(2011 ) TTC for #2 BB

*waving!

hi hi, i just started to TTC for #2 as well

#1 is currently 41mths [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Last AF was on 4th Oct and till now no news yet.. tested tis morning and BFN (admit not working hard enough and just stop withdrawal method only) so nt surprised didnt strike though [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and i suspected my PCO (polycystic ovaries) is back after i stopped pills.. haywired cycle for AF..

Hi mei2,

Welcome!

PrinceSSy,

Wah your X colleague quite insensitive leh. Plus ke lian for losing her twins must be traumatic for her... I dun really pantang but since I know about it I try to practice it. Cos if anything happens, I think you will not only be sad for losing the child but may even think that u shld have pantang n maybe things won't have happened... :p

awbb,

Did you continue testing using the OPK after you hit positive?

Typically, my LH surge goes on for about 2 tests before it turns negative... Same when I tested 2 years ago while trying for my 1st child.

On the assumption that a positive test results in ovulation within the next 24 to 48 hours. Sperms can only last 24 hrs... So if o is 48 hrs, sperms already koyak liao by the time u o. ;p Not forgetting that if your v enviornment is acidic, most sperms get "zapped" before they can reach the egg...

piggywiggy (piggywiggy)

Sorry for the late reply.. my gal was down with HFMD.. haiz.

Yes, I did another test the next day but the result is negative. Another another two weeks more, I will know the gender of my baby..

PrinceSSy (mayelynn)

Of cos if my 2nd baby is a gal, I will love her too and a healthy baby is the most important. But then, u will tend to hear remarks like, Oh gal again har..nvm try again lor. sickening leh

Cat

yah i know! v sickening hor. i can imagine if i hv another boy, pple gonna ask me that too. but it's ok. it's our lives and nobody has the right to affect ur mood!

i heard of this lady who has 4 girls... and someone went to ask her are you having a fifth one to try for a boy? and her reply was "who said i wanted a boy??" --and she walks off.

T.T"

Piggywiggy,

I heard opk wouldn't work for pple with pcos. Cos of the condition very often the opk with keep showing +.

For ur case, meaning this cycle ur had a chemical preg. N ur dr advice u to try a mth following next mth izzit. Hmmmm I dint heard tt from my fren who has got chemical preg before leh..

Awbb,

there's actually factors leading to it I guess. Eg. Even tot if we go for v check n dr said everything is fine, doesn't mean our egg for developing well every mth. As for guys ... The same..So even tot we hv a big fat egg this mth, if dh s not in good condition also useless ma. So for couple would doesn't hv much complication I guess it's also depending on luck whether both good condition egg n sperms get to meet at the right time.. . Apart from that, the most challenging part is hw we take the stress... both me n my sil were trying for bb.. N happened we arranges a family holiday trip.. Amazingly both of us strike the following mth after the trip. Our kids r onli a week old apart n nw when they r together they looks like twins.. Heehee..so I guess we need to learn hw to lower our stress level.

Oh ya talking abt BBT ... I gave up tracking after 3 mths finding tt I m stressing myself too much.. Then I concentrate on checking my cm n using opk.. They r more then enough to me.

hmmm I didnt know that after chemical we need to rest 1 month. The month before I've a chemical, this is self-assessment, I didnt go the the gynae. I've tested BFP for 2 days after my AF is due then few days later my AF reported and I noted that I've blood clots flowing out.

Stress is a killer. Let's all be relax and BFP soon.

mayelynn

hahaha... that was a good one. I will never ask someone that kind of qns. My hubby often told me that baby is blessing to us as there is so many pple out there who try for so mnany years for just one baby. But then, I just dislike to hear those kind of comments. Especially my aunt, if you are having a boy, u are like very lucky.. sickening leh. But most of the time, I feel that is our daughter who are closer to us.(hehe, cos we always tend to be closer to our parent hor).

