(2011/11) Nov 2011

HI Awbb and lynzi, how many weeks are u all now? i am reaching 7mths soon, now tumm reali HUGE, esp after meals. i am expecting another girl.

hw abt the 2 of u? i hope the mummies here dunmind me joining? here the topics so interesting eh.

im so sleepy! stoning now! i always cant focus on work every fridays. maybe weekend is coming bah!

bleh, yes it's v tiring! super tired! i din have peaceful sleep for 2yrs+ liao. we tried all kind of methods to break her habit waking up in the night, we used hard and soft but still din work. i oso asked ard friends and colleagues, some of their tots older than my girl r still waking up. i aso noticed those kids who k sleep well in the night are sleeping w the parents or another person. my girl is having 3x milk (when wake up, nap time and b4 sleep time) and 1x milk in the middle of night if she makes noise. how old is ur boy?

tulips, i put in chicken and pao sheng in a'zhong' and double-boiled for 2 or 3 hrs.

Lynzi - u r good! Go n compare the 3 brands so we din have to. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] y do we need thermal flask? Can get hot water from the restaurant right? Hmm

lynzi, ya lor. hw time flies, this preg more tough for me, got evening sickness n i feel bloated almosted everyday n need take gastric medicine.

any feedback on breastpump? i duno if i shld invest a freestyle tis time, or shall i juz latch?onli manage to BF one mth las preg.

i am also getting a maid tis time to help lok after no.2 but filipino maids bio so limited and take so long to come sg now. and most of them wan off day n min salary is $420. who is lookin after ur no2 in future?

hmm, 15wks can tell gender rite? when u guys going detail scan? v excited hor???

lynzi did u askno.1 if bb is boy or girl?

Frenlop,

think its a habit for your girl.

U can try to break the habit now before no2 is out.

If not, jialat must give milk to both.

My boy has been sleeping thru since 8mths old.

He also has been sleeping alone in his bed in his own room since then.

So far he is ok.

He will only wake up occassionally at nite when he is not feeling well or got bad dreams.

Little one,

the ones we are comparing are food jars to store porridge or baby food to keep warm when we go out.

As for thermal flask, yes u do need it unless u are totally breastfeeding.

When babies want milk, they want there n then..might not have enough time to go restaurant to ask for hot water.

Many times i had to make milk in the car while the car was moving.

Megg,

both of us dont know gender yet.

My no2 will still be taken care by my mil unless i resign cos there are so many plans unknown yet for my dh might be posted for work overseas.

Frenlop,

No problem, just reply on FB.

My boy slept through the night from 4 months old. The only time, he did get up for milk after that was when he was down with HFMD but since then, I haven't gotten up to make milk for him.

Hi, 

I’m getting the thermometer from Amazon and would like to invite you to share the shipping cost with me. 

Kindly leave your email address and I will contact you ASAP. 

Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with ExacTemp Technology 

Model: IR4520 

Shipping: Direct Shipping from Amazon 

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Braun-Thermoscan-Thermometer-ExacTemp-Technology/dp/B001FWXKMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302227652&sr=8-1 

Waiting timing: 2-3 weeks 

Item cost calculation: USD38.54 + Shipping USD6.40 = USD44.95 @1.35 = S$60.70 

* Please note the exchange rate will be adjusted if it is higher. 

Collection: 

- Ang mo kio ave 10

- Register Mail (Postage TBA) 

- Normal Mail (at your own risk, I’m not responsible for lost mail) (Postage TBA) 

I hope to close by 11th June. Thank you!

Hi Starry,

Just wanna check, have you collected your BBQ playset fm Littke Tikes? Try to collect on 1 June but they said OOS but will call us...yet till now no news fm them...

@ KKH . Still waiting for that UNCLE!! Think he went delivery. Sigh!!

Will reply to all when home, iPhone too small to scroll up n down.

Zzzzzzzzzz , think I can wait till 6pm!!!

