(2011 ) TTC for #2 BB

Born in the Chinese 7 mth or?? Ehh all of u qns, when u gals intro cow milk to your baby huh???

Emily: after quit u will find new job or??

awbb, yes Chinese 7th mths (中元节).

yes, i'll look for a new job after quit. If not, will be very tough in S'pore if only got one person's income for a family, unless my dh can earn alot of $$$$ lah,then i can be shao nai nai at home lor..haa,,haa,,,i think hav to wait long long then hav tis chance :p

Morning mummies!

Talking of gynae checks, for me just nice we had scheduled 1 last yr after birth, n I be going this fri..hopefully all will be ok, n I can start my plan for yr end #2! (hopefully boy!)

hahaha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ladies,

Would like to join in. TTC for first month but missed ovulation I think.. Would like for a boy for no2 so must be as near to ovulation as possible.

Seems a few of us are trying for a boy so let's work hard together.

Hi Ladies!

Would like to join in too :D Wanted to try for a bunny baby since a few months ago, but i'm stuck with the cervarix vaccine.. left last jab to go.

Gynae advised to finish all the jab before i TTC [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My last jab will be this ard mid of nov! Yippie! can start opening my factory hahaha!.

I have a girl who just turned 13 months yesterday. Hopefully i'll have another girl again! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So that these 2 girls can play together [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] like play masak masak... really hope my wish will come true [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

*babydust to all!!*

Emily: aiyoh sekali strike toto leh....wah let me win 1 million I also happy hahahahaha! Aiyah being SAHM also got stress. Face baby everyday. N also your circle become so much smaller....sigh!

Cjdg: definitely things will be fine!! Update us after the visit k!!

Dorakid: some ppl say food also influence gernder leh.

PY: u have 13 mth bb??? Me too!!! Mine born oct 8 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

PY: was supposed to be born in nov but he came early. Shock of my life LOL . I'm not in oct thread.

hi all!

can i join in too?

i been ttc-ing for 1 year already also no luck. this is my second one.. first one had no problems, conceived in 5 mths after ttc-ing. i went to my gynae for a routine check and told her i wanna try for my first. then she scanned and told me that there was a v big egg.. must go home and bd. so then i did and i striked.

no such luck for my second one tho, although must admit i didnt really try very hard and seems the few times that i BD were on the wrong dates. hee... but this month, i whip out everything already. im on clomid, plus monitoring my bbt and also using the clearblue digital ovulation kit. so if this month still dont strike then something is wrong with me, must go back to gynae liao.

btw i got a smiley face aka positive on the opk this morning. so happy! heard fr a few of my colleagues that they got smiley face and bd only on that day then strike liao! hopefully i can be so lucky too.. anybody has the same experience to share w me? is the clearblue opk really that zhun?!

i want a bb rabbit girl.

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this thread (but I'm in the TTC 2011 thread, though I rarely post).

I'm TTC #2 and my #1 just turned 1 year old last week. My menses just returned in Oct after I stopped breastfeeding, so I'm probably into my 2nd month of TTC.

Wish all the mummies on this thread lots of baby dust and a great week ahead! =)

Wah so many posts, read until I *___* liao... Anyway someone ask me where I did the "egg" scan? That was my TTC days, I started off at SGH, the egg scan was part of the ovulation monitoring service which the gynae put me up for. Not bad lar pay $100+ for the service (excluding other gynae consultation n tests) n hit jackpot. :p

Pantangs on 7th month:

I was born in the 7th month leh... But I think life so far has been good to me. No complains lar (maybe cos I am the happy go lucky sort). Can't ask for more if you have doting parents/hubby and is gainfully employed eh? :p

AWbb,

Cos if BFing, usually won't TIO one... cos BF is natural conception (up to 80% ++).

wow... looks like there are many things to look out for for successful TTC!

