(2011/11) Nov 2011

Hi, mummies..

Finally have time and surf net now..For those waiting for pop mummy, hope you will have a smooth delivery later on.

Jia You ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~

Jean- in fact no 3 was unplanned n it was due to 1 time accident. Not sure bm will come faster or not but anyway i bought the sacred tea for increasing bm n is already drinking now at hosp.

Elle - i was surprise tat my labour so short n i can endure the pain. I think i have to thank my bb for cooperating.

Haiz my stomach looks like 5 mths pregnant.

Hey Serene, Congrats and wow, your labour so smooth and short! =)) Hehes, u can close shop after this liao.. My tummy oso looks like 5 mths preggie when i just gave birth... now 12 days later, much better liao... maybe becos i am using the binder 24/7...

Cyn, dun be too worried abt ur CL. Like wat Jean says, ask ur MIL/ Mum to help out 1st. =pp within 1st mth, bb only sleep, eat and poo/pee... so shld be quite okay i guess... i'm sure ur maternal instincts will kick in once u saw ur bb and the taking care part will comes in naturally .. Welcome to motherhood...

Bunny, congrats on your delivery too... Rest well in hospital and have a good confinement..

Is-elle, dun be too upset abt yr CL/ MIL during ur confinement... Please come in here to vent ur frustration often, u will definitely feel better by sharing your anger. I was very upset w my MIL at the begining of my confinement too.. I aired my frustrations via FB and with friends' supports/ words of encouragement, i am much better now... Actually certain things, i will pretend to agree w them on the front just to please them/ avoid conflicts... then secretly do it my way when they are not around... Like washing hands, etc with tap water... I really cant help not washing my hands w tap water cos it will not be possible to have warm boiled water readily available each and everytime i wanted to wash my hands, somemore, i also need to wash my pumps... Also, i am supposed to sleep all long... I will just lock the my bedroom door and login to pc/ipad and surf the internet...

Today is my 12th day - i can finaly bath and wash hair, abeit in herbal water, still, better than nuthing ... Am looking forward to the end of my confinement in another 2 weeks ++.. Am also thankful that the weather is now cooler and not that bad...

Felixp,

I bought the binder too. When did u start to use the binder?

Any mummies experiencing engorging breast on first day of labour? I started to feel a bit engorge. Not sure is it due to the sacred tea tat i drank.

Jean n edazz, after apply the nipple cream, I still latch my boy. I apply the nipple cream after each feed n the blisters r gone after 1 wks. I do Pump n latch when I hv the blisters.

Just share my birth story. My bb gal is delivered on 15th Nov. Overdue of 40wk, 2 days.

14th Nov

7:00am - A bit pinky show in the early morning, last nite sleep has some tummy cramp. As I do have app with gynae, since due date on 13th Nov. So, decided directly go to labour ward and check.

8:30am - After checking, 1cm dialated..but contraction is not strong and irregular.

11:00am - Do my normal app detailed scan, fluid level is still very good. Doc advise can still go back home and wait, maybe few days time the real contraction and labour will come.

12:00pm - Decided to induce.

2:30pm - Admitted hosp.

4:45pm - Insert pill for induce.

9:15pm - Start feel the contraction. Every 3 mins interval.

15th Nov

12:30am - Cannot tahan the pain, ask for epidural. Blood coming...2cm dialated.

1:30am - Epidural completed.

2.30am - Water bag burst, 10cm dialated. Down there pushing pain coming.

4.21am - My princess come to the world.

Serene, congrats. My midwife say if I dun request epi, the labour will be very fast once there is intense contraction. Seems it is really true, you make it within 3 hrs..Hee..

Since I'm induce, it total take abt 12 hrs. Still shorter than my #1, it is 19 hrs the other time.

Thanks Blue dream.

Evelyn - yes agreed and my gynae said since already 5cm and 3rd pregnancies so should be fast. But surprising tat i can endure the contraction this time round compare to previous 2 when i gave in to epidural.

Now what i hate is the pain at the wound although it is not very painful.

Any mummies bath once they are discharged from the hosp? I feel like bathing after i discharge on Tues morning.