Hi..hi..i hav done my pre-chkup this morning, feeling happy cos i hav make a right choice to visit my gynae on my CD16 today (originally wanted to go on CD9). My gynae managed to see one of my eggs is growing up and it's abt 17mm now and he told me that i hav not ovulate yet. He added tat the egg hav to growing to at least 25mm, luckily i remember to ask him how long it will take then he said about 4 days later. Haa..then i can be more relax today, tomorrow, Mon & Tues but hav to "work hard" on Wed lor! :)

Before scan my V, he ask me wat is my pblm and ask me go back and try again as he said normally there will not have difficulty to have next baby again once we hav the 1st one. He also ask me whether i hav any pblm with my 1st prenancy...(当时我心里在想如果是酱容易的话,今天我可能就不该出现在你面前要请你帮忙咯!)one thing he did mentioned is abt my weight, he said it may due to my weight also as last time i was only 55kg but now had gained to 65kgs..haiz...i also don't wish to be "fat" mah, but realy don't knw why realy can't slim dwn back to my previous size after giv birth :-(

very sad!

why my clomid is so expensive har? 5 pcs only at S$10, is tis same as yrs? but luckily i only paid S$100 for my checkup today (papsmear + Vscan + consulatation) very much cheaper than other i think :)

emilybaby...relax & jia you leh...hope to hear good news from u very soon..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

emilybaby,

Wah... it's not a wasted trip! : ) Like tat you can start "empty"-ing to prepare liao... Sounds like good news is on the way! :p

Annissasim,

Thanks for the link, that was very imformative...

Snowger, ya, i realy hope so..

but hor i tested OPK this morning, it's positive already (both lines same color),i also tested BBT, CD15:35.9, CD16:35.9, CD17 (today)is 35.8...is it very funny har?(actually i only started BBT on CD15.) I told my dh tat don't knw whether we should BD today or not???? bcos I prefer him to keep his "energy" on the correct timing..

Hi Emily

hmmmm so ur gynae told u the egg will 'ripen' 4 days later. so does that mean 4 days later is the end of the ovulation? if egg is already there then means u've already ovulated right? so what's the definition of ovulation? do the opk test positive when egg comes out or positive when the egg is 'ripe'?

btw not true that if have 1st child then no problem hvg 2nd. my gynae said alot of pple face this problem, have 1st child without much problem but 2nd child got difficulty. so it's common.

Wah reading your posts make me feel guilty. I never test opk cos I dun O on my own n need help from clomid. So what I did for 1st preggy is to BD alternate days till I went to gynae n she confirm I O. This month I will be trying that method as well. Sigh, my last 2 cycles with clomid also not very regular . Dun know what is wrong inside.

Pink piglet: I also managed to conceive when I was on holiday!! Really agree that stress is an impt factor in TTC.

Hi!mayelynn, after i saw yr question then i realized tat why i so careless cos did't ask my gynae abt tis? So sorry i can't giv u any answer. Actually for wat i can understand from my gynae is the egg will be reach to 25mm on 4 days later and then the egg will be release out from my ovary. Based on my previous O record, so i personaly think tat this will be my exact moment to try harder. I noticed tat this two days i hav CM (like eggs white) and my temperature is 36.4 this morning.my english is not so gd, so hope tat u can understand wat i tring to say :)

Hello ladies,

Ya lor i went online to search abt chemical pregnancy, though i knew abt it beforehand. i know my cycle very well so when I went to the gynae at 4wks 6 days to scan (cos i was spotting) he said he can't see anything, i immediately knew this cycle gone liao. haizz.. i read that most ppl won't even know that they had a chem preg unless they tested and they just continue to TTC. I dunno why i must wait lor.

The only thing i m worried abt is that if i dun follow my gynae's advice and i strike and mc again, then i have nobody to blame for myself. I very very sian.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Pink Piglet, yups PCOS women will have harder time to track their ovulation date.. my chem preg was last cycle.. then bleed, then this cycle cannot try. must wait for one more bleed before i can TTC. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i do BBT cos i have the excuse to slp in another 1 min while waiting for thermometer to beep. Why stress leh? i record my readings online so that service does the tracking for me.

Anissa, ya this bleed had a lot of clots.. YUCKS.. but period was lighter but longer though.. sorry to hear abt ur chem preg.. i felt really lousy abt it.. no matter what, a preg is a preg whether chemical or not.