I know next to nothing with regards to all these things to monitor! I was lucky to get my #1 just a few months after TTC w/o monitoring cycle, etc.. hope #2 will be the same!

aw... i'm actually dilemma whether to wish for boy/girl, cos my girl has SOOO many clothes, so will be good if #2 is girl and they can share clothes/toys and play tog. but I will also want to have a boy too!

but think so much also no use! not within our control! =p

Hi all ladies here..

cjdg: I am wishing for another boy for reason like yours.. Too many clothes and hope someone can take over.. haha.. can save some $$ also..

Even more things to buy for bb girl..

btw, i am confused over the July and 7th month..

So i suppose the chinese 7th month will fall in the english calendar of August huh? Tink i posted earlier wrongly to state July.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

hey, saw a few familiar nicks from the TTC 2011 thread. I also here for no.2. Total agreed that no.1 is as easy as ABC (I striked by 3rd cycles without any form of tracking) while no.2 is like so far fetch!!!

Me just changed job but TTC plan will be business as usual as I believe a good company will be with you through thick and thin.

TCM is not miracle, need some time to see result. I'll take my break from TCM while HB continue his treatment.

Ck & cjdg

i am so totally opp of you girls! i want a girl pls.. 1st one already boy, i dont want another boy, i will go crazy ler!!

and i also wish for a girl so that i can buy many many nice girly stuff for her! im so gonna dote on her.

somehow i feel the more i want a ger, the more i will tio boy.. so sianz...

but of coz i also tell myself, babies are a blessing so if boy or girl i also happy. although i DO have a preference. :D

Hi maelynn,

Nice to c u here! U fr e dec 08 thread too? I would love to have a boi thou hb say ger he oso like cos he hopes all e kids will adore him loads n stick to him like glue! ;p

Annissa,

I oso praying tat I dun need to wait so long to get a baby leh... Can only hope cos my first was assisted... Pin pt ovulation then do one...

hi maureen

yea yea nice to see u here too. yes me fr dec08 thread. our babies turning 2 soon yah.. and seems like so many mummies are alrdy hvg 2nd one. wonder when's our turn!

seems like i am like u too.. first one was assisted by gynae. ur gynae scanned you and so happened u were ovulating?

btw ladies,

i used opk and tested positive on sunday and monday. before that my bbt was 36.3 everyday from cd2-15 then it dropped to 36.1 on cd16. this morning(cd17) i checked it was 36.6. so does this mean O is over? can stop trying right?

for my charting, when did O happen? anyone knows??

Mayelynn, from what I see, you've ovulated on CD16 night. You can still try today as egg may survive 24 hours after releeased.

mayelynn,

No lar... I went for this thing called the ovulation monitoring at SGH. So aft mens make appt to go down to do the "detailed" scan. Close to the ovulation period, the nurse will scan the ovary to see if the eggs are big enuf. Well, the nurse spotted and told me on left side, likely to hatch.

Sent me home with some ovulation test kits, teach me how to use. Then tell me to BD when the ovulation test kit is positive. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If the test kits NEVER turn positive at all (aft finish using all), to go back for review... ;p

mayelynn,

The possiblity of boi is higher... But then again, cannot gurantee lar... Just try lor, if got boi can share ur first boi's toys and clothes leh... :p

If wan Ger, try to do 2 days before ovulation... ;p

Maureen

wow not bad leh sgh... maybe i shd try that in the next cycle if i fail again this time. 100 plus right u said? quite worth it wat coz buy the clearblue digital opk is already 70 plus.

yah want girl must bd 2 days b4 but hard to time the ovulation... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

nvm la get BFP first then come and hope for girl heee...

I've extra Clearblue Digital OPK from US, letting go at $90 per box of 21 sticks. Singapore is selling $70+ for 7 sticks. Please PM me if you are keen. Thanks.

wow, think i am hearing some tips on getting the gender! can smone tell me how to get a boy?

I agree girl can dress up! I have bought LOTS of things for my girl! hairband, hairclips, stockings, socks, dress, blah blah blah... that's why if #2 is girl, my investment more worth it! haha..

but if #2 is boy, can close shop after that, easier leh!

err, can someone pls enlighten what is opk? what does it do?