Berrypie, I rang to them to check on the availability before buying, they took my details and gave me a reservation number. They told me collection in July.

hi, i am selling gifts from friends that do not fit my baby. mostly brand new including baby gap dress, camper baby shoes, oshkosh romper etc. & some pre-loved. pls PM me if interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109321966445626054039/Bouncingbean?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-2ubakmqDuRQ#

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583163.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583164.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583165.jpg]

megg,

freestyle is good! so far it seems like the most portable and powerful pump (for its size) in the market. if can latch 100% that is really the best. but it's a lot harder than it sounds and takes a lot of determination. i had a manual pump on standby plus my freestyle during my confinement. i did try to latch 100% but my babe sucked less than 10mins then KO at the breast liao so no choice pumped out for her to monitor her feeds and also so that my mom can do the feeding while i catch up on zzz...

please expect to have only 3-4 hrs of interrupted sleep per day for the initial 1-2 weeks if you 100% latch on until milk supply and baby's sleep routine are established. my hubby and i called it the 'Hell Week'. lol!

berrypie, jmi,

i've not rung them up ever since that day they said end-Jul collection. maybe i should call and chase??

lynzi, jmi, is it boy tends to sleep better? i asked ard mostly r girl cant sleep throughout. any way to kick her habit waking up in the night? i used hard method (scold and scare her, refused to giv milk, dun attend to her) and soft method (explain to her if wake up then go back to sleep, sleep w her till she asleep etc). she sleeps ard 930am and up ard 8am, usually up 1x in the night ard 3 or 4plus.

megg,

i didn't get from spree that time 'cos didn't want to wait. i purchased from this lady who had ready stocks. think she had a thread in the BP forum. you can check out the links there. got at least 2 sellers bringing stocks in from USA. compare prices bah, sometimes not much diff in the pricing between spree sets and ready-stock sets. prettymums from oct thread is also bringing in freestyle pumps. you can PM her and 'book' your slot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

frenlop: the tiger food jar can cook porridge inside though, put in rice and your minced ingredient and add in boiling hot water, 1 hr later, it's cook. Make sure your ingredient are those easier to cook ones. I use the food jar to store fried rice, to keep warm. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I train my son sleep thru' the night since he was 3mths old cos' i need my beauty sleep. Come to a point i decided, enuff is enuff, he is suppose to follow my schedule and pattern and not me to suit him!! So he is trained to wake up when we said going out liao, quickly wake up if not we will leave w/o him. Some parents i know work around kids schedule but i prefer kids work around mine, cos' i am the mummy, haahaaaa!

Since he was a babe, whenever we need to go out, we have no constraint, put him in a stroller and we're off. One thing my boy sleeps well in car and stroller. That time when after 1mth confinement, i took my boy in stroller and maid go out gai gai liao, cannot tahan cope up at home.

frenlop, it is nt true all boys sleep better. my girl stop nite feed before she was 9 mths, and she can sleep truout the nite. she is the type who dunlike to eat, so she wont wakeup for milk.

no point scolding her.mbe she dint have a full feed before she sleep? try to add some cereals or brown rice cereals to her las feed? make her eat full full then she maynt wake up middle nite

megg, filipino maid $420? mine is $330 + $20 if no off day. my girl is attending half day morning school and afternoon is taken care by my maid w my mil's supervision. with #2, i dun tik my maid can handle and my mil dun know how to take care of infant. so, hb and i discuss might be getting 1 more maid or stay-in nanny fr Msia for a period of 1-yr just to take care of my girl and #2. the existing maid do housework. other option wld be send my girl to full-day school then my existing maid take care of infant. we will evaluate the options nearer to my deleivery date.

frenlop: with 1 maid, already felt the responsibility and need to manage her, can't imagine 2 maids in a small family leh, then you will end up have x2 sets of maid issues to settle. They may even not able to get along well and compare workload, some food for thought. I think you should consider send your girl to full day CC and then the maid can take care of #2.

I have a friend who have 4 maids at home but b'cos she lives with extended families, ie. with in laws, SIL & BIL as well, that's why have more ppl to help her to manage the maids. I think when you have many hands at home to manage the maids, it's easier to have more than 1.

u all got an angel bb who k sleeps throughout the nite. my girl has established daily routine. she used to sleep throughout from 6mths onwards till ard 10mth. since then hardly sleep through. haiz! initially we also suspect she din eat much but she nvr finished her milk before sleep time. if we give her night feed, she oso din finish her milk.. is a habit asking for milk. since then my hb takes over to attend her in the night for the past few weeks, she din ask for milk if she wakes up. if she sees me, she'll ask for milk. dun know why she just wan to wake up and cry asking attention fr us in the night.

frenlop, my boy is 3yo tomoro! he didnt sleep thru until he was 1! it was truely tiring.. before that, we've tried ways and means to try to wean him off that midnite feed. so, i can totally ustd what u feel.. scold or threaten or just shove him water, all fruitless.. until 1 fine day he decided he is ready and didnt wake up till the next morning... the bad thing is, he is still sleeping with us, in my bed! he falls sick so often that i decided it was easier for me this way.. but i have to "kick" him out of my bed soon as #2 approaches!!!

