(2011/10) Oct 2011

Winny, I have the same feeling as well. My breasts will engorge more after the massage and milk supply also increase. After that just keep massaging I think it helps. Apply hot compress on your breasts.

I usually let bb latch on. If I know that he will be sleeping for long hours and I feel engorge then I'll use the pump. Sometimes after latch on I will also try to pump whatever remaining milk that I have so will send signal to the brain and increase the supply.

Believe in urself. You can do it.

Candy floss

My BB needs to be fed every hourly too.. super tiring! Tat's y i dun pump also cos he can alr empty it slowly.. but sometimes he feed for 5-10min for short feed n sometimes

15-25 for long feed..

Winny

'hiam' means keep complaining abt things cos i dun feel comfortable when weather gets too hot n eating confinement dish makes me bored somehow jus feel restricted la.. so I'm hot n bothered..

MnM (mnm2009) : ya its norm. i read online tt there is most milk in the morning, least in the evening. so it is encouraged to pump in the morning to store than evening.

MnM, my max is only 40ml. I'm Day10 already and I've been drinking lots of water and massage my breast and also pump b4 i sleep and another time around 3am. Still....

But i'll not give up!! Heehee...

BABY BONUS

Btw..can anyone advise how to go about applying for Baby Bonus?

Hi. Just went to lactation consultant in morning to check on latching... Her latching is ok but the consultant says my supply not enough [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I fed her 80ml but she is still hungry so she gave her another 20ml of formula. Was told to buy fenugreek capulses and take 6 a day. So many! And drink at least 3litres of water :0 I think my water intake barely 2 litres. Baby is 2 weeks already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] think I really need to jia you on the pumping. Sigh.

Hi leeoh, you are much better than I. I only have 20-30ml of BM and it's my 10th day.

I just called Glen E lactation consultant too. But she say it's normal. Everyone is diff.

She asked me to try to drink papaya soup. For the capsule, she maybe later. If the soup doesnt work then call her.

3l of water is really alot leh. i also take barely 2litres.

I always been a silence reader. Initially my EDD is 2 Oct but baby wants to be born early in Sept.

latching my baby is no problem, but ever since my MIL introduce bottle, my baby refused to latch on, my supply can reach 150ml during my confinement but now, each time i pump only less than 50ml.

I try all methods, doesn't seems to work. My mil has been telling me to stop bf cos' i'm taking only 8 weeks maternity leave, I got this feeling that the older generation doesn't really encourage BF.

I'm feeling so dishearted.

blanqq

bb will switch to bottle cos they can use less effort drinking from bottle.

maybe during confinement you are less stressful. try to pump more frequently. can you pump at your workplace after you go back to work. then can tell your mil that you are still able to supply bb with bm even if you are back to work. is your bb having fm? if not, then can tell mil that bb will only have bf cos you won't be buying fm.

mine bb don't bf directly so I have to pump.

Winny, today my jamu masseur use cold compress (towel wrap with ice) to help me to massage my breasts and clear the engorgement. It was very amazing. My milk started to drip on both sides when she was doing the massage. Just press and go round the breast until the beast is soft. After the massage when i stand up, my milk was dripping from both breast. You can try that out.

After every feed try to pump. Even if there's nothing also pump for 15 min on each side to stimulate.

For the bb bonus, u shd get a package from ur hospital. Choose either OCBC or stand chart bank for the.CDA account. Application form shd be in the package. You can submit the application form at hospital. This applies for Thomson, not sure if the same for Glenegles.

Help.

It's almost a week n my stitches hurt badly. Is this normal or I walk too much?

My breast engorged... Even massue say if it dun recover I need to see doc. Now everywhere pain... Feel v uncomfortable.

To make things worse, my bb just got warded for jaundice.

Sweetsnow,

For the wound I think it's normal. I took more than 2 weeks. In my second week I was stil on painkillers. Now almost a month I dun feel tat much pain but when I cough I can feel the pressure on the wound so i dare not cough too hard.

Sorry to hear abt bb being warded. Still continue to pump so tat u won't feel engorged. Cabbage n cold compress suppose to help. My supply is not high so I face the opposite problem of having a constantly crying baby becos he is hungry. End up I m like feeding hour to hour.