Emilybaby, i recommend u BD ASAP! hehe.. OPK tells u that ur luteinising hormone has surged, meaning ovulation is going to happen in the next 24-48hrs. actually it seems like u have O-ed already, based on ur temp increase (u need 3 days of sustained increase to confirm ovulation). I personally feel that ultrasounds might not be accurate as it depends on how the gynae maneuver the ultrasound wand.

Piggywiggy,

Stress cos After doing somany to track o,, still no news .. More over BBT is required to b taken same time everyday.. So even on weekends I must make sure I wake up the same timing for the test..

Btw, anyone have any idea if we fall sick between o to AF due date will affect chances of pregnancy bo? Hai.. I down with fever n headache now eh.. Sianz.

>piggywiggy, hee..hee..i hav decided to "start" tonite. i tested OPK this morning at 11.30am, both line still same color, i also tested just now at abt 8pm, tis time the test line is more darker than the control line..anyway thks for yr reminder,i hope tat it's not too late to catch the egg :p

Dorakid

er i think there's no diff. according to the clearblue test kit instructions, as long as the test line is equal or darker than the control line, it means u gonna ovulate in the next 24-48 hours.

Emily

haha its ok lar..let's leave it to fate bcoz we've done what ever we can to get a BFP hee... if u have EWCM, then its a good sign. u shd start bd le!

AW_BBGab (awbb)

u knw, actually my gynae didnt kind of discouraged me from using opk. she says its not accurate. i dunno why. maybe becoz it doesnt work on women with PCOS. i heard women who hv PCOS can have positive opk all the time one.

PCOS is diagnosed by gynae only right? any symptoms? or we must go gynae to check then will know? if i dont strike this mth, i think i might hv pcos. coz im already on clomid and not even sure if it works on me, although my my AF became very regular! and i like it to be regular and predictable!

Gd morning!

Pink Piglet, i see.. but aft taking our BBT, u roughly will know the length of ur luteal phase, the rough days of when u will O no? I do that for fun.. haha.. on wkends i just set the alarm, stick the thermometer in when it rings and go back to slp aft that. For me i realised that my EWCM comes one or 2 days before I get a +ve OPK. My temp usually increase 2 days aft +ve OPK.. i m obsessed hor?

Sorry to hear that u aren't feeling well. I'm not sure if it will affect ur chances. Have read success cases even though they fell sick during the 2WW period. Good luck!

Emily, happy BD-ing!! hehe.. how's ur temp today?

PrinceSSy, one of the most telling signs of PCOS is extremely long (>35 days) or short periods.. Yes, it can only be diagnosed by doc, using an ultrasound to check ur ovaries. Another thing is that u become hairier and hairier! that's becos the unreleased eggs degenerate to release testosterone (the male hormone). It could be possible that u are not ovulating (anovulatary cycle).. nothing to do with PCOS. do u have +ve OPKs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsutism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anovulation

emilybaby (emily1079)

Hope to hear good news from you very soon leh..

hehe[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Princessy: u also on clomid?? Any side effects?? I hate it before getting AF cos the symptoms exactly like as if I am preggy. So now I don't trust all those signs anymore.

I didn't know that we can get positive opk leh. Mine is diagnosed by gynae n my signs super obvious cos my af can go Mia m only come 2 x a year. Save on pads [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hihi ladies,

Can i join as well? Have just started trying for #2, we have a bb boy coming to 1yr next week. =) Hopefully can get a bb gal next yr.

I have a question, my menses came on 27Oct, We BD on 08 & 09Nov, but i have spotting on 12 & 13Nov, is it normal, i read from internet that it is called ovulation bleeding or implantation bleeding. So am i pregnant? Really restless these days, can't sleep & feel like puking. Is it too early to tell? Please advise. Thank you so much.

>Dorakid, I think PrinceSSy has answer yr question liao 

>PrinceSSy, haa..haa..i started last nite le, but dh can’t performance well cos affected by my #1 loh, she is very naughty and crying cos her leg stuck inside the hole of the baby cot, so a little bit sad :-( I told dh tat maybe we can try again tonite

>piggywiggy, my temp is 36.2 tis morning, is it normal? I tested OPK at 12 nn, now the test line is little bit lighter than the control line already

>Catherine, actually I have no “confidence” for tis cycle liao cos ny dh can't performance well,anyway will still try my best! :)

piggywiggy,

hehee not obsessed lah..many TTC moms are doing that.. maybe partly i more or less know my pattern liao so lazy also this time round and I dont wanna stress myself like 1st one.