tinyvoice, initially when hb said hire 1 more maid my 1st replied was 'crazy'! but then he calculated the cost by sending #2 to IFC or nanny. it'll still be cheaper to get a maid. we recently saw a korean dvd 'the housemaid' he said isnt good if u hav 2??? hahaha...

btw, we stay on our own (hb, dd, me & maid). i got no extra hands to help me at all. my hb and my family r s small family.

and btw, i am oso hoping for an angel baby this time!! hahahaha... some babies are just fussier than others, dont u think? my boy will wake up immed even after falling alsp in his car seat. and then wide awake when he reaches home, after a power nap. *headache*

tinyvoice, is true tat v diff to manage maid. my existing maid oso got a little problem but still manageable. i tik sending my girl to full day school is a better idea.

bleh, lucky u he k sleep thru fr 1yr old! i really hope for this 1 fine day.... yup, better kick him out fr the bed b4 ur #2 deliver. got to trial and error till a method tat is workable. good luck!

frenlop: the mention of buying a new mattress for him drives him into tears.. i guess i need a lot a lot of coaxing to be done! u try talking to ur girl, tell her not to wake up n let mummy slp well.. gd luck to u too!!

frenlop, imagine later 2 maids gang up on you all, that will be nightmare leh.

I also pray that #2 will be an angel baby cos' i have short temper, hee hee. I am always screaming at my son, don't do this, don't do that, sigh....he is very active and cheeky.

My cough get very serious yesterday night,i coughed non stop for 8 hours and vomitted many times.I became breathless and almost fainted,i wokeup my husband and told him to bring me to the hospital,it was around 7am when i reach SGH A&E and i did not slept for the whole night.Doc said most probably i am having sinusitis,wanted to do a chest X-tay but because im pregnant so cannot do end up prescribe me a cough syrup and nasal spray suspension.I told doc that i keep burping and could it be gastric reflux,doc said maybe but try the spray first.I am feeling terrible,now i cough non stop.I dont have strength to continue on anymore.Can we actually apply Ruyi oil on our tummy?

argh! im sick of lying in bed. having low grade fever for 3daes le. hopefully tmr fully recover! =(

went to KKH 24hr clinic laz nite. the MO there cannot make it sia. kip insisting tt its ligament stretching when i complain of abd pain & not relieved by rest. one ting for sure that she is confirm inexperienced coz she was unable to detect bb's hb using d doppler. end up the nurse help her one. pengz.

bfly

can juz pop into KKH pharmacy & purchase the fish oil & obimin. its off the rack one. =)

simiko

u got appt tmr ah? wat time is ur appt? mine at clinic D - 9.50am.

re: bb fair

anyone gg on 1st July? mi will pop down afta my detailed scan tt dae. hehe.

Frenlop,

dont think its boys.

My 2 nieces slept thru since they were few weeks old.

How i envy my sil n my cousin at that time.

I used the Gina Ford book on sleeping like a bible to train my boy to sleep thru.

frenlop, why is ur maid so cheap? has she been with u for long? my agent said now min. wage is $420, if no off add another $20.

btw, do u let ur maid keep her hp ?

Hi Jmi,

Can add me to the list?

Nick: blessedmom80

EDD: 28/11

Gynea: Dr Eunice Chua

Hospital: TMC

BB#: 2

Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear mummies, Sorry to interrupt.

I am from Feb 2011 thread & have the followings to let go:

************* SLEEPY WRAP | AVENT BOTTLES | AVENT SEALING DISCS | NUK TEATS | NUK TEAT SPONGE **************

1) *Brand New* Sleepy Wrap -- $70

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389275&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

2) *Brand New* Avent Feeding Bottle 0 month+ 2 x 4oz/125ml & 6 x Sealing Discs -- $20

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795523478&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

3) *Brand New* NUK Class Anti-Colic Teat, size 1, S (thin liquids) -- 3 for $5

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389277&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

4) *Brand New* NUK Premium Choice Anti-Colic Wide Neck Teat, size 1, S -- $6/pair, $10/2 pairs

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389279&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

5) *Brand New* NUK Teat cleaning sponge -- 1 for $4, 2 for $7.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795389278&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