Take the opportunity to rest. Keep wound clean also. Jiayou

Thanks Pofy.

I tried not to cry in front of my hubby but tears just roll down and i quickly pretend to be slping to hide from hubby. Jaundice is common, but the thought of having baby to ward is saddening.

I will try to continue to pump 2hrly. Good to hear that it's normal to still feel pain at the stitches. At least now i know it's fine to take panadol.

MnM (mnm2009): wow ur massage lady is good! may i know who is it?

Sweetsnow (sweetsnow) : take care and try to rest more in bed, dun walk too much. did ur doc give u painkillers? baby jaundice is common, try not to think too much and worry yourself ya?

Hi sweetsnow,

Understand your feeling as baby need to be warded. But do cheer up and keep pumping !

I bought my bb for med review And my own gynae check up, first time I bought both my #1 and new born out. The experience is quite good. Glad that #1 is happy to share his pram to little brother.

On bf, my milk only come in like day 4, I think is c section. But today, I manage ti yield 100ml per pump! Quite happy as there are increase on a daily basis, but very tiring with the nite pumping. Today, baby is day 7 and drinking 60ml per feed. So I hope I can start my storage supply gradually.

Okay need to go sleep now as need to wake up at 53o to pump again,... Life of a moo mooo

Hi creamdonut,

My massue works full-time at a Jamu massage parlor but does free lance. She's been a great help to my sliming n engorgement issue. If you want you can contact her. She was referred to my by my gd fren n we both like her service.

I finished the painkillers my gynae gave n my checkup is on Tues. That's y meanwhile I think I will Tk panadol.

Jojobar,

Think my baby is 1 day younger than your bb. Gd to hear that ur #1 is getting along well with his bro. I'm natural birth but my milk supply oso came in on day4. Now I can hit 80ml each side. Can't wait for bb to come back to latch although my nipples v sore liao.

Ladies,

When do you start taking supplements like fish oil etc? Confinement now can take?

blanqq, i und the feeling when bb doesnt want to latch. My bb does that some times and I gave up coz she's crying so angrily already so I gave her bottle. But every time she's hungry i'll try to latch her too.

MnM, cold press? Maybe later i can ask her. She use oil and hands to massage the breast ans it hurts so much.Everyone ask me use warm water but this is the first time I heard of cold treatment. Can you help me ask her if it works for everyone?

Sweetsnow, yeah. My gyane ask me to continue wth all the supplements. Fish Oil can take already.

Sunny,

I think hot or cold compress depends on how engorged you are. At 1st my masseur only use hand n squeeze. But now my engorgement is so bad that she use hot j cold compress. Hot is to stimulate milk n cold is to relax the muscle

Creamdonut, my masseur is from jamu sg. Got her through PEM confinement agency. Although I'm unhappy with the CL that they provided, the jamu was good.

Winny, my masseur at first wanted to use hot stone treatment for me. But she says that is only for those without milk. For those with milk hot stone will stop the milk flow. She also told me not to use cabbage as cabbage is 'cold' and will stop milk as well. Since I have milk I can either use cold or hot compress. I have not tried hot compress, but the cold compress was good.

Hi all mummies, my baby is 11 days old. How much milk shd baby be drinking?

My CL told me baby taking 90ml for the past few days which I think is reasonable. This morning to my horror she told me she fed bb the 80ml that I pumped last night and top up with 60ml formula. Is that too much for 11 days?

Maybe she's too lazy and just want bb to drink more so that bb will not cry.

Hi mummies

2day will mark my last day of confinement! Yeah!

2molo will be celebrating my son full mth.

My son drank 60 - 100ml now dun dare to let him drink too much as he has colic & his little tummy will be very bloated.

Any mummies feeding their bb with Friso Comfort?

Libra bb, Congrats that ur confinement is ending. I can't wait for mine to end so that I can bathe normal and enjoy fan & aircon.