Ya I also usually have EWCM 2 days b4 OPK gets +, so I still monitor it as and indication lo.. and my DPO is 15 days, so once i see OPK +, and I will count down hoping AF wont come on 16days. kekeke

PrinceSSy,

I also heard OPK wont work for pple w PCOS. Maybe thats why ur gynae dont advise u to use them?

Did your gynae said u have PCOS. u may wanna clarify that.

Canopy,

How long is your cycle? But on ave, most ladies O around Day 14, so base one the date u BD i tink chances of preggy is pretty high, but not really sure if one will get implantating spotting that early..Its also too early to have nausea now. last time my gynae told me most pple wont have it at early stage, ave probably from 8-9 weeks onwards.

I it still varies from individual... if these is sometime unsual, it could b a good sign for u.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pink : thanks, mine cycle is not very accurate, normal around 30days. I BD before O day so that can have a bb gal. Can u explain what is implantation spotting? Cos from what i have read in the net, it should be 6-10days after Ovulation. Or can it be ovulation bleeding? Do u think high chance of gettign pregnant?

emilybaby,

Dun worry too much, can always try again. I got preg only on my 2nd try. In fact, I thought I was not pregnant and I even told my hubby that if after this try, still dun have then we take a rest 1st hor. Who knows, I strike the jackpot. haha. In fact, I always wanted one child only. But my friends keep telling me that one child very lonely...etc..

Hi! Catherine, thks. you already pregnant #2 now? Gongxi gongxi! how many weeks le? Ya, i also think tat one child only will be very lonely, actually my dh prefer to hav 3 child if we can..hee..hee..i like baby girl, girl will be more 体贴 hor..like my daughter now :p

Canopy,

if I m not wrong when fertilized egg tries to get implanted. It may cause the outer layer of the uterus- (the layer of blood clot layer that is prepared for possible pregnancy) to wear abit. Which sometimes some pple will experience some spotting.. As for when will we experience the spotting I lost touched Liao. Forgotten kekeke..

As for the chances hor really depends lo to me. Sometimes gynae may scan n said egg r good dh sperms r good but doesn't mean will strike.. There's many factors that may influence our chances leh.. To me it depends alot on luck also. Like striking 4D! :p

wish u luck!

sigh, talking abt bbt, i realised my temperature kind of dropped to the cover line this morning. i think no chance liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] If like what some of hte mummies here analysed for me, i O on the 16 of nov, then i can test 14 days after this right? that shd be this sunday right? left 5 more days to testing.

Piggy

thanks for the info. maybe i dont have PCOS, my gynae didnt say anything much. she just said maybe i am not ovulating. however, my periods are regular comes every mth but sometimes can be very long cycles maybe 40 over days kind of cycle can happen 2-3 times a year. other than that, seems normal leh. No i'm not hairy hahaaha so maybe like u said, im just not ovulating. i got a positive on opk this mth.

AW_BBGab (awbb)

yes i hv been on clomid the last 3 mths. its very powerful in regulating menses for me. but yes, i have rather bad side effects especially in the 1st mth that i took it. i was so giddy everyday (during the 2ww) in office i had to go home early sometimes.. once i even vomitted when i reached home. v kua zhang. and i tot i strike liao but no leh. then i read up and realised actually clomid got side effects. however this is the 3rd mth taking it and i find the side effects kinda got better leh.

Princessy,

why u said no chance this mth? U dint bd around o? Btw on ave usually DPO IS 14 days. For mr I don't trace my BBT so I base on the date I see opk + till AF. it's 15 days for me. From wt I kw this won't change one the most is 1 day different. I used to monitor them I my 1st pregancy v zhun. So that time on the 15th days when my AF. Still dint report I suspect I strike le.

I also experience haywired menses like urs. There's sometime when I guess I dint o too n menses can last around 40 over days. I preg w my gal on my 2nd round of clomid. I guess it does helps regulate our menses n improve the egg develpment. So I thinking of considering clomid If I still don't strike in Jan 2011 lo.