Thks Jean/is-elle/Felixp,

When my CL called me I was oso blur blur, only realised what she meant after she hung up. Sianz max. But doubt I can get a replacement CL at such short notice, so will standby my mum or mil first bah. If they cannot, then good luck to me and my poor hubby haha....

Congrats Serene,

I have utmost respect for mummies who can go without epi!

Hi Evelyn,

Thanks for sharing and glad to know you & baby are doing well! Oohh you were also overdue, looks like really common lah.

Bunny,

Congrats and have a good rest!

Mummies.. Help..

My bb vomitted quite a couple of x... Its not regurgitation of few mouthfuls of milk but a pool of milk n wat my cl says is phlegm. Doesn't seem to b allergy to fm cos she puke a pool daily n otherwise she is fine.

1st night she is born nurse says she swallowed some amniotic fluid. Not sure if Tis is d cause. But she is 4days old now. Shd hv clear all amniotic fluid rite? Or is it reali phlegm? So young hv phlegm liao?

N she seems to hv 1tooth on each end at her lower jaw except tat it's yellow, not white like tooth. Dunno wats tat either..

Any mummies hv any idea for both cases? So xin tong...

Iselle,

U better bring her to PD early morning tmr. At least have a check with PD, then u will be rest assured. U feed her fm now? Will it be allergy to certain brand of fm? Or there is colic?? For the tooth on each end jaw, will it be the puke substances??? Cos only 4th day they start growing teeth ah??? Sound too fast for me...

Oh, btw, my milk started to flow more easy after I found the correct way of latching...of cos is still the colostrum but more in volume now and more pores open up now....hoping for my best in moo moo career now...and now she start to suck for good 15mins as non stop.....so happy if she continue to cooperate with me liked that....

Cyn,

If really no CL, then really need to depend on both of u Loh....the dishes for confinement is very easy done...just boil red date tea daily, cook soup daily, veg and rice and steam fish.....

Both soup and tea can be done by slow cooker....then hb will sure know how to cook those simple dishes. Then can Liao...ask him to bath bb...if he dunno, make sure he attend the parent craft lesson during ur stay...so simple if u can ask ur mil or mum to help u veg, fish and meat....

Then can solve till ur CL come to help u start off with those herbal soup...

Facebook Group

Hi all,

Sincere apologies to new members, but we have decided to close invitations into our facebook group as we have currently more than 40+ mummies already.

Thanks for your interest!

Serene,Evelyn

Congras..Rest well and have a smooth confinment.

Went vivocity Marche for dinner with hubby.Suddenly a gust of water flowing out.Luckily i gt wear panty liner so quickly went toilet to check,happily thinking this time sure bulleye.My panty liner was soak with a slight yellow discharge and panty also kena.All along i have watering discharge but normally is only a patch this time experience the most.If water bag burst should be clear water but mine is abit yellow colour so false alarm again..My serious watering discharge really give me alot of problem.Tomorrow my checkup still really no signs of labour i will consider induce.

Little bb, when my water bag burst, the water that came out was actually slightly yellowish - a bit like diluted pee - you may already be leaking. Not sure how the flow will be like, but I have heard a couple of variations but mine is the gushing out ( constantly ) kind....

Btw, this is eng bee here, Jean chua's roomie at tmc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi eng bee,welcome to nov thread..Hereby congrats you on your arrival of your baby..Oh I tot water bag burst is those clear colour..I experience only one time of leakage till now no more..not sure if it's really water bag leakage as once in awhile I having serious watering discharge.Indeed this time leakage is more than usual.it do looks like pee colour..Later in the afternoon i gg for my checkup,will it be too late? Anyway I am overdue by afew days already..take care & have a smooth confinement.

Serene> I bath the 3 day of delivery cos I cannot stand it without bath.. My cl and mil are fine with bath as long got boil heral bag ..

Congrats to serene and Evelyn for ur new born..

Count down 7 day to the end of confinement .. Hehe my fav foodie are waiting for me.. My moo moo career are still not very gd as still cannot total bf my gal.. But lucky my gal are not picky so she drink both bm and fm .. Trying the fenugreek from gnc now , Hopefully it can boost my bm..