Ur bb is only drinking 100ml at 1 month? Mine is taking the same or even more at 11 days with abt 7 feeds per day. Is it too much?

hi libra bb

Are you feeding with FM? My #1 had the same problem with bloatedness and he farted quite often when he was a baby after i fed FM. And I realised that he is mildly lactose intolerant like me - i will be bloated when i take milk. Eventually i changed to Isomil and Pediasure and the bloating got better. You might want to try changing milk powder if you are feeding FM.

Hi MnM, according to the lactation consultant, my girl can take about 90-100ml at 2 weeks. When I pump, I can get about 80ml to 100 ml so I assume that my supply is thereabout 100ml. But even after I latch her, she can take another 50ml less than an hour later! So I am also very perplexed. the thing is that when she drinks so much, she will sleep for 5 hours straight. Was wondering if she is tanking up. But now, my feeding schedule is in a mess - sometimes every hour when she doesn't sleep and sometimes 5 hours ;(

Full Month Package

Which package are you mummies taking for the full month? Are you giving vouchers or cakes?

hi everyone!!

my bb supposed to be due in Nov, but i popped early at 37 weeks on 25 Oct.. so decided to join the Oct thread instead!

I'm a 2nd time mom..

Leeoh/MnM - I'm also facing the same questions.. how much should baby drink? mine is such a sleepy head that she can suck for 15 mins, then fall asleep, then wake one hour later, suck for 10 mins then fall asleep.. then sleep for another 4 hours! originally started to write a schedule.. but gave up cos her feeding just too erratic!! Now she's approx taking 30-40ml only..

Re: Full Month Package..

I should be giving cakes.. cos will be having buffet & celebrations.. so will give out the cakes on the spot..

MnM, u mean cannot turn on the fan meh?? Super hot la?!?

Hi MnM, my baby will feed 30ml of BM and 60ml of formula milk.

140ml??? alot leh. But my CL say BM can be digested easily so shd be ok la.

Eliaw, according to the older generation during confinement not supposed to have direct wind blowing at u. So I'm almost sweating and oozing oil for 24 hrs a day. Horrible!

I have a sleepy baby too. Sometimes he will finish sucking 1 side and just suck for 5 min on the other side and fall asleep. Sometimes can last him for 3 hrs sometimes 1 hr.

Hi Mnm, Heng my mum not so strict w me. Still allow fan n aircon.. Plus don't need to wear long sleeve..

I started to express out n feed by the bottle already. She drinks more n faster too before she falls asleep..

Snowpea, yr baby born on 24? My 2nd boy born on 24 although he supposed to b due on nov. U can try to clear yr blocked duct when u shower with warm water. Just massage n squeeze out the milk manually. How's yr boy milk intake? My boy will hv his jaundice chk tomorrow.

Eliaw

I hardly lie on bed besides sleeping n I sometimes dun nap too. Have been sitting most of e time. My MIL keep saying tat if i keep sitting my back will hurt in future but if i lie I can hardly watch tv!

MnM

Wow at least ur BB can finish 1 side. My BB sometimes can only feed on for 5 min n dozed off.. during better times 10-15min occasionally 20min n abv. Nowadays he wakes up every hr to feed super tiring!

Hi mommies

I am glad to join oct thread. Seems like many have already started doing full month already while some of us just started ushering our bb these few days.

I had my csec last thursday and my 36 wk bb is successfully delivered weighing 2.25kg. He was in observation ward for water in lungs and low blood sugar. However he came out of it one day later and really happy he is managing well. We were discharged yesterday evening but he is back in hospital for borderline jaundice level this morning. Hopefully he can come home tmw for me to bf him. Else dunno when he can be home. Hb brings the bm to kk now and i hope he will drink them. In meanwhile i started bf him last friday and pump today every 2.5hr or 3hr to manage the soreness, fullness of breast. Dun like full breast as i feel sore and feverish.

Confinement

My CL will come tmw afternoon and hope things go well. I always have a hard time recovering from csec wound and hope i feel better. Once I'm better, i really want to shower as i have been smelling my stinky hair these last few days. I have been perspiring much esp after every warm/hot drink or bf bb. Really not used to not on fan during daytime and depend on natural wind to cool the body. It is madness to manage that. Once i can shower i think it will manage the heat that comes with eating confinement food and recovering from painful csec.