But unlike u I don't really face any sign effect after using clomid. N I don't really hv much sign in my early pregnancy too.

Awbb, I am in!!!!

Rest of the mummies, helo helo!

Factory reopened for production, haha.

I am also trying for no #2.. isit so hard to try for no 2??

Sian leh like this.. Think AF is coming liao, can sense it.. Mission fail for this month [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ooooh so many post in recent days... I haven been able to follow...

Me finally going to try starting this cycle... Hopefully the wait will not be too long! ;p I am still struggling about the ancient chinese calander leh... Wonder if I should trust it or not. Cos my fertile period hangs between the 10th and 11th lunar month. 10th lunar is gal and 11th lunar is boi!!! Haha...

Hello babes, i'm back again. This month is the 3rd month I've missed my menses. First 2 months tested -ve. I started spotting yesterday, but i doubt it is implantation bleeding, ley. Is it possible to still ovulate and den be pregnant even though menses is irregular?

Canopy, have u tested yet?

So much were discussed on why no.2 is difficult as compared to no.1. I think we are too "smart" for no.2 that in the end we got back-fired.

I remembered I never do anything for no.1, just BD ONCE based on the online calendar and striked on 3rd cycle. For no.2, I did BBT charting, OPK, TCM, oyster eating, EPO, blah blah blah.... mission still failed.

OPK strip (less than $1) - only consider as positive when it is same or darker than the control line. Best to test between 11am to 8pm.

OPK clearblue - works on different logic and best to test on 1st urine.

I'm using the Clearblue monitor, though I see 1 line but is interpreted as high fertility. They had work on a different intepretation.

Starrz,

welcome here..me too starts seeing AF signs liao..i think no chance too..

snowger,

I calculated for my cousin and friends using the chinese calculator, but both bueh "Zun" leh.. I calculate the one for my no 1 is accurate. so i think may not be accurate one..cos the chances of accuracy is 50 % gal and 50% boy ma, so 50% will show accuracy leh..

Annissa,

Do you meant u miss for menses for 3 mths? for you referring having irrgular menses for 3 rounds?

I think having irregular menses may still stand chance of pregnancy provided you ovulate. however the problem is its not easy for you to track your O date. so you need to track longer and waste up more OPK strips.

emilybaby,

yup, me already 20weeks liao..next week will be my detail scan. I know only child will be very lonely. But everytime thought of have to restart everything again.abit sianz & tired. Breastfeeding alone already very tiring liao.

My hubby also hope to have 3 kids, if we can handle lor. I agreed with u that girl r more 体贴..

Pink Piglet.. That would be me, not Annissa.. hahaha. I missed my menses for 3 months already. Before this i've always been regular.

I had episodes of white discharge for the 1st 2 months though.. but didnt try the OPK strips to confirm whether ovulating.

Im trying to take it easy and not get too stressed up. yet. :p

Humz,

Oh sorry sorry..got mixed up..kekeke.. Oic, so its delay of AF ah..sianz hor.. last time i use to experience it..and lasted almost 4 mths, so i went to normal clinic to induce mense.. cos I dont know hw long do i need to wait somemore, i rather restart and can TTC again lo.

Then I tried to take Bai Feng Yuan cos its supposed to help regulate our menses, but i kinda heard some pple commenting that it will cause low chance of pregnancy as its helps to regulate mense, so if we take and AF keep reporting how to get preg lo.. I tot its kinda make sense and i stop taking leh..

It onyl after I tried clomid, and strike 2nd round, not sure if it is the one that helps in my pregnancy lo.

having white discharge for last two months.. no idea is that consider good.. Think in chinese they call "bai dai", which normally they consider that as no good. but ang mo not quite sure do they consider them as our normal cm??

actually I felt that OPK is one of the easiest way to detech O, hence you may wanna try.Actually i tot the best time to test using OPK strips is within 10am - 12pm. best not after meal, cause by then we may have drank alot of fluid which may affect the test result, as for Clearblue, its suppose to be able to give accurate result at anytime.

So ladt time for no 1, I will normally use normal opk strip 1st, test till i see positive then i use clearblue to confirm. so far no problem w the reading. so far both readings tally.

Back