby.

good luck with your pregnancy.

for those who are with dr biswas of NUH. may i ask is this the same dr biswas who does 12th week scans/FA scans/growth scans on the 3rd floor Kent Ridge Wing, Natal Centre?

i'm at gleneagles but my OB sends me to NUH for the detailed scans. i have been scanned by dr biswas (i think he is prof biswas).

i'm wondering if he might be the same dr biswas.

any idea??

to mummies who wld like to get a Maclaren Twin Techno for their babies: I have a grey one to let go at $600. its only been used for a grand total of 2 times. personally, i like it a lot cos its rather easy to maneuver though it may be a twin stroller. however, my mum insist on using single stroller so i have no choice but to switch. esp when she's the one who's helping me when we do go out. if you're interested, do PM me.

pandababe: on nursing pillows for twins, i was told that Mums n Babes sell My Brestfriend twin version. you could call them and check?

i personally use EZ-2-Nurse from Double Blessings. they can shipped it directly to you from their end. all in all, it cost me ard $190+ to do so but its totally worth it cos you'll get to comfortably tandem nurse both your babies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi pandababe;

yes i beleive ur refering to the 1 n only doc biswas at nuh..;)hes prof biswas at fetal care ctr at keng ring wing..

Hi mummies

Sorry to interrupt. I have the below item for sale below cost price:

brand new Clarins Body treatment oil (Hulie Tonic) bought it at Tangs for $80 with price tag on it now letting go at $55.

brand new Airflow Sleep Positioner from The First Years bought it at Kiddy Palace for $29.90 with price tag on it now letting go at $15

Please pm me if interested. Self collect at my place.

Hi Megalai,

me in the same situation as u... also did SOIUI, just found out yday that i had 4 sacs, 3 already developed heartbeat and the 4th one not yet.

Doc started to tell me a lot of things yday, but he said will see how in 2 weeks time...

now i'm feeling so mixed up... dunno how will i cope with mutiple pregnancy with a 17 mth old boy at the same time...

can't wait for 2 weeks later to see how the babies r doing...

Any mommies looking for infant car seats ? I have a few brand new ones at 69.90 each . Pls pm for details

Medela PISA backpack style for sale. Machine only, please get your own spare parts from

Robinsons/ BP/Sprees. Hygiene is most impt

Bought last jan n used for 3 months around 1-2 times a day cuz had 2 pumps (at work n at hm).

Pm me or SMS at 97322389 with a fair offer.

hi ljg mimi,

ok ok well lets c wat the doc says in 2 weeks time ya..btw u did ur iui at which place? its a stressfull time...lets c what the doc advices u okies.....i know exactly wat ur gg thru darls...update us in 2 weeks time ya..;)

lov mega

Hi i'm new here,24wks pregnant with MC twins...am now seeing Dr Loh @ KKH. Can share what's the approximate bill size for delivery of twins? Am worried as now seeing gynae at the private suite,the delivery charge will be ex...is it double the delivery charge for twins?

hi iqaera, im also having MC twins @ KKH .30 weeks currently.

delivery charge is the same for twins. but after delivery the babies stay is individual charges.

im referred to ADC checkup since 12 weeks so i need to see my own gynae and ADC scan every 2 weeks since .

The long the babies stay in us the babies do not have to be in nicu .

im going for my checkup again tomorrow

good luck in everyone's pregnancy.

Hey thnx cnicole..have you registered at the admissions office and booked a maternity package? I went to the admissions office just now to find out more and the lady informed if i want dr loh to handle my delivery,i'll have to take B1 or A1...hope everything goes well for u too n do update after u've safely delivered alright..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yah. Have to take b1 for the delivery and babies will have to follow our class ward . If babies stay longer due to premature can choose to downgrade to c class after delivery .

hi nicole, can I ask how come they have decided your csection date.im 26 weeks with twins, yet the dr have not mention it to me.

hi mommies & daddies

please do cast a vote for my little girl if you have a minute.

thank you so much for your kindest support

she is on page 1, Rice Lauren Xinru, 3 years old

to help vote please click here - http://www.lokimedia.com.my/gapcastingcall/

then choose "Singapore"

thank you once again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fauziana: I chose 20 dec for 33 weeks. But this idea was rejected by my gynae . He said earliest is 36 weeks on 11 Jan 11 Instead .