Ok time to go to pump milk for my bb.

Hi mummies,

I have been breastfeeding and controlling my diet for d past 2 weeks after i discharge from hospital. But I only lost 1.5kg.. It's so slow.. I still need to lose 5.5kg to reach my pre pregnancy weight.. I thought breastfeeding can help to lose weight faster but it doesn't seem to work on me..

Hai..

Any tips to lose weight faster?

It seem

Jojo

It will take some time. I remembered i gained 20kg for my #1, took me abt 6-9m to shed all 20kg so i think u shd be able to lose them within 3 and 6m with exclusive bf. I was on tbf plan then. I had csec and i only lose like 1kg though placenta, bb are more than that. I have another 15-16kg to shed within the next 6-9m on tbf if my bb drinks well from me :p So i think cannot expect miracle the diet or tbf as bb now suckle little and milk factory just started not in full steam regular mode. Perhaps with exercise like pilates or acupuncture or slimming centre, u can achieve faster weight loss with effort or money pump in [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jojo,

Wow, u only put on 7kg during pregnancy?! I put on abt 15kg leh.

For me, the massage helps. Its week 2 for me n I lost 8kg. Mostly is water retention.

wana ask mummies here - is it the norm for MIL to give ang bao to us?

i have nv heard of it before, only know got give ang bao to baby leh.

Hi!

My bb girl falls asleep 5-10 minutes when she latched on. I really dun know what to do. I tried all ways but still she keep falling asleep.

Any tricks to teach?

Hi crea,donut, my mil didnt give me red packet but my in law paid for my hospital bill as red packet.

Hi mummies,

Which caterer and which full month package are you guys considering? Can share details please? How early in advance must place the order?

hi sweetsnow, i also looking at caterer. i wanted to place order with angeli but they are booked for the date i want. u can take a look. seems not bad.

Hi mummies

I am thinking of getting nonya catering for a change - looking at chili padi or Guan Hoe Soon. Anyone with experience with them?

As for the full month cakes, I am not going for the traditional but will get petit fours instead - most likely from Gobi or Obolo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

Milk supply

I can't seem to get more than 100ml no matter how much I try. My girl is 3 weeks and she needs more than 100ml. Have been supplementing with the EBM from freezer but that is running out since I am not able to pump mote than she drinks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Taking Fenugreek but no difference leh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Feeling desperate liao.

Losing Weight

I don't even dare to weigh myself now. My mum is watching my food intake like a hawk. She feels that confinement must bu as much as possible so I cam forget about watching my diet. I gained 13-14kgs in total. Lost 5kgs after delivery so now left with 8kg! The thing is I don't have much water retention so this is pure FATS! The only good thing is that my stomach is shrinking quite ok - with only a small tyre around my belly button.

leeoh

Did u try green papaya red date wolf berry pork ribs/fish soup on top of drinking red date longan tea after every pump session? Did u rest enough and increase the latching time per side or pump time?

I find drinking papaya pork ribs, black bean pig trotters soup, peanut soup and steamed/fried fish gd for boosting additional milk on top of usual red date tea and warm plain water. Need to watch for engorgement/ fullness when taking the papaya soup.

Catering/cakes

I ordered from Neo Garden and cakes from sweetest moments. Sweetest moment Swiss roll cake is good.

Feeding

My baby feed is also irregular. Last nite he had 210ml to my horror. Sometimes he drink 90ml hourly in the day and 140ml in the nite base on 3hr intervals.

MnM,

My CL also from PEM and sent her back early. It was the last straw when she spoiled my stove and nearly got the whole hse on fire. My elder boy saw the flame and was so scared by the incident. For what she have done, she was not apologetic at all. We have to change the whole hob coz it cannot be used anymore. When ask her to pay paritial she was not remorseful and say she dun wan pay a single cent.

Weight loss,

I put on 16 kg and dun dare to stand on the weighing machine to face reality yet. Do notice my tummy shrunk after the massage. Dun be in a hurry to lose if you are bf.

Back