Greetings from BINTAN!!!

Wah! Suddenly so many posts!

Regards to gender ah, I of cos prefer gal. One boy n one gal then close shop le. But dunno got this heng or not. Dun wanna time my BD, I will just hoot! Time BD super stress leh.

Sweetypea: huat Liao must give us bb dust k!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hahaahahahah AW_BBGab i really hope i can huat and give u all the bb dust wor!

cjdg

opk is ovulation predictor kit or ovulation test kit, all the same la. it's is for detecting LH surge. it works like a pregnancy test kit and usually turns positive 2 days or 48hours before ur ovulation starts so u can bd in time.

if u wan a boy, u shd bd on the o day itself bcoz the boy spermies swim faster but hv shorter life spans. so if you want a girl u must bd 2 days before your O so that by the time u O, only girl spermies are left to fertilise the egg.

i also wanna close shop if i have a girl. if i have a boy i will be really in a dilema whether to have another one. can u imagine 3 boys?? omg!! plus hubby, i have to face 4 boys for the rest of my life!

btw sweetypea is also me! was testing my new nick.

the nick i wanted to create was supposed to be sweetpea, but i did a typo and it became sweatpea! so sad! my hubby laughed and laughed at me.

so decided to use back my old nick!

Ah... Thanks for e explanation, mayelynn! So now I know can try to aim for boy already! Ya,I can understand ur dilemma,cos I oso will think if want to try for 3rd one or not! Not cheap to raise kids leh..

Awbb,u got a point too! Time BD does seem abit stress!

Princessy: LOL u very funny leh, Nick become sweatpea hoho! I wan my BB DUST!!!! * AW holding a pail *

Cjdg: sigh ya raising kids so ex!!!! I see my parents 50+ still working to survive, kept me thinking whether I will be the same. Is this what life is supposed to be?? Work until die???

Also, nowadays youngsters create so much problems. Really worried about my son, hope he will not mix with bad company. I feel for the mum who lost her son bcos of the fight at downtown east. 19 yrs raising him n that's it.

That's why now I cherish all the wonderful moments with my bb cos I know one day he will not depend so much on me Liao. Think I will be lost for that moment.

hi all! am new here. have been reading motherhood threads but never join in. just curious, may i know is it "pantang" to reveal pregnancy here in motherhood even b4 3 mth pregnant? thks!

Blessed

frankly, about this pantang thing, i feel that it's just an old wife's tale. i like to think that pregnancy in the first 3 mths pregnancy is not stable and there is a chance you might lose baby. hence in the olden days, it is just an excuse becoz if they did tell everyone else and if something happens, they have to explain all over on why bb is lost. so they use the word Pantang or baby sensitive blah blah.. coz they not very educated mah. so this gets passed down generations while nobody really knows why.

For me, i prefer to ask myself if i am willing to face the consequences of having to explain to everybody if baby is lost. Consequences: some people may have 'face' issue or u may be so upset u dont want people to keep asking u.

i will not announce to everyone(friends) if its me bcoz i know i will not be able to handle so many pple asking me abt the mc. but on motherhood, it is where u get all the support u need when something happens! so i guess it shd be ok to me bah. moreover if i cannot handle it, i just dont come in to the forum any more lor..

this is just how i think la..

hi ladies,

i hv been ttc#2 for almost 2 years. My 1st one came so easily. Strike after 1 try. Now he is coming 4 years old. After ttc 8 mths, I seek help from my gynae. Took clomid for few cycles as I do not ovulate regularly. But still no news. Tis year consulted fertility doc. My hub and I did a series of fertility test. Result was ok. My fertility doc suggested we start on IUI with clomid since i am able to ovulate with clomid. Did my 2nd IUI on Monday so I m currently in dpiui2. Hopefully I will be granted with a bunny baby : ) Wish me luck.