**************** HOTELS DINING VOUCHERS ****************

1. 50% off voucher at Brios' (Grand Corpthorne Waterfront). Valid for a dining party of 4 to 8 people for lunch from Mon to Sat, or dinner from Sun to Thu. Valid Till 30th June - $40.00

2. 50% off Main course @ Pontini (Grand Corpthorne Waterfront). Valid for a dining party of 4 people for lunch or dinner from Mon to Wed. Valid Till 30th June - $40.00

3. 50% off a la carte meal order @ Grand Shanghai (Grand Corpthorne Waterfront). Valid for a dining party of 4 people for lunch or dinner from Tue to Sun (Except for Sat). Valid Till 30th June - $40.00

4. 50% off a la carte meal order @ Grand Shanghai (Grand Corpthorne Waterfront). Valid for a dining party of 6 - 12 people for dinner from Tue to Sun. Valid Till 30th June - $60.00

5. 50% off Buffet @ Princess Terrace (Corpthorne King's). Valid for a dining party of 6 to 8 people for lunch or dinner from Mon to Thu. Valid till 30th June - $50.00

6. 50% off a la carte meal order @ Tien Court (Corpthorne King's). Valid for a dining party of 6 - 8 people for lunch or dinner from Mon to Thu. Valid Till 30th June - $30.00

7. $100.00 dining voucher @ Tien Court (Corpthorne King's). Minimum spending of $400.00. Valid Till 30th June - $50.00

8. Complimentary Juf of Beer and one dozen Satay @ Connections (Corpthorne King's). minimum part of 6 people. Valid till 30th June - $10.00

9. Waiver of cover charge for 2 people @ TOPPS ( Corpthorne Orchid). Valid from Sun to Thu - $10.00

10. Complimentary First House pour wine or beer for two people @ Limelight (Corpthorne Orchid). Valid from Mon to Sat. Valid till 30th June - $10.00

11. Complimentary First House pour for four people @ J Bar (M hotel). Valid from Mon to Sat. Valid till 30th June - $15.00

12. Complimentary Bottle of House Wine with A La Carte Meal Order @ Hua Ting Restaurant (Orchard Hotel). Valid for a minimum dining party of 4 people. Valid till 30th June - $20.00

13. Complimentary Combo Snack Platter @ Bar Intermezzo (Orchard Hotel). Valid for a min. party of 4 people. Valid till 30th June - $10.00.

* Self collection at Choa Chu Kang Street 62.

* Keen or any enquiry, please PM me.

Hi Mummies,

I have the following to let go:

1) Babybjorn Baby Carrier Active (Dark blue/blue) at $180 (usual $249)

2) BabySafe Sling at $45 (usual $55)

Self collect at Queenstown MRT

Both items are almost brand new, tried less than 5times at home.

Pls PM me if interested. Thanks

Lynzi,

Did the Gina Ford routine work well for your boy? I'm waiting for my book to arrive. But dunno if will have the willpower to go thru it or not le. Cos hubby and I like to go out on weekends and this will likely upset the routine.

Feeling so tired perpetually.. Sigh. Wanna go shopping but no energy to throng with the crowds.

Starry & Lynzi: Yeah, please do share with me your experiences about the routine...I suppose we can pick and choose what's more applicable? One thing is that sometimes the context is different, so more difficult to apply huh...

Re: ASOS!

One of my ASOS items has arrived in the mail! Yays...But not as nice as I hoped. I had more fun shopping w my mum at Series and buying stuff I can wear in later stages of pregnancy with leggings! Ladies, the Series sale pretty good now leh, many pieces going at $25, $30, $40...I think I bought 8 items in all!

hi all mummies and mummies to be,

Im new to this thread.

My details for update

EDD: 26th Nov

Gynae: Dr Benjamin Tham

Hospital: TMC

BB#: 2

My due date is 26th nov same as my #1 but my #1 was late for about a week and became a dec baby. Dr Tham said if #2 also late can arrange for same birthday! hahha

Starry, Ent29,

must really persevere when trying to establish routine for bb.

First few tries will not be easy n must harden the heart.

I shared with dh n the main caregiver whenever i wana try sth new with bb so that everyone will sing to the same tune,

I dont follow what GF suggested to the dot lah..i did tweak it here n there to suit our context n the bb.

Lynzi: Ok, shall discuss more when I get the book to read it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks! You are a super enthu mummy!

Little_One: I saw you were talking about the July issue of Mother and Baby, but when I went to look for it, I couldn't find leh! Only have June issue!

Back