Hi Eng bee

Wow, very fast to response to the waiting mummies here... Very good!!! Welcome you to our nov thread. Hope we can have a happy confinement days ahead.

I also liked u, start washing my hair yesterday using ur method (used up the thermal flask and jug water at tmc) I ask hb to get more from auntie to let me sponge my body...so shiok after it....

Little bb,

Maybe u monitor ur panty, and also bring forward ur appt time if possible.

Kiam

Wow, so fast ur confinement days are gg to over soon... Dun worry on BM, try the supplements first and see if it helps to increase...jia you jia you...

Hi mummies

Tried to breastfeed bb but my nipples are too short. She keep trying but jusy could not grab it n keep pushing nipples out. Kinda sad but will keep trying.

Have been using Babyplus all along and when baby was delivered, she was very alert and calm. Not sure

whether got connection with using babyplus or not, she was very kpo, opened her eyes in delivery ward and keep looking at us talking.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bunny > I also have short nipple and also inverted nipple so Lc say pump out is easy .. So feed my gal Ebm instead of latching her since day 5 to now.. Just try ur best..

Jean chua> find the supplement is not bad cos got increase a bit by 10 ml .. I am happy got another extra 10 ml to feed my gal.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Serene, i started using the binder on the 3rd after my csec till now (day 14). i wore it 24/7..

Iselle, u managed to see ur PD liao? Ur baby is only 4 days old and if it's really plegm, the hosp would have advised u on how to suck the plegm on ur discharge... NOt that i doubt ur CL, but sometimes CL buay zhun and better get the PD to chk..

Cyn, dun worry too much abt your CL not being there.. I can sure u and ur hubby can do it. Basically, u need to know how to bath, change diapers and feed and bb cries at this time mostly due to hunger. If u suspect ur bb has colic/ wind, feel if her/his tummy feels bloated or is round round... if so, wind him/her sufficiently after feedings or add windrid into the milk during feedings or spoon feed ... Must tell yrself u can do it, afterall its ur bb =)) But get help from ur MI/ MUM for the cooking though... =))

Eng Bee, welcome and congrats!!

Kiam Kiam, i oso got inverted nipple on one side.. but my bb was still able to latch on ... but the problem is she always latch on for a such a long time and still hungry after that, that i decided to pump out so that i know how much she is drinking... Coincidently, this is also the side producing 50% compared to my right side... On milk flow.. Today is my 14 day, my flow is not fantastic but steadily increasing by the day ... used to be around 60-75 per pump session, now its 85-100 per pump session.. I pump regularly every 3-4 hrs, even thru the night =) And i suuplement w FM... All the best...

Hi,

My bb boy hv some running nose & cough. Btw, how much the baby should drinks now? I bf bb, but I also pump..... 60ml seems tat he will get hungry in less than 2hrs. Anyone can share how much ml ur bb drinks?

So far, I gave bb fully breastmilk, so never really use the Mamex liquid milk formula. Got from TMC... Can exchange for tokens too. Don't wish to waste the FM since expire next month

Shirley, my bb is 14 days and drinks abt 95 ml each time every 4 Hourly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

Hi mummies

I am selling my medela freestyle at $500. Baby is 6 mth plus now and have stopped breast feeding 2 weeks ago. It is a local set with remaining warranty. Includes delivery on weekend. PM me if interested.

Hi Felixp,

Looks like i under-feed my bb. I fed 60ml.... less than 2hours, he cried as if hungry, end up I hv to latch on him. But i feel like I've not much rest coz he gets hungry in less than 2 hours

Iselle,

My bb has similar problem as you, will vomit sometimes, then when my mil wipe, she feel a lot of plegm. I do look for a PD on day 3, PD say actually bb so small, the plegm is not from lung, but from the throat..

We just need to be careful when feeding them, must burp. And now we try to feed half way and burp my gal, so she has a rest and won't 1 time suck until too many inside and cause uncomfortable for her. Think need to trial and error..