Mayelynn, totally understand what you've shared about M/C then have to explain. I went through that early Jun. I'm patang, I never share but due to the long absence from work 2+ weeks, many suspected and asked why never see my tummy big.

Annissaim/Mayelynn,

I would find it hard to deal if everyone ard me ask me how the bb is aft m/c. So I only tell my immediate family like my sisters, grandmother and parents (share the joy u know). Most of my friend were not aware until I posted pictures of the detailed scan (i.e. 2nd trim) on FB.

For my first preg, I had no choice but to tell my supervisors cos they wanted to send me for an overseas course during my frist trim (I was spotting somemore). My own supervisor accidentally spilled the beans to my lunch kakis (by asking me if I had craving and how were the scans, etc).

Hello,

I am so glad to see this thread.. I am also ttc-ing for 2nd one. first one almost 2 already. I was constrained by a lot of factors and could only start trying last mth. But it ended up with me having a chemical preg. Now feeling really depressed cos i don't want a huge age gap btw the kids. Have to wait one cycle before I can try again... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

PrinceSSy (mayelynn,

Saw yr explanation on the ovulation thingy.. Cos I was hoping to get a boy so that I can close shop liao. But based on yr explanation, does that means I will be getting a girl cos I tested positive(two lines) on my kit in the morning and bed with my hubby on that night. Cos u said that when the kit test is positive means it will ovulate 2days later..

Thanks for the help..

Catherine, it depends on what's happening when u caught ur LH surge. if u caught it in the beginning, u might ovulate in 2 days.. if u caught it at the tail end, u might O in 24hrs.. it all depends. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

And it depends on ur vagina's env too.. i find it hard to conceive liao.. i dun think i wanna worry abt gender too! :p

Piggywiggy,

Thank you..like that think mine might be the beginning liao.. haiz. My hubby was telling that so long baby is healthy, gender is not impt. No matter is boy or girl, I will still love. Only wanted a boy to close shop..Very siong to try for 3rd baby leh..

Catherine, i know how u feel.. I was under tremendous pressure to have a boy when i had my first one.. even my hb's grandma had something to say abt that lor.. luckily got boy so they can't say anything.. now i just want another before the age gap becomes too big.

Don't worry abt gender.. why do u say u caught ur LH surge in the beginning? very hard to determine that..

piggywiggy,

Glad u understand me..I said that my LH surge is in the beginning cos I did it on that night that I tested positive in the morning. Meaning that I have been testing for for my ovulation for three days and for the 1st two day, it was negative and it turn out positive on the 3rd day and I did it on the 3rd day night. So it means that my surge was the beginning.

Annissa

sorry to hear that. yeah that's why i agree, better to announce to non family after 3 mths. In fact i am even agst my parents or PIL announcing to extended family. bcoz u know they can be v big mouth. Somehow my Inlaws side v big mouth. within a day the whole kampung knew abt my first preg! couldnt believe it.

Snowger

your superior is so insensitive! my gawd! that time i also announced to my boss only but somehow his assistant knew abt it.. and she was also preggy probably a week earlier than me. guess wat, she went around telling pple that im preggy. Let's call her X.

preson A : hey X, heard u are preggy, congrats!

x: thanks! BTW do u know PrinceSSy is also preggy.??

can u imagine she went around telling EVERYBODY and within days the whole office knew abt it. when i asked how they heard of it, they just said "oh X told me!"

and i was only in my 5th week. She didnt even leave me a chance to tell/share my joy with others.

So sad right.

X later found out she was carrying twins(Fraternal/Long Feng Tai some more) but miscarried within the 3 mths. not long after she left the co. i was angry initially but then i decided to forget things, coz she's so poor thing... everytime she sees my tummy growing bigger, im sure she feels sad.

after that incident, i did ponder abt the pantang thingie and how much truth there is in that myth. but i think im a logical and rational person, find it hard to accept anything that has no scientific explanation leh. However, i saw what she went through, having to explain to everybody abt what happened to her. so i learnt a valuable lesson.

what do u girls think?