I am now 31 weeks w a 51 inches big belly . I can hardly turn in bed now .I'm on leave from this week. Last Sunday , I went out for the whole afternoon and my back was aching so much at night from the walk .

My feet has started to swell this week like pig trotter. Water retention has kicked in .

All mummes , pls take care and rest more .

Hi mummies , I'm 32 weeks today . Babies are about 1.5 kg each . I'm going for my appt this Friday. Can see my babaies then .

Cnicole - Congrats on reaching 32wks !!

Good luck on yr scan.

Me now 20wk there about. Expecting 1girl & 1boy.

My doc tell me to tahan till 35wks, I'm also prescribed meds to prevent pre-term labour

JJ: it's so nice to be expecting 1 girl 1 boy . my babies are 2 boys .

I'm now planning to deliver 1st week Jan if possible .

Dear mummies, I am providing Weekend Chauffuer Service in a luxury 8 seaters MPV. Will be driven by myself. I can send your family to a location comfortably. Car seat and booster seat available for kid and baby. Pls sms me @ 90990650 or email me [email protected] to learn more. Limited slots available in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011.

Hey mummies,

im from dec 2010 thread.

im consolidating orders for raspberry leaves tea which aids in a smooth delivery and breastfeeding, also helps in digestion and water retention. esp good for pregnant women with big swollen feet. i drink it continuously for 5 days and my swollen feet really went down alot! its recommended that we take 2-3 cups each day. these raspberry leaves tea are organic and are selling at $9.50 outside. i can get it at $8.00 (60g) which can make bout 30 cups... if ure interested pls email me at [email protected]

thx!

hi mummies,

i've a My brest friend twins nursing pillow to sell. condition very lightly used and comes with the plastic packaging still. was very helpful in tandem feeding my twins especially at the hospital, which was great in establishing milk supply. now i feed my twins individually most of the time and would like to let it go. any keen mummies please PM me!

Hi mummies ,

I reached 34 weeks . Going for my check up tonight .

I wasn't a good girl and went shopping at Ikea and giant today for hours . Totally regreted it now . My backache is so terrible . I can't get to sleep and dear hubby is snoring beside me .

I just want to share that please do ur shopping for baby stuff early before 30 weeks coz after 30 weeks u need to take mni steps each time u stand up from chair . My legs can only move 15 Cm each step . I will take me longer to get to the toilet . I still make about 3 toilet trips each night. My pride is stopping me to ask hubby to get a potty. Many times hubby have to hold me to walk to the toilet .

Bata shoes have this flats which I find very comfortable . It comes in blue or pink flowers . Coz about $30. It Velcro stripes . So if your feet swell like mine you can loossen the Velcro . Very good for pregnant ladies .

If all goes well, I hope to pop on 6 Jan . But the lower abdominal pain I'm feeling keeps reminding me that I might pop the next minute. My Sis is scaring me that the pain might be dilation starting . I told her if I start to dilate I will call the ambulance straight . I always make sure my phone has battery now .

My maid that just came in for 3 weeks is helping me to pack the house as we are moving to MIL place for a year. Luckily I have no problems with the maid now .

Oh yah , I do experience heartburn so when u feel very hot around your throat area , sit up straight instead of lying down. A few burps should clear the uneasy feeling . Else do prepare coke zero so it cools down the burning feeling in the throat and aids burping . According to my dietrician from kkh , coke zero is fine for pregnancy. Do not take fruit juice as it has high sugar contain. I take fruits every day. I stock up red apples .

I m exactly 29 wks today and had to be warded due to preterm contractions..the docs wont discharge me coz my contractions are once every 10 mins but cervix not opened yet. But all those contractions are painless...I've had my steroid injections already but if contractions still persists,it looks like i will still be hospitalized..:-(

Back