Hi serene

Hi5 I'm mother of 3 and give birth on 13 nov. 3rd is unplanned.

Little_bb, you still can go Marche ah.. I WANT TO GO!!! For the past one week plus, I am on diet lor.. Sianz.. Now must continue till bb pop... Then after bb pop, still cannot eat mac.. Argh!! I want I want I want!! I want cheese platter and sashimi from The Line!!!!!! I wan fresh OysTer!!!!!! I want I want I want!!!!

Thanks Cyn i saluate myself too without epidural.

Thanks Felix. Just checked with my gynae. He said can bind anytime. I will do it when i discharge tomoro.

I have confinement lady and i also ordered confinement tingkat from newbaby too. Does it sound silly when i have nanny but still ordered tingkat? I hate the whole house oily n messy. My nanny will just concentrate on my bb.

So fast going home tomorrow. Will have lesser time to log in after tomorrow.

YL - not easy right to take care of 3 and somemore i have no

Maid too

Any mummies is giving bbs total breastfeeding with fm supplement. Can share how u did it since milk only kick in on the 3rd days.

Congrats serene! Ur hubby wld b proud of u too! My Hubby was asking if I can do without n I say cannot!!

Evelyn - thanks! Our bb bday is 1day apart [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i delivered on 16th. Juz came back fr pd. She's quite gd gave me Lotsa info. Other than d breaking up of feedin period which u mentioned she suggest might b slight allergy to fm n reco similar total comfort if I need to supplement fm.

Oso told me latch then pump every 3hr even at night cos Bf is best4bb. Then taught me aft feedin, burping, cradle d bb for 15min then put on elevated mattress/bb chair so bb head is higher n gravity will Help bb to digest.

Oso regarding d tooth-like but yellow in colour is pigmentation of d gum n it's ok.

She is Janice Wong fr tmc. Was thinking of switching to a pd nearer to our Hse but decide to stick to her aft Tis 1st consultation. 1st consult is $100, subsequent is $50. Tmc FBI member has discount.

Felixp- ur right. My cl reali buay zhun cos pd says not phlegm. Oh my pd oso feel tat bb Lotsa wind n ask me to watch my diet n avoid cabbage, bean, legumes which will cause wind in me n may affect bb thro Bm.

Serene- I supplement bb wi fm cos cl

Say my Bm not enuf so for night feed durin 1st 2 nights all on fm. Then when my milk comes in she will feed wat I pump

In d fridge. But if bb wan milk again she will give fm if Thers nothin in my fridge. N if she c me sleepin she will let me rest n get from fridge or fm.

Iselle, oh so it's due to wind ah... I think avoid brocoli too cos it will cause wind too... Then did the pd give u any medicine for the bb like ridwind??? Hope ur bb will get better soon !!

Initially it was my CL who felt that my BM not enuff so she suggested supplementing w fm.. Now I will pump and leave in the fridge and she will mix the BM w fm 50-50 and my bb is now drinking abt 90-100 per feed every 4 hrs...

iselle,

Glad to hear that PD give you so much info. Ya, my PD do give me ridwind and an oil supplement for the tummy.. so far ridwind will give if feel bb too many wind in stomach n dun sleep well..

Bb got improve to sleep more at night so far..Hope your bb will improve slowly too..

Iselle,

Try to pump out after latching..to empty out the breast, then can produce more...that what the nursery nurse told me today..but the thing is I dun seems to have balance in my breast after I latch her both side each 20mins....still checking is it my pump problem or she really empty my supply....

Oh, by day 3 or day 4, their appetite is only 30ml per feed, everyday grow 5ml to it...so I think it will helps most mummies...all these advices are by the tmc nursery nurse... She also very good, give me one carton of mamil...since one mummy CL say most bb suit mamil so I request for it Loh...heehee

Oh today receive my first batch of guests during my dinner time...they are my auntie, cousins and 1yr old nephew...the funny part is the nephew enter my bb room, he cries and want to go home le...so they didn't even get the chance sit, and left less than 5mins...hahahaha...lucky me...