Catherine

i think just get preggy first then come and hope for the gender. i always feel children are blessings from the one above. boy girl also must be happy! most imptly healthy. therefore you must

1)get preggy first

2) wish that bb is healthy

3) wish for kuku bird aka gender hahaha

Hi mummies,

I m also trying for no 2. Still kinda half hearted whether to hv 2nd one also.. But some how tot of giving a try. It took me 6 mths to conceived my 1st one. It wasn't easy cos I kinda stressed up alot . I spend alot of time n afforts on check ups, test strips, clearblue opk, test cm, chart temperature, chart my cycle pattern. To me after cycles of trying. I felt tt charting cycle pattern, checking on cm n using test strips/ clearblue r useful. My cycle is abt 32-35 days, through charting I learned that my DPO is 15days so meaning I will usually o from day 17-20. So I will start testing with o strips from day 16. It helps me save alot of strips. Once I see positive then I will use clearblue to confirm again. after bd I will put pillow to support my butts so I can keep spermy inside v longer n helps them swin toward the right place.. Crazy until this extend...

But I some how gets too stressed up lo. Did sperm test which dr said DH s not too good cos he smokes. But dr said still possible to make me preg. He gave me cromid told me to try few cycle on my own 1st cos he said I tried only few mths. He told me to try bd next day after detecting positive. 1st cycle of cromid I bd on the day when I determine positive never strike, 2nd round I also plan to bd that night .. But who kws my dh went out w fren got bit drunk n couldn't OT w me. I was damn angry.. Then lucky next day was sat n we bd that morning n I strike.

Honestly till nw i hv no idea if cromid helps in my pregnancy or due to the right timing suggested by dr. Surprising I only bd w my dh once that mth wo. I felt v blessed to hv my gal. For this time I told myself tt I m not going to stress over TCC le . W a irregular cycle now, I only monitor my cm n test o w normal strip. I started last mth which I think I bd after my o. This mth I bd a day b4 o strips shows positive. I m keeping my finger cross now.. My intention is to visit my gynae for cromid if I still don't strike in jan lo.

Whatever it is, I think we r v lucky to hv a Healthy child nw, unlike those who r still trying so hard to hv one. I hv been seeing too much pple around me w difficulties in conceiving which I really felt sorry for them. Just hope the bb dust would comes to those who sincerely wants kids but not to those who would choose to abort through unwanted pregnancy..

Gd morning!

Catherine, I see what u mean. Did u do another OPK aft that? sometimes, our LH surge doesn't last even 10 hrs. hence it is still possible that u caught urs on the downend.

PrinceSSy, that lady quite insensitive hor but kinda feel sad for her when she lost her babies. Mummies aren't made to grieve for their kiddos.. I will nv wish them on anybody else even though i hate them to the core.

Pink Piglet, I do BBT and OPK too. I told a gynae abt BBT and he poo-poo the whole idea. Said it was an outdated concept cos he assumed that i used it to detect O when I use it to CONFIRM I O. U can have many +ve OPKs and still not O.

Ladies, I'm torn apart! doc said i need to wait one cycle bcos of my chem preg before i can TTC but I don't wanna wait. My HCG level was 2 during my last check hence i have no idea why I need to wait! other women that dunno that they had a chem preg also continue to BD or TTC aft that! Any advice for me?

morning ladies! I m back from bintan and bringing a 13 mth old boy with no hubby is no joke!!!

Princessy: I have been thinking about whether to tell ppl if I manage to strike. Though for my 1st my dh n I announced to the whole world, but No idea why for #2 I am abit hesitant. Maybe cos I heard too much abt MC till I scared. your colleague X must be devastated, ESP twins....hope she is already a mother now.

I love your 3 steps. It is true, as long as bb is healthy I think that's more than enough for me .

Pink piglet: I am wondering, why if one BD when OPK reads positive m still not strike? Is it cos the sperm swim very slow or?????

Back