This afternoon went for my checkup.gynae checked my cervix and confirmed its not water bag leakage.My watering discharge getting so serious now.My baby weight is about 3.4kg,baby still perfectly fine.I told my gynae that i will like to opt for induce but he dont allow.He said induce is very dangerous unless there is reasons.Told me to wait for another few more days if by thursday still no signs of labour then induce,at least i had tried for natural just that cervix dont want to ripe.

Fynn

Yes i can still go out,why cannot go out?? I still go shopping,eat buffet,eat sashimi,eat crabs.Just that i cannot walk for too long.

Fynn,

Haha I think you can cut yourself some slack once in awhile, eat abit of your fav foods bah. If not deliver liao one whole month of confinement food is torture!

Jean,

When are you discharging from hospital? Good mar, visitors quickly come and quickly go!

Little bb,

I think your gynae actually pretty good, will not anyhow suggest induce or c-sect cos natural delivery is still the best way for our bodies to recover. So these few days go walk alot and do the squatting exercises! Jiayou!

I would love to go shopping and walk walk, but no one accompany me during the day and I feel insecure going out by myself. Forced my hubby to walk with me after dinner around my neighborhood just now, in the end he is the one complain tired lol....

Aiyo.. These two days my tummy keep cramping till I don't feel like walking.. At home, I also lie down on bed.. When move, the cramp will be even more tense.. =( Also feels like vomitting lor.. But didn't vomit lah.. Just have the feeling nia...

Hehe!! My hubby very irritating de.. Will give me that kind of look if I were to eat things that he dun allow.. He hear hear, then will stop me from eating.. So, I very scared people tell him things de.. That time he even stopped me from eating orange cuz his friend said is not good for baby..

Little bb

i kip u accompany... Im still waitg. Today chkup i did sweep but lk no effect this x... Already 3cm dilated.. Everythg well fluid still aplenty n bb weight abt 3.2kg so gynae let me wait till sat... If nbr pop will hv to admit n she will burst water bag...lets jia u!

Agree that u gynae is gd... Most at wk 39 will induce le....

Little bb,

Ur gynae super good, who is he? I think that is the best way for you and bb. Induce will cause our womb to be very harmful, and there are unsuccessful induce labour, end up still have to emergency c sect. So lucky ur gynae has good ethnic. Not those kind want to close case fast fast type.

Cynn,

I come back today, bb jaundice is down, but still have to sun her every morning and evening for 10mins each side.

My bb is a bb plus baby...she is alert and calm...and will look at us talking...very kpo...she is especially calm when my hb talk to her...this is a good investment.

Hihi! I'm a jan 2012 mom. Just wanna share, my friend opted for induction but cervix didn't manage to open in time despite using medications and bursting water bag. Had to opt for e-csec in the end.

Any mummies who give up on latching and just fully express and bottle feed the bb? Are u able to get the supply even though we didn't latch? Today is my bb 3rd day, she doesn't want to latch and just want to sleep unlike the 1st 2 days now i am facing breast engorge prob. Feel like giving up on latching and just express it out and bottle feed.

Hi,

I have a good confinement lady to let go for Nov '11 - Jan'12. She is supposed to be my CL during my EDD 20/12/2011 however bb was born premature n is now still in Special Care, unable to go home due to underweight. And the cost in Special Care is killing me n I dun think I can afford to get an CL, also, I am clueless as to when bb can be discharged.

I hope to find a "replacement" for the CL as she is a nice lady. She is my ex -colleague's mum n is a good n reliable CL. Will anyone be interested and fit into the timing? If yes, pls Email me [email protected]

Thanks...

Serene> I give up latching my bb on the 4th day and express Ebm for her to drink.. From then I bottle feed her Ebm .. Pump is faster but need to wash pump every time aft expressing.. Just try ur best cos some time bb have no patient to latch on especially if u got short nipple ..

I also find that expressing is faster and can see how much she drinks too. Furthermore if i latch her most of the time then the nanny can shake leg liao coz she doesn't need to cook too as i ordered confinement tingkat. Btw if yr bb on total ebm now or still supplement with fm?

Back